Avatar image for captnmcdeadpool
captnmcdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@buckshot said:

There's a marked difference in the content and quality of posts 6 years ago, 2 years ago, and in the last few days. I can't be the only one seeing this...

@captnmcdeadpool said:

I would like the Mr. Majestic expert on the Vine to educate me on Mr. Majestic's absolute best reaction/combat feats.

Prove to me that Majestic can react faster than J'onn can.

Pending feats, I go with J'onn.

Did you even try to do any of your own work?

Respectfully, that was rude and uncalled for. You didn't need to do that to get your point across. Shouldn't moderators be exemplary in their forum behavior?

And, no offense, but even after scans are submitted, if I'm so inclined, I may usually visit my local comic shop and pick up the back issue(s) to get the context (or mycomicshop.com). If the scans submitted are not clear, definitive, or they are otherwise ambiguous, then I prefer to read the issues myself.

I've read a total of three TPB's with Majestic in them. Rather than arrogantly make an assertion (Martian Manhunter wins!) and walk away without contributing anything of value to the conversation, I asked for feats to prove otherwise ("pending feats...").

I have yet to meet anyone that is expert on every character that comes up in a battle forums discussion.

@morpheus__

@mercy_

@g_man

@jloneblackheart

@deranged_midget

@god_spawn

@sc

@vance_astro

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@buckshot said:

There's a marked difference in the content and quality of posts 6 years ago, 2 years ago, and in the last few days. I can't be the only one seeing this...

@captnmcdeadpool said:

I would like the Mr. Majestic expert on the Vine to educate me on Mr. Majestic's absolute best reaction/combat feats.

Prove to me that Majestic can react faster than J'onn can.

Pending feats, I go with J'onn.

Did you even try to do any of your own work?

Respectfully, that was rude and uncalled for. You didn't need to do that to get your point across. Shouldn't moderators be exemplary in their forum behavior?

And, no offense, but even after scans are submitted, if I'm so inclined, I may usually visit my local comic shop and pick up the back issue(s) to get the context (or mycomicshop.com). If the scans submitted are not clear, definitive, or they are otherwise ambiguous, then I prefer to read the issues myself.

I've read a total of three TPB's with Majestic in them. Rather than arrogantly make an assertion (Martian Manhunter wins!) and walk away without contributing anything of value to the conversation, I asked for feats to prove otherwise ("pending feats...").

I have yet to meet anyone that is expert on every character that comes up in a battle forums discussion.

@morpheus__

@mercy_

@g_man

@jloneblackheart

@deranged_midget

@god_spawn

@sc

@vance_astro

...you think what Buckshot told you was "rude and uncalled for"? Really? If you think that - then the battle forums just isn't for you.

captnmcdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...you think what Buckshot told you was "rude and uncalled for"? Really? If you think that - then the battle forums just isn't for you.

Honestly, I don't think it involves you. But, yes it was rude. It was a personal attack directed at me. Not sure how a moderator can call others on their rude behavior then turn around and be rude to other posters.

@deranged_midget

@jonny_anonymous

@morpheus_

@jloneblackheart

@g_man

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@captnmcdeadpool:

Honestly, I don't think it involves you. But, yes it was rude. It was a personal attack directed at me. Not sure how a moderator can call others on their rude behavior then turn around and be rude to other posters.

If you post on a public forum, I have the right to post reply to any comment you make, it's ludicrous to think otherwise.

captnmcdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By captnmcdeadpool

@captnmcdeadpool:

If you post on a public forum, I have the right to post reply to any comment you make, it's ludicrous to think otherwise.

You can respond, true. However, every on line community usually has a set of rules to follow. The battle forum etiquette is clear:

Watch Your Language (and Attitude)

Just like the rest of the site, the Battle Forum is “Kid Friendly”. This means no cursing and no name calling. And while there’s no strict rule against having an attitude or being a jerk, if you can’t discuss something without throwing insults you probably shouldn’t try.The attitude thing extends into being a gracious winner or loser. If, after a long debate, you find that your position has withstood all attacks against it while the opposition’s hasn’t, there’s no need to be obnoxious about it. If it turns out that you were wrong the whole time, don’t get mad, just accept it. These things really aren’t important enough to get bent out of shape over. (And when the time comes that you’ve switched positions, you won’t want someone being obnoxious because they “beat” you or acting like a child because they “lost”.)

I understand my views on the Vine may not always be cohesive with the rest of the community, but like you said, if you post on a public forum, "I have the right to post reply to any comment you make," popular or not.

And I restate my earlier position: if you are a moderator that insists other posters abide by the rules, including the one above, this would imply you need to be exemplary as a poster in the community you represent, otherwise it waters down the rules and posters otherwise become demoralized. Oddly, the OP asked similar questions to mine. And as well researched as he appeared to be on both characters, it was still a question in his mind. Hence this battle thread. Yet no off color comments about the quality of posting around here were made to him. Your welcome to your opinion. I'll stick with mine. It was a personal attack designed to incite an emotional response. Not okay.

@deranged_midget

@jonny_anonymous

@morpheus

@god_spawn

@sc

@g_man

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

getting out of hand (-_-)

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@captnmcdeadpool:

Your welcome to your opinion. I'll stick with mine.

*shrugs*

Alrighty then.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@captnmcdeadpool: I think you're overreacting just a tad, mate. He basically just said "You could look for the feats yourself, you know"

I can't think of many ways to phrase that in order to make it come off as rude or uncalled for, but Buckshot's certainly wasn't matching that description. You should probably stop mass-tagging moderators and making a fuss over something so small.

Also, jonny_anonymous and g_man aren't mods.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#110  Edited By oceanmaster21  Online

Majestic ftw

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#111 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@captnmcdeadpool: First, stop tagging everyone. If you wanted attention you only had to do it once. Multiple mass-tags in the same thread is pointless and annoying, especially when nothing new has really been said between your posts. Second, you're overreacting. That you highlighted the first portion of my response shows me you don't understand what I was referring to. That wasn't aimed at you, it was in response to several one or two word comments in the thread. The statement I made about those comments is objectively true. There IS a clear difference in the kinds of responses this thread got initially and the kind it's getting these days. If you want to be offended by an objectively true statement that wasn't even directed at you, so be it, it's your choice. Third, the part that actually was directed at you wasn't rude either. You asked for speed feats for Majestic. I gave them to you and asked if you'd actually bothered to look things up for yourself. If you hadn't it should have been an indication that you should do so in the future. If you had, you could have said so and asked for specific help with understanding any particular feats you were still unclear of. Just because you ask someone to do all your work for you doesn't mean they have to acquiesce. And them asking how much you've done for yourself before asking isn't rude just because you don't like it. If you still feel like being offended over simple statements, PM me about it and include other mods in the conversation, but get it out of the thread.

captnmcdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckshot said:

@captnmcdeadpool: First, stop tagging everyone. If you wanted attention you only had to do it once. Multiple mass-tags in the same thread is pointless and annoying, especially when nothing new has really been said between your posts. Second, you're overreacting. That you highlighted the first portion of my response shows me you don't understand what I was referring to. That wasn't aimed at you, it was in response to several one or two word comments in the thread. The statement I made about those comments is objectively true. There IS a clear difference in the kinds of responses this thread got initially and the kind it's getting these days. If you want to be offended by an objectively true statement that wasn't even directed at you, so be it, it's your choice. Third, the part that actually was directed at you wasn't rude either. You asked for speed feats for Majestic. I gave them to you and asked if you'd actually bothered to look things up for yourself. If you hadn't it should have been an indication that you should do so in the future. If you had, you could have said so and asked for specific help with understanding any particular feats you were still unclear of. Just because you ask someone to do all your work for you doesn't mean they have to acquiesce. And them asking how much you've done for yourself before asking isn't rude just because you don't like it. If you still feel like being offended over simple statements, PM me about it and include other mods in the conversation, but get it out of the thread.

Fair Enough.

I'll get back to you on those scans you submitted by the way.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Martian Manhunter wins he has taken on the whole leaugue on at least 3 occasions and gained the upper hand he also showed combat speed beyond that of superman when he blitzed the white Martians that managed to beat supes and match him in virtually all stats

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i will go with majestic.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I forgot how funny this was lol

Anyways I'll stick to what I said:

It can go either way

Huey_Freeman34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends but I'm leaning toward Majestic.. Honestly dunno though.

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

Bump

I am taking Majestic I suppose.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points