Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By King_Saturn
@slacker the hacker said:
" the first party Majestic can take prime while WW distracts Vartox "
maybe... but what if Prime faced off against Wonder Man... and Vartox faced off against Majestic ?
Avatar image for comicfanforever
comicfanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By comicfanforever
@King Saturn said:

"Who wins in an all out battle between Mr. Majestic ( no weapons ) and Pre Crisis Wonder-Man versus Pre Crisis Vartox and Superman Prime ( at peak levels ) ? Fight takes place in Metropolis...  "

Team 2 with Prime and Vartox. 
 I do not see majestic be a character as powerful as everyone says (I remember he needs a special suit to get into the sun).
Prime can defeat Majestic without many problems.
The magic does not affect Prime (large scale). Prime and Vortax team up and they can beat Pre crisis Wonder Woman. 

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By King_Saturn
@comicfanforever said:
" @King Saturn said:

"Who wins in an all out battle between Mr. Majestic ( no weapons ) and Pre Crisis Wonder-Man versus Pre Crisis Vartox and Superman Prime ( at peak levels ) ? Fight takes place in Metropolis...  "

Team 2 with Prime and Vartox.  I do not see majestic be a character as powerful as everyone says (I remember he needs a special suit to get into the sun).Prime can defeat Majestic without many problems.The magic does not affect Prime (large scale). Prime and Vortax team up and they can beat Pre crisis Wonder Woman.     "
hold up... this aint Pre Crisis Wonder Woman... its Pre Crisis Wonder Man... 
Avatar image for comicfanforever
comicfanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By comicfanforever
@King Saturn said:
" @comicfanforever said:
" @King Saturn said:

Team 2 with Prime and Vartox.  I do not see majestic be a character as powerful as everyone says (I remember he needs a special suit to get into the sun).Prime can defeat Majestic without many problems.The magic does not affect Prime (large scale). Prime and Vortax team up and they can beat Pre crisis Wonder Woman.     "
hold up... this aint Pre Crisis Wonder Woman... its Pre Crisis Wonder Man...  "

my mistake, sorry.

Still, I think team 2 wins this fight. Prime fought on equal terms against Monarch (Monarch defeated multi-Supermen and Multi- Wonder-Women - power level very close to  Silver Age Superman - and Prime gave a good fight - Countdown Final Crisis issue 13). 

Majestic durability (special suit to get into the sun) 

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By King_Saturn
@comicfanforever said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @comicfanforever said:
" @King Saturn said:

hold up... this aint Pre Crisis Wonder Woman... its Pre Crisis Wonder Man...  "

my mistake, sorry.

Still, I think team 2 wins this fight. Prime fought on equal terms against Monarch (Monarch defeated multi-Supermen and Multi- Wonder-Women - power level very close to  Silver Age Superman - and Prime gave a good fight - Countdown Final Crisis issue 13). 

No Caption Provided

"
hmmm... I wasnt even thinking about a special suit... that is interesting though
Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#8  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@comicfanforever said:

"

When he went to the sun for a few weeks he didn't use a special suit. He transmuted his body. If you're going to attack his durability(as everyone seems to be doing lately for some reason), at least read the scan you're using to do so. In any case, his durability has been shown to be sufficient to fly through planet-sized ships going many times FTL and being unharmed (after flying around a star without complaint which came after being bare inches away from multiple energy attacks measured in the thousands of megaton range), survive a planet-busting attack unharmed and shrug off a superpowered Eradicator. Given his intelligence, fighting skill, and speed (and strength matching his opponents here), even if his durability were a little lower, it would not necessarily be a problem. It doesn't matter if you can take less hits if you're fast, smart and skilled enough to not get hit much and strong enough to do equal or greater damage.
TheSpeedForce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheSpeedForce

you should turn this into all three of them vs prime, prime would still win.

mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mattek
@Buckshot said:

" @comicfanforever said:

No Caption Provided

"
         When he went to the sun for a few weeks he didn't use a special suit. He transmuted his body. If you're going to attack his durability(as everyone seems to be doing lately for some reason), at least read the scan you're using to do so. In any case, his durability has been shown to be sufficient to fly through planet-sized ships going many times FTL and being unharmed (after flying around a star without complaint which came after being bare inches away from multiple energy attacks measured in the thousands of megaton range), survive a planet-busting attack unharmed and shrug off a superpowered Eradicator. Given his intelligence, fighting skill, and speed (and strength matching his opponents here), even if his durability were a little lower, it would not necessarily be a problem. It doesn't matter if you can take less hits if you're fast, smart and skilled enough to not get hit much and strong enough to do equal or greater damage. "
PC Superman is way beyond that. 

Team 2 FTEW.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@Buckshot said:
" @comicfanforever said:

No Caption Provided

"
         When he went to the sun for a few weeks he didn't use a special suit. He transmuted his body. If you're going to attack his durability(as everyone seems to be doing lately for some reason), at least read the scan you're using to do so. In any case, his durability has been shown to be sufficient to fly through planet-sized ships going many times FTL and being unharmed (after flying around a star without complaint which came after being bare inches away from multiple energy attacks measured in the thousands of megaton range), survive a planet-busting attack unharmed and shrug off a superpowered Eradicator. Given his intelligence, fighting skill, and speed (and strength matching his opponents here), even if his durability were a little lower, it would not necessarily be a problem. It doesn't matter if you can take less hits if you're fast, smart and skilled enough to not get hit much and strong enough to do equal or greater damage. "
Also, Majestic moved a sun without protection.
mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mattek
@Buckshot said:
" @Buckshot said:
" @comicfanforever said:

No Caption Provided

"
Also, Majestic moved a sun without protection. "
No he didn't He moved a star INGOT. Which is not hot. He then uses laser vision to create a temporary star.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@mattek said:
No he didn't He moved a star INGOT. Which is not hot. He then uses laser vision to create a temporary star. "
He turned a star ingot into a star hot and bright enough to stand in for the sun (he actually had to put in dampeners too so it might have been producing more energy) and sustain life on Earth. Then he moved it.
mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mattek
@Buckshot said:
" @mattek said:
No he didn't He moved a star INGOT. Which is not hot. He then uses laser vision to create a temporary star. "
He turned a star ingot into a star hot and bright enough to stand in for the sun (he actually had to put in dampeners too so it might have been producing more energy) and sustain life on Earth. Then he moved it. "
I don't remember it that way. I'll have to dig through my books and re-read it. Unless someone has scans off hand.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By King_Saturn
@Buckshot said:
" @mattek said:
He turned a star ingot into a star hot and bright enough to stand in for the sun (he actually had to put in dampeners too so it might have been producing more energy) and sustain life on Earth. Then he moved it. "
moved a sun ? heh... its funny how folks dont wanna compare Majestic to Silver Age Superman with that level of strength 
mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mattek
@Buckshot said:

" @mattek said:

And also - it was much closer to the planet than the actual sun is so Dampeners were probably needed. But the fact that it was way closer tells us it probably wasn't as hot as a normal sun.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@mattek said:
" @Buckshot said:
" @mattek said:
I don't remember it that way. I'll have to dig through my books and re-read it. Unless someone has scans off hand. "
I'm just looking at the scans that someone posted in that other thread where you doubted Majestic and we went over this the first time. Maybe it was closer, but I didn't see that in the scans there.
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By difficlus

team 1 ftw! 

@Buckshot: how would Maj go against Hank Henshaw (without rings)

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@difficlus said:
" team 1 ftw! 

@Buckshot: how would Maj go against Hank Henshaw (without rings) "
There have been 3 or 4 fights with Hank vs Majestic but they all had rings so you could make a thread for a fight without them. I think either one has the potential to win.
mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mattek
@Buckshot said:
" @mattek said:
" @Buckshot said:
" @mattek said:
I don't remember it that way. I'll have to dig through my books and re-read it. Unless someone has scans off hand. "
I'm just looking at the scans that someone posted in that other thread where you doubted Majestic and we went over this the first time. Maybe it was closer, but I didn't see that in the scans there. "
I didn't doubt Majestic. He's one of my favorite characters ever. He's just over rated around here and I like to point that out. =)
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@mattek said:
" @Buckshot said:
" @mattek said:
" @Buckshot said:
" @mattek said:
I'm just looking at the scans that someone posted in that other thread where you doubted Majestic and we went over this the first time. Maybe it was closer, but I didn't see that in the scans there. "
I didn't doubt Majestic. He's one of my favorite characters ever. He's just over rated around here and I like to point that out. =) "
So did you find something to refute the claim of him withstanding something outputting energy on the level of the sun? I don't feel like you succeeded in putting Maj in his place as you seem to want to. I don't recall you correcting (at least in my posts, though I may be wrong) any fallacious views (like claims about his durability when seen in the context of his other durability feats).
mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mattek
@Buckshot said:
" @mattek said:
" @Buckshot said:
" @mattek said:
" @Buckshot said:
" @mattek said:
I didn't doubt Majestic. He's one of my favorite characters ever. He's just over rated around here and I like to point that out. =) "
So did you find something to refute the claim of him withstanding something outputting energy on the level of the sun? I don't feel like you succeeded in putting Maj in his place as you seem to want to. I don't recall you correcting (at least in my posts, though I may be wrong) any fallacious views (like claims about his durability when seen in the context of his other durability feats). "
I've posted enough proof and information to solidify my opinion and stance Majestic's durability. Your sun out-put claim is countered by his inability to go into a star unaided. How you choose to interpret the showings is not something I can control. The evidence is there.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@mattek said:

I've posted enough proof and information to solidify my opinion and stance Majestic's durability. Your sun out-put claim is countered by his inability to go into a star unaided. How you choose to interpret the showings is not something I can control. The evidence is there. "
Yes, the evidence. In one instance when he goes into the sun for weeks on end he protects himself. In another, when he's not there for long, he is unprotected. He's also shown the durability to fly around stars, take nukes to the face, fly into a planet-sized object at FTL speeds (which provoked only an "ouch"), remain unharmed though being inches away from multiple multi-thousand megaton explosions (and trade blows with a character that could be hit directly with the same force multiple times), resist the forces exerted on his body when moving planets, literally shrug off magical assaults that would topple giants, resist the applied force of a being that smacked down Superman (when he had backup that was on his level of strength and durability), take hits from a character that has displayed the ability to shatter the moon (and casually toss asteroids and go literally head to head, as in flying at it at full speed, with a being bigger than a planet), withstand an explosion powerful enough to at least break the earth and moon and at most destroy the planet entirely, and survive in Otherspace unharmed (multiple times). If you cancel out the sun thing (since he displayed the durability to withstand the sun later on) the rest of the feats paint a pretty nice picture. You can average it in and that one thing (which isnt even a bad showing) doesn't bring down his other feats of durability. You're trying to say his durability isn't all that but when you look at a good list of his durability feats, he's solid.
Avatar image for alexander121793
alexander121793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By alexander121793

Here is a complete list of Pre Crisis Vartox's powers 

• Invulnerability roughly analogous to the Silver Age Superman. Vartox survives the explosion of a planet at ground zero, can survive without breathing in deep space and is stated as having no weakness to magic. His only shown vulnerability is when his hyper-power is siphoned away by an outside source.
  • Hyper-Strength, described as greater than Superman's.
  • Hyper-Speed, described as greater than Superman's.
  • Flight. Vartox is capable of unaided intergalactic flight.
  • Hyper-senses. These take at least two forms, though there are possibly more. Hyper-Vision, evidenced as analogous to telescopic vision, microscopic vision (at least to a molecular level) and the ability to see through any substance (unlike Superman's own X-ray Vision which cannot see through lead). Hyper-Vision also boosted a time-viewing machine to enable it to view the past of another planet rather than the one it was situated on. Vartox also has some form of super-hearing as he was able to hear Jimmy Olsen's ultra-sonic signal watch and listen to a conversation taking place thousands of miles away.
  • Vartox has a Hyper-body which he has described as "an ethereal Hyper-body which dwells within my physical essence. On occasion this 'phantom self' has been dispatched into action without his knowledge --directed by my own subconscious wishes" (S No. 373, Jul 1982: " Lana Lang's Farewell to Earth"). This hyper-body is capable of possessing another person, taking control of them and imbuing that body with Vartox's own powers. Alternatively, Vartox can also temporarily boost another person with a portion of his hyper-power, giving them abilities that rival his own.
  • Vartox has demonstrated some mind control abilities, even across a great distance and over as many people as a whole town. Despite this, he has never directly demonstrated any skills at reading others' thoughts or feelings. Vartox has also demonstrated the ability to project sounds and images directly into another person's mind.
  • Vartox once used his hyper-power to predict the outcome of a battle between himself and Superman.
  • Vartox has hyper-hypnotic powers which he has used on several occasions to take on the appearance of another person.
  • On one occasion Vartox demonstrated super-breath.
  • Vartox can transform himself into pure hyper-energy, creating a power surge great enough to render Superman unconscious.
  • Vartox has demonstrated the ability to teleport both himself and others over large distances.
  • Vartox can make himself immaterial at will and can also make other objects, such as walls, immaterial to allow others to pass through them unhindered.
  • Energy Powers: Vartox can emit a range of energy powers from his hands, eyes and in one case his foot. These have taken the forms of hyper-charges, which are capable of killing or rendering a target unconscious, the extremely powerful hyper-obliteration charge, as well as hyper-disintegration beams.
  • Telekenesis: Vartox possesses a very powerful form of telekenesis which he has used in many ways, to manipulate his environment, to rain "remote-control blows" on an enemy from a distance, to shape water into tidal waves, to choke Superman with his own cape and to repair a shredded parachute, amongst others.
  • Frost Powers: Vartox can generate hyper-frost to freeze a target. He can use this to freeze a person solid, this condition wears off within the hour leaving the subject unharmed.
  • Vartox has a form of heat vision.
  • Techno-empathy: Vartox has demonstrated the ability to interface directly with even super-sophisticated computers.
  • Magnetic powers.
  • His hyper-energy can also be shaped to make objects, such as nets, barriers and forcefield bubbles.
  • Vartox has also demonstrated a host of other, less quantifiable powers such as being able to transform a 3-dimensional object into a 2-dimensional one, drastically increase the weight of objects and in some cases seemingly transform matter at a molecular, and possibly atomic, level.
  • Vartox carries devices on his thighboots capable of emitting some kind of gas which Superman speculated was probably paralysis causing.
  • Vartox is also an accomplished inventor and scientific genius.    

I dout someone with that many extremly powerfull powers would lose 

I don't know enough about team 1 to be a very accurate judge but baste on Pre Crisis Vartox's numerous and extremly powerfull powers and superboy primes feats I say team 2 wins 

If you can find some scans of Mr. Majestic or Wonder-Man that suggests they could handle vartox's numerous extremly powerfull powers or superboy primes strength then I may change my mind or at least take them into consideration.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By daak1212

Team 2 

This is just baseline Majestic and he's going up against Prime and Vartox
MutenRoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MutenRoshi

@comicfanforever said:

No Caption Provided

Some of Prime's feats are PIS but yes I agree he's more durable than Majestic

Threadsplit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

team 2