• 66 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Fight is in an abandoned city, neither are holding back. Who wins and why?

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By nefarious

The Mighty Thor strikes down thee. 

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hemsworth walks all over Cage.

Avatar image for revenge_of_chucky
Revenge_Of_Chucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Revenge_Of_Chucky

Gonna have to go with Thor on this one.

LEADER777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LEADER777

no contest thor would fry ghost rider with thunder

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sufferthorn

Movie Ghost Rider isn't impressive.

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ghost_rider1

Thor in a massive curbstomp

EnhancedHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By EnhancedHuman

MOVIE THOR

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By Erik

Movie Thor in a brutal stomp.

TERMINATORXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TERMINATORXX

Thor took out all those frost giants with ease, he beat loki, the destroyer...etc...etc...etc

thor stomps ghost rider hard.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Deranged Midget

The film incarnation of Ghost Rider hasn't shown anything remotely close to what he's capable of in comics and stands no chance.

Flagged for mismatch.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No offense to Midget, this does not deserve to be locked at all. Honestly this is a close match if you think what Thor does is legit Magic. If not, then Thor should lose handily as only supernatural, not science base Magic affects GR. meanwhile, I find GR can handle Thor with his power set, including the Penance Stare.

Durability

Lets talk about GR best power, he is IMMORTAL! He sign a deal with the devil, and the devil himself stated in movie one that he is no good to him Dead which is why Blaze could never die, whether as Ghost Rider or Blaze.

No Caption Provided

As seen, Blaze remembers the deal with the devil right before he crashes on his suicide stunt, and suffers no injuries. Not even KOed. This is human form. Blaze as a human also wiped out and seemingly died on his motorcycle earlier, only to have Mephisto say to him, "Your no good to me dead." Then Blaze wakes up. Blaze friend states he should be dead ten times over, must have a angel watching over him, to which Blaze says its something else. Fact is, its well establish he cannot die as human, much less the rider.

No Caption Provided

Here the Rider has his jaw busted off, and he snaps in out with no problem or issues.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

As seen in the first gif, the bullet wounds auto heal in a split second of contact showing that immortality to damage. Second one shows him increasing durability to eat the bullets and throw them back up.

No Caption Provided

GR here races down the skyscraper at high speeds, and slams with enough force to blow back the officers a bit, and crater the area around him. He is unfazed.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

GR here tanks a ramming Semi Truck moving at high speeds. No damage what so ever though this attack would equate to Hulk Buster Tony of MCU can put out.

No Caption Provided

This Grenade does no damage. Ghost Rider even defies physics with cartooney effect after it lol.

No Caption Provided

GR was effected by the Child of Satan, and still tank with no shown damage these grenade launchers initial barrage.

No Caption Provided

Mark 19 Grenade Launcher off loading on GR on his bike, no effect. Does not even push him away or cause GR to be blasted away from the force.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Powerful anti tank missiles from LAWs that did no damage to GR at all. Or even stun GR for that matter.

What is GR weak too though? Magic. Its the ONLY weakness he has been shown to have.

No Caption Provided

Black out given the magic power to black out the area around him, as well the Death Touch that decays and kills whatever he touches. Even after choking GR with this power for some time showed some effect on GR, it still was not enough.

No Caption Provided

Blackheart, the son of the Devil, was able to choke GR with his death touch, and then outright cancel GR powers altogether.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

In the infamous scene of GR being KOed by grenade launchers, the context is shown here. The Son of the Devil, the child, was affecting Ghost Rider with a look, causing Blaze's hand to shake, and allowed GR to be a target for the henchmen. The child did this after GR harmed his mother.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Once again we see the Child with a devil voice ordering GR to obey him, and shut GR down altogether with a look.

No Caption Provided

Fact is the only people able to harm the Rider are people with supernatural abilities.

Super Strength

GR has it.

No Caption Provided

Able to force a chopper, and toss it away.

No Caption Provided

His best strength feat is slamming Mephisto through the planets crust, into the lava chamber levels far below.

Speed

Ghost Rider is very fast.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The Speed of the Rider is enough to leave blurs, or move at impossible to speeds of any normal human.

Transmutation

Anything non living can be trans mutated by Hellfire, and turn into Ghost Rider weapon.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Any non living material can be reform and made into Ghost Riders own toy through the Hellfire transmutation abilities. Vehicles, weapons, or certain armors of a certain MCU Avenger.

Hell Cycle

What gear odes GR like above all? His flaming ride of course.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Its able to move at high speeds, including up buildings on the glass itself, and stay afloat on water.

No Caption Provided

Its strong enough to plow through two cop cars with ease.

Hell Fire

The main form of power and attack GR has in the films.

No Caption Provided

GR melts high grade steel into molten lead with the wave of his hand.

No Caption Provided

GR disintegrate a human by touching him.

No Caption Provided

His Hellfire was enough to make Blackheart scream in agony.

No Caption Provided

Under water GR is able to disentigrate the Angel who takes the form of water in seconds.

No Caption Provided

Able to projectile Hellfire with explosive force that blew Legion empowered Blackheart to pieces.

No Caption Provided

Able to blast Hellfire in a AOE attack.

No Caption Provided

Able to summon a wall of this uber powerful Hellfire in a large radius.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

This Hellfire is powerful enough to cause wake damage all around it when GR is just driving by. Melting steel in the vicinity, sending cars flying off the road, and all with the back ground catching fire.

Chain Attacks

GR is also known to use his Chain as a weapon, a tool, or charge it with Hellfire for more attack options.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

The Chains are used to nab people, and they have the ability to act on their own as well.

No Caption Provided

The chains are even able to reach, and tie impossible areas because they are semi self aware for the Rider.

No Caption Provided

These chains can be Hellfire empowered to disintegrate humans, and their gear on touch. Not only ashing humans with a split second of contact, but the plastic, and metals on them too. He uses this form of attack several times in the film, including one shotting to ash 30+ humans around him.

No Caption Provided

Able to create a chain vortex of Hellfire to kill a intangible Angel of wind.

No Caption Provided

Takes out a Angel made of earth, who has a shown healing factor to boot from the hellfire chains.

Penance Stare

The greatest weapon GR has is his Penance Stare which makes you feel all the pain you caused others, and eats your soul. One thing to note on the Penance Stare, is the fact that you cannot simply close your eyes to it. In the films, Black Heart was unable too, even with the power up from Legion. In the second film, it was shown people watching the PS would lose the will to do anything, and Blackout stated do not stare at it or you will be affected.

No Caption Provided

States you feel all the pain you caused at once.

No Caption Provided

Stated to suck your soul out. Also states that no matter what bad deed you done, even for good reason, the Rider will find it, and eat your soul.

No Caption Provided

The Penance Stare is powerful enough to burn 1000s of souls at once.

Avatar image for dantethetravele
DanteTheTravele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DanteTheTravele

@sirfizzwhizz: Agreed. This is not a mismatch. Though I'd still give it to Thor as he tanked Destroyer blasts IIRC.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#14 JediXMan  Moderator

@sirfizzwhizz: Agreed. This is not a mismatch. Though I'd still give it to Thor as he tanked Destroyer blasts IIRC.

When was he directly hit by them? After picking up Mjolnir, all he did was block the blasts with Mjolnir.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@dantethetravele said:

Fair enough. I see no counter for Penance Stare though if GR can pull it off.

@jedixman said:
@dantethetravele said:

When was he directly hit by them? After picking up Mjolnir, all he did was block the blasts with Mjolnir.

Wasnt he hit by them? Now I cant recall for sure lol.

DanteTheTravele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:
@dantethetravele said:

Like I said, IIRC. But if he didn't then it becomes more debatable as Thor hasn't really resisted powerful energy blasts or anything like hellfire without his hammer. I still think Thor beats him down with Mjolnir, the question is will he stay down?

@sirfizzwhizz: I think it works on any being with a soul and I'd say Thor has a soul.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#17 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman said:
@dantethetravele said:

Wasnt he hit by them? Now I cant recall for sure lol.

I only recall an indirect blast when he was still human. The Destroyer hit in front of Thor and sent him flying. But as Thor, with Mjolnir, I don't think he was ever hit.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor doesn't have to get anywhere NEAR GR to crush him. Massive bolts of (supernatural is used as the same term as ultra advanced science...which i think is bogus...it may very well be the same for the GR mythology..if not, I'd certainly call it close enough), a localized F5 tornado (it's not just THAT it's blowing, it WHAT it's blowing lol ;) ) Shock waves of earth shattering thunder and the like.

Thor doesn't even HAVE to kill GR, just put him down. Wrap a small girder of steel around his eyes. Bam. No more Penance Stare.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d17cb96c7fc
deactivated-57d17cb96c7fc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GR. The penance stare is enough for thor to crumble, not to mention he cannot be destroyed.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@heroup2112:

Thor doesn't have to get anywhere NEAR GR to crush him.

Same for GR actually.

Massive bolts of (supernatural is used as the same term as ultra advanced science...which i think is bogus...it may very well be the same for the GR mythology..if not, I'd certainly call it close enough), a localized F5 tornado (it's not just THAT it's blowing, it WHAT it's blowing lol ;) ) Shock waves of earth shattering thunder and the like.

Thats all well and good, but a F5 is doing no damage, not that Thor made a F5, it was more like a F3, nit picking lol.

Also the question is the Thunderbolt doing any major damage that Iron Man level missiles are? Also how is Lightning hurting GR at all if not magical? Though even if we assume it could harm GR, Lightning is Electricity, and Heat base damage. Neither working on a being made of fire that burns hotter than any lightning Thor used before.

Thor doesn't even HAVE to kill GR, just put him down. Wrap a small girder of steel around his eyes. Bam. No more Penance Stare.

How would Thor KNOW about the Penance Stare, and why would a steel girder work when GR melts high grade steel or transmute metals?

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good point. Then Thor used his MAGIC hammer Mjolnir to smash GR into little pieces, with luck, he won't lock eyes with the fiend :)

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good point. Then Thor used his MAGIC hammer Mjolnir to smash GR into little pieces, with luck, he won't lock eyes with the fiend :)

lol

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: This would be AFTER all the lightning, tornado, and thunder strikes of course...Thor'd be stupid to try to go up and WALLUP this demon on a motorcycle thing creating major havoc. Hmmm, he's got so much ego he MIGHT though. I dunno

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112: I think Thor would brah up to GR. He uses his powers rarely, relying on the Thor smash aspect

Like against Iron Man, Hulk, Kurse, and that other Dark Elf Villain no one remembers lol.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HeroUp2112

@sirfizzwhizz: Sadly, you're right, and Thor has thousands of years of penance to make up for...

Oh, and his name's Malaketh. I may be one of the few people that really did like that movie :)

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

Avatar image for hocko1999_virus
Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor probably wins.

Also wasn't MCU Asgardian "magic" just explained as being incredibly advanced tech/science rather than genuine magic?

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's been a LONG time since I've seen Ghost Rider, but didn't he just regenerate? If so, not seeing how Thor keeps him down.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ghostrider2

GR.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@mazahs117: he instant regen any non magic damage yes. Even in human form as Blaze he was getting into instant death wrecksandnotbeing KOed at all.

LokLegends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By LokLegends

Erm, dude. This battle is defintely spite. Thor beats him in every category by far, it's not even close

Ghost Rider is a skeleton. He would literally gets blown to pieces or decapitated by a hammer throw

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Or he gets the Ultronbot treatment.

No Caption Provided

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@loklegends: Fail of a post and use of gifs dude.

First Gif: Lots of context of the Vibranium Generator exploding due to the combine effort of Thor and Iron Man. Wow.

Second Gif: Not bad, but not great. Not even town busting as all he did was strike the ice shelf causing a domino effect with the ice breaking around.

Third Gif: That gif of a Cap America level Ultron bot is suppose to damage GR who shrugs off Anti Tank missils with no damage? A being made of fire?

Ghost Rider is a skeleton. He would literally gets blown to pieces or decapitated by a hammer throw

Actually Ghost Rider is stated and shown to be Immortal, and made of Hellfire with instant regen ability. But hey, way to try and lowball GR to be a Thor fanboy :)

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll give it to Ghost Rider, honestly. I don't think Thor has anything that can really put the Rider down permanently, and I feel like if anything, Thor is capable of dying moreso than the Ghost Rider. Plus, if he pulls a Penance Stare, Thor is done.

GXrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DanteTheTravele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to say Ghost Rider sadly

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@heroup2112 said:

@hocko1999_virus said:

Thor probably wins.

Also wasn't MCU Asgardian "magic" just explained as being incredibly advanced tech/science rather than genuine magic?

Just want to bump this after a recent Movie Fights.

https://youtu.be/ZbZ1rnJWk3c?t=1h25m21s

"Im sorry, did you not see in the first Thor movie where we specifically establish they are not gods, but super powerful aliens mistaken for god by the ancient Norse."

- Zack Stenz, Movie Fights

So confirm, Thor has no magic.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Pierpat

IF thor was morals off or had knowledge he could just blast GR from afar.

But with morals on, without knowledge, he'll go close up, punch him, throw out a wacky punch line, look at him...and get one shotted by the Stare.

GR 8/10.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@asgardianbrony said:

@sirfizzwhizz: Thor uses magic, Mjolnir is magical and so is his lightning. Thor wins because he is better in all categories except maybe durability.

Writer of Thor > Your Post.

@pierpat said:

But with morals on, without knowledge, he'll go close up, punch him, throw out a wacky punch line, look at him...and get one shotted by the Stare.

GR 8/10.

Problem is GR is immune to non supernatural attacks. The only attacks that ever work was the Devils sons supernatural powers, and Blackout's death touch.

GR has regen instantly all non magic base attacks, and even defied physics.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@sirfizzwhizz: Writer of Thor never said there wasn't magic, he in fact said the opposite.

LOLOLOL

"Im sorry, did you not see in the first Thor movie where we specifically establish they are not gods, but super powerful aliens mistaken for god by the ancient Norse."

- Zack Stenz, Movie Fights

LOLOLOL

This Argument he made was response to the magical being of the Archangel Michael that Kevin Smith was arguing to fight magical being in MCU Thor in a Movie Fight Topic. Specifically stated that supernatural god would have to face supernatural god. To which Zack stated Thor is a super Alien not a God.

No Caption Provided

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: that doesn't mean he doesn't use magic.

Thor stated in movie Magic is science not understood. Zack stated he is a alien, and not any way a supernatural being like a god. Show me one qoute now that states Thor uses Magic. You cannot, magic never existed in MCU till Dr Strange.

Seriously now...

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Pierpat

@sirfizzwhizz said:
@pierpat said:

GR 8/10.

Problem is GR is immune to non supernatural attacks. The only attacks that ever work was the Devils sons supernatural powers, and Blackout's death touch.

GR has regen instantly all non magic base attacks, and even defied physics.

That still is a NLF, he has not displayed any resistances to make him capable of tanking a thunder capable of one-shotting multiple leviathans.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c63f773eaecf
deactivated-5c63f773eaecf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Giving this to GR after a good battle because Kurse had no issue with Thor and GR is a much higher tier being than he is.

Thor's hammer is not a technological marvel, nor is his lightning created through machinery. It is through Odinforce. Odinforce is magic essentially so the writer is whacked out. You cant show one thing in the films and say that didn't happen. It did. Scarlet Witch is not a God and she still uses magic, Dr. Strange is not a god and he is the sorcerer supreme. Asgardians can use magic and always did, despite not actually being Gods. So to use the writer's idiotic words here as a defense means you know as little about the lore as he did when he wrote it. Sorry, Odin and Thor are magical beings. Loki was shown using magic repeatedly in the movies. It has nothing to do with being of God status or not. That is the worst argument ever.

The justification for this is that magic is the sudden manifestation of something. The writer wanted it to be science based, so it then turns into reality warping and the ability to control atoms to do tasks at will. It doesn't matter what it is, because Thor still casts lightning from a hammer, whether that be from Odinforce MAGIC, or through some type of matter manipulation. Odin casting He so be worthy on to Mjolnir was either reality warping or magic via Odinforce in the comics. Loki shape shifting and cloning himself, casting illusions was either magic via Odinforce combined with learning MAGIC from his mother, or reality warping atoms to do his bidding. It doesn't matter either way. This is the stupidest argument ever and Zach the writer is even more dumb for saying it wasn't magic. As if reality warping is any more or less nonsensical.

TLDR: Zach is a moron and the movie itself contradicts his words about it.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@asgardianbrony: You really showed no proof of anything, bu did ramble there for a bit. Its tech base on science not understood. Nothing supernatural about it. I showed two main sources for this.

Deal with it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c63f773eaecf
deactivated-5c63f773eaecf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Which is more likely here. Loki can cast illusions in a prison cell without any equipment or even clothing for that matter based on Asgardian Magic/Odinforce he learned from Odin and his mom. Or, he had hidden a technology box or some type of machinery inside his ass while being arrested and thrown in prison during Thor 2?

All this is, is nothing more than the writer not knowing what the hell he is talking about and being afraid to showcase super heroes on screen in a fantasy manner. Saying is it magic is bad, but showing illusion casting, giant rock monsters, elves older than the universe, dimensional barriers and a robot that can shoot energy blasts out of it's face is just fine.