Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arcus1
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

In this battle, Magneto from the X-Men movies will take on Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver from the MCU, who will win?

Fight takes place in Sokovia. Starting distance is 50 feet.

Magneto has his helmet.

Scarlet Witch is not wearing her necklace. Neither twin is wearing anything metal.

All are fully determined to win. Victory by ko or death.

Round 1:

Magneto only has feats as his young self (up to Days of Future Past)

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver don't know about the helmet.

Round 2:

Magneto has all his feats (young and old self)

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver start the battle knowing about Magneto's helmet.

Who will win?

SirDrProfessor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SirDrProfessor

Scarlet Witch is decapitated instantly due to her metal neckless. Quicksilver could probably win due to the starting distance being so close unless Magneto immediately takes off and stays out of reach.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirdrprofessor: meant to remove the necklace

I'll edit the op when I'm not on my phone. Assume no necklace

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

Quicksilver solos

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto in curbstomp takes out all iron in blood.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto in curbstomp takes out all iron in blood.

He only did that when the guy had extra iron in his blood that had been injected by Mystique

Quicksilver solos

Why do you think he solos?

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team both rounds with QS MVP in this case..

Avatar image for deactivated-57c7d84814d87
deactivated-57c7d84814d87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The team. Scarlet witch is able to mentally move and levitate and manipulate objects through force of the mind and she can also affect and control particles and molecules as well as physical forces such as kinetic energy and friction and pressure as well as state of matter and even gravity. She was able to use her telekinesis to create a shield of limited protection from enemy fire and stop an off-rail train. She was also able to use this power to move herself through the air and simulate flight and showed slight speed when she quickly went behind and closed doors. Her few mental feats included being able to get a number of civilians in sokovia to get up and leave the city.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It all depends if magneto gets airborn or not

If its not morals off. Magneto wont die from a hit. And qs will try to toy with mags. Mags can then kill them with pieces of metal why they arent paying attention.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_man said:

Team both rounds with QS MVP in this case..

Any reasons?

It all depends if magneto gets airborn or not

If its not morals off. Magneto wont die from a hit. And qs will try to toy with mags. Mags can then kill them with pieces of metal why they arent paying attention.

So you think Magneto?

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: yeah if qs acts like he did in the beginning of AoU then mags will kill him.

Dre_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mags if he goes to the skies first. It'll be a long battle, but he's more tactical than the siblings.

Otherwise, QS solos. Mags may be smart. May even be so,ewhat durable. But QS too fast. He'd wi eventually, maybe by fatally stabbing Magneto.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mags if he goes to the skies first. It'll be a long battle, but he's more tactical than the siblings.

Otherwise, QS solos. Mags may be smart. May even be so,ewhat durable. But QS too fast. He'd wi eventually, maybe by fatally stabbing Magneto.

Magneto was fast enough to react to bullets and the like, he's pretty fast

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is tough. Erik could go for Wanda's necklace (like he did Moira in First Class on the beach) and possibly take her right out of the gate. Quicksilver is the biggest problem

Dre_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus:

I don't remember Avengers QS feats. I was about to give DoFP QS feats. That one was moving faster than bullets. But Mags stopping bullets doesn't mean he can stop MCU QS (unless he's wearing metal).

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is tough. Erik could go for Wanda's necklace (like he did Moira in First Class on the beach) and possibly take her right out of the gate. Quicksilver is the biggest problem

I meant to remove her necklace (still need to edit the op on that)

Avatar image for hocko1999_virus
Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto would leviate himself to cancel out Quicksilver's powers, and if he has his helmet then Scarlett Witch's powers are basically already cancelled out. Scarlett Witch is wearing a metal necklace so her head gets removed. Magneto has demonstrated the reflexes to stop a bullet fired at near point-blank so he might have the reflexes to engage Quicksilver. If not then stalemate until Quicksilver tires and Magneto throws a car at his head.

And that's assuming that Magneto doesn't simply rip the iron out of their blood.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By nerdchore

@dre_savage: true it just eans he has fast reflexes. QS in the beginning of the movie and throughout wasnt a killer. unless he is morals off he wont kill mags his first hit or so. and that will be his undoing.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto would leviate himself to cancel out Quicksilver's powers, and if he has his helmet then Scarlett Witch's powers are basically already cancelled out. Scarlett Witch is wearing a metal necklace so her head gets removed. Magneto has demonstrated the reflexes to stop a bullet fired at near point-blank so he might have the reflexes to engage Quicksilver. If not then stalemate until Quicksilver tires and Magneto throws a car at his head.

And that's assuming that Magneto doesn't simply rip the iron out of their blood.

Scarlet Witch doesn't have her necklace for this fight (meant to edit the op as mentioned earlier, finally did it)

Helmet doesn't cancel out Wanda's tk

He can't rip the iron out of their blood-he only did that when Mystique had injected extra iron into the guy

SirDrProfessor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Magneto can get off the ground before Quicksilver kills him then Magneto wins. He can kill Scarlett witch with her own earrings or really any piece of scrap metal on the ground, and if Mags is out of reach he will eventually kill quicksilver by sending tons of shrapnel everywhere.

Overmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movie Mags loses to this team. His reflexes aren't stellar and Witch's powers were able to split vibranium like cotton. Team has too much raw firepower. 1v1 would be a good fight.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Magneto can get off the ground before Quicksilver kills him then Magneto wins. He can kill Scarlett witch with her own earrings or really any piece of scrap metal on the ground, and if Mags is out of reach he will eventually kill quicksilver by sending tons of shrapnel everywhere.

Does she wear earrings? I didn't see any in the picture.

Assume she's not wearing any metal

SirDrProfessor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:
@sirdrprofessor said:

No Caption Provided

She is wearing earrings. But okay, let's assume that she isn't wearing any metal. Magneto can still gather a ton of scrap metal from around sokovia and kill her, she won't be able to block metal flying at her from different directions.

Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Why wouldn't the helmet do so? It cancelled out Xavier's telepathy just fine, and his is FAR more impressive than Wanda's.

Anyway, Magneto leviates himself in the air and bombards the twins with tonnes of scrap metal.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:
@sirdrprofessor said:

No Caption Provided

She is wearing earrings.

Fair enough

But okay, let's assume that she isn't wearing any metal. Magneto can still gather a ton of scrap metal from around sokovia and kill her, she won't be able to block metal flying at her from different directions.

Well...

No Caption Provided

But I get your point

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Why wouldn't the helmet do so? It cancelled out Xavier's telepathy just fine, and his is FAR more impressive than Wanda's.

Anyway, Magneto leviates himself in the air and bombards the twins with tonnes of scrap metal.

I said it won't negate her telekinesis

Movie Mags loses to this team. His reflexes aren't stellar and Witch's powers were able to split vibranium like cotton. Team has too much raw firepower. 1v1 would be a good fight.

He was able to stop bullets, for what that's worth. Albeit he was usually at least somewhat ready for them.

Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Hocko1999_VIRUS

@arcus said:

Whoops, read it wrong. My bad.

Anyway, she appeared not to have as fine control over her telekinesis as Magneto had over his, erm... metal telekinesis? (sure wasn't plain magnetism). She was lifting objects or releasing rather powerful short-ranged blasts IIRC, but she wasn't bending the objects or tearing them apart, like how Magneto tore the railway tracks into dozens of fibres and controlled them all simultaneously. Wasn't the most objects Wanda simultaneously controlled four wooden cubes at the end of Captain America 2 or something? If Magneto floats out of reach she could try to pull him back down or send a blast his way, but other than that once he levitates there ain't a whole lot either can do.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

Whoops, read it wrong. My bad.

Anyway, she appeared not to have as fine control over her telekinesis as Magneto had over his, erm... metal telekinesis? (sure wasn't plain magnetism). She was lifting objects or releasing rather powerful short-ranged blasts IIRC, but she wasn't bending the objects or tearing them apart, like how Magneto tore the railway tracks into dozens of fibres and controlled them all simultaneously. Wasn't the most objects Wanda simultaneously controlled four wooden cubes at the end of Captain America 2 or something? If Magneto floats out of reach she could try to pull him back down or send a blast his way, but other than that once he levitates there ain't a whole lot either can do.

Haha you're good

She stopped the train, so there's that. Regularly ripped apart Ultron bots, ripped Ultron's heart out. There's other stuff too

Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

Haha you're good

She stopped the train, so there's that. Regularly ripped apart Ultron bots, ripped Ultron's heart out. There's other stuff too

I was actually rather annoyed when I watched AoU because I thought she should have tried just holding the train in place rather than keeping the wheels still. Perhaps she was unable to, or perhaps she could but just didn't think about it. Just an aside.

One thing going for her is that her TK is pretty strong. Her blasts were tearing Ultron sentires apart willy-nilly and her pure TK tore Ultron's heart through his vibranium outer-surface.

However I think her powers lack the scale and control to compete with Magneto's, despite him technically having an inferior ability. And there's tons and tons of metal lying around the wrecked Sokovia that he could use. I think the best bet is if Pietro speeeblitzes him before he can levitate. But if he manages to get away and float high enough, there isn't much the twins can do. Perhaps when Captain America: Civil War she will get some great feats that will put her well above Magneto.

BTW One thing she could do is to either take off the helmet with TK and mindf@€k him, or get Pietro to blitz it off and do the same. Honestly with a starting distance of 50 feet it is a VERY sound plan.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

Haha you're good

I was actually rather annoyed when I watched AoU because I thought she should have tried just holding the train in place rather than keeping the wheels still. Perhaps she was unable to, or perhaps she could but just didn't think about it. Just an aside.

One thing going for her is that her TK is pretty strong. Her blasts were tearing Ultron sentires apart willy-nilly and her pure TK tore Ultron's heart through his vibranium outer-surface.

However I think her powers lack the scale and control to compete with Magneto's, despite him technically having an inferior ability. And there's tons and tons of metal lying around the wrecked Sokovia that he could use. I think the best bet is if Pietro speeeblitzes him before he can levitate. But if he manages to get away and float high enough, there isn't much the twins can do. Perhaps when Captain America: Civil War she will get some great feats that will put her well above Magneto.

BTW One thing she could do is to either take off the helmet with TK and mindf@€k him, or get Pietro to blitz it off and do the same. Honestly with a starting distance of 50 feet it is a VERY sound plan.

Wouldn't it basically be the same thing? Going for the wheels seems like it'd be more effective

Hence why I included the second round where they have knowledge. Course the helmet is metal

Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: I mean like if she held the entire train in place and maybe leviated it off the ground so that the momentum was lost quicker.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Arcus1

@arcus: I mean like if she held the entire train in place and maybe leviated it off the ground so that the momentum was lost quicker.

That seems like it'd require a lot more strength, I think it's safe to assume she's not that powerful

Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Hocko1999_VIRUS

@arcus: Fair enough. Hopefully she gets some more impressive feats in Cap 3

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Fair enough. Hopefully she gets some more impressive feats in Cap 3

I'd enjoy that

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump in honor of the new trailer

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R2: Magneto

Avatar image for joey_destroyer_of_worlds
Joey_Destroyer_of_Worlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto wins. SW won't do much, and most of her attacks will get blocked, but QS can actually stand a chance. If he was bloodlusted, I'd Probly back up the team here.

But he isn't, and a Quicksilver with morals on isn't nearly as threatening. Magneto would take to the air- making QS useless.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Magneto loses to Quicksilver if grounded. Even if Magneto was above ground Quicksilver could outrun most of what Magneto can thrown at him. Magneto can win against Scarlet Witch alone, even while grounded. But not when he is betting blitzed by Quicksilver. With some prep he could have a greater fighting chance.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quicksilver could solo, Erik won't blitzed but it'll be hard to keep up, and if QS tags him it's over. So Team wins.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73
deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see what Erik could do with Quicksilver really, he should solo.

KalelOfSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

VashtaNerada88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By VashtaNerada88

Quicksilver isn't so fast that Mags wouldn't be able to register his movements.

This QS seemed extremely winded after going fast for a short time. Ex: immediately after the runaway train scene QS said he need time to catch his breath. That scene couldn't have been more than 30 seconds or so, so thats the kind of endurance he has before he runs out of breath and needs to rest.

Plus, IIRC (in X:1 or 2) Mags halted multiple bullets while they were in mid air.

the difference in rounds aren't that big a difference tbh. Young Mags has lifted a baseball stadium as well as turning massive satellite dishes.

And let's be fair, Eric is smarter than either of these two in every sense of the word. And the siblings aren't fighters...AT ALL. QS nearly got KO'd by a single shield smack from Cap (young mags tangoed with beast and beat him). And Wanda is an emotional wreck with very little tactical prowess.

Mags takes both rounds if he doesn't hold back, if SW is attacked or hurt mortally QS will likely abandon what he was doing to come to her aide as he always has. I mean, HE wanted to abort their mission after hawkeye shocked her. His main concern, even when fighting the avengers, has always been Wanda's safety.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Quicksilver takes it seriously, team.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@vashtanerada88: Eh that's true. QS could run out of steam dodging all the sh*t Mags could throw at him. Especially if Mags isn't grounded.

VashtaNerada88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By VashtaNerada88

@farkam:

yeah, I just don't see how QS is soloing. Not only is he a major jobber and an inexperienced fighter but he gets very tired from anything more than a short bursts of speed. And he has no idea what Mags is capable of, where as Magneto has been around other speedsters before. (callisto)

And not only has Mags (young and old) stopped bullets midair. He has also feats like in X3: last stand (during the fight on alcatraz island) when the soldiers targeted jean/mags/pyro and the other top baddies. The soldiers' guns had already been fired and Mags still pulled up vehicle size slabs of metal between the time the plastic rounds were fired to when they were blocked by magnetos metal shields. So Magneto can move objects that size roughly at bullet speeds; perhaps a little bit slower considering the distance each thing (bullets/metal shields) needed to travel from their respective starting points.

And on the point of Quicksilvers striking strength....it sucks. QS blasted hawkeye while speeding and still couldn't knock him out; TWICE!!. Actually, IIRC the second time, Hawkeye was still talking smack as QS was running away. I recall Black widow doing nearly the same thing in the first Avengers movie.....except she was capable of knocking out hawkeye.

unless the team is bloodlusted i don't see them going hard enough at the start to put Mag's out. And the longer this fight goes on the more likely it is that Magneto wins.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a694c5def8ac
deactivated-5a694c5def8ac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers