Most Powerful Non Cosmic Character in Comic Books

RanaProGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Name a character from any comic book who you think is the most powerful of all time. Remember, no Cosmic Beings or Entities and no composite characters. Only use one version of the character and choose them based on their comic feats, not cinematic feats.

CaptainGanon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spawn or Doctor Strange.

Turr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah that's definitely a spot for magic users. Magic is an endless PIS machine for comics, it can do anything including time/reality bending and creating/destroying matter on multiversal scale...

...and you can still do all that while being just human. Dr. Fate and Dr. Strange are probably best examples from DC and Marvel each.

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fate and Strange probably.

Educated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Educated

@necromancer76: @turr: @captainganon: Assuming this is not accounting for prep (In which Thanos or Doom would prob win anyhow) I think it depends where you draw the Cosmic line, would we consider people like Adam Warlock, DeathSeed Sentry, Trion Juggernaut, Annihilus, Quasar, Onslaught, High Evolutionary, Marquis of Death or Genis-vell Cosmics? What about the Eternals like Kronos or Thanos or even things like Ego the living Planet or The Destroyer Armor or the Elders..

Can't see Strange or Fate getting past many, if any of these guys without some form of prep

CaptainGanon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doctor Strange in the old days was a beast, even without magic. He would win every non-cosmic DC/Marvel character, in my opinion. Titans, Elder Gods, New Gods, Old Gods, Beyonders, the Spectre, The Living Tribunal, the Chaos Gods, Monitors, Celestials, Eru Illuvatar and the Ainur, Dormamu, Jean Grey hosting the Phoenix/The Phoenix itself, The Lantern Corps Entities, demons, etc. are all cosmic, or partially-cosmic characters.

I can only think of these two being at the top: Doctor Strange and Spawn.

Doom would still loose, prep or not.

Other characters I can think of are: Larfleeze, John Constantine, Doctor Fate, Hulk (by getting angrier and angrier), Magneto, Darth Sidious (EU), Darth Nihilus (EU), Darth Vitiate (EU), Luke Skywalker (EU), the Living Planet, the God Emperor of Mankind.

I believe ''cosmic'' qualifies as a being that is ''cosmic'', at least in one aspect (cosmic awareness, for example), or from a race that is by default universal/multiversal+, or from a lesser race that has achieved ''godhood'' in some ways.

Educated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CaptainGanon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CaptainGanon
Educated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Educated

@captainganon: he was a insanely powerful mage who wanted to increase his power but with there only being a certain amount of magical energies in the universe at one given time he resorted to time travel to gather more and more, he has feats such as putting Shuma to sleep and without much effort at that and eventually goes back to the big bang where he absorbs all magic period gaining god like status, instead of re-creating everything in his image he realizes that everything is the epitome of perfect and is enlighten so he leaves everything the way it is.. Doctor Strange and Mordo together were unable to resist him at all

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doctor Strange, Doctor Fate, or Spawn.

CaptainGanon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CaptainGanon

@educated said:

@captainganon: he was a insanely powerful mage who wanted to increase his power but with there only being a certain amount of magical energies in the universe at one given time he resorted to time travel to gather more and more, he has feats such as putting Shuma to sleep and without much effort at that and eventually goes back to the big bang where he absorbs all magic period gaining god like status, instead of re-creating everything in his image he realizes that everything is the epitome of perfect and is enlighten so he leaves everything the way it is.. Doctor Strange and Mordo together were unable to resist him at all

Right! I saw the summary on Wikipedia, but...you know, it's Wikipedia! Did he actually beat Classic Doctor Strange?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Dr Strange

Dr Date (Kent Nelson)

Spawn

XxdeathmakerxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GR

Strange

Fate

Starbrand

Sis Neg

snikt_bamf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

Educated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Educated

@captainganon: I don't believe so but even being in his presence compromised stranges shields and I doubt Strange could replicate putting Shuma to sleep casually without outside help and it was inferred that Sise Neg was much stronger than Shuma but did not want to waste more magical energies than needed to get the job done so potentially he could of banished or killed him with him still awake.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Batkick

CaptainGanon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@educated: As your name suggests, you are educated and civilized. This Sise Neg seems more and more impressive, I looked some of his feats up. Again, it all depends on what you take as ''cosmic''. Sise-Neg understanding that the universe is perfect just the way it is, is a cosmic feat to me (obtaining cosmic knowledge). Then again, even some cosmics make mistakes, so the line becomes unclear again...

Patera_All

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Franklin Richards. I see him as the end-all of the Celestial evolutionary programs. He is a human whose power surpasses that of his creators, and thus many cosmic entities.

Educated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainganon: Agreed in my subjective opinion I would say he went cosmic after seeing the "Big Bang" or start of creation just as many people believe Franklin Richards eventually attained cosmic status even though he started out as a mere mutant but at the point of Sise putting Shuma down he was still a non-Cosmic IMO.. but the line is very wish-washy

CaptainGanon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@educated: Are you familiar with Warhammer 40K and the God Emperor of Mankind, and if yes, where do you place him (cosmic or non-cosmic?)?