#1 Posted by KalKent (1764 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Superman is only allowed feats in MOS up to the Smallville fight(No fight with zod, world engine feats,etc.)
  • In the Faora vs Spider-Man thread, many said that he would beat her and can do better against this version of Superman than she did.
  • Morals off.
  • Who wins?
Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
#2 Posted by deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99 (11593 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter via 616

Avatar image for stalin-is-steel
#3 Posted by Stalin-Is-Steel (3586 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey wins considering Clark at that point wasn't using his speed nearly as well as he would at later points. Pete's Spider Sense can keep up with him for a while, and his punches will hurt after a good few.

Also keep in mind that Pete's had buildings literally dumped on him and has been back handed out of high rise buildings and survived the impact fairly well, showing little signs of injury. If Clark is too durable, then Pete can just shoot webs down the mouth and kill him that way.

#4 Posted by KalKent (1764 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey wins considering Clark at that point wasn't using his speed nearly as well as he would at later points. Pete's Spider Sense can keep up with him for a while, and his punches will hurt after a good few.

Also keep in mind that Pete's had buildings literally dumped on him and has been back handed out of high rise buildings and survived the impact fairly well, showing little signs of injury. If Clark is too durable, then Pete can just shoot webs down the mouth and kill him that way.

Does dceu superman have to breath though?

#5 Posted by KalKent (1764 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Stalin-Is-Steel (3586 posts) - - Show Bio

@kalkent: I've seen nothing suggesting he doesn't need to.

#7 Posted by JSDoctor (1645 posts) - - Show Bio

@kalkent: I've seen nothing suggesting he doesn't need to.

He can survive in space, where there's no air.

#8 Posted by Lan_Fan (14795 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman wins.

#9 Edited by Worldofthunder (5123 posts) - - Show Bio

616 street levelers > The Holy Trinity. Spiderman wins by default without even trying.

You know better than to put up the weak ass Man of Steel against one of the forces reality that is 616 Spiderman.

#10 Edited by Stalin-Is-Steel (3586 posts) - - Show Bio

@jsdoctor: While that is true, keep in mind this is MOS Superman BEFORE the Zod fight or him tackling Doomsday in space. For that reason he lacks anything suggesting he doesn't need to breath, that and the fact that most scenes you can clearly see him breathing and taking in air, which means he must be doing it for a reason.

It's sad seeing the lack of reasoning in these posts. If Superman could win so easily, then why can't anyone make a single reason why he wins, other than sarcasm?

#11 Posted by Lan_Fan (14795 posts) - - Show Bio

@stalin-is-steel: His biological nature doesn't change from time to time as far as I know.

#12 Posted by Stalin-Is-Steel (3586 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: I know that, but the OP's rules make so that Clark's reliance on oxygen is ambiguous. Perhaps if his fight with Zod and Doomsday were included, then maybe I could buy that he doesn't need air.

#13 Posted by Lan_Fan (14795 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for supremegeneration
#14 Posted by SupremeGeneration (11922 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd back Spidey against BvS Supes, let alone mid-MoS.

#16 Edited by LoveEveryone (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like BVS Superman would win but not this version. If pushed to the extent Spider could go full berserk like he did against Firelord and rain on him with continuous blows and moving into another position after every hit.

#17 Edited by Stalin-Is-Steel (3586 posts) - - Show Bio

@loveeveryone said:

I feel like BVS Superman would win but not this version. If pushed to the extent Spider could go full berserk like he did against Firelord and rain on him with continuous blows and moving into another position after every hit.

That Firelord feat is known as one of the worst PIS feats around, actually. I understand your intent with using it here but it's honestly not worth using because anyone who knows their stuff takes that feat not seriously lol

#18 Posted by Jirou (531 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#19 Posted by Noone1996 (11857 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman wins. Spider-Man's offensive output is extremely lacking. I think it'd be a decent fight though because of Peter's speed and spider sense.

#20 Posted by KalKent (1764 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by KingTchalla03 (678 posts) - - Show Bio

@stalin-is-steel: he went into space the first time flies which is before the smallville fight.

#22 Posted by Stalin-Is-Steel (3586 posts) - - Show Bio

@stalin-is-steel: he went into space the first time flies which is before the smallville fight.

You mind showing the clip, perhaps?

#23 Posted by Lan_Fan (14795 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingtchalla03 said:

You mind showing the clip, perhaps?

He probably talked about this.

Loading Video...

#24 Edited by Stalin-Is-Steel (3586 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: Meh, that's debateable. He was only up there for a few seconds which anyone could do holding their breath lol

Just because his body can take the rough environment of space, it doesn't mean he can go without any oxygen

#25 Posted by JSDoctor (1645 posts) - - Show Bio

@jsdoctor: While that is true, keep in mind this is MOS Superman BEFORE the Zod fight or him tackling Doomsday in space. For that reason he lacks anything suggesting he doesn't need to breath, that and the fact that most scenes you can clearly see him breathing and taking in air, which means he must be doing it for a reason.

It's sad seeing the lack of reasoning in these posts. If Superman could win so easily, then why can't anyone make a single reason why he wins, other than sarcasm?

Fair enough on the breathing point. With regard to your second paragraph, I'm not giving a verdict either way so that doesn't really concern me.

#26 Posted by Crunch5481 (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman.

#27 Posted by jashugan (6630 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman backs out and claps him

#28 Posted by jashugan (6630 posts) - - Show Bio

@stalin-is-steel: superman does not need air to breathe.

#29 Edited by Stalin-Is-Steel (3586 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashugan: What's the proof making that true, exactly?

This is Superman before JL, BVS, and the later part of MOS so anything from those doesn't count.

#30 Posted by TonyMartial (9723 posts) - - Show Bio

Now this is just pathetic

#31 Posted by DrPepperMan (6288 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this a joke?

Spidey broke his hands on Hulk's skin, hulk has been hurt by snakes and missiles. He can't even hope to hurt Superman, who has tanked missiles like nothing.

/s

#32 Posted by KingTchalla03 (678 posts) - - Show Bio

@stalin-is-steel: you were just showed proof lmao. Just because you dismiss it as evidence doesn’t mean it doesn’t count. Lmao you can’t just see the evidence of a feat and say “no, that’s not good enough” when it’s exactly what you’re asking for proof of. Geez.

#33 Posted by Chad_Duby (5681 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#34 Posted by jashugan (6630 posts) - - Show Bio

What's the proof making that true, exactly?

This is Superman before JL, BVS, and the later part of MOS so anything from those doesn't count.

A video was already provided

Loading Video...

#35 Posted by Lan_Fan (14795 posts) - - Show Bio

@chad_duby: Dude, you don't think Thanos was actually harmed by that, right? Even if he was, then it would be a massive outlier for Peter.

#36 Edited by Chad_Duby (5681 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: I don’t think he is harmed, but making him choke or knocking him back is quite impressive.

#37 Posted by Lan_Fan (14795 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by TheGrat1 (503 posts) - - Show Bio

@stalin-is-steel:

Loading Video...

Before the Smallville battle. Seems to have no qualms about floating into space. Did you watch the film?

#39 Edited by Emperorb777 (11284 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman lvling that mountain top after falling, tells me Spider-man cant even hurt Superman.

#40 Posted by Gazool (1239 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman.

Spiderman cannot put him down.

#41 Posted by Lan_Fan (14795 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGrat1: To be fair, even I forgot that that happened in space lol

#42 Edited by omriamar (7068 posts) - - Show Bio

616 wank

#43 Posted by TonyMartial (9723 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGrat1: Herp derp he was holding his breath man

#44 Posted by KalKent (1764 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for supremegeneration
#45 Edited by SupremeGeneration (11922 posts) - - Show Bio

@kalkent said:
@supremegeneration said:

I'd back Spidey against BvS Supes, let alone mid-MoS.

Could've sworn I responded to you the first time months ago with /s (sarcasm).

#46 Posted by YOA_501 (685 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman cuz dah....

#47 Posted by DrPepperMan (6288 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman at this point had hit people hard enough to knock them into and derail 100+ ton trains from hundreds of feet away and tanked a high speed fall that destroyed a lot of rock. Not sure about Spidey's feats though.

#48 Posted by AlphaQ (6348 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean, one of the first feats Superman did was take a collision that busted a mountaintop with no damage, Spider-Man isn't doing anything to someone with that kind of durability.