• 117 results
#101 Posted by EcstaticGrace (6652 posts) - - Show Bio

@acrokat said:

Namor, the same guy that was nearly killed by Black Panther. This should be tough...

Wasn't Cav-El almost killed by Batman in BvS...

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
#102 Posted by Sophisticated_Ignorance (1635 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996 said:

If only Thor was capable of making Thanos bleed... Oh, right I forgot he always holds back. Even against characters way above him.

Hold back force.

If Thor cut loose he could do something like this

No Caption Provided

Thor only holds back against people below him, he once almost accidentally killed Hulk because he hit him too hard in Blood & Thunder, but he's never held back against Thanos because unlike Hulk Thanos can tank full powered shots from Thor.

#103 Edited by AcroKat (7200 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecstaticgrace: Yup, after being repeatedly nailed with kryptonite. At least he returned the favor.

#104 Posted by God_Spawn (41663 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor to me one of those stronger characters that seems to get knocked around by characters a lot weaker but I don't think that means they are even close to being able to beat him. Case and point, he's been knocked around by Spider-Man and Luke Cage on separate occasions. That doesn't mean they even remotely were able to do much damage. Namor is a character that while he may not be like a Thor tier character, he still has consistently given them pause or been able to hurt and tank damage from characters of said degree. He's managed to shake entire islands with his blows and dodge super sonic attacks. He's also managed to punch Silver Surfer off his board, take characters like Surfer, Hulk, Hercules, and Thor to the water before with his strength. He's tagged Speed Demon and dodged around sonic attacks before. He's tanked heat based attacks from Human Torches, and when dehydrated enough went on a berserk rampage and was tanking attacks from Cyclops and Blastaar while fighting those two along with Hope and Captain America.

Namor may not be the most popular character and he can be a dick, but the dude has his place in Marvel's tiers. I think he's long due for an upgrade for the first superhero to fly but he's more than capable of getting some of his own licks in and pulling off some pretty impressive feats.

#105 Posted by BruceRogers (12732 posts) - - Show Bio

@acrokat: T'challa used some kind of energy gauntlet thing to do that.

#106 Posted by AcroKat (7200 posts) - - Show Bio
#107 Posted by God_Spawn (41663 posts) - - Show Bio

@acrokat: But how is it fair to use T’Challa “beating” Namor as fair proof to say Superman will beat him? I’ve seen Namor tank attacks from the Human Torches and Blastaar and still fight fine. Namor wasn’t looking to kill T’Challa while BP was and he made gear to be able to harm Namor such as the energy claws and grenades. On top of that, T’Challa couldnhave been dead at one point when Namor socked him. You can’t compare the two attacks of Supes’ heat vision with T’Challa’s gear because shrugged off pure heat attacks and still fought pretty much fine, we never had any specifics on BP’s gear though.

#108 Posted by JanJuKBMa (361 posts) - - Show Bio
#109 Posted by JanJuKBMa (361 posts) - - Show Bio

@acrokat said:

@janjukbma: Yeah. I haven't seen many combat speed feats from Sentry actually.

No Caption Provided

Is this considered keeping up anyway?

Sorry for making you wait. Sentry has some pretty good speed feats (moving speed and reaction time). Enough so that someone keeping up with him is at least not completely outclassed by DCEU Superman. And yes, this can be considered keeping up, because they fough over an extended period of time and at the end Namor was still standing.

Completely unprepared he catches a bullet from a "high powered skrull sniper rifle":

http://i.imgur.com/hPffFDD.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/Vg6mBmL.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/aROiIkb.jpg

Saves several falling people from a collapsing building in a matter of moments, and then casually rebuilds the tower:

http://i.imgur.com/gAco8we.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/WNglVrq.jpg

#110 Edited by AcroKat (7200 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: I think Black Panther beating him is enough to show someone like Superman who is below him on strength can still win if he fights smart, abusing heat vision and speed. I know Namor is able to tank heat based attacks and is exceptionally tough so it would take a lot to bring him down. On the other hand, I don't think Namor can land a good enough hit on Superman if he uses his speed, And seeing as how Luke Cage was able to keep up with him while underwater, I don't think he can just oneshot Superman.

Not saying that Superman wins all the time though, only if he fights smart then he can win.

#111 Edited by EcstaticGrace (6652 posts) - - Show Bio

@acrokat said:

@ecstaticgrace: Yup, after being repeatedly nailed with kryptonite. At least he returned the favor.

Whereas Namor was in a desert area being hit by dehydration bombs.

#112 Posted by Revan- (6937 posts) - - Show Bio

The arguments for Superman are just plain ridiculous now.

Namor pushes his face in with no effort whatsoever.

#113 Posted by AcroKat (7200 posts) - - Show Bio

@janjukbma: I don't know. All we see later is Namor throwing a bus and then after that Sentry leaving, yes Namor is still standing but we don't see Namor actually keeping up, like dodging or blocking hits. Then again you showed him land a hit on Sentry when he was younger. He probably won't be completely outclassed but he'd have a hard time hitting him if he's actively trying to avoid him and is fighting him at the speed he used with Flash in the movie.

#114 Posted by AcroKat (7200 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecstaticgrace: Namor was getting outpaced before the bombs. And Superman has heat vision and the means to move the fight to a desert or space. Not by carrying him of course, he's not strong enough for that but if he hits him like he did with Nam-Ek a few times and uses his speed to keep knocking him away and staying out of reach, he could do it. He probably wouldn't do it unless he starts seeing collateral damage though.

#115 Posted by EcstaticGrace (6652 posts) - - Show Bio

@acrokat said:

@ecstaticgrace: Namor was getting outpaced before the bombs. And Superman has heat vision and the means to move the fight to a desert or space. Not by carrying him of course, he's not strong enough for that but if he hits him like he did with Nam-Ek a few times and uses his speed to keep knocking him away and staying out of reach, he could do it. He probably wouldn't do it unless he starts seeing collateral damage though.

Namor has taken Johnny's Supernova which is way above Cav-El's heat vision.

Namor's durability is way beyond Nam-Ek's there's no guarantee Clark can punch Namor in the same way with any remotely similar damage.

T'Challa also got the first few hits with his gear which allowed him to harm Namor. Hell his gear in Time Runs Out was made to harm Namor.

#116 Posted by AcroKat (7200 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecstaticgrace: Superman can fire his heat vision more than once. It can gradually weaken him over time.

I was talking about Superman letting Namor get into the air knocking him back. They don't have to hurt him too much, just send him flying away until they get to space or a desert.

Not talking about him harming Namor, I know he used his gear. Namor could barely tag him.

#117 Edited by Noone1996 (7129 posts) - - Show Bio

@_kingoflatveria: Yeah he's around universal level when he's not holding back. Experts agree.