MOS Superman Vs 616 Namor

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By WastelandMan

@acrokat said:

@noone1996: I see. I had always thought Namor was much weaker than that.

I still think Superman can win here, I don't see Namor handling someone much faster and with the strength to carry buildings with no effort.

I hope you realize that's literally nothing compared to the strength feats of characters Namor has fought. He's fought and taken hits from Thor, Sentry, Hulk (many times), and Iron Man all of whom have vastly better strength feats and some even have planetary level strength. Lifting a building is nothing to these guys.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@apex_pretador:

Considering the Avengers have struggled to tag him (including Iron Man, Thor, and Vision) I'd say it's impressive.

Struggled to tag namor? I'd like to see scans.

Also, pointing out that tagging someone is not important is just flat out wrong.

I didn't say that. I just said that fast characters get tagged by slower characters all the time in comics, and the first scan was basically the speedster being stupid, running circles around Namor.

We need quantifiable feats to suggest speed. Has Namor ever done anything like catching a bullet or something? Even Thor "slowdinson" has caught tank shells, and Hulk has caught tank cannons.

All Namor needs to do is to hit Superman with a serious hit once and it's over.

I doubt he can one-shot Superman. This guy has taken a lot of punishment against Zod and kept coming. He has a big HF in sunlight.

If all he did was lift up his leg then how would Blur be unable to dodge that?

He wasn't seeing it. He was too focused on punching namor.

Also, Superman's speed is nowhere near Blur's anyway and his striking power would tickle the Sub-Mariner.

It won't take him out, but is going to do more than tickle him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73
deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman: Yeah I know that's nothing when it comes to pure strength, but Superman isn't just strength. Take into account the speeds he can fight and that type of strength becomes a huge problem. In the previous page a generic speedster was able to knock Namor down, Superman would do much more. As long as he doesn't let Namor tag him that is.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By WastelandMan

@acrokat said:

@wastelandman: Yeah I know that's nothing when it comes to pure strength, but Superman isn't just strength. Take into account the speeds he can fight and that type of strength becomes a huge problem. In the previous page a generic speedster was able to knock Namor down, Superman would do much more. As long as he doesn't let Namor tag him that is.

That "generic" speedster was on par with Quicksilver and had a super speed battle with him across the entire planet during that SAME series:

That speedster would treat DCEU Superman like a statue. Again, if Namor can take hits from someone like COMIC Hulk then I don't see DCEU Supes' punches doing more than making Namor mildly uncomfortable regardless of speed. Speaking of which, even comic Iron Man has comparable combat speed than DCEU Supes since he can fight in the span of time between milliseconds and Namor has kept up with him just fine. If Namor can tag people significantly above Supes in speed then I see no reason why Namor can't tag Supes.

Lord_Titan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Namor knocks him out, horrible mismatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman: Didn't Superman fly across the world in about a minute as well? He also flew to orbit in seconds, he wouldn't be statue to Blur. Blur doesn't have strength like Superman either, and he floored Namor. And yes Namor is exceptionally tough, so Superman could wear him down with heat vision as well. Given Namor's resistance, the heat vision won't do too much but I'm sure it'll help.

That's not so much faster than Superman though. DCEU Wonder Woman can react in that timeframe and Superman can blitz her pretty easily. He also keeps up with Flash who makes her look like an actual statue. I do think Namor can tag him, just not very often, especially not if Superman is trying not to let him.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@apex_pretador:

Struggled to tag namor? I'd like to see scans.

No, I meant they struggled to tag Whizzer.

I didn't say that. I just said that fast characters get tagged by slower characters all the time in comics, and the first scan was basically the speedster being stupid, running circles around Namor.

We need quantifiable feats to suggest speed. Has Namor ever done anything like catching a bullet or something? Even Thor "slowdinson" has caught tank shells, and Hulk has caught tank cannons.

Yeah, he's caught air to air missiles, torpedoes, dodged point blank bullets, moved at the speed of thought, dodged and caught Ares' axe as it was thrown at him from behind, etc. But yeah, tagging characters that are really fast is quantifiable. It'd be your job to argue if it isn't enough. For example, is Superman faster than Blur who kept up with Quicksilver as they ran from continent to continent in seconds? Post 54 posted scans of it.

I doubt he can one-shot Superman. This guy has taken a lot of punishment against Zod and kept coming. He has a big HF in sunlight.

These guys literally have no impressive striking power feats. Namor has accidentally busted and collapsed a mountain onto himself before. He consistently hurts characters WAY more durable than MoS Superman.

He wasn't seeing it. He was too focused on punching namor.

That is not a good excuse...

It won't take him out, but is going to do more than tickle him.

Nah, it's going to tickle him.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By WastelandMan

@acrokat said:

@wastelandman: Didn't Superman fly across the world in about a minute as well? He also flew to orbit in seconds, he wouldn't be statue to Blur. Blur doesn't have strength like Superman either, and he floored Namor. And yes Namor is exceptionally tough, so Superman could wear him down with heat vision as well. Given Namor's resistance, the heat vision won't do too much but I'm sure it'll help.

For one that's travel speed, Blur and QS were actually having an entire fight across the globe. What's more is QS >>>>>> DCEU Supes in speed. Again, people like comic Hulk, Thor, and Sentry are so far above DCEU Supes it's not even funny.

That's not so much faster than Superman though. DCEU Wonder Woman can react in that timeframe and Superman can blitz her pretty easily. He also keeps up with Flash who makes her look like an actual statue. I do think Namor can tag him, just not very often, especially not if Superman is trying not to let him.

DCEU Wonder Woman never done anything like this:

No Caption Provided

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_kingoflatveria: If that's his consistent power levels then he stomps, but I remember a showing where Captain America one-shot Namor with a shield throw so it would help if you added some more feats that shows Namor's consistency.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_kingoflatveria: If that's his consistent power levels then he stomps, but I remember a showing where Captain America one-shot Namor with a shield throw so it would help if you added some more feats that shows Namor's consistency.

thats all consistent. Where is the shield throw instance lol

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Superman.

Also Namor hurting Thanos is PIS.

Why on earth would Namor lose to MOS Superman? Forget about the Thanos punch, Namor is still miles stronger and more durable than him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman: They're arriving at different locations before they could finish their conversation, and they threw like 3 punches combined the whole time. They were mainly racing so that is also travel speed, but you know that they need the reflexes so they don't crash into anything, same with Superman. There's an entire scene dedicated to show that his reflexes are on par with his travel speed. Even then, what's going to stop Superman from bullrushing Namor over and over again?

Okay, show me Namor displaying planetary strength and hypersonic combat speed on his own. I showed Namor briefly wrestling with Sentry, only to get immediately bullrushed through buildings. I saw Namor trading with Thor, but Thor had literally knocked him into the water and was mind-controlled.

Wonder Woman herself? She's gotten close to that in the bank scene in Justice League I think. And she's much slower than Superman, despite being able to react in the same timeframe as Iron Man.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acrokat: Just so you know, Thor being mind-controlled makes it a better feat. It means he wasn't holding back against Namor and he still couldn't win. Him tackling him into the water just means that he wasn't fighting smart, but they were still trading blows. Any of these high tiers mentioned within this thread would casually turn anyone from the DCEU universe into a smear.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At this point, tagging speedsters in Marvel is just a trope. It just happens because of the plot, you can find fights where speedsters are actually competent and they brutally stomp, problem is that they have to job for the sake of progression. It would be easier to find people in Marvel who haven't done something to Quicksilver at this stage.

Realistically I don't see Namor tagging Superman if he plays it smart, though I doubt Clark is really that smart from the get-go due to being top dog in his verse. If Clark doesn't let himself get one-shotted it's either a stalemate, a BFR for Clark, or a contest of attrition. The thought of his heat vision drying out Namor occurred to me but that seems unlikely.

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@plotweapon16255 said:

Gonna say superman for now.

How the hell is DCEU Superman (even post Justice League) going to hurt someone as powerful as Namor?

Superman himself is Massively hypersonic and can react at the same speed level.

Considering the fact that he got killed by wolverine and dehydration problem , Chance of winning superman is way low.

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone1996: I don't think being mind controlled is in any way a plus. Him not holding back doesn't mean he's fighting to his full potential or to the best of his ability. Besides Namor has no feats on his own that suggest he is too strong for Thor to beat normally. Wasn't Luke Cage matching Namor underwater?

And Black Panther would get turned into a smear by Superman. Sentry did dominate Namor as well so I don't see the point of bringing him up.

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow this has actually become a debate? Comicvine...

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@plotweapon16255: wolverines blades have hurt Thanos and hulk, I guess they lose to superman too?

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Noone1996

@acrokat: Okay, you think that mind-control doesn't mean you are fighting at your best. Can you explain why? If someone is controlling you, there is no way to restrain yourself/hold back unless you are actively resisting. Luke Cage made Namor bleed underwater, yes, but he then proceeded to KO Cage as soon as he got serious. That wasn't the first time he stomped Cage before:

No Caption Provided

It depends on whether or not Black Panther was wearing his vibranium laced suit or not. It's not like, when Namor fails to KO Black Panther, it's because he can't get past his street level stats. It's because of his gear. Sentry dominated him, but he couldn't KO him. A younger Namor actually did better against Sentry in Avengers/Invaders:

He draws blood from Sentry and tanks a hit from him.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By WastelandMan

@acrokat:

That's not how it works. We separate combat speed with travel. If we didn't, then Thor would be MFTL in combat speed since he can fly and perceive objects at that speed and Namor fought and kept up with him fine so are his reflexes MFTL? Also, Blur and QS were fighting not racing. QS was trying to bring him down that's the entire context of the story. I don't see how bullrushes are supposed to do anything to Namor.

Namor doesn't need planetary strength, you're missing the point entirely. The point is he can hang and take hits from charcters with that level of strength which blows DCEU Superman's strength out of the water. Give me a chance to return to my PC and I'll post the many instances he's fought and traded blows with Hulk. Namor has also tanked a mountain collapse on top of him and took strikes that were shown capable of one-shoting a city yet you think Superman can actually do any real damage before Namor puts him down?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone1996: I think that in that case while you aren't restraining yourself you aren't in control either, whoever is in control doesn't know your limits like you do. They also have no way to boost your own willpower since they'd have to fight against it to maintain control. But that's just what I think.

Luke was distracted when Namor hit him. He had no way to brace himself for the hit. And I said that BP was hurting him due to gear earlier, he was outfighting Namor because he's much more skilled and apparently a much faster fighter. Sentry didn't K.O. him, that's fair, but Sentry was just trying to punch him out. Superman doesn't have to just punch him out. His heat vision will help a lot.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman can win this....

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@janjukbma said:
@plotweapon16255 said:

Gonna say superman for now.

How the hell is DCEU Superman (even post Justice League) going to hurt someone as powerful as Namor?

Superman himself is Massively hypersonic and can react at the same speed level.

Considering the fact that he got killed by wolverine and dehydration problem , Chance of winning superman is way low.

No Caption Provided

That isn't canon you silly goose.

Breccia33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is no objective way (as opposed to subjective, as in "Character X punched Character Y" which I just don't have the skills to do) to discuss this fight without discussing this headline:

http://i.imgur.com/L36hGym.png

That's right, MoS Superman apparently stopped an earthquake. Granted, he did it offscreen, but let's assume the caption is accurate.

One of the ways to measure an earthquake is the "moment magnitude scale". It was created to be a little more objective than the commonly known Richter scale, by using the physics term "moment" aka "force times distance", and based on a magnitude 5 being the same in both. Using either scale, therefore, a magnitude 6.0 (assuming "devastating" means "strong" earthquake) would have a moment of about one quintillion Newton-meters.

The distance in the formula is, of course, the distance created when the fault line shifts. The 1906 San Andreas fault earthquake caused a distance of 21 feet, according to the USGS, at its maximum, and Superman seems to like that fault line. Yeah I know, wrong movie. Bear with me. Using that distance for a 6.0 magnitude quake, the force would have to be 16 trillion tons.

The biggest objective strength feat I could find for Namor was lifting Utopia which is basically Asteroid M.

http://x-men.wikia.com/wiki/Asteroid_M?file=212051-58241-asteroid-m.jpg

http://x-men.wikia.com/wiki/Asteroid_M?file=Utopia_0001.jpg

Now I don't know how big that is, but, let's pretend for now the spires are the size of the Empire State Building. Using that for scaling and assuming Asteroid M is solid iron (Magneto Was Here) that puts it at 300 billion tons.

Superman is still far, far stronger. And that's lowballing the earthquake and highballing Utopia. The MoS struggle with Zod heavily implied the two were about the same strength, or at least, closer than two orders of magnitude that separate MoS Superman and Namor.

So MoS Superman could hurt Namor...but ONLY if he did it off-screen. "On-screen", Superman never gets anywhere near this level of power. Pushing boats through ice, wrecking satelites, smashing holes in buildings, nothing he does is in the same ballpark. Hell, they're not even in the same state as the same ballpark. If off-screen Superman's strength is the Philadelphia Eagles, then Namor is probably the Pittsburgh Steelers, but on-screen MoS Superman is the Cleveland Browns.

The earthquake feat is a ridiculous outlier, and not even the hardest of core Superman fans even saw it. And there's no proof the earthquake was even 6.0 either. Not only is "devastating" a relative term depending on where it hits (poor countries take less to "devastate"), but it's also really hard to measure an earthquake that's prevented. Further, for all we know, Clark Kent wrote that headline himself, making its accuracy questionable.

And Namor's shown speed far greater than anything MoS Superman has done.

http://i.imgur.com/JkTRZrv.png

Check out the curvature of the Earth. Those two are at least a thousand miles up, and did it in "seconds". In BvS, Superman leaves a party in New York and gets to Juarez, Mexico, a distance of 2,000 miles, in fifteen seconds of cinematic time. Again, OFF SCREEEN, bleargh. But even if the time was real time, it'd be tough to argue Superman was faster. At best, you might argue a tie. But based on what happens on-screen during those 15 seconds of movie time, more than 15 real seconds passes, so Superman is almost certainly slower.

Also, Namor can dodge bullets when caught by surprise:

http://i.imgur.com/8IfLGAY.png

MoS Superman just lets anything thrown at him hit him -- including the second shot from Batfleck's kryptonite gas gun, which he knows can hurt him, and he knows is coming because he's staring straight at it -- and that looks a lot slower than a bullet.

Namor's been fighting creatures and supervillains for decades. MoS Superman has no demonstrated combat skill or training to speak of, and gets in a grand total of three challenging fights. He loses two of them. And, in one of them, Superman is too unskilled and inexperienced to throw a spear at a gassed, tied-up, immobilized Doomsday, then chooses to stand within stabbing range, gets stabbed, and DIES. Namor, by contrast, can do this:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111115760/3338526-1762280266-namor.gif

That's right: Namor has thrown a tank, at a moving plane, and hit it. And that plane's up in the clouds!

Namor has skill, speed, and demonstrably equal or higher strength. The only thing between Superman and getting his ass kicked, is a piece of paper saying "I am awesome off-screen" that we see for a couple seconds. Sorry, but, that's not enough.

I give the fight to Namor 9 times out of 10, and the 10th fight we don't get to watch.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman: Not exactly. Thor's faster flight speed is attributed to Mjolnir because he's usually being dragged around by it, and he's a magically powered character, which basically ignores and heavily alters logic. Quicksilver, Blur, and Superman are not the same case. And they were racing. They threw 3 punches and tried to see who was faster, they were even moving faster than they could finish their conversation anyway. F=MA, a bullrush, like Clark's punches, are going to hurt. It'll take a lot to put him down but it can be done. It's much more believable than Namor touching Superman honestly.

To trade with people on that tier, you need to have comparable strength and striking or some sort of gear or whatever to even the field. Namor trading with those people despite having no feats on their level and without some sort of context is a little fishy to me. Sentry could have been holding back or on one of his off-days, from what I know, Sentry's superpower is inconsistency, depending on his mind-set. Trading with Hulk is good though. Tanking a mountain collapse and a city-destroying attack is also very good. I already said I think Namor is stronger, now I think he's tougher. Is so much stronger that on onslaught of Superman's hits won't phase him? I don't think so.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acrokat: Well it's not like they are controlling your body like a remote control car. In this case, Thor's mind is being tricked into fighting to the death for Morgan Le Fey. None of his stats are lower. Plus, Thor's durability couldn't be lowered if he was mind-controlled so hurting him still applies. Even when Luke had the chance to brace himself, a serious blow took him out:

Heat vision is Superman's only chance, but a scan of Namor resisting a laser capable of slicing through titanium has been posted already (post #46) and Superman's heat vision doesn't have feats to suggest that it'd be higher than that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone1996: I'm thinking about a different kind of mind control then. I agree that mind controlled either way doesn't lower durability and that hurting him applies. However Thor didn't use any of his other abilities except for one blast at the start that either missed or was ineffective against Namor.

Namor even explains that Luke is being weakened due to not being able to handle being underwater like Namor. Even then Luke was still hurting him and Namor didn't oneshot him.

His heat vision is still plenty powerful, and would pose a problem in conjunction with Superman's hits.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acrokat: True, but he doesn't use his abilities all the time. Most of the time he just smashes with his hammer or tosses it. He did that to Namor. They traded hits. End of story.

I don't see how someone could weaken just by being underwater and holding their breath. The outcome is what mattered. He clearly didn't want to kill Cage and when he got serious you see what happens. What's funny about blindsiding him is that Cage couldn't do anything to Namor despite blindsiding him and having Thing as backup against him. There's a clear gap there.

Nah those hits aren't doing anything to him. The best you could argue is sending him flying through a building, but honestly if he braces himself that's not happening.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone1996: True.

That means he's drowning and going to have a hard time staying conscious anyway. The outcome is that he trade with and knocked out a drowning Luke Cage. That has more to do with Luke and Thing not having the damage output but alright.

Alright. How can he brace himself for a hit he can't see coming?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49375365792
deactivated-5e49375365792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Namor lands one or two hits on Superman than him.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By WastelandMan

@acrokat said:

@wastelandman: Not exactly. Thor's faster flight speed is attributed to Mjolnir because he's usually being dragged around by it, and he's a magically powered character, which basically ignores and heavily alters logic. Quicksilver, Blur, and Superman are not the same case.

That argument doesn't work at all because it's the same case for plenty of non-magical characters who can do the same. Here's Nova (Sam) travelling between galaxies at MFTL speeds:

Here's Iron Man travelling FTL to escape a black hole while navigating obstacles:

Neither of these characters approach anywhere near faster than light combat speed. Again, there's a reason why there's a distinguish made between combat and travel speed, it's because there are so many fictional characters who can fly far faster than they can ever fight in combat.

And they were racing. They threw 3 punches and tried to see who was faster, they were even moving faster than they could finish their conversation anyway.

Since when do people throw punches at each other during a race? At no point was it stated they were racing and the context was that Quicksilver was trying to bring him down. This argument is reaching.

F=MA, a bullrush, like Clark's punches, are going to hurt. It'll take a lot to put him down but it can be done.

No, they wont do jack to him. Namor easily tanked mountains collapsing on him:

Lifting the debris of mountains is also far greater a strength feat than DCEU Superman has ever shown.
Lifting the debris of mountains is also far greater a strength feat than DCEU Superman has ever shown.

And as I pointed out, Namor took multiple hits from a hammer that can bust Atlantis which happened just a page apart. How on earth do you expect Superman to hurt Namor when Superman's punches or bullrushes are nowhere near that level of damage output? That's absurd. Also, we've seen Superman fail to bullrush people who are stronger and braced themselves:

No Caption Provided

Namor is vastly stronger than both Doomsday and Supes (check feats below) so when Supes tries to bullrush him, Namor can just grab him like Doomsday did and beat him into the ground. I already showed Namor tagging faster opponents but even pretending he didn't you still don't have to see something coming to brace yourself. Namor can just keep himself braced, I mean why wouldn't he if he's in a fight?

It's much more believable than Namor touching Superman honestly.

Namor has actually tagged people much faster than himself and even DCEU Superman multiple times whereas Superman has never taken down or even hurt anyone near as durable as Namor even once yet you think that's more believable? Want to guide me through your thought process here?

To trade with people on that tier, you need to have comparable strength and striking or some sort of gear or whatever to even the field. Namor trading with those people despite having no feats on their level and without some sort of context is a little fishy to me. Sentry could have been holding back or on one of his off-days, from what I know, Sentry's superpower is inconsistency, depending on his mind-set. Trading with Hulk is good though. Tanking a mountain collapse and a city-destroying attack is also very good. I already said I think Namor is stronger, now I think he's tougher. Is so much stronger that on onslaught of Superman's hits won't phase him? I don't think so.

How on earth do you think it's fishy when Namor consistently fights with people stronger and more durable than Supes on a regular basis? Hulk (over a dozen times, literally), Sentry, Thor, Iron Man, Rulk, Hercules, etc. etc. Do you want me to post all these instances from dozens of different comics? Namor's own feats blow DCEU Supes out of the water. Here he supports the weight of the entire city of Atlantis AND an island simultaneously:

Note that the person next to him is not helping him lift the weight, she's repairing the damage to the support that held up the weight. Namor was just holding it in place until it was repaired. A feat like that would easily be in the excess of millions of tons while Supes best feat was lifting a single building. Same with the feat I posted of Namor lifting the crumbled debris of mountains crashing on him.

So I already showed Namor being vastly superior to Supes in both strength and durability and the only real advantage he has is speed which wont help him when Namor has tagged people much faster and can just brace himself and grab him when he tries to bullrush.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman: Considering Superman can fight at a piece that makes supersonic characters look frozen, I don't think it's the case for Superman. And there was an entire scene in Man of Steel that showed that Superman's reflexes are adjusted to his flight speed.

They didn't show combat speed on par with how fast they were running, and they literally only punch at each other 3 times. Quicksilver was trying to bring him down by showing he was faster. If their combat speed was just as high, why would they have to run across the world to fight when they could just try to overwhelm the other punches the way Blur did Namor? Why did Quicksilver not notice that they were running right back to where they started? Why were they arriving at the locations faster than they could finish their conversation?

All the feats you've shown are good and prove that Namor has what it takes to win if Superman tries to wrestle with him or trade blows with him. Superman doesn't have to though. During the bout with Doomsday who is already more than likely stronger than and as fast as Clark, he was weakened by kryptonite poisoning already. He bullrushed Doomsday a another time and sent him flying. Superman doesn't have to surpass Namor in strength and durability. Black Panther and Blur didn't, and Black Panther almost killed him, and Blur floored him before getting onesbot. Superman is much stronger than both of them and has a speed advantage on par with the one Black Panther had. Including his heat vision which can weaken Namor, Superman can win. He won't win if he tries punching him out though.

I find it funny that Namor has no feats that put him on Hulk, Thor, Sentry's level but he's able to go toe to toe with them without context or some power up. Namor's own strength feats definitely are better than Superman's, I already thought he was stronger, but you've shown nothing that puts him on the level that Hulk, Thor, etc. are except from that he fights them a lot. I would also find it funny if Namor tags Superman because he has nothing on his own putting him on that level of speed or skill. Namor has tagged fast characters, sure but I've seen that when they use their speed, they overwhelm him. This seems to be the case for Black Panther, Sentry, and Blur (though Blur was oneshot since he definitely doesnt hit hard enough to seriously damage Namor like Superman can). Superman can use heat vision or cause explosions (He seems to do this a lot) to weaken Namor as well. He can also take the fight to orbit with his speed.

I'm getting tired of this though. I feel like I said everything I needed to. I don't mind if you disagree since you give good reasons for why you think so.

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
RampageTheFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Namor easily stomps.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphaq: Namor has resisted lasers that have cut Titanium and has fought heat based heroes like the Human torch. Superman's laser isnt doing much.

Airgetlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Namor hits him so hard that Supes grows a mustache.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By WastelandMan

@acrokat said:

@wastelandman: Considering Superman can fight at a piece that makes supersonic characters look frozen, I don't think it's the case for Superman. And there was an entire scene in Man of Steel that showed that Superman's reflexes are adjusted to his flight speed.

Just saying you think he can fight as fast as he flies or that it seems that way is not evidence for anything.

They didn't show combat speed on par with how fast they were running, and they literally only punch at each other 3 times. Quicksilver was trying to bring him down by showing he was faster. If their combat speed was just as high, why would they have to run across the world to fight when they could just try to overwhelm the other punches the way Blur did Namor? Why did Quicksilver not notice that they were running right back to where they started? Why were they arriving at the locations faster than they could finish their conversation?

Quicksilver was chasing him and Blur was intentionally luring him to where they started fighting that's why they ended up where they last were because it was part of Blur/Nighthawk's plan to take down QS. It was never once stated to be a race it was a straight up fight. Again, this is the context of the story. Your narrative of the events is made up.

All the feats you've shown are good and prove that Namor has what it takes to win if Superman tries to wrestle with him or trade blows with him. Superman doesn't have to though. During the bout with Doomsday who is already more than likely stronger than and as fast as Clark, he was weakened by kryptonite poisoning already. He bullrushed Doomsday a another time and sent him flying.

Even if that were true it's still irrelevant. Namor has multiple feats that puts him in the million ton range whereas as DCEU Superman's best strength feat is in about the ten thousand range. There isn't a strength difference between them there's a massive gap. Namor is much stronger than Supes and Doomsday combined to say the least. If he braced himself, Superman wouldn't be able to make him budge an inch.

Superman doesn't have to surpass Namor in strength and durability. Black Panther and Blur didn't, and Black Panther almost killed him

So out of the literal dozens and dozens of instances of Namor fighting high-tier characters you choose to focus on a single inconsistent instance of him getting hurt by Black Panther? You might as well be using the instance Spider-Man took down Firelord. Want to show me any other instance of a street level character doing as well as Black Panther did in literally any other instance?

and Blur floored him before getting onesbot.

Knocking someone on the ground and doing literally no damage is irrelevant.

Including his heat vision which can weaken Namor, Superman can win. He won't win if he tries punching him out though.

Namor has fought Human Torch and has tanked other heat based attacks without being weakened.

I find it funny that Namor has no feats that put him on Hulk, Thor, Sentry's level but he's able to go toe to toe with them without context or some power up. Namor's own strength feats definitely are better than Superman's, I already thought he was stronger, but you've shown nothing that puts him on the level that Hulk, Thor, etc. are except from that he fights them a lot. I would also find it funny if Namor tags Superman because he has nothing on his own putting him on that level of speed or skill. Namor has tagged fast characters, sure but I've seen that when they use their speed, they overwhelm him. This seems to be the case for Black Panther, Sentry, and Blur (though Blur was oneshot since he definitely doesnt hit hard enough to seriously damage Namor like Superman can).

I'm not saying he's on their exact level just that he can hang with them which is far more than you can say for Supes. I already showed feats of strength and durability many magnitudes greater than Supes own. Namor can lift the weight of an island/city and tank mountains crashing on him. Superman has never been hit by someone with that level of strength nor has Superman hit anywhere near as hard as the punishment Namor has tanked and you cherry picking a single instance with Black Panther doesn't change that. He has a speed advantage but, again, Namor has tagged much faster and it means nothing if Supes can't cause any real damage and if Supes tries to bullrush him or to carry him then it's over.

He can also take the fight to orbit with his speed.

Why in the world would that happen when Namor's strength absolutely dwarfs Superman's (again Namor = city/island level Superman = small building level). If he tried that it would be his death sentence because he'd have to try to carry Namor making it so easy for Namor to just grab and pummel him.

I'm getting tired of this though. I feel like I said everything I needed to. I don't mind if you disagree since you give good reasons for why you think so.

Sure.

BeastMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By BeastMonster

Superman loses in a stomp, even Justice League Superman loses horribly

Namor has fought Hercules, Thor, Hyperion etc. and hurt them

Can you show me namor even scratching, bruising, or making someone like thor bleed? If you're arguing that namor hurt those characters because he made them move their face, using that logic, captain america, spiderman, ironman, colossus, thing, and pretty much everyone in comics has hurt thor or hercules. Thor has knocked out namor with a punch while holding back, in the middle of a rainstorm. Namor was knocked out for 5 panels then when he got up made an excuse claiming he wasn't at full power since he wasn't in the sea.

Thanos has been hit "when unexpected" by Thor, Silver Surfer, etc and didn't bleed.

Not calling it PIS but that was an extremely high end outlier for Namor.

But again, sometimes it is artistic choice to show blood despite being minimal to low damage, like how even low mid tiers were making WWH bleed.

Characters bleeding is not "artistic choice". It is a character bleeding and the writer, and editor, letting us know the character was bleeding. Thanos' energy durability is not the same as blunt force durability. When have surfer or thor hit thanos with all out blunt force attacks? If you're arguing this is artistic choice, then we can pretty much label anything as artistic choice. We could even argue that thanos KOing or defeating someone, or defeating someone, was all just "artistic choice". That excuse doesn't really work in comics. And wwh was bleeding because hulks durability has never been his schtick. Savage hulk has been KOed by the likes of ironman, hyperion, colossus, wolverine, and others before. So wwh bleeding from some of those so called mid tiers isn't artistic choice either. I mean we could follow your logic but then that would mean no character in the history of comics has ever bled, ever been scratched, ever been bruised, or killed. Since we could just label any instance of any character bleeding or being visibly hurt as being artistic choice. Artists and writers know what they are doing. There is a panel of editors approving what happens in a comic. Thanos blunt force durability is nowhere near as high as his energy durability. And his durability without forcefields is nowhere near as high as his durability with forcefields.

Namor absolutely wrecks. Superman cannot hurt him and Namor is capable of one-shotting him. The guy consistently hurts Hercules, Thor, and Hulk with his blows.

Can you show me namor hurting those guys? Making someone stagger, moving someone's head with a punch does not mean you hurt them. Unless you're arguing ironman, captain america, spiderman, the thing, and etc, have also hurt people like thanos, silver surfer, thor, etc? If you hurt someone with an attack you would need to scratch them, bruise them, make them bleed, KO them, etc. Just moving someones head or body does not mean you hurt them. These guys only weigh like 500 or 1500 pounds. It isn't difficult to move them.

Thor "one-shotted" Namor while not being at full strength (since he wasn't in the sea for a long time) and he was up and fine the very next page.

Nothing at all indicated namor "wasn't in the sea for a long time". He simply wasn't in the sea. If you're arguing namor wasn't in the sea for a long time then that would mean that thor was tired in the fight because he was constantly fighting for hundreds of years. Speculation runs both ways to be honest. And using that argument one could also argue that anytime superman gets hurt in a fight there must have been some kryptonite hidden somewhere in the battlefield weakening him. This argument also doesn't make sense since people are arguing namor even has a level of heat resistance. So imo its ridiculous to argue that namor was somehow weakened in his fight with thor just because he was out of the sea but being drenched in a rainstorm, whilst simultaneously arguing that namor can somehow resist supermans heat vision attacks.

Namor fought a mind-controlled Thor in Fantastic Four: Atlantis Rising. He was trading blows with him just fine. Really don't think Thor would be capable of one-shotting a full strength Namor. Especially when he could only take him out for a couple panels while he was weakened.

Namors durability when fully amped is at best savage hulk level. Namor isn't capable of trading blows with thor. If thor wanted to he could outright vaporize namor with lightning or turn him to paste with a hammer throw or swing. I don't see how you can argue that thor actually exerts himself when fighting other heroes. Hero vs hero fights have never really been valid when you have one side being more powerful and massively holding back. Does namor have any feats of resisting blunt force attacks as powerful as mjolnir? Or lightning as powerful as thors? Being mind controlled doesn't really change anything. Being mind controlled doesn't mean you're exerting yourself or bloodlusted, being mind controlled means you aren't in control of how hard you're hitting. So depending on who is mind controlling you and their perception/idea of your power levels, any mind controlled character could be hitting harder than they usually do or hitting softer than they usually do. Not holding back, being mind controlled, being bloodlusted/willing to kill, and going all out are four entirely different things.

Anyways namors durability feats aren't even relevant considering superman can exploit his heat weakness and destroy him. It would be a much better fight if superman wasn't allowed to use heat vision here imo.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh god why

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Noone1996

Oh the irony. "herp derp blood isn't an artistic choice m8 thanos bleeding coz he sux". Oh really? What are you going to say when you see an image of your beloved Hercules bleeding from a punch by Namor?? Lmfao

No Caption Provided

I'm sure you will be in denial. That's clearly just water from Namor's hands. He was still wet when he came out from the ocean, right? Lmfao or maybe Hercules was depowered here? Oh, but wait since reading comics and posting scans is required to prove that you might be in hot water...

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Worldofthunder

@noone1996: I thought that was Black Adam at first. Lol

On topic, though, Namor should take it rather easily now that I've seen all of these feats of his.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#94  Edited By APEX_pretador

lmao

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By brucerogers

@plotweapon16255: You do realise that Wolverine's claws have cut through people astronomically more durable than this Superman, right?. So getting impaled by them isnt a low showing for him. Plus Namor has fought heat based heroes like the human torch and no sold lasers that cut Titanium.

Plus your scan is non canon.

Superman dies.

BeastMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Namor making hercules spit out a bit of blood after doing a full force kick followed by a punch isn't too bad a feat considering what he did to thanos with a punch. The kick alone didn't do much.

Regardless namors punch power isn't going to help much when he has the heat weakness going on. Supermans heat vision gives him too much of an advantage here. If namors heat weakness is taken away, then id back namor here to be honest.

BeastMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You do realise that Wolverine's claws have cut through people astronomically more durable than this Superman, right?. So getting impaled by them isnt a low showing for him. Plus Namor has fought heat based heroes like the human torch and no sold lasers that cut Titanium.

Superman dies.

How or when did namor resist attacks from human torch? That doesn't make sense considering the massive heat vulnerability he has.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If only Thor was capable of making Thanos bleed... Oh, right I forgot he always holds back. Even against characters way above him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If only Thor was capable of making Thanos bleed... Oh, right I forgot he always holds back. Even against characters way above him.

Hold back force.

If Thor cut loose he could do something like this

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Namor still stomps while sleeping.