Ladies and gentlemen, Moon Knight Month has officially begun! This week, we're testing the anti-hero's skills against Green Arrow, one of DC's most accurate heroes! Does Marc Spector have what it takes to defeat Oliver Queen or will the Emerald Archer drop Moon Knight with his variety of arrows? You have until Friday to think it through, Viners. But before you cast your vote, please be sure to read all of the rules. Seriously, it's like, a minute or two out of your day and provides all of the important information (where they're fighting, what gear they have, etc).
- Combatants are in character.
- This is a random encounter (aka no prep for either team).
- They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 30 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover in the location (parked vehicles, bus stops and such). The entire area is on limits. This means alleys, rooftops, building interiors, the sewer, etc.
- Moon Knight's gear: to keep things simple and balanced, let's assume Spector has his "classic"/2006 gear. This means it's the iconic costume (not carbonadium armor), and he has his truncheons (which have multiple functions), plenty of crescent daggers, spiked knuckles and anything else which is considered standard for him at that time. No vehicles, obviously.
- Green Arrow's gear: Oliver has his New 52 gear. He has a plentiful supply of regular arrows but his supply of trick arrows is very limited (for example, he'd only have one explosive arrow). For simplicity's sake, let's say skill feats from pre-52 are applicable.
- Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too.
- Hey, you know what would be really cool? Treating everyone else in the debate with respect. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. Seriously, this is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging.
- If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining. Just saying.
- One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to be selected as the Viner Argument of the Week. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs.
Viners, you have the week to research, debate and vote! This means there's no reason to vote right away if you don't have all of the info you need to make an educated decision. Check the homepage Friday for an updated article with the following:
- Thoughts from the staff.
- A Viner Argument for both characters (can't include scans and must be in the poll thread).
- If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.
Feel free to make future battle suggestions in the comments below or via Twitter! Want to continue celebrating Moon Knight? He'll be the topic of tomorrow's 'Question of the Week' and his 'Best Cover' will be posted on Friday.