Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Overvoid sees creation as fiction

Azatoth sees it as Dream

So seems like stalemate

But I recently heard some weird controversial stuff about Azzy so outcome might change.

NWName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azatoth sees it as Dream

So seems like stalemate

But I recently heard some weird controversial stuff about Azzy so outcome might change.

Like what?

lmaolmaolmao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nwname said:
@lmaolmaolmao said:

Azatoth sees it as Dream

So seems like stalemate

Like what?

Not sure but I recently saw people discussing that Azatoth viewing reality as dream is headcannon

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5be9e305ddd
deactivated-5f5be9e305ddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this isnt a stalemate. More or less the overvoid is the canvas on which things are written. Azzzy more or less is a writer level veiwing that is as just a dream writers writing comics would be one of the thing. Overvoid isnt the supreme being while as Azzy casually dreams of supreme beings in verses.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2414030c5e3
deactivated-5f2414030c5e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azathoth wakes up and the Overvoid ceases to exist.

NWName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this isnt a stalemate. More or less the overvoid is the canvas on which things are written. Azzzy more or less is a writer level veiwing that is as just a dream writers writing comics would be one of the thing. Overvoid isnt the supreme being while as Azzy casually dreams of supreme beings in verses.

Azathoth wakes up and the Overvoid ceases to exist.

Any proof? Id like to see a canon statement at least since that claim is apparently called headcanon and nothing more

God10000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By God10000

Azathoth wins

SuperPrimeTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are both tier 0

Xebec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Aren't both supposed to be like super-meta, boundless entities?

my opinion = fax

ur opinion = creditless

NWName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xebec said:

Aren't both supposed to be like super-meta, boundless entities?

my opinion = fax

ur opinion = creditless

I don't think Azathoth has anything meta related and boundless depends on what you define that as. Both are infinite.

OT: Based on what i read about these guys (not that much tbh) in the last year or so i think Overvoid doesn't reach transfinite level and Azathoth reaches at least the 2nd smallest infinite level so he should be well above overvoid.

RedGuard1an

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RedGuard1an  Online

Stalemate

Solar_Mars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alovenus stomps both tbh.

Yesh-kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Yesh-kun

Azathoth can't even fight, he's too busy hitting the sack. I doubt the Monitor Mind can fight either, its portrayed as being a largely passive entity in Final Crisis and in Rebirth's JL, being more of a substance and thing than a conscious being that could act.

So, basically, stalemate.

Avatar image for manofmanynames2
ManOfManyNames2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azathoth blinks.

ManOfManyNames2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are both tier 0

Not true. Monitor Mind is High 1-A, Azathoth is 0. Tier 0 is far superior to every tier, including High 1-A.

SuperPrimeTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manofmanynames2: No they are definitely both tier 0, there statements about each other are contradictory as they are both stated to be omnipotent and transcend both fiction, the real world, concepts as a result they are both the same tier there is no way to put one above the other

ManOfManyNames2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manofmanynames2: No they are definitely both tier 0, there statements about each other are contradictory as they are both stated to be omnipotent and transcend both fiction, the real world, concepts as a result they are both the same tier there is no way to put one above the other

The Overvoid is also consistently stated to be a tool of The Writer. The Writer views the Overvoid as the paper and draws the DC Multiverse onto it. The Writer is Tier 0, Overvoid isn't.

LMSolos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"TIER 0" Overvoid blinks.

SuperPrimeTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SuperPrimeTime
@manofmanynames2 said:
@superprimetime said:

The Overvoid is also consistently stated to be a tool of The Writer. The Writer views the Overvoid as the paper and draws the DC Multiverse onto it. The Writer is Tier 0, Overvoid isn't.

Thats true but ultimately contradictory, it depends on the DC cosmology that you follow, for instance on the topic of the writer, the real world exists its earth-prime or earth 33 as a result the writer would be fiction. Even mentioning the writer writing on the overvoid or comic doesn’t mean it’s above the Overvoid as even Mxy and Batmite have been able to destroy the writers pencil or outright just take it, and they’ve even destroyed our universe, their is also the fact that the writer doesn’t even know there creations are real as seen when Superboy prime visited the DC writer and told them to stop writing him bad or leave him alone. I can mention the time animal man meet The Writer in limbo when he ran into Grant Morrison and he was not omnipotent. From my perspective The Writer can affect the Overvoid but to say it’s above it isn’t really true, the Overvoid has even called creation and therefore, the writers creation an infinitesimal imperfection and he considers all beings inside as germs to be eventually destroyed. In my opinion this could come down to a matter of perspective but I’ve personally never seen the writer do anything impressive to the Overvoid.