#1 Edited by Nipower888 (222 posts) - - Show Bio

Who would win

I always wanted to know in a fight who would win between the two.

Ironman with his best armor ever

First round morals off.

Second round bloodlust morals off.

#2 Posted by DarkRaiden (15466 posts) - - Show Bio

Monica would stomp

#3 Posted by green_skaar (12257 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by hatemalingsia (15494 posts) - - Show Bio

Monica Rambeau.

#5 Posted by Nipower888 (222 posts) - - Show Bio

Noooooo I have to change it now

#6 Posted by Nipower888 (222 posts) - - Show Bio

So how about with his hulk buster or extremis armor

#7 Edited by FiendishMind (645 posts) - - Show Bio

They fought recently in Captain America & The Mighty Avengers #3.

Tony was able to absorb Monica into his armor right off the bat. She eventually forced her way out but it could be argued that was only because Tony was distracted fighting the other Mighty Avengers.

#8 Posted by Nipower888 (222 posts) - - Show Bio

@fiendish: wasn't that because of Scarlet Witches probablility Magic or something.

#9 Posted by pooty (16236 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectrum is my favorite female character but Tony suit is full of absorbers,buffers etc. I'm not sure she can overload his suit. I want to say she can but I'm not sure

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
#10 Edited by HeirToTheKingdom (9201 posts) - - Show Bio

@fiendish said:

They fought recently in Captain America & The Mighty Avengers #3.

Tony was able to absorb Monica into his armor right off the bat. She eventually forced her way out but it could be argued that was only because Tony was distracted fighting the other Mighty Avengers.

It all kind of depends, cause she could have quite easily fired a shot of energy at him which he couldn't react to.

#11 Edited by FiendishMind (645 posts) - - Show Bio

@fiendish: wasn't that because of Scarlet Witches probablility Magic or something.

I reread the issue and you're right, he needed Scarlet Witch's hexes to figure out Monica's frequency on the first try. Monica also stated after she escaped that Tony's trick wouldn't work a second time anyway.

I need to pay more attention.

#12 Posted by Nathaniel_Adam (3716 posts) - - Show Bio

Monica

#13 Edited by Noone301994 (22169 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man can definitely absorb her as seen here:

No Caption Provided

And his energy absorbers have shown to automatically absorb energy at lightning speed (evident when his armor absorbs a lightning bolt that Tony was unaware of). However, that might not be enough because, as some have pointed out already, she can move or shoot her energy at him at light speeds. He, and his armor, probably can't react fast enough. This holds true especially if she's blood-lusted.

EDIT: He's fought her before and he seemed to react pretty well to her in their fight considering he won.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#14 Posted by DarkRaiden (15466 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone301994: Yeah but that fight didn't make sense. He beat her by hitting her with her own energy....that she can absorb

#15 Posted by Noone301994 (22169 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden: He can still absorb her and keep her locked inside his armor. Based on his past encounters with her I really don't see her overloading his suit.

#16 Posted by DarkRaiden (15466 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden: He can still absorb her and keep her locked inside his armor. Based on his past encounters with her I really don't see her overloading his suit.

That recently happened and she escaped. And he needed help. Plus she's overloaded Kang the Conqueror, she should logically overload him as well.

#17 Edited by ssj_god (16749 posts) - - Show Bio

logically monica..... only problem is.. ironman is the more popular face around between the two...... hence the problem arises in time of developing a comics in which both faces each other.

#18 Edited by ZhuRong (6728 posts) - - Show Bio

So people think Tony can beat Monica but not Aquaman.

Interesting.

#19 Posted by TheLurker (990 posts) - - Show Bio

@zhurong: Should Monica beat Aquaman? I'm just starting Mighty Avengers and this is my first time hearing of her.

#20 Posted by Gizmorino (6317 posts) - - Show Bio

Monica stomps him, she is lightspeed, him absorbing her in cap america and mighty avengers #3 was wanda's probability and nothing more, he even knew it was imposible, read what he said in the page, she even escaped and said his "trick" would not work again.

She beats him hands down.

#21 Posted by ZhuRong (6728 posts) - - Show Bio

@thelurker: Should she beat Aquaman? Lol. She can stomp Hulk and Superman.

#22 Edited by Noone301994 (22169 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone301994 said:

That recently happened and she escaped. And he needed help. Plus she's overloaded Kang the Conqueror, she should logically overload him as well.

When saying she escaped, are you referring to this?

No Caption Provided

Because she technically didn't escape. He shot her out at Thor.

Or are you referring to a different encounter he had? If so do you have scans?

Has there ever been a quantifiable amount of energy that Captain Marvel can produce? Iron Man can absorb city level amounts of energy.

#23 Posted by DarkRaiden (15466 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone301994: No it was recently. Blue Marvel and her made the Avengers run off, he absorbed her with Scarlet Witch's help, then she escaped.

#24 Edited by TheLurker (990 posts) - - Show Bio

@zhurong said:

@thelurker: Should she beat Aquaman? Lol. She can stomp Hulk and Superman.

Ahh! Well I just started to read Might Avengers and am on #3, during the whole Shuma Gorath thing. It's just that so far she didn't seem too impressive, but her powers are cool and interesting. BTW I didn't know Marvel had a woman of color who could take on Hulk, no wonder I don't see her much.

#25 Posted by Thedailybagel (12785 posts) - - Show Bio

@zhurong: really? She stalemated hulk in the past (he couldn't hurt her and she couldn't hurt him) and he might be fighting her again in the coming months. (As it was teased that hulk would be fighting she hulk backed by the avengers in the last hulk issue).

#26 Posted by pooty (16236 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone301994: No exact amount but she did overload Thanos spaceship forcefield. Thor, The kree combined couldnt. but she did.

@thelurker: Her run on mighty avengers has been....ok. her best feats are when she was an avenger. She was the leader for awhile.

#27 Edited by TheLurker (990 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: She led the Avengers?!?!

When was this?

So shes pretty much in some sort of cosmic tier?

#28 Posted by Wardemon32 (5486 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron-Man. He's already absorbed her before and can do it again.

#29 Edited by Tyger (2824 posts) - - Show Bio

@gizmorino said:

Monica stomps him, she is lightspeed, him absorbing her in cap america and mighty avengers #3 was wanda's probability and nothing more, he even knew it was imposible, read what he said in the page, she even escaped and said his "trick" would not work again.

She beats him hands down.

Actually, as shown, he's done it three times now.

HOWEVER, it was always very short term. His recent attempt (with a much newer armor) to hold her any length of time wound up with an overload on his system, even with Wanda's help.

So, win by 'pinfall', he can take it. Anything more permanent, she does.

#30 Posted by Gizmorino (6317 posts) - - Show Bio

@wardemon32: he can't do so, he needed wanda's help the last time he did and she escaped, she even almost mess his suit up when escaping.

#31 Posted by Gizmorino (6317 posts) - - Show Bio

@wardemon32: he can't do so, he needed wanda's help the last time he did and she escaped, she even almost mess his suit up when escaping.

#32 Edited by Noone301994 (22169 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden said:

@noone301994: No it was recently. Blue Marvel and her made the Avengers run off, he absorbed her with Scarlet Witch's help, then she escaped.

Oh really? Had no idea.

@pooty said:

@noone301994: No exact amount but she did overload Thanos spaceship forcefield. Thor, The kree combined couldnt. but she did.

Gotcha. Hmm yeah then he probably wouldn't be able to hold her very long.

#33 Posted by Gizmorino (6317 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by Wardemon32 (5486 posts) - - Show Bio

@gizmorino:

All she did was speed up the time it took Tony to find the frequency. I'm pretty sure Tony's armor would remember the frequency Monica is at.

#35 Posted by Gizmorino (6317 posts) - - Show Bio

@wardemon32: did you read the issue? Because i remember tony saying that it takes 1 in a million chance or so, and wanda had to help, she mainly helped him absorb her, he was not meant to, he wasn't actually able to do so, but wanda's probability warping helped him.

#36 Edited by Wardemon32 (5486 posts) - - Show Bio

@gizmorino said:

@wardemon32: did you read the issue? Because i remember tony saying that it takes 1 in a million chance or so, and wanda had to help, she mainly helped him absorb her, he was not meant to, he wasn't actually able to do so, but wanda's probability warping helped him.

Very few times do I talk about issues which I haven't read. This isn't one of them. Tony never said it was a one in a million chance. Although I can't post scans yet I can tell you the dialogue.

Monica: I'm sorry Jan. But my Sting's a little higher voltage.

Captain America: All right time to close her down. Like we planned it, Avengers.

Scarlet: And may this be the last time I take your orders--

Iron-Man: Spectrum! This is your final warning--

Spectrum: No. It's yours.

Scarlet: There. My power to alter probabilities has altered yours, Iron-Man.

Iron-Man: And hey! Lookie Lookie! Guessed her electromagnetic frequency on the very first try so my armor can absorb her like a sponge before it changes. What are the chances, huh? Must be one in...oh, I don't know..one thanks to you, Witchie-poo.

At what point did you see Tony or anyone else for that matter say that it was a one in a million chance? He was trying to absorb her but he didn't know the frequency. It's already in his armor. And he has done so before.

#37 Posted by Gizmorino (6317 posts) - - Show Bio

@wardemon32: must have exaggerated it.

He needed her help, but after that has he built any armor that can absorb her directly? I don't think so, before he pinpoints her frequency she may have blast him.

All being said am going with what tyger said. He has a fair point on this.

#38 Posted by Wardemon32 (5486 posts) - - Show Bio

@gizmorino:

I reiterate, him absorbing her frequency should be done instantly being that he already knows her frequency. He did abosrb her directly. Were we reading the same issue? His tech is already capable of abosrbing her. The only problem is him finding the frequency so he can absorb her.

I'm not sure what Tyger is talking about. If Tony was overloaded then his armor would have shut down. Not only was his armor up but it also regenerated. That isn't being overloaded. It took her "a minute or two" to get out. That's a win.

#39 Posted by Gizmorino (6317 posts) - - Show Bio

@wardemon32: captain america and the mighty avengers, the same issue tony sent BM away saying note to everyone that BM is always busy, the same issue powerman(victor) was holding his own against thor, the same issue tony punked out with the avengers when BM came back, the same issue spidey came to vouche for them, the same issue tony said he has a plan for them, the same issue thor said he hates backing out of a fight, the same issue white tiger scratche thor and said she is a goddess.

If you say tony can take her down due to him having her frequency, no problem, but remember she changes frequency, tony said so, and she does so.

#40 Posted by pooty (16236 posts) - - Show Bio

@wardemon32: @gizmorino: As said, she can be any frequency in the EMS and she can change frequency without having to think. He might be able to absorb her(if he can tag her) but not for long.

#41 Edited by Gizmorino (6317 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: ya, i know of that part(changing of frequency) that's why i said tony recognizing her frequency may not really help since she can change it.

#42 Posted by MasterKungFu (20773 posts) - - Show Bio

tony

#43 Posted by Fanawtik (229 posts) - - Show Bio

hm

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
#44 Posted by americanspeeddemon (7208 posts) - - Show Bio

Monica should logically stomp him

Avatar image for deactivated-5c96cd4b0edfe
#45 Posted by deactivated-5c96cd4b0edfe (80 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony’s computers are much faster than before. He could analyze Monica’s patterns, then absorb and disperse her.

Bitch lost her powers by hitting water. haha.

Tony sends her back to the kitchen.

#46 Posted by The_Kidd (11957 posts) - - Show Bio

Monica still stomps, she moves casually at light speed so Tony isn't analyzing her flight pattern. Absorbing her isn't a good idea either as Monica can integrate herself into technology taking control.

#47 Posted by dami24434 (4354 posts) - - Show Bio

Monica would stomp as of current. Lol. I mean absorbing her would be a bad idea, if she actually meant to hurt tony. Also she's pretty much immortal.

#48 Posted by Supermanthor (18773 posts) - - Show Bio

Monica

#49 Posted by Aqualion0 (1658 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by Sy8000 (35196 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, it seems like Tony's beaten her already and has a way better track record.