• 81 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for darkknight96000
#1 Posted by darkknight96000 (1161 posts) - - Show Bio

Who wins?  
 
Remember Monarch took on Superman Prime, The Monitors, and destroyed an entire Universe.

Avatar image for castleking
#2 Edited by castleking (24742 posts) - - Show Bio
well i gave it some series thought and i can see Galactus ripping the armor and killing them both or at least ko'ing galactus depending on power level.
 
Galactus could just mind rape monarch. or if he can hold him in place via cosmic power use him as an energy source
Avatar image for red_blade
#3 Posted by Red_Blade (2433 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
" well i gave it some series thought and i can see Galactus ripping the armor and killing them both or at least ko'ing galactus depending on power level.
 
Galactus could just mind rape monarch. or if he can hold him in place via cosmic power use him as an energy source
"
Or Monarch could just BFR half of Galactus into one universe, and BFR his other half into another universe
How would Galactus rip his armor? Any blast he shoots at Monarch will just get eaten up
And even if was able to break his armor, Galactus would be killed, Monarch would survive 
 
Unless Big G is at high levels of power, he loses
Avatar image for cosmicspiral
#4 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5466 posts) - - Show Bio

A full-power Galactus without PIS will easily win. 

Avatar image for stevon
#5 Posted by stevon (1327 posts) - - Show Bio

I think galactus could only win at full power. Moderatley fed galactus would probably lose, given Monarch could tear off his own armor if things start looking ugly for him (I'm not sure if that's in character for him or anything).
 
Avatar image for castleking
#6 Posted by castleking (24742 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red_Blade said:
" @castleking said:
" well i gave it some series thought and i can see Galactus ripping the armor and killing them both or at least ko'ing galactus depending on power level.
 
Galactus could just mind rape monarch. or if he can hold him in place via cosmic power use him as an energy source
"
Or Monarch could just BFR half of Galactus into one universe, and BFR his other half into another universe How would Galactus rip his armor? Any blast he shoots at Monarch will just get eaten up And even if was able to break his armor, Galactus would be killed, Monarch would survive   Unless Big G is at high levels of power, he loses "
and vice versa... Galactus could just as easily do the same. galactus did it to hyperstorm and even fed off him and the dimension he was linked to hyperspace.... it isnt the 1st time galactus has resorted to eating a dimension or reality to beat an opponent if anything its a power up on the spot. galactus almost ate mephisto dimension had mephisto not forfeit the fight.  
 
 
what is to stop galactus from mind raping or altering monarchs soul?
Avatar image for logy5000
#7 Posted by logy5000 (7012 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

Avatar image for omgomgwtfwtf
#8 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7475 posts) - - Show Bio

How is this even fair...Monarch was defeated by being punched around. Galactus would just eat him for a light meal and be on his way.

Avatar image for comic_book_fan
#9 Posted by comic_book_fan (8460 posts) - - Show Bio

galactus stomps monarch is like a snickers bar for galactus.

Avatar image for mk111
#10 Posted by mk111 (3148 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus has him for dinner, I guess.

Avatar image for lubeman
#11 Posted by LubeMan (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

Monarch would be a snack for Galactus, once he peeled his suit and enjoyed a good feed!

Avatar image for killemall
#12 Posted by Killemall (18938 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus virtually everytime.

Monarch is closer to Odin in terms of power level not Galactus.

Avatar image for lubeman
#13 Posted by LubeMan (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

Galactus virtually everytime.

Monarch is closer to Odin in terms of power level not Galactus.

I wouldn't even really go that far, as Odin has much more diversity.

Avatar image for killemall
#14 Posted by Killemall (18938 posts) - - Show Bio

@LubeMan said:

I wouldn't even really go that far, as Odin has much more diversity.

Odin is more versatile i give you that much. I think Monarch is closer because he has few nifty ability like, time travel, teleportation, energy manipulation etc. But most imporantly, he has shown enough firepower to make a mockery out of a team of 39 Captain Atom and 3 Supermen. Thats gotta count for something right.

Its his defeat in the hands of Superman Prime that people tend to remember, Monarch was a complete beast in Countdown Arena.

Avatar image for lubeman
#15 Posted by LubeMan (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@LubeMan said:

I wouldn't even really go that far, as Odin has much more diversity.

Odin is more versatile i give you that much. I think Monarch is closer because he has few nifty ability like, time travel, teleportation, energy manipulation etc. But most imporantly, he has shown enough firepower to make a mockery out of a team of 39 Captain Atom and 3 Supermen. Thats gotta count for something right.

Its his defeat in the hands of Superman Prime that people tend to remember, Monarch was a complete beast in Countdown Arena.

It does, but, to be fair, featless characters/versions, and find it hard that a high level skyfather like Odin would have any issues doing the same, imo.

Avatar image for killemall
#16 Posted by Killemall (18938 posts) - - Show Bio

@LubeMan said:

It does, but, to be fair, featless characters/versions, and find it hard that a high level skyfather like Odin would have any issues doing the same, imo.

Not all the characters were featless. We know one of the Superman was Superman Red Son (Kal L from Earth 30), who was a beast throughout the story arc. The next Superman, another Superman Christopher Kent from Earth 16 was stomping Kal L, so that counts for his feats too. Then the third Superman was from Earth 31 we have seen on Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, where he doesnt really have a lot of grand feats, but he was owning an entire Russian Army, plus tanked multiple nukes.

Among Captain Atom, i recognize Earth 22 Captain Atom from Kingdom Come.

Also i never said he was more powerful than Odin, but rather closer to Odin in terms of power level, rather than Galactus.

Avatar image for pistolwhip1
#17 Posted by Pistolwhip1 (1238 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus feeds off of Monarch, with that sort of energy he would never have to eat planets again. 

Avatar image for comocyahweh
#18 Posted by ComocYahweh (667 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus won't feed shit without a head. Monarch went toe 2 toe with the guy who curbstomped Mxyzpltk.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
#19 Posted by Simon_the_digger (5095 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
#20 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17185 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComocYahweh said:

Galactus won't feed shit without a head. Monarch went toe 2 toe with the guy who curbstomped Mxyzpltk.

And that fights means nothing. I am not going to further debate about it, but Prime is immune to Mxy's pwoer or Mxy isn't really that great. IMO - first one, but it doesn't change anything, since You've used aBC logic.
Avatar image for comocyahweh
#21 Posted by ComocYahweh (667 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

@ComocYahweh said:

Galactus won't feed shit without a head. Monarch went toe 2 toe with the guy who curbstomped Mxyzpltk.

And that fights means nothing. I am not going to further debate about it, but Prime is immune to Mxy's pwoer or Mxy isn't really that great. IMO - first one, but it doesn't change anything, since You've used aBC logic.

Abc logic works in this scenario, if Prime could curbstomp Mxy, and Mxy can destroy universes with a thought, Galactus won't do shit to Prime.

Avatar image for rumble_man
#22 Posted by Rumble Man (11197 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComocYahweh: Didn't he imprison mxy with a zatanna from an alt earth?

and SBP is full of inconsistencies

Avatar image for lubeman
#23 Posted by LubeMan (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@LubeMan said:

It does, but, to be fair, featless characters/versions, and find it hard that a high level skyfather like Odin would have any issues doing the same, imo.

Not all the characters were featless. We know one of the Superman was Superman Red Son (Kal L from Earth 30), who was a beast throughout the story arc. The next Superman, another Superman Christopher Kent from Earth 16 was stomping Kal L, so that counts for his feats too. Then the third Superman was from Earth 31 we have seen on Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, where he doesnt really have a lot of grand feats, but he was owning an entire Russian Army, plus tanked multiple nukes.

Among Captain Atom, i recognize Earth 22 Captain Atom from Kingdom Come.

Also i never said he was more powerful than Odin, but rather closer to Odin in terms of power level, rather than Galactus.

Good points. Haven't read Arena since it came out, didn't care to much for it, but you are right.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
#24 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17185 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComocYahweh said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@ComocYahweh said:

Galactus won't feed shit without a head. Monarch went toe 2 toe with the guy who curbstomped Mxyzpltk.

And that fights means nothing. I am not going to further debate about it, but Prime is immune to Mxy's pwoer or Mxy isn't really that great. IMO - first one, but it doesn't change anything, since You've used aBC logic.

Abc logic works in this scenario, if Prime could curbstomp Mxy, and Mxy can destroy universes with a thought, Galactus won't do shit to Prime.

LOL. No.
Avatar image for terry2012
#25 Posted by terry2012 (9386 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: This.

Avatar image for omgomgwtfwtf
#26 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7475 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComocYahweh: ABC Logic fails because I could say Galactus wins because he defeated Abraxas who was destroying the multiverse by just being present. So by your logic (ABC that is), Galactus>Abraxas>multiverse. So seriously ABC logic does not work in any stretch of the imagination. Superboy Prime only defeated Myx after depowering him with an alternate universe Zantanna, not because he's was that powerful.

Avatar image for comocyahweh
#27 Posted by ComocYahweh (667 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man said:

@ComocYahweh: Didn't he imprison mxy with a zatanna from an alt earth?

and SBP is full of inconsistencies

He flew into the 5th dimension and snatched him out before he or his 5th dimensional girlfriend even knew what happened, that has to say something about how fast he is, probably has equal strength.

Avatar image for rumble_man
#28 Posted by Rumble Man (11197 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComocYahweh: durability wise he got KTFO'd by TT and bled to krypto

Avatar image for bo88gdan
#29 Posted by Bo88gdan (5408 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus wins

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
#30 Posted by termiteone4ever (11805 posts) - - Show Bio

For years on this site galactus power level was never set. This fed or starving is pretty difficult to gauge him as a win or lose. I am pretty sure the op didnt say FED nor starving .. I dont even know how Galactus is going to kill Monarch with out killing him self. I am not even sure if monarch can be mind raped . A fully Fed galactus i dont think i have ever seen or has he done anything impressive or seen at all. How do you any of you know when he is fully fed . Wait i think when adult franklin richards took him over he was over fed . Again i would say stale mate due to the fact defeating monarch might destroy galactus as well .

Avatar image for monarch_prime
#31 Posted by monarch_prime (469 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus.

Avatar image for blackice709
#32 Posted by Blackice709 (1636 posts) - - Show Bio

What a yummy battle for Galactus!

Avatar image for henryarguelles73
#33 Posted by henryarguelles73 (54 posts) - - Show Bio

@castleking: Old post, but: well said.

Avatar image for deathstrokesrevenge
#34 Posted by Deathstrokesrevenge (959 posts) - - Show Bio

Full powered g isn't real

Avatar image for spiderbuck1
#35 Posted by spiderbuck1 (2762 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for New_World_Order
#36 Posted by New_World_Order (14895 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus

Avatar image for capall2
#37 Posted by capall2 (1454 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus should win here unless he was extremely starving...

Avatar image for the_titan_lord
#38 Edited by The_Titan_Lord (8419 posts) - - Show Bio

The BIG G. FTW!

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for moonman78
#39 Posted by Moonman78 (1736 posts) - - Show Bio

Monarch seemed very powerful, but not this powerful, galactus owns him, if prime was able to breach the suit galactus could as well, and probably transport him to another dimension.

Avatar image for deathstrokesrevenge
#40 Posted by Deathstrokesrevenge (959 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus is way overrated monarch in a good fight

Avatar image for veravin
#41 Posted by Veravin (929 posts) - - Show Bio

galactus.

Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
#42 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2851 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

Monarch easily

Avatar image for eternityx
#43 Posted by eternityx (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus stomps. I'd say Monarch is just above Sky father level whereas big G is abstract level.

Avatar image for thebourneposter
#44 Posted by TheBournePoster (2982 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus destroys him easily.

Avatar image for dadivineking
#45 Posted by DaDivineKing (43819 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for lol
#46 Edited by lol (5443 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for nosoamazing
#47 Edited by NoSoAmazing (139 posts) - - Show Bio

@lol: Chill out. You were already warned about this and literally just bumped two of the same thread.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#48 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Monarch :3

Avatar image for axle124
#49 Posted by axle124 (1492 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for kingant27
#50 Posted by Kingant27 (15379 posts) - - Show Bio

Big Galactus wins.