Molecule Man vs Superman

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Who'd win? (Remember, phsyical strength doesn't always equal a win)

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Valkaad

This one is not even close! Molecule man could turn superman into a lump of coal or he could turn him into a jello pudding pop and feed him to his dog. Molecule man is in a whole different league.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Lol. I'm sorry, but I just pictured Superman flying towards molecule man and turning into red blue pudding and a red cape. lol

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#4  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Superman. Unless Molecule Man has FTL reaction time, how does he do anything before Superman hits him or burns him to ash with heat vision?

Avatar image for the_mighty_thor
The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The Mighty Thor

can molecule man destroy molecules

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Well matter can't be destroyed, and molecules are matter. So no. But Buckshot, Molecule Man can win. All he has to do is think. He can teleport behind Super-Man (like he did in Secret Wars, minus the Superman thing) And Make melt Superman

The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The Mighty Thor

ok then i think molecule cule can win because he can blow him up inside out like in secret wars issue #4

The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The Mighty Thor

whaen he destroy there base

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Eternal Chaos

True. He can drop a mountainside on him. LoL

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Not before Superman kills him.

The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The Mighty Thor

he can put a molecule force field

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Valkaad

Molecule man can sense things throughout the universe. See secret wars 2 when he was playing cards and sensed that all the higher beings in the universe where meeting together behind his back (they were trying to keep it from him and couldn't). He would easily sense if someone where going to attack him. He can create space warps and enter hyperspace. Even if superman did get to him i am sure he has created some protective screens around himself and his girlfriend to keep from being attacked

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

None of those is an example of him sensing (and reacting to) something coming at him at light speed (if not faster). And show me him having protective shields that Superman can't destroy.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Yeah so pretty much, Superman dies. Oh well. Bye bye Captain Flag

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Not captain flag, (sorry I was reading Kraven's last hunt) I meant to put, bye bye DC's favorite hero

The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The Mighty Thor

the only person i know who could his force field is captain marvel who can turn into light

Marrduke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Marrduke

Molecule Man (post Secret Wars vol.1) (before he could only control inorganic molecules, but now he has complete control over all molecules)is probbaly the most powerfull being in the universe (on scale, if not high higher than Proteus, Galactus, and pretty much anyone with reality altering/energy manipulation/elemental mutaion powers). HE would sense SuperMan by his "cosmic awareness" and could pull Sup's apart on a molecular level and r-arange him into apile of rocks. He's rediculously powerfull. (which is probably why he's not around anymore...)

-Sup's doesn't stand a chance.......

Marrduke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Marrduke

"True. He can drop a mountainside on him. LoL"

he could turn that mountain into water vapors if he wanted......

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Valkaad

Buckshot says:

"None of those is an example of him sensing (and reacting to) something coming at him at light speed (if not faster). And show me him having protective shields that Superman can't destroy."

You think he cannot create a defensive screen strong enough to keep superman out? He is basically omnipotent. As far as me showing you where he has screens erected to protect himself I think that that could kind of be understood without them showing it. Do you think that in day to day life he would be walking around with all that power and risk being potentially killed by a speeding car like a normal person.

I think the fact that he can detect the actions of one-above-all (the celestial), Galactus, Eon, etc. when they are trying to keep him from detecting him shows that he has a comsic awarness that should easily powerful enough to warn him of an impending attack. As far as a comic not showing him have a warning sense I have never seen him turn a person into a jello pudding pop in the comics, but based on his powers he could do it. Plus no one would be insane enough to attack molecule man anyway.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By Forever

Theoretically, Molecule Man could win. If he has complete control of his own molecules, then he could keep himself alive with sheer will power. He was never able to do that before because he had a psychological hang up about controlling living things but he got over that eventually. I have never seen him display this power, mind you, but it's possible that he has it.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Eternal Chaos

If it's possible, it'll happen

Octagon Freak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Octagon Freak

Valkaad says:

"This one is not even close! Molecule man could turn superman into a lump of coal or he could turn him into a jello pudding pop and feed him to his dog. Molecule man is in a whole different league."

No, he feeds the pudding pop to Bill Cosby.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Eternal Chaos

LMMFAO!!!!!!!!

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Valkaad says:

"Buckshot says:
"None of those is an example of him sensing (and reacting to) something coming at him at light speed (if not faster). And show me him having protective shields that Superman can't destroy."

You think he cannot create a defensive screen strong enough to keep superman out? He is basically omnipotent. As far as me showing you where he has screens erected to protect himself I think that that could kind of be understood without them showing it. Do you think that in day to day life he would be walking around with all that power and risk being potentially killed by a speeding car like a normal person.

I think the fact that he can detect the actions of one-above-all (the celestial), Galactus, Eon, etc. when they are trying to keep him from detecting him shows that he has a comsic awarness that should easily powerful enough to warn him of an impending attack. As far as a comic not showing him have a warning sense I have never seen him turn a person into a jello pudding pop in the comics, but based on his powers he could do it. Plus no one would be insane enough to attack molecule man anyway."

I can accept that he can make a strong shield, but I'm not going to accept that he can make one so strong that Superman can't break it without an example of him doing something like that. Your theory on a personal shield is just a theory (unless of course you can prove it). It makes sense that he'd do it, but that doesn't mean he does. Colossus can be killed in human form, but it doesn't mean he walks around as metal all the time. The Invisible Woman could have a shield up all the time, but she doesn't. All this talk about shields is making me think of Superman's aura. Why is it assumed that Molecule Man can affect him? His powers aren't magic and they don't have anything to do with Kryptonite, and those are the only things that bypass the aura. Knowing something is happening isn't the same as knowing it's going to happen before it does. If he knows Superman is attacking at lightspeed, what good is it if he can't react fast enough to stop him?

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Ok, Molecule Man can obtain Kryptonite and put it in Superman's body

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Why would he? He doesn't know anything about Superman or kryptonite. He's going to create a mineral he knows nothing about to fight an enemy that he doesn't know is weak against said mineral?

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Forever

Yeah he's not going to know to create or obtain kryptonite or turn the sun red... but I think his molecular control would have an effect on Superman. If he had the time to do anything

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Eternal Chaos

He would. With molecules, anything can be done. To hell with his stupid aura, the molecules can crush him.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Forever

EC, it depends on what Superman does as his first move. He can move faster than Molecule Man can think so if his first move is to fly straight at Molecule man than the fight's over.

This fight could go either way, depending on that first move.

The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By The Mighty Thor

even though super flies really fast molecule man just think of him as stone

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Touche, but now here's another issue Forever. Distance. How far away are they from one another

The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By The Mighty Thor

good point your the one who start this you decide

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Forever

Yeah that's your decision EC

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Well if they're far away, than it's molecule man, but if they're right in front of each other, like Forever said, it depends on the first move

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Valkaad

Buckshot says:

"Valkaad says:
"Buckshot says:
You think he cannot create a defensive screen strong enough to keep superman out? He is basically omnipotent. As far as me showing you where he has screens erected to protect himself I think that that could kind of be understood without them showing it. Do you think that in day to day life he would be walking around with all that power and risk being potentially killed by a speeding car like a normal person. I think the fact that he can detect the actions of one-above-all (the celestial), Galactus, Eon, etc. when they are trying to keep him from detecting him shows that he has a comsic awarness that should easily powerful enough to warn him of an impending attack. As far as a comic not showing him have a warning sense I have never seen him turn a person into a jello pudding pop in the comics, but based on his powers he could do it. Plus no one would be insane enough to attack molecule man anyway."
All this talk about shields is making me think of Superman's aura. Why is it assumed that Molecule Man can affect him? His powers aren't magic and they don't have anything to do with Kryptonite, and those are the only things that bypass the aura. "

Doomsday was not made of Kryptonite or Magic and he killed superman with physical force. If a certain level of physical force can kill superman then why would he be immune to molecular rearrangement. Invisible woman and Colossus both have limited endurance. They can only exert themselves for a finite amount of time before mental/physical fatigue sets in and they have to rest. Molecule man on the other hand has the ability to exert his powers all the time he can restructure his body in any way possible. Molecule man's powers affect ALL molecules, he can even restructure elements (something the surfer can't even do) so Superman's body would be like putty in his hand. AS far a creating force field strong enough to repel superman Why couldn't he do it? He can make molecules do anything yes ANYTHING, so creating an invulnerable force field wouldn't be that hard for him to accomplish.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Valkaad

even on your DC Marvel rankings Molecule man is a tier 9, while even a Sundrenched superman is only a tier 13.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Valkaad. You're turning into one of my friends now. LoL

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Forever

Valkaad says:

"even on your DC Marvel rankings Molecule man is a tier 9, while even a Sundrenched superman is only a tier 13. "

I'm with you Valkaad but I thought those power ratings dont show who would win a fight, simply who is more powerful. You can be more powerful than the flash, but it's awfully difficult to beat him.

The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By The Mighty Thor

o i think could beat almost everyine

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Eternal Chaos

I'm with everybody who agrees with me Molecule Man has a better chance at winning that's all.

The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By The Mighty Thor

I

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Eternal Chaos

No comment

The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By The Mighty Thor

dude i just said i which means i agree

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Forever

I think it's possible for Molecule Man to win, depending on how the fight starts. But if they start out, even only a city's distance apart, Superman will still win. I read a story where someone was on one side of Metropolis and was about to get shot, Superman heard them scream, heard the gun fire and was there in time to deflect the bullet before it hit the woman.

The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By The Mighty Thor

but molecule man can think faster

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Eternal Chaos

That's impressive and Spiderman, I didn't understand what you wrote so I apologise for the confusion. Forever, excellent point.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Valkaad says:

"Doomsday was not made of Kryptonite or Magic and he killed superman with physical force. If a certain level of physical force can kill superman then why would he be immune to molecular rearrangement. Invisible woman and Colossus both have limited endurance. They can only exert themselves for a finite amount of time before mental/physical fatigue sets in and they have to rest. Molecule man on the other hand has the ability to exert his powers all the time he can restructure his body in any way possible. Molecule man's powers affect ALL molecules, he can even restructure elements (something the surfer can't even do) so Superman's body would be like putty in his hand. AS far a creating force field strong enough to repel superman Why couldn't he do it? He can make molecules do anything yes ANYTHING, so creating an invulnerable force field wouldn't be that hard for him to accomplish. "

Yes, Doomsday, the monster created by super-accelerated evolution and lived hundreds, if not thousands of lives ON KRYPTON was not made of Kryptonite. Fine, I'll concede that point. While Invisible Woman has been shown to have limits on her forcefields, Piotr can stay metal indefinitely. Like I said, while your theory on Molecule Man's ever-present forcefield makes sense, it's just an unproven theory. Assuming he can make an indestructible force field, how does he do it faster than Superman can kill him? Also, can light get through? If so, laser vision works. If not, it still works because I've seen him use it as a sub-atomic scalpel. It would slip past the force field since it's only on the molecular level. Superman could also phase through it with super speed. And back on speed, how does Molecule Man do anything before Superman kills him?

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Like I said, it depends on the distance. If they're fighting Long Range, Molecule Man will have time. If Molecule Man wanted, he could make himself as strong as superman and as fast. So in reality it depends on distance

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Valkaad

Buckshot says:

"Valkaad says:
"Doomsday was not made of Kryptonite or Magic and he killed superman with physical force. If a certain level of physical force can kill superman then why would he be immune to molecular rearrangement. Invisible woman and Colossus both have limited endurance. They can only exert themselves for a finite amount of time before mental/physical fatigue sets in and they have to rest. Molecule man on the other hand has the ability to exert his powers all the time he can restructure his body in any way possible. Molecule man's powers affect ALL molecules, he can even restructure elements (something the surfer can't even do) so Superman's body would be like putty in his hand. AS far a creating force field strong enough to repel superman Why couldn't he do it? He can make molecules do anything yes ANYTHING, so creating an invulnerable force field wouldn't be that hard for him to accomplish. "
Yes, Doomsday, the monster created by super-accelerated evolution and lived hundreds, if not thousands of lives ON KRYPTON was not *made* of Kryptonite. Fine, I'll concede that point. While Invisible Woman has been shown to have limits on her forcefields, Piotr can stay metal indefinitely. Like I said, while your theory on Molecule Man's ever-present forcefield makes sense, it's just an unproven theory. Assuming he can make an indestructible force field, how does he do it faster than Superman can kill him? Also, can light get through? If so, laser vision works. If not, it still works because I've seen him use it as a sub-atomic scalpel. It would slip past the force field since it's only on the molecular level. Superman could also phase through it with super speed. And back on speed, how does Molecule Man do anything before Superman kills him?"

Your whole argument seems to be based on superman surprise attacking molecule man by flying at him at the speed of light. Your scenarios seem to have molecule man totally unaware that a superhuman being is intent on killing him if he KNEW he were in a fight why wouldn't he have up a force field. Given their dispositions, Superman a beacon of all that is good, and molecule man a former criminal. it would seem that if someone initiated the attack or suprise attacked it would be molecule man. If molecule man attacked superman, he can fold space and travel way faster than the speed of light, so speed is not an issue. If they both knew they were to fight each other or the fight was scheduled, Molecule Mans attacks/defenses are virtually endless. He could simply teleport himself to the other side of the galaxy locate superman via his cosmic awareness and turn superman into a steaming pile of dog crap from the other side of pluto.

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Sync

Valkaad says:

"Buckshot says:
"Valkaad says:
Yes, Doomsday, the monster created by super-accelerated evolution and lived hundreds, if not thousands of lives ON KRYPTON was not *made* of Kryptonite. Fine, I'll concede that point. While Invisible Woman has been shown to have limits on her forcefields, Piotr can stay metal indefinitely. Like I said, while your theory on Molecule Man's ever-present forcefield makes sense, it's just an unproven theory. Assuming he can make an indestructible force field, how does he do it faster than Superman can kill him? Also, can light get through? If so, laser vision works. If not, it still works because I've seen him use it as a sub-atomic scalpel. It would slip past the force field since it's only on the molecular level. Superman could also phase through it with super speed. And back on speed, how does Molecule Man do anything before Superman kills him?"
Your whole argument seems to be based on superman surprise attacking molecule man by flying at him at the speed of light. Your scenarios seem to have molecule man totally unaware that a superhuman being is intent on killing him if he KNEW he were in a fight why wouldn't he have up a force field. Given their dispositions, Superman a beacon of all that is good, and molecule man a former criminal. it would seem that if someone initiated the attack or suprise attacked it would be molecule man. If molecule man attacked superman, he can fold space and travel way faster than the speed of light, so speed is not an issue. If they both knew they were to fight each other or the fight was scheduled, Molecule Mans attacks/defenses are virtually endless. He could simply teleport himself to the other side of the galaxy locate superman via his cosmic awareness and turn superman into a steaming pile of dog crap from the other side of pluto. "

I do not know molecule man reaction time, or ablility?

does he have the ablilty to "feel" or "See any molecues from far away or distances, if the answer is yes than he would be able to preicve superman coming at superspeed and react. If the answer is no, than how does he stop superman speed.

also stupid is a boyscout but hes not dumb, he does what he has to do, and if he had to kill or die he would, oh wait he did that already. The whole suprise method work for either molecule man or superman.

I does molecule man power work across the vastness of space??? As always which version of superman are you using, super can turn back time, or if he feels like ending it zap him the phantom zone.

as much as molecule man may have a virtually endless attack/defense, certain version of superman are unbeatable/unstopable, or more like godly uber.