#1 Posted by Frocharocha (6269 posts) - - Show Bio

Why didn't tough on this battle? Two uber mages (except for the fact that Sauron isn`t exactly a mage..), immortal alike, booth fight over the control of booth worlds, Nirn and Arda. They will fight with everything they got.

-Miraak posses a legendary dragon as ally.

-Sauron posses the One Ring.

Boot hdetaisl above can be removed if the fight seems to unfair for u.

Vs

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#2 Posted by OpCharybdis (190 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know much concerning Sauron, but from my understanding he is far more of a manipulator than a fighter (losing in combat to a regular man...Okay, he I'm pretty it was a BAMF that killed him, but that is FAR less than Miraak). For reference, the Greybeards shook all of Tamriel WISPERING Talos's name. The Ancient Tounges were more powerful than them, and the 3 ATs were nothing compared to Alduin. In contrast, it wouldn't be much of a stretch to say that Miraak kills Alduin in a one-sided battle (The events of Dragonborn take place after the main quest in lore/canon. When Miraak first meets Dovahkiin, he incapacitates Dovahkiin with a single Sparks shock...A god-**** Sparks, the fifth weakest destruction spell in the game (and one of those top five deals ONE DAMAGE PER SECOND in gameplay). Keep in mind that Dovahkiin canonically defeated Alduin before this. The World-Eater.

#3 Posted by Pope052 (3540 posts) - - Show Bio

Miraak's voice alone would shout Sauron apart, Ulfric Stormcloak style.

#4 Posted by i_like_swords (26231 posts) - - Show Bio

Get ready, the ABC logic is approaching.

Avatar image for deactivated-579e79a09210d
#5 Posted by deactivated-579e79a09210d (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Miraak

#6 Edited by i_like_swords (26231 posts) - - Show Bio
@opcharybdis said:

I don't know much concerning Sauron

Well that's a good start.

@opcharybdis said:

The Ancient Tounges were more powerful than them

Based on what?

@opcharybdis said:

In contrast, it wouldn't be much of a stretch to say that Miraak kills Alduin in a one-sided battle (The events of Dragonborn take place after the main quest in lore/canon. When Miraak first meets Dovahkiin, he incapacitates Dovahkiin with a single Sparks shock...A god-**** Sparks, the fifth weakest destruction spell in the game (and one of those top five deals ONE DAMAGE PER SECOND in gameplay).

Yes it would be a stretch to say that. We have no idea how a fight between Miraak and Alduin would go. And we certainly can't speculate that it'd be one sided.

We don't know what spell Miraak uses on the Dragonborn, but I think it'd fairly safe to assume it wasn't a sparks spell that did the Dovahkiin in. We know there are paralysis spells, poisons and enchantments within the game so it isn't unlikely that Miraak having spent centuries in Hermaeus Mora's realm of unlimited knowledge, he made his own paralysis spell, or found a new one to his liking.

#7 Posted by Frocharocha (6269 posts) - - Show Bio

@opcharybdis said:

I don't know much concerning Sauron

Well that's a good start.

@opcharybdis said:

The Ancient Tounges were more powerful than them

Based on what?

@opcharybdis said:

In contrast, it wouldn't be much of a stretch to say that Miraak kills Alduin in a one-sided battle (The events of Dragonborn take place after the main quest in lore/canon. When Miraak first meets Dovahkiin, he incapacitates Dovahkiin with a single Sparks shock...A god-**** Sparks, the fifth weakest destruction spell in the game (and one of those top five deals ONE DAMAGE PER SECOND in gameplay).

Yes it would be a stretch to say that. We have no idea how a fight between Miraak and Alduin would go. And we certainly can't speculate that it'd be one sided.

We don't know what spell Miraak uses on the Dragonborn, but I think it'd fairly safe to assume it wasn't a sparks spell that did the Dovahkiin in. We know there are paralysis spells, poisons and enchantments within the game so it isn't unlikely that Miraak having spent centuries in Hermaeus Mora's realm of unlimited knowledge, he made his own paralysis spell, or found a new one to his liking.

@opcharybdis said:

Keep in mind that Dovahkiin canonically defeated Alduin before this. The World-Eater.

I see. So because the Greybeards shook Tamriel by whispering Talos, and because the AT's are speculated to be stronger than them and can therefore replicate everything they do, and because Alduin beat them in a fight, and because the Dragonborn beat Alduin, and because when the Dragonborn first encountered Miraak, Miraak paralysed him with an unknown spell, then Miraak and everyone else listed is at least a mountain buster and Miraak could stomp Alduin. Oh, and because Alduin is called the World-Eater he's a planet buster.

Nice logic.

Miraak is Brama version Elder Scrolls :P It eats the mortal realm in order to Akatosh restart Creation and begin the Cicle all over again. But it forsakeen it`s job as the world eater.

#8 Posted by Eisenfauste (17366 posts) - - Show Bio

What are miraaks feats that put him above saurons lvl.

#9 Posted by Frocharocha (6269 posts) - - Show Bio

What are miraaks feats that put him above saurons lvl.

He was a waste of potential. But he can kick yoru ass in battle if you don`t are OP enough.

He alone fought over 20 dragons and won in Solstheim during the Dragon War:

Despite, or perhaps due to, his arrogance, Miraak is shown to be a very powerful individual as he was not only able to defy the Dragons he served but he was also able to devour many of them before his defeat as a total of twenty one different Dragon skeletons can be found both around and within his temple.

During his final battle with the Dragonborn, he claims that Hakon and the other ancient Nord heroes wished to use him to slay Alduin, but he chose not to for his own reasons. However, should Alduin have already been defeated upon meeting him, he will claim that he could have killed the World-Eater himself, a further sign of his arrogant nature.

#10 Posted by Aetherius (172 posts) - - Show Bio

Miraak with Dragon Aspect would stomp Sauron.

#11 Edited by Penderor (5561 posts) - - Show Bio

Sauron wins.

#12 Posted by Thedailybagel (12895 posts) - - Show Bio

Miraak

#13 Edited by Antares30 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Sauron wins, hands down. Even if Miraak could kill him by throwing the ring into Mt. Doom, Sauron would still return. He, along with his Master, Morgoth, are immortal. Sauron would become trapped in the Void alongside Morgoth; however, even the Valar themselves wait upon the day when Morgoth shatters the Door of Night and escapes the Void to once again flatten Arda.

#14 Edited by Killerwasp (17447 posts) - - Show Bio

@pope052 said:

Miraak's voice alone would shout Sauron apart, Ulfric Stormcloak style.

#15 Posted by Ghetsiscmcvne (1015 posts) - - Show Bio

Sauron with one ring = stomp for Sauron.

#16 Posted by Eisenfauste (17366 posts) - - Show Bio

Sauron destroys mr. no feats.

#17 Posted by Nylz_Ber (55 posts) - - Show Bio

Miraak would just shout Fus Ro Dah and accidentally broke Sauron's Ring or fire enhancement

#18 Posted by rogueshadow (29367 posts) - - Show Bio

Sauron.

#19 Posted by Infinitias (388 posts) - - Show Bio

Miraak shatters him into pieces

#20 Posted by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

Sauron wins.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc9f423d4bb9
#21 Posted by deactivated-5cc9f423d4bb9 (1243 posts) - - Show Bio

Miraak

#22 Posted by josephgomes619 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

Miraak shouts Sauron to oblivion.

#23 Posted by Mutant1230 (6627 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Miraak has enough feats to constitute any possible win here.

#24 Edited by Chair-Sama (2299 posts) - - Show Bio

@opcharybdis said:

I don't know much concerning Sauron,

i can tell.

but from my understanding he is far more of a manipulator than a fighter

it depends on What version of sauron we are talking about here. what time frame for him. before when he had a completely immortal undying body and the ability to shapeshift and use his literal god tier powers? or the weakest version of him, from the third age, where he ended up left in a mortal body with literally a fraction of a fraction of his powers left?

(losing in combat to a regular man...Okay, he I'm pretty it was a BAMF that killed him, but that is FAR less than Miraak)

oh wow...lol..i will get to this later in this post.

. For reference, the Greybeards shook all of Tamriel WISPERING Talos's name.

lmao, thats cute, Sauron comes form a Race of beings who's very voice created ALL of existence. shaking the land is not very impressive when compared to what The Ainur could do.

The Ancient Tounges were more powerful than them, and the 3 ATs were nothing compared to Alduin. In contrast, it wouldn't be much of a stretch to say that Miraak kills Alduin in a one-sided battle (The events of Dragonborn take place after the main quest in lore/canon. When Miraak first meets Dovahkiin, he incapacitates Dovahkiin with a single Sparks shock...A god-**** Sparks, the fifth weakest destruction spell in the game (and one of those top five deals ONE DAMAGE PER SECOND in gameplay). Keep in mind that Dovahkiin canonically defeated Alduin before this. The World-Eater.

thats a lot of ABC Logic. similar things could be said about Sauron, the elves and Morgoth. Melkor/morgoth makes everything you've said so far look like childs play. The dude literally destroyed an entire Realm/continent/world just for the hell of it, and before that world was actually Created, he would Destroy and corrupt the works of the Valar, destroying Mountains/forests/continents/islands/ETC for Ages upon ages and ages. he alone countered the works of the 8 valar, you know "The Aratar (Sindarin: Exalted) or High Ones of Arda are the eight greatest of the Valar: Manwë, Varda, Ulmo, Yavanna, Aulë, Mandos, Nienna, and Oromo" "Melkor, the most powerful of all, is not counted among them"

these are the eight essentially strongest or most powerful gods, all responsible for the creation of Everything in Arda. Melkor alone was able to counter them( not only these 8, but the 14 total valar and All the other ainur)

even after and unbelievable amount of time he spent messing with the works of the Valor, he Put an insane amount of his power into creating creatures and corrupting the work of the other "gods" even engaging with them themselves multiple times. not only was Sauron The strongest of all of the people allied with Morgoth(and said to be the strongest of all the "Maiar")

despite being essentially a god, Sauron was literally second behind Morgoth himself in power in All of middle earth(the only exclusions being the Valar, as they are basically the beings of creation themselves, but they rarely came to middle earth)

keep in mind some of the things morgoth created casually, things far below the power of sauron in his prime:

bring up dragons, this is one of the Dragons created by morgoth rather casually:

No Caption Provided

for a brief size reference to truly understand the scale of him(as those mountains he is standing on are not normal mountains):

No Caption Provided

and that little bug looking dragon there? thats this guy:

No Caption Provided

The only true size mentioned by tolkein about him was that, him falling over completely destroyed "the towers of Thangorodrim" basically the three volcanic peaks of the mountain over angband. tolkein himself drew a example of these peaks, as best he could to scale being about 35k high from the surrounding land, basically 6k feet higher then Mt Everest. Ancalgon he black was so big, when he fell over on the Peaks he reduced the mountain to rubble.

and these guys are all just inferior beings to the likes of Sauron.

Even Gandalf Himself mentions ancalagon comparing to Sauron and the One Ring:

"It has been said that dragon-fire could melt and consume the Rings of Power, but there is not now any dragon left on earth in which the old fire is hot enough; nor was there ever any dragon, not even Ancalagon the Black, who could have harmed the One Ring, the Ruling Ring, for that was made by Sauron himself."[3]

keep in mind that Gandalf is Also a Maiar and has been around since before Arda itself was created, hes seen first hand how powerful both sauron and the minions and creature of morgoth, and he himself states that Old dragon fire could melt the rings of power(the Lesser rings he forged for the elfs/men/dwarfs) but even Ancalagon the Black couldn't touch the one ring because sauron himself made it.

and we know even the lesser rings are incredibly powerful, The 9 for the men created the Nazgul(immortal).

Sauron at one point was literally second in line behind Morgoth and of course Ungallant. at the height of his power sauron had unimaginable power, could literally corrupt creation itself, could masterfully shape shift on the lightest of whim, could invade and overwhelm the minds and will of all but the most powerful creatures who weren't considered to be on the levels of the gods, Even other Maiar paled in comparison to his power, and they were the lesser gods who were supposed to be in essentially the same "tier" as him.

in the end, it depends on if sauron is limited to his time with the one ring(which is the weakest he has ever been. even just before he created the one Ring, he was literally only a shadow of his original self, and had only a fraction of his original power left) or has full access to all of his power.

if just to the time of the third age of men with his ring then there is a chance he loses, unless the Battle itself takes place in Arda.

But if he has access to all his power from before the Fall of Morgoth then he stomps this.

the misconception is that He was Beat by a simple man with a strong sword, which is completely false and i dont really want to get much into who isildur is and his entire lineage, but the dude is form a long line of descendants that are essentially related to the very elves that defeated morgoth (literally the guy that killed that massive black dragon i mention above? this is like his distant great-great grand child)

and as for the sword? made by one of the greatest smiths in existence(a dwarf, Telchar, who created better work then the Elves who learned from the gods themselves, somebody who would be arguably on the same level as sauron with his creations)

this thing was one of the most powerful blades in all of Arda and made much of the elven blades look like butter knives in comparison.

and this was only saurons Mortal body AFTER he had literally poured 90% of his power into the ring itself. it was nothing more then an almost empty vessel and even then, he literally out powered any living creature, and only lost due to his own arrogance.

Avatar image for imperialbuttlicker
#25 Posted by imperialbuttlicker (233 posts) - - Show Bio

Miraak wins. TES FTW

#27 Posted by i_like_swords (26231 posts) - - Show Bio

Miraak bodies.

#28 Posted by Turr (1150 posts) - - Show Bio

Sauron laughs him out of existance. lol what a hillarious stomp.

Sauron would be a much better challenge for Harmeus Mora than Miraak. He is a god. Miraak is just a guy with some powers. Just look at what Sauron while being just a shadow in Dol Guldur could do. His very presence was melting reality away. Imagine what full power Sauron could do. This is just laughable.