No Caption Provided

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 juiceboks  Moderator

Team 2 everytime. They'd both beat Mako without much trouble and while Ming might be able to beat Zuko I don't see her beating Aang.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2 everytime. They'd both beat Mako without much trouble and while Ming might be able to beat Zuko I don't see her beating Aang.

Basically

Avatar image for justicethorpsylocke
justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Mako should be a challenge at least for Zuko, otherwise I agree

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 juiceboks  Moderator

@justicethorpsylocke: Ehh, kinda. It's a match that should go in Zuko's favor as lightning is useless and he's just a flat out better firebender.

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2 and it's not even close.

Pr0tocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pr0tocol

Could go either way

Edit: Didn't read OP..

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With Aang nerfed to just airbending i reckon Mako and Ming have a very good chance here, as Mako can at least match Zuko's firebending, although not surpass it, and Ming is a much more powerful and ruthless waterbender than any Aang and Zuko have come across before, i think. I'm pretty torn, i imagine it could go either way, but only really because of Aang's limitation.

Cosmic_Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Cosmic_Lantern

They've never seen someone on Mings level, with her agility i'd place her over in-char katara which is more than enough to pull some wins. She might not catch Aang offguard but I could see Zuko slipping.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1. Aang needs his versatility

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually I think this could go either way due to Aang's morals.

sineyaprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2, but it's a good fight.

Veravin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2. Book 3 zuko and beat mako

Aang beats ming hua

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 anthp2000  Moderator

@smoke-w: Which Zuko? Book 1? Book 3? Current? Is it morals on or off?

Marty2187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smoke-w: Why does everyone here assume that it'd end up being Zuko vs Mako?

Between them, neither has a clear advantage. Zuko is a stronger firebender and can redirect lightening. Mako is no slouch himself and can both shoot instant lightening and redirect it. If Mako shoots lightening at Zuko, it might end up going round and round between them until it fizzles out.

Anyway...

Scenario 1: Ming faces Zuko and Mako faces Aang. Team 1 wins here - given time, Aang can beat Mako, but I'm guessing Ming beats Zuko first. That's the disadvantage of airbending - it doesn't have any decisive finishing moves. With Zuko dealt with, Ming and Mako can double-team Aang.

Scenario 2: Ming vs Aang and Mako vs Zuko - could go either way, with Mako vs Zuko being the decisive factor. Ming and Aang can stalemate each-other indefinitely. Mako and Zuko's match would be relatively shorter. Since lightening wouldn't make much of a difference here, we can assume that its shot once, redirected a couple of times and then Mako decides its useless (unless it gets Zuko the second time, in which case its Team 1 wins). Zuko being a better firebender, he could win this - not fast, but faster than Aang. After which, he can join Aang and Team 2 wins.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 anthp2000  Moderator

I'll assume that it's current Zuko.

Scenario 1: Aang vs Ming Hua, Zuko vs Mako
Aang beats Ming Hua with extreme difficulty while Zuko beats Mako also extreme difficulty. Team 2 takes this.

Scenario 2: Zuko vs Ming Hua, Mako vs Aang
Ming Hua beats Zuko easily, Aang also beats Mako easily. However I see Aang's fight easier that Ming's so...
Basically, it's like:
Aang > Ming Hua >>> Zuko > Mako

Aang & Zuko take this 6 or 7/10

Marty2187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000:

Scenario 1: You sure about Zuko beating Mako? Mako's lightening skills are better than Zuko's. How much of an edge do you think those give him?

Scenario 2: My view is that Ming's fight would be easier. Even with morals off, airbending is still the least offensive type of bending. Even if Aang has a clear advantage, the very nature of airbending might make it a drawn out fight.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 anthp2000  Moderator

@marty2187:
Scenario 1: He is more skilled in firebending and can redirect lightning.
Scenario 2: Airbending is too OP. It can be really offensive if the user wants to and in the hands of a master like Aang with morals off...Well, yeah. I can argue on Aang being better with airbending that 4 elements Korra for example.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Team 2

Marty2187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000:

Scenario 1: Mako can redirect lightening too. As I recall, in the comics, Zuko redirected Azula's lightening at her, but was hit when Azula re-redirected it back.
Was that an opening or the element of surprise?

Scenario 2: You sure? Even offensively, airbending would just have blasts of air. Not exactly instantly lethal.

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang and Zuko

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@marty2187:

Scenario 1: If they go like that, then who knows how this will end? I didn't think of it that way. Good call.

I think that Azula knocked down Zuko simply because you can see, he didn't know that she had learned the technique, and was caught off guard. However, for all we know, he might get tired and unable to redirect more than once, and get hit. Anything is possible.

Scenario 2: It certainly isn't lethal by itself. But if Aang wants to, he is able to just blast the opponents to the walls, and floors and stuff. They will eventually get KOed or dead. We've seen what he can do if he wants to. Not to mention that airbending agility is too much.

(As much as it hurts me to say, cause Ming is one of my favourite characters :P)

Marty2187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000:

Scenario 1: If they go like that, then who knows how this will end? I didn't think of it that way. Good call.

Overall, I agree that Zuko can take Mako here - just wanted to hear your thoughs on the lightening redirection aspect.

Scenario 2: It certainly isn't lethal by itself. But if Aang wants to, he is able to just blast the opponents to the walls, and floors and stuff. They will eventually get KOed or dead. We've seen what he can do if he wants to. Not to mention that airbending agility is too much.

"Eventually" being the key-word here. I've no doubt that Aang can beat Mako, just like I've no doubt that Ming-Hua can beat Zuko. The question is, which match ends faster. And here's where I think that the inherent pacifism of airbending is at a disadvantage.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 anthp2000  Moderator

@marty2187: Fair enough.
Come to think of it, Ming has an agility somparable to that of airbenders. She will not get tagged easily even from Aang. Zuko should be able to overwhelm Mako before Aang overwhelms Ming Hua.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2. Zuko is just an all-around superior firebender to Mako, and lightning would be useless because both Aang and Zuko can redirect it, the only difference is Zuko will actually redirect it back to Mako. Aang may be restricted to air, but that's his strongest element and he's proven he can handle himself with that alone. At the very least, either can hold their own against Ming Hua until the other beats Mako and then it's 2-on-1.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2. Zuko vs Mako is Zuko easily. If the going gets tough, Zuko redirects the lightning towards Ming (Which kills her IIRC so he won't resort to that unless they are desperate) He is also a better bender/fighter.

Aang is Aang. He isn't losing to anyone here 1v1. If paired with Mako, he would see Zuko struggle and get serious. If paired with Ming he would be shocked at first at how ruthless she is, maybe talk to her. Then gets serious.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, morals on Aang is so inconsistent its hard to judge.

Probably Zuko and Aang as long as Aang fights Ming Hua. I could see the LOK team pulling some wins however.

Morals off Aang solos.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 anthp2000  Moderator

Team 2, Mako isn't on this tier. Zuko is not necessarily on Aang and Ming Hua's tier either, but he can compete.

Epicyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ming Hua is a non factor. ATLA benders stomp.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#34 JediXMan  Moderator

Team 2. The benders are just better. They're also going to be better teammates than Mako and Ming.

Marishtar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

Team 2. The benders are just better. They're also going to be better teammates than Mako and Ming.

+1

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 marvelfan1992  Online

I don’t think aang having only air is even a restriction or a hindrance, it’s his best element by far. I recently rewatched ATLA and most of the times he was knocked down or lost was when he decided to use earth or water to block instead of air or instead of dodging

ZazaFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epicyon said:

I hardly disagree Ming Hua is the 2nd best bender in this matchup and is easily one of the most ruthless character in LOK AND ATLA .

Epicyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Epicyon

@zazafrost said:
@epicyon said:

I hardly disagree Ming Hua is the 2nd best bender in this matchup and is easily one of the most ruthless character in LOK AND ATLA .

You are hilariously mistaken if you think she is above anyone here. She is an above average waterbender with an unorthodox and highly aggressive style that catches benders off guard along with thr fact that they are processing the fact that she can somehow bend with no arms. She only specializes in pathetic water whips and rushing opponents, hell she was only ever a threat because the plot had to super nerf Mako throughout the entirety of book 3 otherwise she would've died in Zaofu. Like the rest of the Red Lotus she wasn't dangerous because she was on some unreachable mastery of bending, she was dangerous because of how special and extremely rare her technique was, but all that is rendered useless sense the benders of ATLA were in a league of their own and frankly they put all of the LoK benders and their "modern" way of fighting to shame. Then she loses especially because:

• Ming focuses on agility and closing the distance and against Aang here agility will be nothing so it's game over from the get go
  • She can't possibly hope to ever outbend Zuko in speed or ferocity and he's familiar with actual waterbending from the best
Cs1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marty2187: Please stop assuming airbending has some sort of hinderance on offensive abilities. Have you seen Tenzin? Zaheer? If Aang gets serious and this morals off, he could very well kill ming hua. His airbending against Ozai was simply incredible, it seems your downplaying the element simply to make the fight even. Zuko also beats Mako in every case because he is better in almost every category.

Wrathofthebrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Tektonic

@epicyon said:
@zazafrost said:
@epicyon said:

You are hilariously mistaken if you think she is above anyone here. She is an above average waterbender with an unorthodox and highly aggressive style that catches benders off guard along with thr fact that they are processing the fact that she can somehow bend with no arms. She only specializes in pathetic water whips and rushing opponents, hell she was only ever a threat because the plot had to super nerf Mako throughout the entirety of book 3 otherwise she would've died in Zaofu. Like the rest of the Red Lotus she wasn't dangerous because she was on some unreachable mastery of bending, she was dangerous because of how special and extremely rare her technique was, but all that is rendered useless sense the benders of ATLA were in a league of their own and frankly they put all of the LoK benders and their "modern" way of fighting to shame. Then she loses especially because:

• Ming focuses on agility and closing the distance and against Aang here agility will be nothing so it's game over from the get go
  • She can't possibly hope to ever outbend Zuko in speed or ferocity and he's familiar with actual waterbending from the best

Oh hey there Oparu/Huskii/Znikt it's been a while. Still trolling I see.

Epicyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epicyon said:

@tektonic: You forgot captain salt you dummy

Well that's a confirmation if I've ever seen one ;)

Epicyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic said:
@epicyon said:

Now you're an imbecile if I've ever seen one because I am neither of those names. Your kind loves assuming someone is an alt. Alt hunts must be a popular sport here.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epicyon said:
@tektonic said:
@epicyon said:

Now you're an imbecile if I've ever seen one because I am neither of those names. Your kind loves assuming someone is an alt. Alt hunts must be a popular sport here.

"Your kind" woah woah CV racism right here. Now let's see:

• Hates Ming Hua
  • Hates the Red Lotus
  • Loves Mako
  • Worships Zuko
  • Has a grudge against LOK
  • Ergo we know it's you, you didn't even bother to change the way you write, or the same points you made on other accounts
Epicyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Epicyon

@tektonic said:
@epicyon said:
@tektonic said:
@epicyon said:

"Your kind" woah woah CV racism right here. Now let's see:

• Hates Ming Hua
  • Hates the Red Lotus
  • Loves Mako
  • Worships Zuko
  • Has a grudge against LOK
  • Ergo we know it's you, you didn't even bother to change the way you write, or the same points you made on other accounts
  • When did I state that
  • Not even true P'Li and Zaheer are good
  • Likes* Mako
  • How?
  • Don't like it as much as ATLA
  • We?

All of your points are unfounded and completely made up seeing as this is literally the ONLY Avatar related thread I have ever posted in so how could you come to the conclusion I'm an alt? You're delusional.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epicyon said:

When did I state that

Not even true P'Li and Zaheer are good

Likes* Mako

How?

Don't like it as much as ATLA

We?

Did I say you stated that?

Odd considering your criticism's of Ming Hua can be directed at Zaheer. Point for P'li though.

Hyperbole.

Hyperbole

Clearly.

The many ATLA/LOK users who are all too familiar with what is going on.

All of your points are unfounded and completely made up seeing as this is literally the ONLY Avatar related thread I have ever posted in so how could you come to the conclusion I'm an alt? You're delusional.

Of course this is the "only" avatar related thread you've posted in, you've only had this account for a little over two weeks. Insults online, so tiresome.

Epicyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic said:
@epicyon said:

When did I state that

Not even true P'Li and Zaheer are good

Likes* Mako

How?

Don't like it as much as ATLA

We?

Did I say you stated that?

Odd considering your criticism's of Ming Hua can be directed at Zaheer. Point for P'li though.

Hyperbole.

Hyperbole

Clearly.

The many ATLA/LOK users who are all too familiar with what is going on.

Of course this is the "only" avatar related thread you've posted in, you've only had this account for a little over two weeks. Insults online, so tiresome.

So I can't like a character because I think their bending is inferior to anothers? You are insignificant and I tire of responding to your stupidity. Continue your witch hunt elsewhere with your non existent audience of ATLA/LOK users

Oreoghoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lilcabbage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers