Avatar image for jedisupermaster
#101 Edited by Jedisupermaster (1811 posts) - - Show Bio

@a1l_s2a3m4e5n said:

@Jedisupermaster: @josepgomes619:

Minato and raikage are same age.

Minato hadnt mastered rasengan when he fought A, neither did he use FTG level 2. And ur prime A couldnt tag obito (not even once).

Not to mention that minato became a jinchuriki a few minutes b4 his death. He could bijuu dama A into oblivion. Not to mention contract seals to remove trouble some abilities from his opponents (same thing he did to make sure obito could no longer control kurama).

Wow so now you think kakashi is faster than minato. DMS didnt increase kakashis spd it only allowed him access to susano, kamui shuriken and hiding btw dimensions and kamui chidori, he literally had no spd feats. Madara (so6p) is the only incarnation of madara faster than minato, and even at that, he only had reaction spd (ie dodging attacks and then countering. He never blitzed anyone).

Same with kaguya.

STOP LOWBALLING MINATO. YOU WONT GET ANYTHING OUT OF IT. OTHER THAN BEING CALLED, TRL, LWBALR.

1. So what? That doesnt change the fact they both were featless at that moment. And Minato probably died before achieving his prime, or probably not. Anyway, they were both featless when they had confrontations.

2. Adult Obito is >>>>>> base Minato in speed and reaction. He has much better feats. The Obito who fought Minato was young, featless and far below his prime.

3. How much better is FTG level 2 to the one he used against Raikage? And how much faster he became after that?

4. Prove that Minato could use Kurama's chakra when he got it. And "just before he died", well, it could be the Minato who fought Obito.

5. Contract seals, as i know, has nothing to do with abilities, but ok, maybe i am wrong. It is up to you to prove otherwise. And it is up to you to prove Minato could tag prime Ei as easily as he taged younger Ei numerous times.

6. Rikudou Kakashi is tiers above Minato's speed, if that what you are talking about. You better re-read the manga. Because it seems you dont know what you are talking about.

7. EMS Madara was faster than Minato. Madara has much better speed feats than Minato, realy. If you wanna debate about that, go to Madara Uchiha vs Minato Namikaze thread. Any vertion of Madara, except MS Madara, is faster than Minato.

8. SoSP Madara blitzed Sage Mode Edo Minato in 3 hits. And i wanna add that even 7 Gates Guy was faster than Sage Mode Edo Minato, because he did much better against SoSP Madara.

And looooool, Kaguya? You wanna mention her here? She can kill an army of Minato's easily. An army .

Plus, this thread is not about her, or SoSP Madara.

I am not lowballing Minato - its a fact his speed is overrated. He is not, and never has been, the fastest shinobi of all time.

But Itachi has even worse speed feats than Minato. KCM Naruto wasnt as fast as when he fought Raikage, because he made many clones and send them to battlefields of 4th Shinobi World War. And Itachi reacted to Kirin only thanks to his MS precognition.

#102 Posted by A1l_S2a3m4E5N (2159 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Featless? Raikage who admitted he lost everytime and came to believe no one could defeat minato, begs to differ.

2. Assumption. Obito could barely survive taijutsu against kakashi. (Whom minato is alot faster than). Taijutsu with minato=7uicide (he'll mark ur body and blitz. No one has countered minatos FTG when his marking was actually on their body and not thrown with kunai).

3. V2 armour was dodged by naruto, and ei said "you're the 2ND person to dodge my FASTEST punch" who was the 1st? Minato without FTG 2, Sagemode and bijuu mode.

4. Minato never train to control kuramas chakra. Unless you want to claim he trained in shinigamis stomach. Dude he knw about how a bijuu is controlled and pvt kushina into his fuin jutsu formular.

5. Cntract seal made obito unable to control kurama. Kakashi said with his own mouth that bijuu mode naruto is minatos equal in terms of spd.

Bm narutor spd>>>kcm naruto (the one that counter v2 ei.)

6. You go and re-read manga, he didnt use any spd techniques to attack.

#103 Posted by A1l_S2a3m4E5N (2159 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jedisupermaster:

Read the (my) post b4 this one.

6<CONTD>. Kakashi didnt use spd for anything. Twas susanoo, kamui shuriken, hiding btw dimensions, and kamui chidori (in order he performed them). No spd feats in sight.

7. EMS madara lost to hashirama dude. Tobirama was praised as the fastest ninja alive @ the time. And minato is faster than tobirama so...

8. That was what i referd to as reaction spd.

A blitz is defined as a sudden ferocious attack at high spds.

Madara never did that.

9. When i mentioned Kaguya, i referd to spd (any moron knws kaguya would destroy any naruto charactes 1-on-1. And without pis she wouldve stomped NARUSUKE), read and undrstand b4 u rebuttal someones post.

10. U are lowballing by claiming that Ei is faster when proof 3rom manga begs to differ. Even Ei admitted this. "theres been non faster than me since the 4th hokage!".

11. Itachi released susano at lightning fast spd (raikages spd).

12. In his time he was the "fastest ninja of all time" (no one can race him).

#104 Posted by ancient_god (6567 posts) - - Show Bio

Itachi

#105 Posted by bull909 (252 posts) - - Show Bio

I initially was going to say Itachi, but it just occurred to me that Minato managed to land a hit on Tobi and removed the seal that binds the Kyuubi from Tobi.

I am not saying Tobi = Itachi because they have each have a different fighting style. I just feel like Itachi will have a very difficult time pinpointing Minato and attack him effectively.

#106 Posted by Sy8000 (35191 posts) - - Show Bio

Itachi. Minato is overrated.

#107 Posted by ComicStooge (22062 posts) - - Show Bio

Itachi. Minato is overrated.

With Kurama's Yin Half, he'd win.

#108 Posted by SinnTek1 (2314 posts) - - Show Bio

@xan84 said:

Minato is the version just before he died.

Itachi is the version just before he died. Itachi is NOT blind and he is NOT sick.

Both of them are going full out. Let's asume that they think they are fighting to defend the village (Minato) and defending Sasuke (itachi). So they belive the other is going to kill Sasuke or destroy the village.

So what do you think ? Who would take the win ?

Itachi takes this.

Pretty sure EOD Itachi was a lot stronger than Minato. I'm just guessing though.

It would be a close fight.

#109 Posted by kgb725 (18728 posts) - - Show Bio

Minato stomps

#110 Posted by Just_Banter (12389 posts) - - Show Bio

Minato wrecks Itachi, his teleportation jutsu was ridiculous

#111 Posted by Sy8000 (35191 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge: On what grounds? Also he doesn't have Kurama's Yin half here.

#112 Posted by 44orhsaJ (1579 posts) - - Show Bio

I really want to side with Itachi but stamina is the only problem.....

#113 Posted by ComicStooge (22062 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge: On what grounds? Also he doesn't have Kurama's Yin half here.

Genjutsu won't work, Amaterasu won't work, Totsuka blade won't pierce him/he can dodge it and the Yata Mirror doesn't have the feats to suggest it could survive a Tailed Beast Bomb.

#114 Edited by Sy8000 (35191 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge: Why wouldn't Amaterasu work? And why wouldn't the Totsuka Blade hurt him? And how does he avoid fireballs or resist something as powerful as Izami?

And remind me when he used Bijuu bombs?

#116 Edited by ComicStooge (22062 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser: Kurama's chakra deflected Amaterasu off Naruto. The Totsuka blade needs to pierce it's target to seal them. It can't pierce Kurama's cloak. Izunami wouldnt do jack to Minato, considering he's not conflicted about anything and would just accept it straight up. Plus, Izunami takes time to prepare.

You're telling me a guy who teleports can't avoid basic fire style?

#117 Posted by DarkSlumber (426 posts) - - Show Bio

@thitiki: Minato has tons of ways too deal with Susano'o.

Itachi can't maintain Susano'o for a long period of time due to the eye strain of MS. Which Means Minato just outlasts the Susano'o by avoiding all the attacks rather easily.

If you remember Minato can just send Itachi's Attacks right back at him with the Space Time Barrier which means Susano'o is gonna be damaged.

If Itachi gets Marked it's game over. He gets teleported out of Susano'o or Minato just teleports into Susano'o and slits his throat.

If it comes to it which I don't even see it happening Minato useses Reaper Death Seal and it's the end for Itachi.

Minato wins this with some Difficulty.

KCM Minato and Bijuu Mode Minato is just plain out Godstomps.

#118 Posted by Sy8000 (35191 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge: But Naruto's way more powerful than Minato. Why wouldn't it piece Kurama's cloak? The only showing it has against piercing damage is against the sword of Kushangi which is specifically inferior to the Totsuka blade. I think Izami will at least throw him off. Itachi will have plenty of time to activate Izami given he's faster and has Sharingan to read Minato's moves so he can stepside Minato all day or just chillax inside Susanoo.

Itachi could just burn his kunai. Also he has shadow clones so he can possibly just surround Minato and have all his clones fire if you want to reach a bit.

#119 Posted by ComicStooge (22062 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser: He can only read Minato's movements. If he starts using chakra arms, Itachi's screwed.

Naruto had half the 9 tails chakra while Minato had the other half. Besides, it was only a basic chakra cloak that deflected it. Itachi's sword is only superior because it can deal people, it doesn't have superior cutting power.

#120 Posted by ComicStooge (22062 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser: Plus, if he uses Izunagi he loses one of his eyes

#121 Edited by Sy8000 (35191 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge: Minato never used Chakra arms.

But Naruto had six paths powers at the time and Sasuke was weakene when he used it. The Totsuka sword has also been identified as having better cutting power by handbooks. Also worth noting it cut through Nagato using Asura paths powers which make him durable enough to tank punches from full sized Choji.

I guess he'll just have to deal with only one eye then. It's not a huge loss seeing as the ones he has barely work.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
#122 Posted by Simon_the_digger (7054 posts) - - Show Bio

Minato.

#123 Edited by ComicStooge (22062 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser said:

@comicstooge: Minato never used Chakra arms.

But Naruto had six paths powers at the time and Sasuke was weakene when he used it. The Totsuka sword has also been identified as having better cutting power by handbooks. Also worth noting it cut through Nagato using Asura paths powers which make him durable enough to tank punches from full sized Choji.

I guess he'll just have to deal with only one eye then. It's not a huge loss seeing as the ones he has barely work.

Where in the handbook did it say it had better cutting power?

He wasn't using Six Path's Chakra Mode at the time. All it was was the V1 cloak. The chakra catches it and pushes the flames off his body. Naruto himself was as exhausted as Sasuke, if not moreso given he fought for much longer.

No Caption Provided

And Naruto's 4-Tailed state blocked a blade capable of hurting the diamond hard Enma.

And anyway, he can use Sage Mode. Frog Kata means he'll get hit in the face even if he dodges.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The Raikage proved capable of avoiding Sasuke's Amaterasu and Sasuke is far better at using the black flames than Itachi ever was. Minato, especially with Yin Kurama/Sage Mode has faster reflexes than the Raikage and can teleport to boot.

He would not get hit by Itachi's Amaterasu and even if he was, the V1 cloak would handle it.

#124 Posted by Sy8000 (35191 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge: This is getting a bit off topic. Minato doesn't have Kurama's chakra here.

#125 Posted by RolandAlderas (1925 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge: This is getting a bit off topic. Minato doesn't have Kurama's chakra here.

And without it, I'm not seeing a way Minato can avoid being placed in a genjutsu. With the cloak, he would be able to break free by using Kurama's chakra. Since he doesn't have it here, Itachi would likely catch him in a form of genjutsu and end the fight that way.

#126 Edited by bull909 (252 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the only way for Minato to lose is via Amaterasu (because Minato doesn't have chakra cloak), I don't see Minato getting caught in a genjutsu that easily when he moves so fast. Most likely he will use it to attack Itachi from blind spots.

#127 Posted by PrinceAli (1 posts) - - Show Bio

This fight between Minato and Itachi would be very close. Both are renowned geniuses, two of the smartest ninja's ever. Amatarasu and Tsukuyomi would probably be useless against Minato because of his speed, so that just leaves itachi's Susanoo. First we must realize that Itachi and Minato are not Naruto and Sasuke and do not have near infinite chakra, but Minato has better control of his jutsu as they do not strain his body. Minato is also pretty handy with his tagging of his teleportation sign so Itachi could not locate all of them as seen with the Raikage and Bee vs Minato. Itachi in his Susanoo has an amazing shield and an unstoppable sealing sword which would be very difficult for Minato to get through. If he wanted he could be a little b*tch and hide, but that does not seem like Minato. We must also remember that Minato had sage mode, an uncompleted version, before he died, he just never used it. However, Itachi has Shisui's eye as well which he could use without Minato being aware, but he's pretty alert. Minato also has reaper death seal and itachi has izanami(which probably wouldn't work cause I think it only works on these with evil desires, it's not forever) and most likely izanagi. Overall I would see Minato winning, but if Itachi were to use izanagi at one point in the battle and then replace the old eye with Shisui's he would just destroy everyone.

Honestly, if you could have eternal MS by replacing your with anyone's ES (not just siblings), Itachi would have been the strongest person in the series. If he replaced his eyes with Shisui's and could use Kotoamatsukami without any breaks, he could have taken the other eye from Danzo, killed him (cause I fuc*ing hate Danzo for what he did, he's the reason Itachi killed all the Uchiha) stopped the plot of the Uchiha with his jutsu, killed obito, killed pain, and basically everyone. Honestly the only person that could beat that Itachi would be Naruto cause genjutsu does not work on full-fledged junchuriki let alone one who has all 9 inside of him.

So Minato unless Itachi used Shisui's eye

Avatar image for exquisitedowngrader
#128 Posted by EXQUISITEDowngrader (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Minato. I'm pretty sure he can just seal Itachi off...

#129 Posted by SirSas5201 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Beggining of the fight itachi does Tskuyomi Boom minato is a gonner.

and can not escape it

#130 Posted by Criostomp (256 posts) - - Show Bio

Even at EoS we don't know enough about Minato to really see where he stands. Using my own info I honestly can't come to a logical conclusion about who would win that fight. However, IF it's true that Minato was the greatest Hokage, that would put him above the Hashirama, who was only slightly better than Madara, who I'm fairly certain was at least slightly better than Itachi. If Minato>Hashirama>Madara>Itachi, then most likely, Minato>Itachi.

I give it to Minato based on that, but it's still a rather tough fight to call.

#131 Edited by vinay96kumar (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Please do read till the end

Minato may have less offensive techniques than itachi but in defense he is the best we have known among all hokages and others ninjas as he can dodge,repel,divert all type of attacks.he is also known as genius and like shikamaru or even in better way he examins opponents abilities and weakness on the battle field and strategies his attacks calmly, not to mention itachi is also a cool player.

First itachi would go with taijutsu using his clones in which he fails as minato even defeated raiKAGE who is incredibly strong and fast, but again itachi may cast his genjutsu on minato while fighting, but minato is not like others who rushes to attack and fall for genjutsu, he may not know about itachi but he will have an idea about sharingan and its powers afterall he is hokage and is their any record of a kage who lost their fight by genjutsu except that stupid danzo.

Now when he cant stand upto minatos taijutsu itachi uses his amaterasu which will be little difficult to dodge but minato has teleportation jutsu with which he can escape instantly to his marked kunai Knifes or some other place away from battle field and as itachi cant use his amaterasu continuously he should form his susano as a defence against minatos speed and teleportation attacks.

But unlike Madara Uchiha itachi cannot form susano with legs which leaves it in one place or it may move very slowly like in fight with sasuke, now minato can dodge susanos attacks whatever they may be easily.

A genius like minato would know that such a power like susano wont last much time so he would wait or he may use some kind of seal to stop it, either ways he gets to strike after susano disappear....and thats it minato wins.

(Dont forget he can summon toads same as jiraya and naruto and can use techniques which erases memories like in the movie)

Sorry if i mentioned something wrong I am not so good in english and please reply.

#132 Posted by Noone301994 (22169 posts) - - Show Bio

Itachi.

#133 Edited by pateuvasiliu (902 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah, the eternal fanboy debate.

After the latest Manga Chapters that show Minato knows Kage Bunshin and Sage Mode, he wrecks.

Sage Mode means Frog Song, which means the only tactic Itachi had that kept him alive ( Susanoo held up 24/7 ) is now useless.

Apart from that, Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu get avoided with FTG or clone feinted.

In Taijutsu and CQC Minato wrecks him.

If Minato feels like going Yolo he can also send a clone to Itachi's Susanoo, FTG it away and then blitz Itachi.

He's a tier above him.

''Minato not knowing about Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu''

Tsukuyomi is just a strong genjutsu and operates the same as regular sharingan genjutsu- you have to look into Itachi's eyes.

Amaterasu isn't a factor. Ay dodged it and he's much slower than Minato.

#134 Posted by ALMIGHTY (3329 posts) - - Show Bio

Minato rapes

#135 Edited by Leo-343 (30909 posts) - - Show Bio

Mary Sue's Dad.

#136 Posted by kgb725 (18728 posts) - - Show Bio
#137 Posted by SSJ2Gohan (156 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say Minato

#138 Posted by Reversal (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Itachi was stated to be invincible.

He will put minato in a genjutsu. Not with his sharingan but with his finger, itachi can cast a genjutsu just by pointing his finger.

If that doesn't work, minato can't even touch itachi due to his susano'o and op said he's not sick! Well that is insane.. sick itachi will put a great fight. But healthy itachi? Umm im not sure with that amount of chakra itachi would beat the crap out of minato.

Healthy itachi was stated to be as strong as madara without his rinnegan.

#139 Edited by KCMinato (2458 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge: just before minato died version has kurama chakara ?

#140 Posted by KCMinato (2458 posts) - - Show Bio

I say itachi takes this only with genjutsu and susanoo

#141 Edited by rickythanos (1570 posts) - - Show Bio

Itachi is a heavy hitter, but he can't cast genjutsu or use amaterasu on someone he can't make eye contact with or even get a good look at. Minato is physically just too fast in combat. It's like when Sasuke and Lee fought. Sasuke sharingan didn;t do him any good because his body just wasn't fast enough to react. That is the exact situation itachi would be in here.

Even Susanoo, which i usually say makes the Uchiha immune to speed blitzes is not usefule here. Minato doesn't need to break it; he could easily just Shunshin inside the Susanoo apparition, and KO itachi with a Rasengan or throw him out of his Susanoo (like Gaara has with Sasuke and Madara)

Also, at this point in the series, Minato MUST have already known Senjutsu techniques. There would have been literally no other time he could have learned it after this, since he was in the Shinagami's belly.

#142 Posted by sophia89 (19802 posts) - - Show Bio
#143 Posted by sophia89 (19802 posts) - - Show Bio

Minato, he is much faster.

#144 Posted by Sy8000 (35191 posts) - - Show Bio

@sophia89: Minato doesn't really have speed feats that don't pertain to teleportation so I'm not seeing how he's faster.

#145 Posted by pateuvasiliu (902 posts) - - Show Bio

@44orhsaj: Let me make it easy for you then, because Minato has much more than just Stamina.

Amaterasu/Tsukuyomi are countered by clone feinting and FTG. ( Ay dodged Amaterasu and he's slower than Minato ).

Susanoo can be teleported away ( followed by a blitz ) via a clone and FTG.

Alternatively, Minato can use Sage Mode, summon Ma and Pa and use Frog Song, which ends the fight.

#146 Posted by pateuvasiliu (902 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedisupermaster: ''Obito >>> Alive Minato in speed ''

Orly, then why did Kakashi stomp him in Taijutsu, despite Kakashi being slower than Minato?

GG no re.

#147 Posted by sophia89 (19802 posts) - - Show Bio

@sophia89: Minato doesn't really have speed feats that don't pertain to teleportation so I'm not seeing how he's faster.

He has plenty actually:

• Out ran all the Hokages&Sasuke to the battlefield by a good margin.
  • Reacted to attacks and blitzed Raikage who is at least lighting timer before he can even move an inch.
  • His teleportation is instant and it leaves no traces, his footsteps movements though are so fast it leaves a yellow flash to people watching.
  • Beat Tobi/obito in speed.
  • As a kid he blitzed a bunch of cloud ninja.

#148 Edited by rickythanos (1570 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser said:

Because he uses it fluidly in combat.

Also, he has a lot of feats (that sophia listed) that go beyond just his ability to teleport.

#149 Posted by Sy8000 (35191 posts) - - Show Bio

@sophia89:

1. That's just travel speed.

2. That was done with teleportation and he didn't blitz anyone, just catch him off guard with teleportation and get him in a bad position. Itachi avoided Bee who has better speed feats than his brother.

3. Again, this isn't individual speed.

4. Obito was a fearless teenager then.

5. No he didn'tz

#150 Edited by Cosmic_Lantern (5668 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser: Even if it is teleportation, hows itatchi stop the blitz?