#1 Posted by xan84 (4232 posts) - - Show Bio

Minato is the version just before he died. 
Itachi is the version just before he died. Itachi is NOT blind and he is NOT sick. 

Both of them are going full out. Let's asume that they think they are fighting to defend the village (Minato) and defending Sasuke (itachi). So they belive the other is going to kill Sasuke or destroy the village. 

So what do you think ? Who would take the win ?
#2 Posted by xan84 (4232 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
#3 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23389 posts) - - Show Bio

When Minato was around, other villages had their regiments instigate a flee-on-site order. If you saw Minato, you ran, because he would kill you. 

Itachi was feared, sure. But seeing Minato was a death sentence. 

In short; Minato stomps.

#4 Posted by JThree47693 (2721 posts) - - Show Bio

This would be a good fight, I'm going to have to think about this for a while.

#5 Posted by Spellca2 (594 posts) - - Show Bio
@JThree47693 said:
"This would be a good fight, I'm going to have to think about this for a while."

Not really, if the other villages had to set up a system of orders making their shinobi flee upon seeing Minato...then he has deserved that order. He would wipe the floor with Itachi Uchiha.
Avatar image for lord_oraculous016
#6 Posted by lord_oraculous016 (9444 posts) - - Show Bio

Minato..

but Itachi would put up a great fight..

#7 Posted by FLCL1 (9479 posts) - - Show Bio

who is minato and why can itahi mindrape him?
#8 Posted by xan84 (4232 posts) - - Show Bio

I am going to put this simple. How is Minato going to hurt Itachi when no attack can hit Itachi and Itachi can 1 shoot Minato aka Susano with the 2 spirit weapons ??
#9 Posted by FLCL1 (9479 posts) - - Show Bio
@Xan said:
"I am going to put this simple. How is Minato going to hurt Itachi when no attack can hit Itachi and Itachi can 1 shoot Minato aka Susano with the 2 spirit weapons ?? "

thank you, only logical person in thread. lol
Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
#10 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23389 posts) - - Show Bio
@Xan said:
" I am going to put this simple. How is Minato going to hurt Itachi when no attack can hit Itachi and Itachi can 1 shoot Minato aka Susano with the 2 spirit weapons ?? "
Why can no attack hurt Itachi? 

Minato is the Yellow Flash, he didn't get that name because his opponents had time to prepare for him...
#11 Posted by jacobyLIVE (1983 posts) - - Show Bio

Minato

#12 Posted by Glasgow (138 posts) - - Show Bio
@Xan said:
" I am going to put this simple. How is Minato going to hurt Itachi when no attack can hit Itachi and Itachi can 1 shoot Minato aka Susano with the 2 spirit weapons ?? "
Well if you put it like that, weren't you going for spite?
#13 Posted by xan84 (4232 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Xan said:
Why can no attack hurt Itachi?   Minato is the Yellow Flash, he didn't get that name because his opponents had time to prepare for him... "

Minato is not faster then a lighting bolt and Itachi was able to summon Susano before a lighting bolt was able to hit the ground. And why is he invincible with Susano ? here : 

Itachi completly invincible => http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/393/09/ 
Keep in mind that in this battle he was blind and almosed dead from his sikness. 

Now realy how OVERPOWRED was he ? I mean he probably can take on Pein.

@Glasgow said:
" @Xan said:
Well if you put it like that, weren't you going for spite?"

Well i am thinking that Minato was one of the greatest. The guy that maid the manga said he was the greatest Hokage. So i was thinking can any1 find something to go around Susano? 

Perhaps the dead god jutsu could be used here but how the hell is Minato going to get close to use it.

#14 Posted by FLCL1 (9479 posts) - - Show Bio

can i see some of minato feats that suggest he can beat itahci
#15 Posted by D3athstroke (5113 posts) - - Show Bio
@FLCL1 said:
" can i see some of minato feats that suggest he can beat itahci "
He is not Uchiha 
#16 Edited by FLCL1 (9479 posts) - - Show Bio
@D3athstroke said:
"@FLCL1 said:
" can i see some of minato feats that suggest he can beat itahci "
He is not Uchiha  "

no sh!t
#17 Posted by FLCL1 (9479 posts) - - Show Bio

lol
#18 Edited by Braise (1306 posts) - - Show Bio

We don't know enough of Minato's jutsu to say precisely how'd he'd win. But he's a genius/prodigy, mastered a crapload of forbidden jutsus, is really effin fast, and is renown as being the greatest hokage ever by the creator of the series. I mean, this guy sealed the kyuubi on the fly.

#19 Posted by ComicStooge (22062 posts) - - Show Bio

Minato wins here...

#20 Posted by tensor (8358 posts) - - Show Bio

until they prove other wise i am going with itachi so far from what i have seen he is the man an naruto an sasuke are the it now in naruto an both of there powers what they have came from 1 man itachi unless they give more enough on this guy itachi ftw speed alone won't help here

#21 Posted by Sling Shot (3859 posts) - - Show Bio

So far in the Anime, We have been exposed to Itachi in a number of instaces that showcased his potential and power. I mean we were exposed to the specifics of how Itachi operated ; strengths , weaknesses, modus operandi etc...Minako is legendary has earned the respect and fear of powerful shinobi throughout the whole Narutoverse, but we haven't been exposed to him in action as intimately as with Itachi....therefore a strong opinion about the winner of the fight could be reached... BUT a strong argument to support it isn't as readily available due to lack of action to reference for MInato.......Sure things can be inferred but enough data is not available to choose a winner.
#22 Posted by Postacrat (720 posts) - - Show Bio

Minato held the Kyuubi back to a stand still forcing Madara Uchiha the greatest Uchiha to confront him personally in battle, Minato bested Madara forcing him to admit he truly deserved the title of Hokage.  Madara may have pailed in comparison to his former power due to his battle with Hashirama Senju, but he still was considered one of the mightiest and his eternal Mangakeyo shinnigan still works despite this.  Itachi was trained secondly by Madara to use his abilities to a greater degree, Itachi did not trust Madara and would have killed him if he could have.  Itachi could not stop Madara so he served beaneath him until he could find a way to beat him.  If Itachi could not stop Madara he could not stop Minato PERIOD!  Read the Manga it's all there, Minnato has feats comparable to Tiburama Senju.  Uchiha use cheap tricks to win they have powerful potential but in the end the Shinnigan can be bested, the Senju prove this....Itachi is great but not unbeatable just another arrogant Uchiha.
#23 Posted by HellRay (18 posts) - - Show Bio

minato, especally since he went toe to toe with madara, the baddest bad ass uchiha that strength alone feared the elders into condeming the whole clan. 
On a related-ish note, what sort of power did itachi give naruto via crow in his mouth. all I know is that it was the intention of stopping/helping sasuke in the battle to come. P.S. super synched fox naruto v.s. complete sharingan sasuke, get that  thread started naruto fans.
#24 Posted by spartan92 (2804 posts) - - Show Bio

if minato could hit madara with a rasengan +  flying thunder god technique then he should have no problem hitting itachi.
#25 Posted by BlessedbyHorus (6300 posts) - - Show Bio

Minato.

He can use time and space Justus.

#26 Posted by Kamikage (13 posts) - - Show Bio

I suppose if Minato marked Itachi with a seal, he could easily get into his defenses and cause some lethal damage. The Susannoo [sic] is not impregnable afterall.

#27 Posted by slimj87d (15634 posts) - - Show Bio

Minato.

People also forget the strain that Susanoo has. It's not something you can hold up unless if you are like Edo Madara/Iatchi or have EMS. Using Susannoo will strain Itachi's eyes and Minato with his space time jitsu can hold Itachi off long enough.

#28 Posted by ALMIGHTY (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

Minato wins with ease, seeing as we now know Susanoo can be broken (Thanks Tsunade) I'm giving the fight to Minato, Via Flying Thunder God Technique....

#29 Posted by terry2012 (9802 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D:

@ALMIGHTY:

@Postacrat:

@Jax009: This

#30 Posted by goodguy24 (689 posts) - - Show Bio

Minato

#31 Posted by dwade (68 posts) - - Show Bio

not enought info but itachi is cooler soo ... minato wins lol

Avatar image for imtheamazingspiderman
#32 Posted by ImTheAmazingSpiderman (74 posts) - - Show Bio

Itachi is super overated if you ask me. Not as much as Sasuke, but he shouldn't stand a chance against Minato.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
#33 Posted by Simon_the_digger (7048 posts) - - Show Bio

Minato

#34 Posted by Morguue (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Those are my thoughts, if you are to read please read til the end. I would love to hear what you think.

Okay this is my theory. Please read til the end if you have started as I will explain everything. If Minato would feel like Itachi is overpowering him and is close to the win he would (if we take Minato's consciousness into consideration) he would want to seal him off with him because he would think he is a threat to the ninja world and he would obviously think that no one else could beat him. If Itachi were to finish off Minato well he would most probably be out of chakra and would be extremely close to death due to his medical condition. If this fight would of happened when both were in their prime, well Minato wouldn't have Kyuubi mode so I think its stupid to say he is stronger because of that. Just think about what we know about both characters, yes Minato is exrtemely fast due to his teleportation technique but what would let him get inside the Susano'o, a normal Rasengan won't break it we all know that. Minato would also know of the Mangekyou Sharingan so he would be clever enough not to look into his eyes. That being said, the only weakness Minato could have is the amaterasu if Itachi uses it well (what I mean is, Itachi would get to discover his kunai teleportation technqiue and would try to burn them and if Minato were to teleport again (due to a Susano'o attack or Katon or whatever) he would just cast Amaterasu on the last remaining. Now we all know Minato and he's always got a card up his sleeve (some could say he would teleport to the seal he put onto Kushina to get away, but that would just be cowardness in my opinion..). Both are extremely gifted ninjas and you can't tell who would win because you saw one use his techniques agaisnt an other opponent in the episodes. If Minato were to be able to get a win it would be by him getting to counter the defense of Susano'o and probably applying a seal on Itachi to finish him off. The way I would see Itachi winning, would be pin-pointing all of Minato's seal's (except Kushina's) and using a jutsu such as a Katon or Yasaka Magatama or such to get him to teleport, then strike with Susano'o's sealing sword and if he teleports (I did say Itachi would know where all the seals were) he would just wait that precise second he would teleport to get him with Amatersu. But for a duel do go for that long both would probably be near death in the end.. Both are geniuses and that is why it is so hard to compare. Itachi also has really fast speed and reflexes so that is why its hard. They both are alike in some point but don't use the same justu. My opinion is that Itachi would win because he was gifted with a better hereditary gift, thus being the Sharingan leading to the Mangekyou and Susano'o and its perks. Yes Minato will teleport out of his attacks but when will he attack? The reason this is so complicated is because no one will get to assume that their favorite character will loose their focus for that one milisecond and get hit because the first to get hit or run out of chakra will win. That is why I think Itachi has a greater chance of winning (I am not saying he would win each time if they were to fight multiple times) but he better chances than Minato who wasn't awarded a Kekkei Genkai such as Itachi's. I am ready to listen to anything anyone has to say on my theory and I won't hate, its my opinion, take it or leave but I want to know what you think about it.

#35 Edited by jodema (892 posts) - - Show Bio

Itachi.

It's been stated that Susano'o can be broken due to Tsunade proving it so.

No. Tsunade has much more physical strength and force than Minato.

Itachi is privy to Minato. He knows about his jutsu. However, Minato isn't exactly knowledgeable of Itachi's techniques. This is a significant advantage. The sharingan is capable of reading swift movements, especially Itachi's sharingan which has been honed to perfection since a young age. Also, Izanami is capable of rendering Minato useless.

This could go either way, of course, but I see Itachi as a more likely wn.

#36 Posted by GhostRavage (14925 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this Minato isn't Naruto's Minato. Or is it?

#37 Posted by patrat18 (11717 posts) - - Show Bio

@jodema said:

Itachi.

It's been stated that Susano'o can be broken due to Tsunade proving it so.

No. Tsunade has much more physical strength and force than Minato.

Itachi is privy to Minato. He knows about his jutsu. However, Minato isn't exactly knowledgeable of Itachi's techniques. This is a significant advantage. The sharingan is capable of reading swift movements, especially Itachi's sharingan which has been honed to perfection since a young age. Also, Izanami is capable of rendering Minato useless.

This could go either way, of course, but I see Itachi as a more likely wn.

I do agree Itachi wins. Tsunade only cracked the weakest form of Susanoo. Plus itachi has the shield, Minato is not getting through that.

#38 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (31807 posts) - - Show Bio

Minato hasn't shown anything to break through susano, and itachi's has yata, making it unbreakable. But he could loldodge itachi's attacks for days, while itachi can't keep susano up for that long..

Only problem is he could seal him away with eight trigrams (This one doesn't kill.. they killy one is dead demon), if he thinks of using that, he wins. Otherwise he loses.

#39 Posted by DarkLineTeam (17 posts) - - Show Bio

@postacrat: oh lol so you think the guy with the mask that fighting minato is MADARA UCHIHA lololol the masked guy is obito uchiha who trained by minato himself so that a fact that minato can beat obito easily because minato trained obito himself!!! And I don't think that tobi/obito trained itachi uchiha lol look guys itachi has two legend weapon the sword of totsuka and yata mirror so I will explain it to you totsuka sword can seal everthing and yata mirror shield can deflect any blast that make itachi invicible and he got amaterasu and tsukoyomi too he can cast genjutsu with his one finger pointing also the most powerfull and itachi secret weapon is that he got IZANAMI minato can be trapped in izanami world that he would attack itachi and again and again with the same move its just like dejavu the only thing he can get out from izanami world is that minato have to say that he lose to a guy named UCHIHA ITACHI.

#40 Edited by Superguy1591 (7539 posts) - - Show Bio

Hokage > Jonin.

#41 Posted by Superguy1591 (7539 posts) - - Show Bio

The only ninja that could match Minato in Konaha history are the first two Hokages.

#42 Edited by DarkLineTeam (17 posts) - - Show Bio

@superguy1591: lol itachi can beat him easy just with one finger minato trapped to genjutsu how can minato attack someone who can't be look even if he superfast he have to look his opponents. And don't forget itachi is invincible totally! With 2 spirit legend weapon that he have he can beat someone bigger or stronger than him easy. And people don't underestimate itachi just look tsukoyomi 1 hit ko,totsuka 1 hit ko,amaterasu 1 hit ko hahaha

#43 Posted by Doruto11 (41 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh dear god this thread hurts to read so much fanboism from both sides either way it would probably be a draw itachi cant use his susanoo for an extended period of time minato outlasts that and also someone said minato isn't faster then lightning hes as fast or fast hes the yellow flash as in light the speed of light flying thunder god as in god of thunder and lightning also people saying mintao beat madara no he disconnected obito from the ninetails he didnt beat obito obito left cause he didn't have the nine tails to destroy the village theres also a lot of people saying he could tag itachi when itachi goes in for taijutsu he usually uses crow clones so that wouldnt likely work also itachi would never be able to land a hit with the totsuka blade susanoo is big and slow and even if he could itachi using susanoo is fairly rare he used it so much in edo tensei cause the negative effects were removed with out edo tensei or EMS his susanoo isn't a viable option the only way itachi would win is with izanami and in doing that he would take a lot of injury hence draw and on a final note people saying kishimoto called minato the best hokage he said that because he sacrificed so much for the village he never called him the strongest hokage

#44 Posted by russellmania77 (17601 posts) - - Show Bio

Minato is a genius that also had half of the nine tails chakra before he died to ultimately he can still go 6 tails chakra mode, making it hard for itachi to perform genjutsu or to even land a hit on the powered yellow flash but idk how minato will get thru itachi's defense

#45 Posted by sophia89 (19802 posts) - - Show Bio

minato takes this,itachi can't keep susano up forever(it drains a massive amount of chakra)and the fourth raikage proved speedsters can dodge amaterasu and move fast enough that the sharningan cannot perceive them.

#46 Posted by 106me (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

Itachi takes this.

#47 Edited by utkanflash (2371 posts) - - Show Bio

İtachi has a great abilites and powerhouse.. He is smart, quick and deadly.

But still ım go with 4th Hokage.

Amaterasu non option he can teleport it
Tsukuyomi is an option but Minato to fast and to smart for that
Taijutsu same level ı assume

If Minato can touch and seal İtachi at one time, once only.. Thats good enough for the victory.

Cuz he can teleport all attack from İtachi can repost to İtachi again... I mean; İtachi can fries by his own technics.

Susano'o, Totsuga Blade and Yata mirror are useless..

Minato has great Kuchiyose(Summonin' Jutsu) repetuare, he is know senjutsu, he is know many of sealing jutsus..

İtachi sick or not, İtachi blind or not 4th Hokage still take him down eventually

#48 Posted by DarthAznable (16928 posts) - - Show Bio

I should really start reading/watching Naruto again. Sounds like it's gotten so good.

#49 Posted by EzioRenzo (938 posts) - - Show Bio

Minato take this if Itachi never have the Izanami

Avatar image for alexanderperouge
#50 Posted by AlexanderPerouge (1 posts) - - Show Bio

well now that we know more about Minato Namikaze and the type of Jutsu he would bring with him and I have to say it while it would be a clear Itachi win and no this is not a fangirl thing it is purely from the fact that Minato does not know anything about Itachi's ability's while on the other hand the LEGENDARY WELL KNOWN ninja would be something Itachi would of studied in his younger years and I think the posts above me fail to address while Minato is a genius who graduated from the academy at 10, Itachi was not a retard he graduated at 7 and by 13 he had surpassed Kakashi within the Anbu, both geniuses in and out of the battlefield, Minato fights for his family and his village, Itachi Fights for his family and the village as a whole,

either will question the others motives during the fight

In which case they will both stop figure out what is going on and stop, boom end of story,

but since you want a fight and we will have Minato and Itachi in reincarnation forms where Minato has nine tail beast mode and Itachi can go willy nilly with his eyes, Minato most likely does not have such a great knowledge of the Uchia history and their ability's other then a brief understanding of Genjustu Minato the legend must be known and studied well in school and Itachi a person who studied allot must know of Minato and his tricks and moves right?

but anyway Minato will most likely before the battle set up an area where he can gain an advantage or fall back to with his special seal Kunai, Itachi wont set up a trap but analyze his surroundings for the best advantages when the fight starts both will start with some Taijustu and or Kenjustu or maybe even shrunkenjustsu where Minato would set up his seals, but Itachi knowing this would memorize their locations for later, now Minato most likely is unaware of Itachi's Mangekyō Sharingan and the Susanoo and its sealing sword of Totsuka and the Yata mirror or Tsukyomi or Izamani all of these obviously very rare and a Uchia clan secret...

but Minato is not coming in weak or anything possession a wide arsenal of Rassangan and lighting quick attacks

so after a few exchanges Itachi will use his Sharingan catching Minato off guard and killing him boom end done.... what not enough fine!

ok so Itachi will use this to his advantage to read Minato's moves and counter them accordingly Minato at this point most likely under the effects of Itachi's Genjustu without him even knowing, Once realizing this Minato will attempt to break the Genjustu in which case Itachi will employ a double false surroundings technique to fool Minato and keep him in the Genjustu longer, this is where Itachi will employ Tsukyomi and torture Minato for a while and yet again question his motives and boom ending everyone walks away happy.... What you want MAOR!!!! ok fine

after the end of Tsukyomi Minato will be at a huge disadvantage even possibly dead but no Itachi wants him to suffer, but Minato is not that weak he goes for his back up falling back to his hidden location I don't know 40 miles away... in that case Itachi would start looking for him and this is where Minato would strike but still under Genjustu it would fail quickly and Itachi would break the Genjustu and Minato would be paralyzed and Itachi would just stab him a couple times then go on his way the end!!!

but really this will always end in Itachi's way it all comes to be this way the second Itachi can employ Genjustu if not he can fall under his other Dojustu ability's, Itachi wins on the basis that his ability's are rare unknown and deadly in every aspect of the way I mean the guy was trained in the Anbu to kill high value targets and if Minato goes nine tails Itachi can employ Izamani or His Susanoo or maybe even Amaterasu to burn his way to the lead while Minato is fast he really does not present much since he relies on his speed which can be countered if present with Sharingan or your smart enough and we know Itachi has the body flickering stuff where he does not give the opponent time to recoil, and Minato does not go far past close range Justus and high speed attacks...