Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Mike Tyson vs Bruce Lee (78 votes)

Tyson 58%
Lee 42%
MIKE
MIKE "IRON" TYSON vs. BRUCE "DRAGON" LEE

Read OP before talking shit.

So yea, for this matchup we'll be dividing it in 3 rounds ...

Round 1 & 2 needs to be strictly solved by h2h , in the third weapons are allowed ...

ROUND 1 (Movies)- Composite Tyson vs. Composite Lee ... If we go by all their movies ... Who got the better feats and more skilled character in terms of h2h ? For example ... Frank from IP Man vs Chen Zhen ...

ROUND 2 (Games)- Composite Tyson vs. Composite Lee ... If we go by all their games ... Who got the better feats and more skilled character in terms of h2h ? For example ... Balrog vs Fei Long ...

ROUND 3 (Real Tyson & Lee/Weapons)- Brass Knuckles Tyson vs. Nunchaku Lee ... In an empty parking lot ... Death's not allowed , but extreme incap is ... Let the games begin ...

• 
The-Fiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By The-Fiend
No Caption Provided

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

Tyson demolishes or Bruce strategically dodges and strikes.

UlteriorMotive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

r1) I think tyson actually hit harder in Ip Man than in real life? ill give it to him

r2) no idea

r3) rules say no death and yet Lee still dies a horrible, painful death

Frozone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I suspect that Tyson's ability to take punishment and keep going combined with his massive stopping power would win the day. Lee was certainly much faster than Tyson, but that's not to say the big guy was any slouch. I just don't think that Lee's lighter frame would be able to take the sort of battering Tyson could hand out

Goldpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Goldpool

Tyson was a fighter, trained to fight in competitions against people as ferocious as himself.

Bruce Lee didn't.

One of the major downsides of Kung Fu, including wing chun, is when you relate it to self defense, you don't practice a lot of sparring.

And sparring is how fighters test themselves, it how they learn to take a hit, learn to duck, learn from their own mistakes, by the punches they receive.

In boxing, sparring is an elemental part of the training.

The claims people attributes to Bruce Lee (that I foresee in this thread), are unverified. There is no proff, no documentation.

Whereas Tyson has proven himself time and time again.

shipmastersane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll go with lee here for the simple reason he isn't going to stand around trading punches with tyson, he's going to kick him in his family jewels or knees or some such. in the other rounds tyson wins. Lee probably knew a thing or two about boxing. Interestingly, Lee was a huge fan of Ali's, had all his fights on 8mm and used to watch the Cleveland Williams fight over and over.

Avatar image for deactivated-6653cccdb600c
deactivated-6653cccdb600c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ulteriormotive said:

r1) I think tyson actually hit harder in Ip Man than in real life? ill give it to him

Mike Tyson's character was superior to Ip Man. If it wasn't for the timer, he would've killed him.

MrLibido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mike takes round 3

Tatsumaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

a fight between 19 year old Tyson and 19 year old Lee, Mike Tyson would murder him. It wouldn't be close. If you are asking about a 25 year old Tyson vs a 25 year old Lee, Mike Tyson would beat him, but it wouldn't be as definitive. Mike Tyson was a fighter, Bruce Lee was an Actor who did Martial Arts. Bruce Lee was in very few actual fights in his life. I believe only 2... Mike Tyson grew up on the streets and spent time in prison. We do know that Mike Tyson almost killed his opponents in the ring. All you have about Bruce Lee is hearsays by his bandwagon. Simply, Tyson > Lee

Tatsumaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shipmastersane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By shipmastersane

@tatsumaki: And again, our opinions come to an unanimous divergence.

I prefer Bruce Lee's skills over Mike Tyson's Brute force. Bruce Lee can evade Tyson's punches with ease, dude had otherworldly agility. Bruce will hit Tyson's vital points and soon he will lie down unconscious. Nerve strikes get it done.

mike tyson doesn't have experience outside the ring all he knows is throwing punches and dodging them by slipping

Nothing else

Bruce lee is out of the ring no rules fighter

He has experience getting hit in all places of the body maybe lightly on the balls

Tyson has no experience getting hit on the leg or the back and he can't do a jumping fly kick

There is even evidence that Bruce lee's pendulum kick sent a man and a 45kg back flying backwards and it was not faked

So Bruce doing a sweep kick then a kick to the solar plexus or maybe the balls it wouldn't care if Mike was some big guy or whatever

Mike would be down no matter what.

LaCucaracha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would go with that: Lee would have to smash the knee,groin,joints and vulnerable areas hard and fast before that happened. If he could execute a devastating kick to the knee and get out he would be able to break him down and finish him. Lee's only chance would be something like that where Tyson's strength has no advantage.The outcome would be decided in the first engagement. If Lee could pull off the knee strike and not get hit he could do it. my hunch is he would be able to pull it off. Tyson damaged his knee in the Danny Willams fight . You can see him wince and from that point he had no leverage. A well executed knee kick would do even more damage.

Ayuwoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce Lee isn't dumb enough to stand right in front of Tyson. He would use his vastly suprior footwork to avoid him until the opportunity came to strike. Because Bruce Lee trained with Muhammad Ali. Bruce was fighting with top martial artists for years. Hes seen everything Tyson could possibly do while Tyson hasn't seen but a tiny fraction of what Bruce could do and zero against kicks. This is a mismatch in Bruce Lee's favor!

Tatsumaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shipmastersane: I stopped reading on "Mike Tyson don't have experience outside the ring"

Tatsumaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Tatsumaki

@ayuwoki: @lacucaracha: Mike Tyson has admitted to being involved in over 400 street fights throughout his youth. Bruce Lee has 3 or so recorded fights. Its Prime Mike friggin Tyson lol. He is one of the most violent individuals you will ever know about

Ayuwoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tatsumaki: Jeet Kune Do is specifically designed to take down stronger & larger opponents than oneself, There would immediately be a lot of very swift groin strikes between likely slap-punches (Bruce Lee said once that if he's trying not to hurt someone he'll punch them, if he's trying to hurt them he'll slap them) with the goal of an eye gouge and knee to the face likely. His striking form is much swifter for the power it delivers, and hits more like a whip, with a style that's relaxed and unfolding until the last second when everything tightens and hardens to deliver the energy.

Tatsumaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ayuwoki: Okay, here is MITCH GREEN after he got involved vs. tyson in a street fight

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

so, you are not talking about any random boxer, you are talking about Mike Tyson. You know, the guy who was pure rage willing punch anyone who even dared to look him funny

now provide evidence for your bruce claims or I'ma just ignore.

Ayuwoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tatsumaki: Mitch green was a boxer, his repertoire itself would be very limited in a street fight compared to a bruce lee's.

My theory on how the fight would play out still stands.

How would Tyson even catch Bruce Lee? Bruce was a excellent dancer and won the 1958 Hong Kong Cha Cha Championship. I guarantee after 20-30 minutes of Tyson following Bruce around and swinging and missing badly he would gas out.

And pound for pound Bruce was stronger than Tyson and no one can debate that. Youtube 1 inch punch for proof

So once again, Bruce would circle Tyson until he 1.) sees a opportunity to kick his kneecap and end the fight or 2.) wait till he gasses out and then kicks his kneecap and ends the fight

Bruce also got into lots or real life street fight against multiple guys at the same times and they had weapons. Tyson would be easy work

shipmastersane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tatsumaki: "Stopped reading"... so edgy. Very few of you understand the power of Chinese Kung fu, the style that Bruce Lee mastered. You talk of Wing Chun like that not knowing what it can really do, or the history behind it. By belittling Bruce Lee's style and comparing it to such a lowly fighting method you trash talk something whose power you have no idea. Chinese Kung fu, as example, is not only for show. Masters train every single part of the body.

EMlNEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Come on now man. Mike Tyson was 240 lbs (110 kg) and fought for a living. Bruce Lee was 140 lbs (64 kg) and would sweat and scream. He performed for the camera. SPOILER ALERT: Fights in Kung Fu movies are not real

EMlNEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tatsumaki: As expected, they did not provided evidence of any shits, lmfao. Prime Tyson was extremely athletic and quick. He'd be on Bruce too fast for Lee to escape his grasp. It wouldn't even be a battle of boxing versus Jeet Kune Do. It would just be a much larger, more powerful man overwhelming a very fast, talented, but ultimately badly outmatched man. I shudder to think of the outcome.

Johnny-Sins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tyson was catlike quick in virtually every way. He wouldn't even have to deliver full-force punches. A bitch-slap from him would send Bruce into lala land. The real question would be if/how soon Tyson could make contact of any kind. Once that happened, it would be over. I've probably seen every bit of Bruce Lee fight/training/exhibition footage available to the general public. I've read several books by and about him. I remember when he died, which should tell you how long I've known of him. The man was great in several ways, but his image has taken on mythical and unrealistic proportions over the years. "Fastest human being the planet has ever seen"? How can anyone possibly know that? Can Bruce Lee take a punch from prime Tyson? without gloves? Bare Fist? I see broken ribs/Broken skull if he gets hit. Bruce would need a weapon. or would need to target life threatening weak spots. Example Side Kick to the throat, but even then Tyson would guard that. Odds are against Bruce but don't mean he can't kill him *probably*. Tyson wins the majority.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How come everyone is ignoring the rules of the thread? Each round includes different feats for Tyson and Lee. The OP never mentioned their ability to fight in the real world. With that said, Lee loses R1 to Frank. He has a higher chance of winning the last match since he's equipped with nunchucks.

exauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@ayuwoki said:

@tatsumaki: Mitch green was a boxer, his repertoire itself would be very limited in a street fight compared to a bruce lee's.

My theory on how the fight would play out still stands.

How would Tyson even catch Bruce Lee? Bruce was a excellent dancer and won the 1958 Hong Kong Cha Cha Championship. I guarantee after 20-30 minutes of Tyson following Bruce around and swinging and missing badly he would gas out.

And pound for pound Bruce was stronger than Tyson and no one can debate that. Youtube 1 inch punch for proof

So once again, Bruce would circle Tyson until he 1.) sees a opportunity to kick his kneecap and end the fight or 2.) wait till he gasses out and then kicks his kneecap and ends the fight

Bruce also got into lots or real life street fight against multiple guys at the same times and they had weapons. Tyson would be easy work

Imaging thinking Tyson was slow:

No Caption Provided

Can Bruce Lee even dodge anything Tyson? This is a fight not a dance, he is not going to Lomachenko his way of out this, he is getting knockout.

Pound for pound strength don't mean nothing, Tyson could move heavyweight across the ring:

https://media.tenor.com/9ecWQ9yuPncAAAAC/mike-tyson-knock-out.gif

https://c.tenor.com/qy0waX2dRLoAAAAM/knockout-mike-tyson.gif

This is how the fight goes:

noobmaster2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of the great myths martial arts perpetuates is that size is unimportant in a fight. Maybe there's some truth to that when you take a big, untrained, un-athletic guy and pit him against a guy like Bruce. But you take your average 5'9" 170 lb karate black belt and put him against Usain Bolt? lol Bolt's going to jail for manslaughter.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Does Bruce Lee have a gun?

Ayuwoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@officialtopg: @allstarsuperman: @noobmaster2001: @exauce: I love how everyone is just gonna ignore the fact the Bruce Lee is damn strong. For everyone saying Lee is a tiny guy, I agree, he is tiny, but you get into a fight with him, he will knock your head of in one kick. Look up Bruce Lee, the man was so fast they had to play his action scenes in slow motion so people could see what's happening. This is really a battle of who can get the first hit, not of who's better. And regarding J.K.D. Bruce Lee had some very real arguments there, but he wasn't a trained wrestler himself. He knew the importance of it, but he wasn't a master of it.

exauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ayuwoki:

I love how everyone is just gonna ignore the fact the Bruce Lee is damn strong.

Damn strong base on what? Even if he is strong for his size, Tyson is stronger just base on size alone, Bruce Lee ain't got nothing the strength of a heavyweight, we talking about a guy that could move heavyweight across the ring with his punches, Bruce Lee ain't got nothing on him.

For everyone saying Lee is a tiny guy, I agree, he is tiny, but you get into a fight with him, he will knock your head of in one kick.

Base on? Tyson on top of having great head movement:

No Caption Provided

He had a great chin:

Loading Video...

The man ate punches from heavy hitters like Razor Ruddock, Tony Tucker, Frack Bruno, James Smith, Holyfield, and even in his later years against Lennox Lewis, Bruce Lee is not knocking out Tyson with any kick.

Look up Bruce Lee, the man was so fast they had to play his action scenes in slow motion so people could see what's happening.

Cuz them Camera weren't the best back then, Even guys like Ali moved too fast the camera back then.

This is really a battle of who can get the first hit, not of who's better. And regarding J.K.D. Bruce Lee had some very real arguments there, but he wasn't a trained wrestler himself. He knew the importance of it, but he wasn't a master of it.

It a fight of how fast will Tyson ko Bruce Lee, Bruce lee has nothing, I mean nothing on Mike Tyson.

Ayuwoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@exauce: Size difference would be a problem, but Bruce Lee was so quick, strong, and hard to hit. So they say, I doubt Tyson would even hit him before Lee broke his leg. People on here are so disrespectful, Bruce Lee wasn't your average 140lb guy, and don't minimize his achievements by saying he was just an "actor" he was a martial arts master. Whoever called him a fraud needs to spend some of his time on the internet researching him before making such discrediting and outlandish statements.

Loading Video...

Can mike do this ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ayuwoki said:

I love how everyone is just gonna ignore the fact the Bruce Lee is damn strong.

Why are you replying to me? I already claimed that Bruce Lee likely wins two of the three rounds. If you are referring to Lee's strength in real life, he was not physically strong. He mainly trained for speed and explosiveness. He stated this in an interview as well.

You can literally find his lifting routine online.

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@exauce said:

Damn strong base on what? Even if he is strong for his size,

Bruce Lee's strength was mediocre at best. He mostly lifted for speed and explosiveness.

Ayuwoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@officialtopg: Bruce Lee in real life was able to do the 1 finger flexion, now go and record yourself doing 1 finger flexion. As far as size goes, I don't overthink that in street fighting because there's something about street fighting that often, size goes out the window for some reason. I have honestly seen with my own eyes, because the smaller guy is tougher and knows how to fight better, he wins. Maybe it is the surprise factor, because you are small, people do not think much of you so maybe you get them off guard when they see you are pretty tough and it kinda throws them off. Do you know Tyson opinion on Bruce Lee? That he was a killer. Even Tyson would obviously know he would get wreck by Lee.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ayuwoki:

Bruce Lee in real life was able to do the 1 finger flexion, now go and record yourself doing 1 finger flexion.

What's that? How is it relevant to one's overall strength?

As far as size goes, I don't overthink that in street fighting because there's something about street fighting that often, size goes out the window for some reason. I have honestly seen with my own eyes, because the smaller guy is tougher and knows how to fight better, he wins.

I never even mentioned Lee's size disadvantage. As I've established countless times before, I truly do believe that he wins two of the three rounds. He simply possesses superior feats and gear.

Maybe it is the surprise factor, because you are small, people do not think much of you so maybe you get them off guard when they see you are pretty tough and it kinda throws them off.

I understand. Many users are underestimating Lee's ability to fight, mainly due to his weight. However, they failed to realize that movie and game feats/scaling are included.

Do you know Tyson opinion on Bruce Lee? That he was a killer. Even Tyson would obviously know he would get wreck by Lee.

Lee would win against Tyson with a weapon. He reportedly did beat up street gangs as a young adult, but those were rumors with zero evidence.

exauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ayuwoki:

Size difference would be a problem, but Bruce Lee was so quick, strong, and hard to hit.

Base on what? You are making up fantasy in your head mate, I know Mike Tyson was strong because he could move around heavyweight across the right, quick cuz he was outspeeding pretty much everyone he ever fought, and hard to hit cuz he had one of the best head movements of all time, what are your claims on?

So they say, I doubt Tyson would even hit him before Lee broke his leg. People on here are so disrespectful, Bruce Lee wasn't your average 140lb guy, and don't minimize his achievements by saying he was just an "actor" he was a martial arts master. Whoever called him a fraud needs to spend some of his time on the internet researching him before making such discrediting and outlandish statements.

Where are the evidence of them claims man?

Can mike do this ?

Do what specifically? Lol.

exauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@officialtopg:

I understand. Many users are underestimating Lee's ability to fight, mainly due to his weight. However, they failed to realize that movie and game feats/scaling are included.

I think this man is talking real life.

Ayuwoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@officialtopg: I'm kinda seeing your point now and I agree! video game and movie Bruce Lee blitzes Tysen. Apologizes for the unnecessary turbulence as I misread it.

Ayuwoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@exauce: You're really arguing from the perspective of an ring-fight not an street fight. The problem is the difference in fighting styles. I don't underestimate Mike Tysen. If one good Tyson hit landed on Lee, it would be all over, yes. However, Lee kicking Tyson square in the netherlands, and it would be all over too. So all out street fight: my money's on Lee. It is more easier for Lee to swift-kick his nutsack as soon as Tyson tries to close distance to land a blow on Lee.

Boxing fight = Tyson would win

Street fight = Bruce Lee would win

exauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ayuwoki: Nope I'm thinking street but using the example of his boxing match because that is my evidence of what he can do in a fight, while you are using random fantasy stuff to make Bruce Lee look good.

. I don't underestimate Mike Tysen. If one good Tyson hit landed on Lee, it would be all over, yes. However, Lee kicking Tyson square in the netherlands, and it would be all over too.

Oh yes you are Lol. Expect it wouldn't, Lee has no evidence of having a kick strong enough to crack Tyson's chin, let alone if he can actually land said kick.

So all out street fight: my money's on Lee. It is more easier for Lee to swift-kick his nutsack as soon as Tyson tries to close distance to land a blow on Lee.

Expect Tyson has ate lowblows from guys like Holyfield, he is walking through said lowblow and knocking Lee out.

Boxing fight = Tyson would win

Street fight = Bruce Lee would win

In any fight Tyson win.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@exauce said:

In that case, the outcome is probably different. I'm not too familiar with Lee's real life feats.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ayuwoki said:

I'm kinda seeing your point now and I agree! video game and movie Bruce Lee blitzes Tysen. Apologizes for the unnecessary turbulence as I misread it.

It's all good! I'm glad you agree. Bruce Lee's movie/game accomplishments are utterly insane.

Ayuwoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@exauce: "no evidence that Lee kicks strong" ROTFL.

Loading Video...

Get outta here with this trash, don't you ever give it a rest? Theres plenty of anecdotal evidence to know Lee fought many times. If you have people saying what it was like to be beat by bruce lee, of course he fought. Jim Kelly said Bruce lee was untouchable and hes a guy who trained with the Gracies.. Skipper mullins said hed pick Lee in any street situation. There are many martial artists on record saying how amazing Bruce lee was in sparring sessions and how Bruce lee beat them with ease. So I take that as Lee having fought, and no one being able to test him.

Raziel2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Raziel2014

Tyson wins without much problems, the frame difference/weight is too massive, is likely Tyson would crush Bruce lee skull in 1 hit

thinking Bruce Lee can win is like thinking a chihuahua could beat a German shepherd

Ayuwoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@exauce said:

In that case, the outcome is probably different. I'm not too familiar with Lee's real life feats.

I already conceded that Mike wins in boxing but on street, no way. I have got a feeling that most people on here have never been in fights or have even seen them. Applying boxing logic to fighting doesn't really work same with all martial arts, you have to have the right mentality in a 'street' fight. I have seen guys that I know were talented boxers get hit in a real fight and completely freeze up and get their ass whipped. Not saying a discipline can't be a great advantage but being in the ring with people around and the comfort of that is so different to an all out fight. It seems a lot of the guys on here imagine a 'street' fight as two gentlemen meeting up for some kind of honourable contest, haha

GlGACHAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't believe there are people who think Bruce Lee was like 5'7 140 pounds would beat Mike Tyson. Many people even consider Bruce Lee to be the greatest fighter ever. Dude wasn't even a proven fighter for God's sake. He was a movie star and a martial artist, but not a fighter. Had he challenged a real pro fighter he would've been destroyed.

Tatsumaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emlnem said:

@tatsumaki: As expected, they did not provided evidence of any shits, lmfao. Prime Tyson was extremely athletic and quick. He'd be on Bruce too fast for Lee to escape his grasp. It wouldn't even be a battle of boxing versus Jeet Kune Do. It would just be a much larger, more powerful man overwhelming a very fast, talented, but ultimately badly outmatched man. I shudder to think of the outcome.

Gotta give credit to Bruce Lee! like 40 years later he has people convinced he could fight with no real evidence and even has people thinking he has a great potential chance against very accomplished proven professional fighters. Bruce's legions of worshipers perpetuate these ever-increasing, supernatural abilities he allegedly had. That's why I totally ignored them, no point in arguing back n forth with a wall

Tatsumaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@exauce: Tyson would literally kill him. This is just another take on the old Ali-Lee fantasy fight

Lemillion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Although I don't think size will be much of a factor, 5' 11" 200+ lb guy vs a 5' 7" 150lb dude doesn't matter to me, i've seen bigger guys get fucked up by smaller guys all the time, because the smaller guy was tougher. It's just Mike Tyson's anger and street fighting experience that makes me pick him over Bruce Lee. Tyson was in real street fights and boxing matches, Bruce Lee's career was mostly choreography. I mean I don't want to get too fictional on here, I already did in a sense but there is so much more to fighting than what we see in these combat sports, it's not even funny.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ayuwoki: What are your thoughts on Tyson implying that he would beat Lee in a fight?

Loading Video...