Midnighter vs. Nightcrawler and Wraith (G.I.Joe)

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
Midnighter
Midnighter
Nightcrawler
Nightcrawler

Wraith
Wraith
For those who arent familiar with Wraith he is highly trained in martial arts, and an expert on small and heavy firearms. He has years of experience as a highly trained mercenary. He posseses a high tech stealth assault suit that renders him completely invisible. The cloak is so thorough that its almost impossible to tell he is present until you have a knife if your gut. The invisibility though is only the tip of the iceburg. The suit is nearly impenetrable, with reinforced ceramic plate armor and armed with forearm mounted plasma cannons.

The fight takes place in an abandoned POW camp at twilight.
kaino12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kaino12

its an interesting one...im not sure who would win....

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

It's hard to guage who to set Midnighter up against because according to some people he is ridiculously better than he is according to other people.

kaino12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kaino12
Lunacyde said:
"It's hard to guage who to set Midnighter up against because according to some people he is ridiculously better than he is according to other people."

i think we shouldent use midnighter till we findout more about what he can do.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Haha bummer no ones saying anything

Avatar image for the_man_of_yesteryear
The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Midnighter

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

haha that scan always comes up......and I dont really know why it proves nothing.

The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lunacyde said:
"haha that scan always comes up......and I dont really know why it proves nothing."
It shows he already knows how to beat them as soon as they start the attack
kaino12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kaino12
The Man of Yesteryear said:
"Lunacyde said:
"haha that scan always comes up......and I dont really know why it proves nothing."
It shows he already knows how to beat them as soon as they start the attack"
it shows he knows how to beat that one person. and we dont know how long he has been watching him.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Yes everyone knows that....just because you know how to beat someone doesnt mean you will....just like, just because you know all the possible moves someone could make doesnt mean you know which move they will use next.

The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kaino12 said:
"The Man of Yesteryear said:
"Lunacyde said:
It shows he already knows how to beat them as soon as they start the attack"
it shows he knows how to beat that one person. and we dont know how long he has been watching him."
No. Midnighter has a supercomputer in his head that calculates every single way a battle can go as soon as the attack is started.

If there is a way he can win, he wins. Simple as that.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

That is ridiculous....just because he knows HOW to beat someone, doesnt mean he can always pull it off.

You are way oversimplifying a fight to say that he can predict everything that could possibly happen. Besides just because he knows what moves are possible that certainly wouldnt mean he knows what exact move out of those possible they are going to use.

The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lunacyde said:
Besides just because he knows what moves are possible that certainly wouldnt mean he knows what exact move out of those possible they are going to use."
The card states he reads the electrical activity in their brain, I'm guessing this means his computer calculates what move they are going to make and when they are going to make it.

"That is ridiculous....just because he knows HOW to beat someone, doesnt mean he can always pull it off.
Well, he could.

Don't know about Wraith since I haven't read a GI Joe comic, but he outclasses Nightcrawler.

Another thing he could do is Door them into space or the sun.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

I knew he outclasses Nightcrawler on his own thats why I made it a 2 on 1.

You say you are guessing...that is fine, but I am not going to accept something for proof unless it can be proven better than that.

I know he could...a lot of things could happen. The point is that it is never really explained how he can tell what special abilities they have, is it from the electrical activity? Is it because of prior knowledge on the person? Does it work the same way if the person's special abilities are caused by a suit they are wearing? How can something tell all these things simply from increased electrical activity in the brain anyways? Everything said is so vague that people arguing can make him out to be whatever they want basically.

Lastly could you explain this dooring to me? Can he use it whenever he wants? How exactly does it work? I have never read anything about it while researching him.

The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lunacyde said:
could you explain this dooring to me? Can he use it whenever he wants? How exactly does it work? I have never read anything about it while researching him."
http://www.comicvine.com/doors/12-43834/

Here's an example of Apollo using a Door:

Lunacyde said:
I know he could...a lot of things could happen. The point is that it is never really explained how he can tell what special abilities they have, is it from the electrical activity? Is it because of prior knowledge on the person? Does it work the same way if the person's special abilities are caused by a suit they are wearing? How can something tell all these things simply from increased electrical activity in the brain anyways? Everything said is so vague that people arguing can make him out to be whatever they want basically.
"I've played this fight in my head, a million times, from each and every angle"
"There were only five possible ways for me to win"
I don't read a lot with Midnighter, but from what I understand, this is how it goes:

If there is a way he can win, he wins. Unless his opponent somehow messes with his computer or scrambles his brain before he can anticipate his opponent's moves
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

So Midnighter can use doors? And can control them to take someone anywher ehe wants? And wouldnt he be subject to the same things whoever he doored would face?

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By never give up

Nice battle.

The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lunacyde said:
"So Midnighter can use doors? And can control them to take someone anywher ehe wants? And wouldnt he be subject to the same things whoever he doored would face?"
He has Doored people into space before.

I don't think he has to go wherever the Door goes. He could just push Wraith or Nightcrawler into it (it would probably be harder to use it on Nightcrawler though)

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

How does his battle computer do with multiple opponents?

Hedatary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hedatary

it's the same. Battle Computer works just as effectively. 

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Hmmm....if he didnt know Wraith was there when he ran the fight through his head then that could prove a problem for him.

EZKiil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By EZKiil

There's alot more to midnighter than simply his tactical implants, he has increased physical strength  and agility that, when combined with the tactical computer, put him on par with Captain America. He also has regenerative abilities and increased constitution and durability from these enhancements that grant him regeneration and resurrectiion like capabilities similar to Wolverine. 

The entire team of THE AUTHORITY is an epic scale justice league, knock off, that makes midnighter experienced enough to be as dangerous as all of his supporters have said in this battle. 

Cap or Wolverine would wipe the floor with either of these two and I think Midnighter being a combination of those two would take these guys no problem. 

I think that midnighters implants perform well beyond simple tactics, like  increased senses as well, he's like a frankenstein's monster that was created to overthrow the world along with his counterpart Apollo and other justice league knock offs. I dont think Wraith or nightcrawler could surprise him because his base is a sentient alien ship and i'm sure it can communicate with Midnighter to scan for threats. GI Joe tech is totally 80's anyway.
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Power NeXus
@Lunacyde said:
"That is ridiculous....just because he knows HOW to beat someone, doesnt mean he can always pull it off."

Actually, he kinda can. That's Midnighter's gig. If he has only a one in ten thousand chance of beating someone, his battle computer will analyze every detail of that scenario, and let him know exactly what needs to be done to pull it off with ease.
ASH1977LAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ASH1977LAW
Midnighter vs Nightcrawler and Wraith

*** Pre-fight ***

The Midnighter strolls through the abandoned POW camp, whistling the 1812 overture. 

Wraith is lying in wait around a corner, with Nightcrawler perched high atop a guard tower.

Wraith spots him and signals to Nightcrawler to be ready via a scrambled 2-way radio. The Midnighter, however, has spotted Wraith from the electrical energy powering his stealth suit. To him Wraith is as plain as day. Now the Midnighter knows that Nightcrawler is there too.

He sniffs the breeze and recognises the scent of burning ions from the plasma cannons in Wraith's suit, mixed with the scent of the oil from the guns and knives that Wraith carries. Midnighter can't get a reading of anything unusual from Nightcrawler, but from his perch atop the tower realises that he is likely a teleporter or an acrobat. From the way that Nightcrawler carries himself Midnighter realises that he is carrying a handgun and a knife, and the silhouette of a sniper rifle is plainly evident.

Midnighter has now calculated every possible outcome of any possible fight that is about to happen. Because that is what he does. He is strong, fast, and he wins. 

Nightcrawler lines up a shot, just as the Midnighter ducks suddenly, picking up a newspaper blowing across the ground. Then the Midnighter changes course and ducks into a toilet block.

Nightcrawler *bamfs* into a new position, trying to line up a shot, but has no clear shot. Seemingly The Midnighter is... using the facilities.

Nightcrawler silently runs across to Wraith and passes him the sniper rifle. Wraith moves into position with the rifle.

Midnighter turns to the funny section of the paper.

Wraith lines up a shot, unaware that The Midnighter can plainly see him. The Midnighter now has confirmation of the abilities of his foes. His fight computer has weighed everything, from the possible angles to the way that his opponents walk and stand, from their capabilities and choices of weapons and equipment to the very brain activity of his opponents.

*** Fight! ***

Wraith shoots directly into the left eye of The Midnighter. Midnighter slumps back on the toilet. Wraith follows up with a couple of centre-of-mass shots to The Midnighter. Wraith waits a couple of seconds until he sees the blood coming out from under the Midnighter's bullet-proof cowl.

Wraith advances cautiously, and uses a blast from his plasma cannons to wreck the front of the toilet block. The Midnighter hasn't even twitched. Yep, he looks dead.

Wraith advances forwards as Kurt draws his handgun and gets ready, just in case.

Wraith gets close to The Midnighter and kicks him in the foot. Midnighter still looks dead.

Kurt *Bamfs!* next to The Midnighter.

The Midnighter was well aware that Wraith would try to get him with a long-range shot (in his millions of simulations that was the most likely course of action for Wraith based upon a myriad of minutely observed factors) so deliberately manipulated the fight so that a specific shot at a specific angle would happen. He turned his head at the last instant, catching the bullet between his cowl and his face. Yes, he really is that dangerous. His body-armour and structural enhancements took care of the bullets to the chest. Apart from being on the toilet with his trousers down he is perfectly fine. 

The Midnighter is fast enough to kick an artillary shell back at the tank that shot it at him, and strong enough to kick it with enough force to destroy the tank. The Midnighter has killed gods, and hangs out with guys who can move planets. He is the ultimate killing machine. He has cutting-edge bioenhancements, is trained in so many martial arts and weapons techniques that he dosn't even have room in his head for childhood memories. His enhanced strength and structural enhancements put him on a par with the most dangerous super-humans in existance. Even his blood is designed to be deadly. His immune system can beat the worst weapons-grade viruses and nanotech conceived. But all that isn't what makes him so dangerous. What makes him dangerous is that even before you have comenced a fight he has worked out how it ends and how he will get there. Heck, he once defeated a superbeing just by talking to him for 5 seconds.  He is a killing machine, and enjoys his work.He is also a nice guy.

A guy in a stealth suit with special-forces training and a mutated German priest are hardly a match. 

Faster than the eye can see Midnighter pulls Nightcrawler's arm with one hand as he slams the other arm elbow first into Kurt's head, causing Kurt's handgun to discharge in the face of Wraith.

Wraith's armour stops the bullet but blinds him for an instant, he dosn't even see Kurt slump dead to the ground.

Wraith brings his hands up to unleash a plasma blast and The Midnighter pulls on his wrists. Wraith blasts the wall to either side of Midnighters head. The pull causes Wraith to slam headfirst into The Midnighter, as The Midnighter executes a headbut. Wraith's facial armour shatters on impact.

The Midnighter twists on Wraith's wrists, forcing him headfirst into the toilet bowl. The Midnighter clamps his thighs on Wraith's head, holding him face-first in the toilet. They remain in that pose for several minutes, as Wraith struggles and kicks. Eventually Wraith drowns in turds.

Then The Midnighter wipes, stands up, and zips up.

The Midnighter calmly leaves. The wound to the side of his head has already healed, and absently he fishes the still-warm bullet out of his cowl.
RavenDark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RavenDark

What does midnighter always say?

“Do you understand me? I hate you. I want to torture you. I want to leave doctors puzzling for years over how I’ve done the the things I want to do to you. My mild-mannered colleague will not interfere. Your life as a bipedal vertebrate is over.” -- Midnighter

and

Midnighter -- "I’ve already fought this battle a million times in my head, and I win every time."

Yaujtapool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Yaujtapool

Wraith reminds me of a Predator.

Undergroundgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By Undergroundgod
@ASH1977LAW said:
"Midnighter vs Nightcrawler and Wraith

*** Pre-fight ***

The Midnighter strolls through the abandoned POW camp, whistling the 1812 overture. 

Wraith is lying in wait around a corner, with Nightcrawler perched high atop a guard tower.

Wraith spots him and signals to Nightcrawler to be ready via a scrambled 2-way radio. The Midnighter, however, has spotted Wraith from the electrical energy powering his stealth suit. To him Wraith is as plain as day. Now the Midnighter knows that Nightcrawler is there too.

He sniffs the breeze and recognises the scent of burning ions from the plasma cannons in Wraith's suit, mixed with the scent of the oil from the guns and knives that Wraith carries. Midnighter can't get a reading of anything unusual from Nightcrawler, but from his perch atop the tower realises that he is likely a teleporter or an acrobat. From the way that Nightcrawler carries himself Midnighter realises that he is carrying a handgun and a knife, and the silhouette of a sniper rifle is plainly evident.

Midnighter has now calculated every possible outcome of any possible fight that is about to happen. Because that is what he does. He is strong, fast, and he wins. 

Nightcrawler lines up a shot, just as the Midnighter ducks suddenly, picking up a newspaper blowing across the ground. Then the Midnighter changes course and ducks into a toilet block.

Nightcrawler *bamfs* into a new position, trying to line up a shot, but has no clear shot. Seemingly The Midnighter is... using the facilities.

Nightcrawler silently runs across to Wraith and passes him the sniper rifle. Wraith moves into position with the rifle.

Wraith lines up a shot, unaware that The Midnighter can plainly see him. The Midnighter now has confirmation of the abilities of his foes. His fight computer has weighed everything, from the possible angles to the way that his opponents walk and stand, from their capabilities and choices of weapons and equipment to the very brain activity of his opponents.

*** Fight! ***

Wraith shoots directly into the left eye of The Midnighter. Midnighter slumps back on the toilet. Wraith follows up with a couple of centre-of-mass shots to The Midnighter. Wraith waits a couple of seconds until he sees the blood coming out from under the Midnighter's bullet-proof cowl.

Wraith advances cautiously, and uses a blast from his plasma cannons to wreck the front of the toilet block. The Midnighter hasn't even twitched. Yep, he looks dead.

Wraith advances forwards as Kurt draws his handgun and gets ready, just in case.

Wraith gets close to The Midnighter and kicks him in the foot. Midnighter still looks dead.

The Midnighter was well aware that Wraith would try to get him with a long-range shot (in his millions of simulations that was the most likely course of action for Wraith based upon a myriad of minutely observed factors) so deliberately manipulated the fight so that a specific shot at a specific angle would happen. He turned his head at the last instant, catching the bullet between his cowl and his face. Yes, he really is that dangerous. His body-armour and structural enhancements took care of the bullets to the chest. Apart from being on the toilet with his trousers down he is perfectly fine. 

The Midnighter is fast enough to kick an artillary shell back at the tank that shot it at him, and strong enough to kick it with enough force to destroy the tank. The Midnighter has killed gods, and hangs out with guys who can move planets. He is the ultimate killing machine. He has cutting-edge bioenhancements, is trained in so many martial arts and weapons techniques that he dosn't even have room in his head for childhood memories. His enhanced strength and structural enhancements put him on a par with the most dangerous super-humans in existance. Even his blood is designed to be deadly. His immune system can beat the worst weapons-grade viruses and nanotech conceived. But all that isn't what makes him so dangerous. What makes him dangerous is that even before you have comenced a fight he has worked out how it ends and how he will get there. Heck, he once defeated a superbeing just by talking to him for 5 seconds.  He is a killing machine, and enjoys his work.He is also a nice guy.

A guy in a stealth suit with special-forces training and a mutated German priest are hardly a match.     Faster than the eye can see Midnighter pulls Nightcrawler's arm with one hand as he slams the other arm elbow first into Kurt's head, causing Kurt's handgun to discharge in the face of Wraith. Wraith's armour stops the bullet but blinds him for an instant, he dosn't even see Kurt slump dead to the ground.  Wraith brings his hands up to unleash a plasma blast and The Midnighter pulls on his wrists. Wraith blasts the wall to either side of Midnighters head. The pull causes Wraith to slam headfirst into The Midnighter, as The Midnighter executes a headbut. Wraith's facial armour shatters on impact. The Midnighter twists on Wraith's wrists, forcing him headfirst into the toilet bowl. The Midnighter clamps his thighs on Wraith's head, holding him face-first in the toilet. They remain in that pose for several minutes, as Wraith struggles and kicks. Eventually Wraith drowns in turds. Then The Midnighter wipes, stands up, and zips up.  The Midnighter calmly leaves. The wound to the side of his head has already healed, and absently he fishes the still-warm bullet out of his cowl. "

And then Black Adam swoops in and crushes Midnighters head. Then goes about his day whistling, who gives a rats ass, by Snot. LOL  
I am not a Fan of Midnighter, because he doesn't make any sense, at all. His battle computer is retarded, and he would be a cool character if it only worked at a above normal speed, but no, they had to make him more bad ass, which in his case is just stupid, not to mention Midnighter has got his ass kicked by Grifter, who is a lame D list Super Hero.
ASH1977LAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ASH1977LAW
@Undergroundgod said:
" @ASH1977LAW said:
"Midnighter vs Nightcrawler and Wraith

*** Pre-fight ***

*** Fight! ***

A guy in a stealth suit with special-forces training and a mutated German priest are hardly a match.     Faster than the eye can see Midnighter pulls Nightcrawler's arm with one hand as he slams the other arm elbow first into Kurt's head, causing Kurt's handgun to discharge in the face of Wraith. Wraith's armour stops the bullet but blinds him for an instant, he dosn't even see Kurt slump dead to the ground.  Wraith brings his hands up to unleash a plasma blast and The Midnighter pulls on his wrists. Wraith blasts the wall to either side of Midnighters head. The pull causes Wraith to slam headfirst into The Midnighter, as The Midnighter executes a headbut. Wraith's facial armour shatters on impact. The Midnighter twists on Wraith's wrists, forcing him headfirst into the toilet bowl. The Midnighter clamps his thighs on Wraith's head, holding him face-first in the toilet. They remain in that pose for several minutes, as Wraith struggles and kicks. Eventually Wraith drowns in turds. Then The Midnighter wipes, stands up, and zips up.  The Midnighter calmly leaves. The wound to the side of his head has already healed, and absently he fishes the still-warm bullet out of his cowl. "
And then Black Adam swoops in and crushes Midnighters head. Then goes about his day whistling, who gives a rats ass, by Snot. LOL  I am not a Fan of Midnighter, because he doesn't make any sense, at all. His battle computer is retarded, and he would be a cool character if it only worked at a above normal speed, but no, they had to make him more bad ass, which in his case is just stupid, not to mention Midnighter has got his ass kicked by Grifter, who is a lame D list Super Hero. "
Then The Doctor resurrects Midnighter while Apollo kills Black Adam from orbit.... if we are bringing others into it. Then it all gets retconned due to some dumb deal Peter Parker makes with Mephisto. Then superboy punches reality. :)

Yes his battle-computer is retarded I agree, but then again so are teenagers given powers by radioactive bugs and babies rocketed from dying planets who use sunlight to power them up to fly. If you think about it any superhero is just a little bit silly. That's why we love them.
Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#29  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@ASH1977LAW said:
" Midnighter vs Nightcrawler and Wraith

*** Pre-fight ***

*** Fight! ***

I think I love you. I want you in every Midnighter thread. 
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30  Edited By Matezoide2
@Buckshot: 
are you getting ``Midnighter`` on him?
lol,just kidding,dont ban me
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31  Edited By Erik

Midnighter stomps. The only time he loses is when it is impossible to even hurt the opponent and even then.....

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@erik said:
" Midnighter stomps. The only time he loses is when it is impossible to even hurt the opponent and even then..... "
Yeah....can't remember for the life in me why I made this thread.
Undergroundgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By Undergroundgod

Then The Doctor resurrects Midnighter while Apollo kills Black Adam from orbit.... if we are bringing others into it. Then it all gets retconned due to some dumb deal Peter Parker makes with Mephisto. Then superboy punches reality. :)

Yes his battle-computer is retarded I agree, but then again so are teenagers given powers by radioactive bugs and babies rocketed from dying planets who use sunlight to power them up to fly. If you think about it any superhero is just a little bit silly. That's why we love them. "

All jokes aside Midnighter of coarse slaughters here, I just think he is a lame character, who would be better if taken down a few pegs, like Wolverine with the Bone Claws, still a bad ass, just more to work with story wise. Honestly Midnighter kills story plot, because he always has a million answers to any CONFLICT, hell even if it was only hundred answers he would still be a bad ass, and I would like him more as a character.   

1.) Never would happen, Apollo would get his ass stomped by Black Adam! 
2.) This could happen, the Spider-Man thing, and the Superboy thing aswell! : ) 
3.) True only there are times IMHO, when a character could be so much better, Midnighter is one of those characters for me, I would like him so much more, if they just watered him down a bit.