Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Rules:

• Character: Both have morals on.
  • Random encounter for both.
  • Neither have any prior knowledge of each other.
  • Location: Battle takes place in the Sunnydale cemetery at night.
  • Starting distance: Both are 10 meters apart before the battle starts.
  • Gear: Both have standard gear with them.
  • Standard version of Midnighter.
  • Same rules apply for both rounds.
  • Winner by KO, death or incapacitation.

Rounds:

1. Standard version of Midnighter vs Buffy Summers from Buffy The Vampire Slayer TV show only.
  2. Standard version of Midnighter vs All standard, cannon versions of Buffy Summers.
Ganstaz003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battle takes place here:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganstaz003:

You have never read a comic with Midnighter have you?

N7Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-o78sdg008
deactivated-o78sdg008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Midnighter stomps

Ganstaz003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for elijah_c_washington
Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@n7slayer said:

@misterwhisper said:

@ganstaz003:

Nothing says it's Wildstorm version

It's still a mismatch with current Midnighter.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dimitridkatsis

DC Midnighter has a problem reading mystically enhanced opponents or something like that right?

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Midnighter

Ganstaz003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why does Midnighter win? Care to explain anybody?

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Amendment50

Midnighter

N7Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@n7slayer said:

@misterwhisper said:

@ganstaz003:

Current Midnighter is on Wildstorm levels? Don't know anything on Midnighter opponent in this fight

Ganstaz003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ganstaz003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@n7slayer said:
@elijah_c_washington said:

@n7slayer said:

@misterwhisper said:

@ganstaz003:

Current Midnighter is on Wildstorm levels? Don't know anything on Midnighter opponent in this fight

Buffy Summers is a vampire slayer with the fighting experiences of 100 hundreds of past vampire slayers before her. It's an inherent ability.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ganstaz003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganstaz003 said:

@amendment50 said:

Midnighter

Why?

Battle computer

How does that guarantee a victory? Buffy Summers is an exceptional fighter with exceptional physical abilities. Those should also be taken into consideration.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganstaz003: When did I say I didn't take that into consideration...?

Avatar image for deactivated-631c3102b31d4
deactivated-631c3102b31d4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganstaz003: Here's a reason. He busted Apollo's eardrums, a dude who has taken the equivalent of 10000 Hiroshima's in his head and only got dazed. He has downed Maul with his blows, who could knock Captain Atom into a concussion. He has drawn blood from Sebastien, Mr Majestic's teacher with similar if not better stats. He has strangled and KOed Winter, who took down Apollo and stalemated the High, who is a moon buster. Now you tell me why Buffy doesn't die when the first hit connects.

Ganstaz003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganstaz003: When did I say I didn't take that into consideration...?

There's no way I would be able to tell if you've taken it into consideration or not. I only said 'take into consideration' in the event that you didn't, which is something I couldn't know unless I've been made aware of it.

All I'm asking is for you to elaborate on your answer. You said 'battle computer', care to explain why having a battle computer would make Midnighter win whilst also adding other factors into your answer/

Ganstaz003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Ganstaz003

@ganstaz003: Here's a reason. He busted Apollo's eardrums, a dude who has taken the equivalent of 10000 Hiroshima's in his head and only got dazed. He has downed Maul with his blows, who could knock Captain Atom into a concussion. He has drawn blood from Sebastien, Mr Majestic's teacher with similar if not better stats. He has strangled and KOed Winter, who took down Apollo and stalemated the High, who is a moon buster. Now you tell me why Buffy doesn't die when the first hit connects.

That's all good and all, but Buffy has faced villains that can destroy dimensions and are supernatural in nature. She has various weapons, such as the Scythe which can't be overlooked. She has defeated demons who could cause apocalypses. All of those things must be taken into consideration.

Avatar image for deactivated-631c3102b31d4
deactivated-631c3102b31d4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganstaz003: With special equipment, yes? Or are you saying Buffy can tank dimension busting blasts willy nilly? Every fight has context around it and she prepares accordingly, or gets help. She doesn't wade into a fight with someone that can brain her in one hit without a plan and walk out on top after.

I mean, any feat can be trotted out without explaining the mitigating circumstances and be made to look impressive. The Kusar blades were used to stab someone with a shard of a powerful reality warper within them to cause a universal time rewrite. Midnighter took multible stabs from these weapons and kept going like this was nothing. He's also had assistance from Apollo to fight Captain Atom to a standstill, when he was overflowing with quantum energy to the point where he was going to blow up the multiverse. What does that mean in the context of this fight? It's not a "who faced the biggest threat" contest, it's a fight, and so far, you haven't given a single reason she doesn't keel over and die after taking a single blow from Midnighter.

Avatar image for elijah_c_washington
Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@n7slayer said:

@elijah_c_washington said:

@n7slayer said:

@misterwhisper said:

@ganstaz003:

He isn't, but he's still one of the best street-levelers in mainstream comics.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73
deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wildstorm or current, he still stomps her.

Ganstaz003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganstaz003: With special equipment, yes? Or are you saying Buffy can tank dimension busting blasts willy nilly? Every fight has context around it and she prepares accordingly, or gets help. She doesn't wade into a fight with someone that can brain her in one hit without a plan and walk out on top after.

I mean, any feat can be trotted out without explaining the mitigating circumstances and be made to look impressive. The Kusar blades were used to stab someone with a shard of a powerful reality warper within them to cause a universal time rewrite. Midnighter took multible stabs from these weapons and kept going like this was nothing. He's also had assistance from Apollo to fight Captain Atom to a standstill, when he was overflowing with quantum energy to the point where he was going to blow up the multiverse. What does that mean in the context of this fight? It's not a "who faced the biggest threat" contest, it's a fight, and so far, you haven't given a single reason she doesn't keel over and die after taking a single blow from Midnighter.

She has some equipment as standard gear. For example, the Scythe is a standard weapon she always has with her. As far as durability is concerned, she doesn't really need to be able to tank dimension busting attacks, nor is Midnighter a dimension buster. She has tanked attacks from Glory, who can destroy entire buildings and streets with her strikes and came out just fine. Please enlighten me on how powerful Midnighter's strikes are on a consistent basis.

The reasons why I've mentioned those feats for Buffy is that she has dealt with powerful opponents before, on the level of Midnighter and came out fine. That's all! It wasn't a case of showing 'who faced the biggest threats'. It's to show that this battle isn't a foregone conclusion by any means.

As far as Buffy dying from taking a blow from Midnighter, as I've already said, she has taken blows from Glory and Caleb, both who are capable of killing humans with single strikes. Buffy took multiple blows from Glory and continued fighting. I personally doubt Midnighter strikes much harder, if at all, compared to Glory, unless you can provide evidence for it.

Also, I could just as easily say to you: so far, you haven't given a single reason Midnighter doesn't keel over and die after taking a single strike from Buffy's Scythe'.

Those two questions that me and you are asking, are both fallacious in nature. That's because many assumptions are made with those questions. Both assume that certain events are going to occur, without first, the demonstration that such events would occur in the first place.

Please note: I'm not arguing who would win in a battle between the two. I'm only arguing that Buffy Summers does stand a chance in this battle. That this battle isn't a foregone conclusion for either character. I haven't been presented with any conclusive evidence which indicates that this battle is a total mismatch for either character.

So far, all I'm asking you to do is elaborate on your answer and provide a more detailed explanation for why and how you believe Midnighter would win. As of now, you mentioned other battles which Midnighter has fared well in. If other battles are going to be used as an explanation for how a character would beat their opponent in a battle thread, it must be explained how the character's success in other battles would translate into a battle against a specific opponent in a battle thread. For example, in a battle thread where it's Silver Surfer vs Thanos, if one uses Silver Surfer's success against other characters as evidence that he'd be able to beat Thanos, then it must also be explained how Silver Surfer beating those other characters would have a bearing or relevance in a battle against Thanos. Each battle has to be analyzed and evaluated separately, by its own merit as 'styles make fights'.

Of course, there are some instances where if there is a significant discrepancy in terms of physical attributes between two combatants and the character that is significantly outmatched physically has nothing to counter their overpowered opponent with, then such a battle can justifiably and rightly be classified as a 'mismatch', or even a 'spite'. However, I doubt the physical discrepancy between these two characters are that significant. I'd change my mind if I'm presented with conclusive evidence which demonstrates that there is indeed, a significant discrepancy between the two in terms of physical attributes.

Ganstaz003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buffy ends up as mush if this is Wildstorm midnighter

TheWhiteCrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheWhiteCrown

@ganstaz003: I love Buffy, which is why I wouldn't want her in this fight. A girl can only die so many times. Midnighter takes this.

Ganstaz003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganstaz003: I love Buffy, which is why I wouldn't want her in this fight. A girl can only die so many times. Midnighter takes this.

Fair enough! I was looking to see if there will be users making a case for Buffy standing a chance in this battle. It doesn't seem like it though. If Buffy fans themselves claim that Buffy loses, then I don't think much cases can be made in favor of Buffy for this battle.