texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By texasdeathmatch

No Caption Provided

Midnighter w/ standard gear  (battle computer and staff)

vs
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Omega Red

Lady Deathstrike
Sabretooth (no adamantium)
Silver Samurai
Deadpool (twin katanas and uzis)
Cyber (original body)
Daken (post bonding, pre Wolverine ripping them out)

Midnighter has infiltrated a Weapon X facility, killing all of the guards and obtaining secret documents. As a result, Professor Thorton hires and sends out enemies of Wolverine to hunt down this culprit. The rogues have no idea who Midnighter is and vice versa. However, Midnighter is anticipating a super human retaliation at the facility. Can the team take him out?
lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By lagoon_boy
No. Midnighter stomps.
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@lagoon_boy: added Cyber and Daken...make a significant difference?
Warlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Warlord

Rogues stomp !

lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lagoon_boy
@texasdeathmatch: I'm still having difficulty on ways Midnighter could hurt Cyber, but I don't see Cyber doing things Midnighter already played through his computer thingy. So, probably a stalemate or Midnighter.
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@lagoon_boy: Thanks for your input. I could see Midnighter going for Cyber's exposed face area, via eye gouge or a staff to the grill
lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lagoon_boy
@texasdeathmatch:  No worries.
Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Jotham

Without combing through their pages, I can't think of anything Wolverine's guys have that would be a significant threat to Midnighter.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Silver2467

The Rogues. 

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@Jotham:@Silver2467: looks like we're at a disagreement
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

If Midnighter goes down he is taking pretty much all of them with him 

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By spidey 15
@Silver2467 said:
" The Rogues.  "
ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By ComicStooge

Midnighter, although it will be pretty hard if he's fighting them all at the same time.
Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By Jotham
@texasdeathmatch: They're all just physically powered characters, right? There's nothing really incredible power-wise that would give them an advantage. Midnighter's taken apart way more impressive teams before.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15  Edited By Erik

Midnighter kills them all at once and makes it look easy. If Daken was smart, he would just vanish from the battle. 

Achilles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Achilles.

Mids. He would have already figured them out by the time they get to him.

FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FLCL1
@lagoon_boy said:
" No. Midnighter stomps. "
this

why do people keep making these...
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Erik
@FLCL1:  
People think Midnighter is overrated against street levelers. Obviously they are wrong. 
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FLCL1
@erik said:
" @FLCL1:  People think Midnighter is overrated against street levelers. Obviously they are wrong.  "
lmao no they think midnighter IS a street leveler *facepalm* i mean if you dont know dick about a character then dont make the thread
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Erik
@FLCL1 said: 
lmao no they think midnighter IS a street leveler *facepalm* i mean if you dont know dick about a character then dont make the thread"
Nods approvingly. 
Avatar image for xavier_st__cloud
Xavier St. Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Xavier St. Cloud
@erik:
True about Midnighter, however even if he can think of ways to win, or defeat every person attacking him, it still has to be withen his abilitiy to do so, I don't know if Midnighter could take all these guys all at once, if they all jumped him at the same time, do you have proof of Midnighter being able to react quick enough? If you do, I will agree.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Xavier St. Cloud said:
" @erik: True about Midnighter, however even if he can think of ways to win, or defeat every person attacking him, it still has to be withen his abilitiy to do so, I don't know if Midnighter could take all these guys all at once, if they all jumped him at the same time, do you have proof of Midnighter being able to react quick enough? If you do, I will agree. "
He certainly can he knows all of their powers weaknesses moves and fighting styles. He always has on average over 50 win win situations to choose from in his battle computer as in there is no possible way for him to lose going by that scenario and than he will follow that goal and win most likely taking out Daken and Red First
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By FLCL1
@Xavier St. Cloud said:
" @erik: True about Midnighter, however even if he can think of ways to win, or defeat every person attacking him, it still has to be withen his abilitiy to do so, I don't know if Midnighter could take all these guys all at once, if they all jumped him at the same time, do you have proof of Midnighter being able to react quick enough? If you do, I will agree. "
it is.he can.they'll die.
Avatar image for xavier_st__cloud
Xavier St. Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Xavier St. Cloud
@Son_of_Magnus:
True but is he quicker than all of these guys all comming at him all at the same time. Its like dodging multiple bullets, if seven shots are all fired at you all at the same time, even if you are quick enough to dodge a bullet, even if the bullet is slow to you, dodging seven bullets all comming at you, all at once could be your ass.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Erik
@Xavier St. Cloud said:
I do not have the scans and issue references. But I know for a fact that Buckshot does. Since he hovers over Midnighter threads to ensure people understand what kind of beast Midnighter is, I expect Buckshot to make an appearance soon. 
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Xavier St. Cloud said:
" @Son_of_Magnus: True but is he quicker than all of these guys all comming at him all at the same time. Its like dodging multiple bullets, if seven shots are all fired at you all at the same time, even if you are quick enough to dodge a bullet, even if the bullet is slow to you, dodging seven bullets all comming at you, all at once could be your ass. "
Midnighter can dodge a bullet like nothing you also forget he probably has the best healing factor here
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@erik said:
" @FLCL1 said: 
lmao no they think midnighter IS a street leveler *facepalm* i mean if you dont know dick about a character then dont make the thread"
Nods approvingly.  "
Um, no street leveler can take on all these guys at the same time.  I know a good amount of Midnighter, I just figured with these many dudes, he might get overwhelmed (because he usually takes on teams by killing one person at a time). No need to get on your high horse for this one, guys, haha.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Erik
@texasdeathmatch said:
" @erik said:
" @FLCL1 said: 
Nods approvingly.  "
Um, no street leveler can take on all these guys at the same time.  I know a good amount of Midnighter, I just figured with these many dudes, he might get overwhelmed (because he usually takes on teams by killing one person at a time). No need to get on your high horse for this one, guys, haha. "
I actually was not nodding about the statement that you do not know about Midnighter, it was for Midnighter not actually being a street leveler. It was not intended to be a slap in your proverbial face. 
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@erik: ah, well you should probably emphasize on which part of FLCL's statement you agree with, because it seems like he was directing all of that towards me. But my feeling are still hurt, nonetheless
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Erik
@texasdeathmatch said:
" @erik: ah, well you should probably emphasize on which part of FLCL's statement you agree with, because it seems like he was directing all of that towards me. But my feeling are still hurt, nonetheless "
I agree. I can see where I made a mistake. I apologize for the misunderstanding. 
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By texasdeathmatch

big badabump

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Chaos Prime

How does Midnighter go about beating this team with Omega Red on the roster?
Just asking bye the way :-)

Avatar image for reversenegative
ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 6

#33  Edited By ReverseNegative

Midnighter

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34  Edited By Static Shock
@FLCL1: Always keeping it real, I see. LOL.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#35  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Midnighter most likely loses. I am tired of the fan boy worship of him. He is a very skilled and very deadly character but most of his feats are against no-name D-list characters and cannon fodder. Nemesis has one-upped him (without using her forcefields), Zealot has stalemated him before. This many high level characters (especially Omega Red) will beat him if he doesn't have doors.

Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Can someone tell me why four of those guys cant stand toe-to-toe with this guy
while red grabs him starts sucking the life out of him and releasing his pheremone
then have silver samurai cut this guy into chinese food.
I mean none of the weaponx guys are really A-lister's but they didn't get their genetics all messed up 
(with the exception of sabretooth "oh i'm scared of needles wanh-wanh" pansy) to go done to some fighting PC.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

#37  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@Lunacyde said:
" Midnighter most likely loses. I am tired of the fan boy worship of him. He is a very skilled and very deadly character but most of his feats are against no-name D-list characters and cannon fodder. Nemesis has one-upped him (without using her forcefields), Zealot has stalemated him before. This many high level characters (especially Omega Red) will beat him if he doesn't have doors. "
You named two characters that have been warriors since before human civilization. Those aren't bad showings (especially since one didn't beat him and in the other fight Midnighter was distracted by his teammate).  How much fodder does it take to be a credible threat? A dozen? A few score? He's killed that many without being touched once. A thousand? A million? He's fought that many without being hurt. Even if they were normal humans with no powers or skill, it reaches a point where the numbers really are their own issue and require skill and ability to deal with. And this idea that he fights no one with a background (I'm not sure why that matters though if their abilities can be established quickly and when long time fighters can have more inconsistent displays of abilities than new characters) is just wrong. He took on his team and got out ahead. He's taken on himself and won. He's beaten someone that demonstrated an intelligence and skill level that allowed him to down The Authority. He's fought with Jack Hawksmoor multiple times and shown skill there. The two characters you mentioned before, several-thousand-year-old warriors from cultures that venerate violence with near-Spider-Man level stats have trouble with him even when they go in knowing what he can do. Yes, he kills lots of people easily, but it literally could not go another way if he were to be the character they built him to be. If he had a hard time with them, then he wouldn't be as good of a killing machine would he? If he fought established characters regularly either they would die or fans would constantly be dissatisfied by a battle with no satisfying outcome (because the WSU is never going to kill Grifter...for real). From what I've seen Midnighter routinely fights a few kinds of characters. Fodder which he kills by the truckload (still impressive because even a little power multiplied a few times is dangerous), characters with quickly established capabilities (Midnighter ripping the head off a guy that is unharmed by flying into the ground at a few hundred miles per hour, or killing a couple superhuman robots that can depower him with a touch, is significant even if they haven't been around for years), analogues of characters we know (which can give a general feeling of a feat) and characters with long-established histories that he's not allowed to kill (which can still establish his skill by looking at their resumes and the fight). He's done a mix of these for long enough that there are things you can say about Midnighter.

I think, as usual, the trick here is him using them against each other. Deadpool is great. He's too chaotic to be truly useful to his team (made of characters he doesn't actually care about and in a couple cases, has tried to kill before). Better than that though are Omega Red and Daken, who will be waving around pheromones that can affect their teammates MORE than Midnighter (he's displayed the ability to resist pheromones very well and after an initial exposure be completely immune, and he could also just stop breathing, he's shown he doesn't need to as often as anyone else in the fight). Daken is also equipped with two blades that Midnighter can use to easily kill most of the other characters after he takes Daken, making him a quick first target. His enemies primarily fight solo so he can use that against them. I'm not saying they'd be purposefully going after each other, but they're not going to be a well-oiled team and they're going to be more focused on Midnighter than each other, and he can use that.  If it were just the stats and physical stuff working against Midnighter, they'd probably beat him, but these are all characters, not just power sets. Things like their minds, their ability to work together, to stay focused, to take him seriously, their lack of knowledge of Midnighter, etc are just as real as what they can do physically and Midnighter can exploit those things. (And knowing what they're all going to do before they do never hurts.)

@erik said:
" @Xavier St. Cloud said:
I do not have the scans and issue references. But I know for a fact that Buckshot does. Since he hovers over Midnighter threads to ensure people understand what kind of beast Midnighter is, I expect Buckshot to make an appearance soon.  "

Lol. I don't hover, but WS threads attract me and the only WS characters people seem to know are Midnighter and Majestic. It's not my fault the rest of the WSU is neglected.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Buckshot: You're acting as if me saying he probably loses to these guys is an insult. Quite the contrary, these are all very credible threats to any street level character. I can't think of any true street level character who should beat Omega Red. I didn't say he wasn't a good or even great character, all I said is that people tend to grossly overestimate him and put him on a level where no one can touch him. I don't dislike Midnighter, quite the contrary i enjoy his character, however I think this needs to be looked at subjectively. Also not trying to downgrade him by the mention of Zealot or Nemesis (they are favorites of mine after all) but characters like Omega Red are just as dangerous. 

Also as a quick rebuttal I know Midnighter's senses allow him to detect opponents abilities, but how is he to know that Dakens blades have the effect they do with no prior knowledge or prep? Also I believe Daken has a control over his pheremones enough that it wouldn't be an issue but i may have to talk to Morpheus about it.
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By difficlus

Midnighter stomps the rest, doors Cyber to the center of the sun...

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@difficlus: Even Omega Red you say?
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#41  Edited By Lance Uppercut

Better than that though are Omega Red and Daken, who will be waving around pheromones that can affect their teammates MORE than Midnighter

Untrue. Omega Red has displayed uncanny control over his pheromones, for instance having them effect soldiers rather then two children he was holding, or having them effect Nightcrawler and not Lady Deathstrike. I believe Daken can do the same.
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By difficlus
@Lunacyde: everyone, and just to be clear he would door them all the center of the sun if he wanted...
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@difficlus: Where does it specify in the OP that he has Doors? It says he only has his Battle Computer and a staff. Secondly this battle is pointless with doors so why even post it?
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By difficlus
@Lunacyde: well you said with standard gear and doors is part of it. OK he takes them all without it either way.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@difficlus: I didn't write the OP so i didn't say it lol, but usually when things are specified in parentheses that means those oare the items they are talking about.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Lance Uppercut said:
"

Better than that though are Omega Red and Daken, who will be waving around pheromones that can affect their teammates MORE than Midnighter

Untrue. Omega Red has displayed uncanny control over his pheromones, for instance having them effect soldiers rather then two children he was holding, or having them effect Nightcrawler and not Lady Deathstrike. I believe Daken can do the same. "
Lady Deathstrike was wearing protection (lol)
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@k4tzm4n:
It was a first...
Yaujtapool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Yaujtapool

Should have added the Gorgon as well.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Yaujtapool said:
"Should have added the Gorgon as well. "

Yeah that way Buckshot can have Midnighter decapitating him and using his stare against his own team :P
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Can I see some scans of Midnighter?  How does he bypass the pheromones / death spores???