Michael the Archangel vs Zeus, Odin, & Ra

• 100 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nickj54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nickj54

The Archangel Michael from the Bible 
 vs 
Zeus, Odin, & Ra from mythology 

Zeus has all the Greek Gods 
Odin has all the Norse Gods 
Ra has all the Egyptian Gods 

Who wins.
nickj54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By nickj54

Please Comment
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By King_Saturn
lol 
Three Gods die at the hand of one Archangel...
Dro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Dro

Here's how it breaks down:

If you're a follower of Christianity, Michael wins, because God is all-powerful and provides the tools. The others, being false gods, don't have the strength to mess with true gods.

If you're a follower of ancient Greek religion, Zeus wins, because he's supreme being, and Michael is powered by a false god.

If you're a follower of ancient Norse religion, Odin wins for the same reason. I think we're detecting a pattern here.

Same if you're a follower of ancient Egyptian religion.

And if you're an atheist, nobody wins, because there is no god, so they're all fake.

WindCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By WindCloud

Awesome !  You just answered your own question.  Nice.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By King_Saturn
@Dro said:
" Here's how it breaks down:  If you're a follower of Christianity, Michael wins, because God is all-powerful and provides the tools. The others, being false gods, don't have the strength to mess with true gods.  If you're a follower of ancient Greek religion, Zeus wins, because he's supreme being, and Michael is powered by a false god.  If you're a follower of ancient Norse religion, Odin wins for the same reason. I think we're detecting a pattern here.  Same if you're a follower of ancient Egyptian religion.  And if you're an atheist, nobody wins, because there is no god, so they're all fake. "
thats cute... but I dont think thats quite how it has to work... I mean I was thinking moreso from a Comic Book Perspective... and off top the main concept I can think of as Michael in comics... is Michael Demuirgos... who is in fact above Zeus, Odin and Ra who all appear in Marvel or DC Comics...
Dro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dro
@King Saturn said:
" @Dro said:
" Here's how it breaks down:  If you're a follower of Christianity, Michael wins, because God is all-powerful and provides the tools. The others, being false gods, don't have the strength to mess with true gods.  If you're a follower of ancient Greek religion, Zeus wins, because he's supreme being, and Michael is powered by a false god.  If you're a follower of ancient Norse religion, Odin wins for the same reason. I think we're detecting a pattern here.  Same if you're a follower of ancient Egyptian religion.  And if you're an atheist, nobody wins, because there is no god, so they're all fake. "
thats cute... but I dont think thats quite how it has to work... I mean I was thinking moreso from a Comic Book Perspective... and off top the main concept I can think of as Michael in comics... is Michael Demuirgos... who is in fact above Zeus, Odin and Ra who all appear in Marvel or DC Comics... "
Eh, he said from mythology, so I was going by the mythology, which is really kind of a misleading word, since they're actually more than just mythological characters, being that entire religions were based around beliefs in these pantheons as supreme rulers over everything. Anyways, mythologically, it really depends on what you believe in, since each chief deity is supreme to his respective religion.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By King_Saturn
@Dro said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Dro said:
thats cute... but I dont think thats quite how it has to work... I mean I was thinking moreso from a Comic Book Perspective... and off top the main concept I can think of as Michael in comics... is Michael Demuirgos... who is in fact above Zeus, Odin and Ra who all appear in Marvel or DC Comics... "
Eh, he said from mythology, so I was going by the mythology, which is really kind of a misleading word, since they're actually more than just mythological characters, being that entire religions were based around beliefs in these pantheons as supreme rulers over everything. Anyways, mythologically, it really depends on what you believe in, since each chief deity is supreme to his respective religion. "
but Michael isnt Supreme... so why would a Christian say that Michael is greater than these other deitys ? 
Dro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dro
@King Saturn said:
" @Dro said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Dro said:
Eh, he said from mythology, so I was going by the mythology, which is really kind of a misleading word, since they're actually more than just mythological characters, being that entire religions were based around beliefs in these pantheons as supreme rulers over everything. Anyways, mythologically, it really depends on what you believe in, since each chief deity is supreme to his respective religion. "
but Michael isnt Supreme... so why would a Christian say that Michael is greater than these other deitys ?  "
Because the other deities aren't real, so they have no real power. Technically, to a Christian, the other deities are fictional and don't exist. The same really applies for each religion.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By King_Saturn
@Dro said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Dro said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Dro said:
but Michael isnt Supreme... so why would a Christian say that Michael is greater than these other deitys ?  "
Because the other deities aren't real, so they have no real power. Technically, to a Christian, the other deities are fictional and don't exist. The same really applies for each religion. "
ah... but Michael only has power into what is given to him by The Father... otherwise he can do nothing himself... so technically Michael is powerless also... lol 
Dro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dro
@King Saturn said:
" @Dro said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Dro said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Dro said:
Because the other deities aren't real, so they have no real power. Technically, to a Christian, the other deities are fictional and don't exist. The same really applies for each religion. "
ah... but Michael only has power into what is given to him by The Father... otherwise he can do nothing himself... so technically Michael is powerless also... lol  "
Well, not exactly. Michael will defeat or already has defeated (I can't remember which) some world-ending dragon, so he's not powerless. I'm just saying that, from a Christian perspective, since Michael's powers are derived from the one true God, he will be stronger than the powers of any false god.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By King_Saturn
@Dro said: 
ah... but Michael only has power into what is given to him by The Father... otherwise he can do nothing himself... so technically Michael is powerless also... lol  "
Well, not exactly. Michael will defeat or already has defeated (I can't remember which) some world-ending dragon, so he's not powerless. I'm just saying that, from a Christian perspective, since Michael's powers are derived from the one true God, he will be stronger than the powers of any false god. "
right... and who's power is it that you think Michael will slay this Dragon with ? you think Michael can do this under his own power ? why do you think Michael is able to fight and win against Lucifer in the Bible ? Its because The Father gives Michael the power to battle him... and he binds the hands of Satan... otherwise... Michael would be in trouble against Lucifer... he cant handle Lucifer under his own power... cause he doesnt have any power of his own in the first place... 
Dro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dro
@King Saturn said:
" @Dro said: 
Well, not exactly. Michael will defeat or already has defeated (I can't remember which) some world-ending dragon, so he's not powerless. I'm just saying that, from a Christian perspective, since Michael's powers are derived from the one true God, he will be stronger than the powers of any false god. "
right... and who's power is it that you think Michael will slay this Dragon with ? you think Michael can do this under his own power ? why do you think Michael is able to fight and win against Lucifer in the Bible ? Its because The Father gives Michael the power to battle him... and he binds the hands of Satan... otherwise... Michael would be in trouble against Lucifer... he cant handle Lucifer under his own power... cause he doesnt have any power of his own in the first place...  "
Very true. But so that turns it into a good day/bad day scenario for Michael. If God wants him to win, Michael will win. If not, Michael loses. You can't really say, because you can't really know what God's thinking, right? But I'd bet on God wanting Michael to win, thus providing him with the power to defeat the other false gods.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By King_Saturn
@Dro said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Dro said: 
right... and who's power is it that you think Michael will slay this Dragon with ? you think Michael can do this under his own power ? why do you think Michael is able to fight and win against Lucifer in the Bible ? Its because The Father gives Michael the power to battle him... and he binds the hands of Satan... otherwise... Michael would be in trouble against Lucifer... he cant handle Lucifer under his own power... cause he doesnt have any power of his own in the first place...  "
Very true. But so that turns it into a good day/bad day scenario for Michael. If God wants him to win, Michael will win. If not, Michael loses. You can't really say, because you can't really know what God's thinking, right? But I'd bet on God wanting Michael to win, thus providing him with the power to defeat the other false gods. "
the problem is the OP doesnt give us the benefit of saying The Father is backing Michael here... it just says Michael of the Bible versus those other Three Gods... so if its Michael under his own power... he could be in trouble here... though there hasnt been an instance that I can recall of in the BIble where Angels appeared that were not sent by God... or permitted to do evil ( Demons or Satan in this case )... 
Avatar image for emerald_general_jai
Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

I'll back Michael. 

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By castleking
i dont see john travolta winning this one. 

the only way i see michael winning is if ppl use the same BS that they use for spectre
buns134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By buns134

Michael The Archangel i say

whitecracka23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hay, Ass Butt!!! Did you just Molotov my brother? Ah, no.

Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Zeus easily. Zeus, Ra, or Odin could solo. Michael has no powers apart from when God backs him up. Even then Orphic Zeus is at least equivalent to Yahweh.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God>Angel.

Any one of team God solos.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If God wants Archangel Michael to win, he will win. if not he won't. You can't really use Archangel Michael in a battle thread and not give him God's favor because as an angel he cannot act without God's will. Besides that, he has no feats to gauge his power because he has never acted without God's will because he lacks free will to act without God's will.

Also a note. Orphic Zeus is equal to Yahweh? Then he's omnipotent and can't be used in the battle forum anyway.

Especially not against Michael who is powered by God, another omnipotent. Who can make Michael omnipotent if he chooses to, because he can do anything he desires because he's omnipotent. Now you have three omnipotent beings in the battle! Three man! But wait, if all three are omnipotent then they can't possibly be omnipotent because they can't all be more powerful than one another! Except... Dear God, they can. They can totally all be omnipotent at once because an omnipotent being can be both more powerful and less powerful than something if it chooses to! So what happens if an omnipotent being tries to defeat an omnipotent being? They can't defeat- BUT WAIT. An omnipotent being can defeat an omnipotent, but also can't be defeated even by another omnipotent. What is this? This is madness! My mind! It's... it's..!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By ShootingNova

This thread deserves to be locked anyways.

Avatar image for redxiii18881990
Redxiii18881990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait are people arguing that the archangel has no powers without being backed up by god. Because that makes no sense as his powers come from god like everything else (if you believe that nonsense) technically which ever one is true if any would be the most powerful thus the winner. If it's Christianity then the angel wins as the other don't exist. And if Christianity is a load of nonsense and one of the others is true then they would win as they exist and others don't. And if none exist then nothingness can't fight nothingness.

Now if it's on comic characters of the same names/things then it's a whole different ball game.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Team should win.

thedragon9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

micheal wins this fight it is unfair to the gods and it is not easy for them to even match micheal in power even if they are at there most powerful this would end in all there deaths this is because god is truly all powerful there are non above him only below him and micheal is second below along with lucifer micheal can take on anybody and win with ease im sorry fo people that dont like to read this but its true

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God>Angel.

Any one of team God solos.

martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By martian

@princearagorn1: They're not really Gods only Godlings! Abrahamic God> All Godlings combined. Angels>All Godlings combined! Archangel Michael murderstomps!

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Agnostics win

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@martian_ said:

@princearagorn1: They're not really Gods only Godlings! Abrahamic God> All Godlings combined. Angels>All Godlings combined! Archangel Michael murderstomps!

doesn't even make sense. So.. God > Angel > God?

lol.

There is no possible way for an angel to ever beat a God. Any one of the God team curbstomps.

martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By martian

@princearagorn1: They're not Gods they're Godlings! You're not comparing the Abrahamic God to these inferiors are you? So, Abrahamic God>Angel> Lower Inferior Gods, yes. And isnt Odin mortal?

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@martian_ said:

@princearagorn1: They're not Gods they're Godlings!

Says what?

The OP says mythology versions. Meaning Gods.

martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By martian

@princearagorn1: Godlings are considered to be lower inferior Gods and that is what they are compared to the Abrahamic God! And Odin isn't even immortal.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@martian_ said:

@princearagorn1: Godlings are considered to be lower inferior Gods and that is what they are compared to the Abrahamic God! And Odin isn't even immortal.

There -are- no Godlings here. Odin is a God, so unless you can show me michael beating God before, it's not happening here.

martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: Are you seriously arguing the Abrahamic God is not superior? The Abrahamic God is superior to all lower Gods and so is the Archangel Michael who is second only to Him, fact! Only the Abrahamic God can stop Michael, fact. You never answered my question about Odin, though , he is mortal is he not?

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@martian_ said:

Are you seriously arguing the Abrahamic God is not superior? The Abrahamic God is superior to all lower Gods and so is the Archangel Michael who is second only to Him, fact! Only the Abrahamic God can stop Michael, fact. You never answered my question about Odin, though , he is mortal is he not?

There is no such thing as lower God lol.

Odin is a God. He's as superior to the "lower Gods", too, whatever that means.

As long as michael hasn't shown capable of beating God, he isn't beating odin. or zeur. or ra. Any one of them solostomp the angel.

martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By martian

Are you seriously arguing that these three are equal to the Abrahamic God, yes or no? Odin, Zeus, and Ra are not equal to the Abrahamic God. The Abrahamic God is superior to all three of them, his power is beyond all limits!

HotCoffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dro said:

And if you're an atheist, nobody wins, because there is no god, so they're all fake.

No.. In fact this is only an interesting question if you're an atheist, because then you can threat the mythologies as comics and compare them based on feats, like any battle on here. No comic reader believes that comic characters really exist, either.

You can't really use Archangel Michael in a battle thread and not give him God's favor because as an angel he cannot act without God's will. Besides that, he has no feats to gauge his power because he has never acted without God's will because he lacks free will to act without God's will.

Not true. Angels ignored gods will before. They became fallen angels, aka demons (under the lead of Satan). So Michael has a free will, he's just chosen to stay loyal to God.

In any case, as an atheist, it's obvious that three pantheons combined should be able to defeat a single archangel. Not really a fair match.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@martian_ said:

Are you seriously arguing that these three are equal to the Abrahamic God, yes or no?

yes.

Odin, Zeus, and Ra are not equal to the Abrahamic God.

Sure they are. All four are Gods. Equal.

The Abrahamic God is superior to all three of them,

lol.

his power is beyond all limits!

over 9000!

martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By martian

@princearagorn1: But, Biblical God is omnipotent, omnipresent, incapable of making mistakes! The other three are not. Do you at least concede that?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@martian_ said:

@princearagorn1: But, Biblical God is omnipotent, omnipresent, incapable of making mistakes! The other three are not. Do you at least concede that?

As long as the other three are Gods, there is no reason for them to lose. And they are. lol.

martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: That makes no sense. One God has is omnipotent, omninpresent, and incapable of error and the other three are not. I can't possibly imagine how they can win. Biblical God is incapable of being defeated and could think them out of existence. But I think the problem with this argument is that you believe all 4 are equal. I think you are the only poster that believes this. That's like arguing the Earth is flat when you know its not.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@martian_: These aren't comic book characters to compare feats and go for a battle. As long as they are actual Gods, there's no reason for them to lose.

When has Biblical God thought another God out of existence, exactly?

That's like arguing the Earth is flat when you know its not.

The situations are completely different lol.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I suppose seeing as the others are dead religions the logical option would be to go with Michael

martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By martian

@princearagorn1: No, its not. You are arguing your answer on the basis that Biblical God is not more powerful than other three and that is false. Omnipotence,Omnipresence, and Infallibility are traits only the Abrahamic God possesses. One is incapable of error and has never been defeated but Zeus, Odin, and Ra have lost battles before, have they not? Also, in the comics wouldn't Biblical God be compared to TOAA which is vastly superior to and above Zeus, Ra, and Odin? Oh, and I meant that Biblical God has the actual power to think anyone or anything out of existence because he is omnipotent.

Are Zeus, Ra, and Odin omnipotent, no. Are they omnipresent, no. Are they incapable of making mistakes, no again. So, How are they even close to being equal to Biblical God?

Oh, and please answer my question about the Norse Pantheon in general, and Odin in particular, is Odin mortal, yes or no?

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@martian_:

As long as he hasn't beaten a God, he isn't beating anyone else here. This isn't a comicbook character where you compare powers and abilities, put in feats, and decide the victor. Between two actual Gods, the answer's always a stalemate.

And as long as michael is an angel, he isn't beating God.

in the comics wouldn't Biblical God be compared to TOAA

This isn't comic version. Irrelevant.

Oh, and I meant that Biblical God has the actual power to think anyone or anything out of existence because he is omnipotent.

...And he has done that to a God when?

martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, I get it! Not only are you trolling me, you're wrong, lol. You are the only poster who believes Biblical God is not more powerful than Zeus, Ra, and Odin. I'm pretty sure the majority of posters when asked which God is more powerful, would choose Biblical God. Do a poll or a thread and I'm sure I would be proven correct. You don't deny Biblical God is Omnipotent, Omnipresent, and Infallible and yet you equate him to Gods that are not. You won't concede even the basic facts so I truly wonder if you are capable of being honest about this subject. This is my final response to you on this subject but I will concede it was fun!

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1:

Actually there is a myth of Jesus entering Hades and casting out the god of the underworld to free the lost souls within. Christianity had a tendency to overwrite the stories of other cultures in order to more easily incorporate them into Christian beliefs. Likewise the story of Ragnarok ends with the beginning of Adam and Eve.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor: Well, every religion which came in contact influenced the other in some way. Even different streams of same religion did..

afueikawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The religion of Christianity dominates all religions.

God's words cannot be undone by anyone even Jesus.

Anyways, this thread somehow violates the battle rules, since if it is mythology, all of 'em are omnipotent beings in their respective pantheons.