Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SAR_Annihilator
No Caption Provided

Shinya Kamihara vs. Kai Chisaki

Rules/Conditions/Settings/Scenario

Edgeshot has been sent to take out Overhaul so the Hassaki movement doesnt continue to lay its mark all around Japan. While the Police and other heroes take care of the Hassaki, Edgeshot goes right after Overhaul.

• No prep
  • Standard Gear
  • No knowledge
  • In-Character
  • Takes place in the Hassaki base were Overhaul fought Lemillion
  • Win by any means

Round 1- Base Overhaul

Round 2- Fused with Shin Nemoto

Round 3- Fused with Rikiya Katsukame

Callouts:

My first MHA thread.

Avatar image for deactivated-60c9f3f5e3372
deactivated-60c9f3f5e3372

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Edgeshot.

Belando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd go with Overhaul due to his feat against Rappa. He should be fast enough in all stages to tag Edgeshot, and if not, AOE attacks eventually secures the win.

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
xMangog__Beastx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@belando: Definitely agree with you on everything but is Base Overhaul really that fast? Mirio was giving him a ahard time and i'd say Edgeshot is a bit faster than him due to his showings against All for One at Kamino Ward of course.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@belando: Wouldn't Edgeshot win?

His entire title is based around speed itself, that's one of the reasons why he has his reputation, even when he was first introduced he was implied to be one of the fastest in Boku no Hero Academia he's way faster than any version of Deku ( Expect 45% ) He fought against Re Drestro and won, someone who even at 80% should be stronger than any member of his army including characters that could keep up with Toga someone who was faster than Aiwaza and even caught him with a attack, in vigilantes you have Aiwaza pulling some villian out of the way before Endeavor could kill him.

Overhaul barley reacted to Shigaraki someone who got blitzed by Drestro even when he wasn't at full power then you have Edgeshot being faster than sound which is pretty impressive because he is the only character who the creator actually cared enough to call "Fast" or impressive.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1: Edgeshot

R2: Edgeshot

R3: Overhaul

Belando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xmangog__beastx:is Base Overhaul really that fast

I feel like I've overused this argument a bit, but Overhaul was able to blitz Rappa several times, appearing to have effortlessly swiped by him and tapped him to instantly win the fights. And we know that O'clock with Overclock can't even find an opening against Rappa. Edgeshot and Endeavor did distract AFO though, which is impressive but not as established as this.

@v9: you have weaker characters being able to handle a FP Geten

I'm not sure what you mean by this or how it relates to Edgeshot.

Edgeshot fought against Re Drestro someone who has great AoE feats.

We didn't see anything of their battle.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@belando said:

@xmangog__beastx:is Base Overhaul really that fast

I feel like I've overused this argument a bit, but Overhaul was able to blitz Rappa several times, appearing to have effortlessly swiped by him and tapped him to instantly win the fights. And we know that O'clock with Overclock can't even find an opening against Rappa. Edgeshot and Endeavor did distract AFO though, which is impressive but not as established as this.

Wasn't Overclock l holding back the entire time?

@v9: you have weaker characters being able to handle a FP Geten

I'm not sure what you mean by this or how it relates to Edgeshot.

You keep saying AoE is a problem even though Edgeshot fought people who do things such as Overhaul.

Edgeshot fought against Re Drestro someone who has great AoE feats.

We didn't see anything of their battle.

Edgeshot won the fight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only problem I have with your answer on the battle itself @belando is that Base Overhaul wins.

Belando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v9:

Wasn't Overclock l holding back the entire time?

He specifically stated he can't find an opening.

You keep saying AoE is a problem even though Edgeshot fought people who do things such as Overhaul.

We've never seen Edgeshot fight anyone like Overhaul. We've seen Overhaul raise and change the terrain at a massive scale around him.

Edgeshot won the fight.

I'll repeat myself. We didn't see anything of their battle. We have no idea how they fought, why it ended as it did, or who was involved.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He specifically stated he can't find an opening.

As far as I can tell, Overclock l wasn't using the full extent of his quirk.

We've never seen Edgeshot fight anyone like Overhaul. We've seen Overhaul raise and change the terrain at a massive scale around him.

Does it matter? As far as I can tell a lot of people in the series fight things they never fought before, like for example Deku when he fought Lady Nagant he never fought someone who snipes from afar and is a long range fighter in fact Deku never fought any long range fighter from a long range before in his life, though he was equipped it really did not matter did it? Also Overhaul's attacks are pretty slow, you have people like 8% Deku being able to react and dodge.

I'll repeat myself. We didn't see anything of their battle. We have no idea how they fought, why it ended as it did, or who was involved.

Yeah that's accurate.

But honestly I doubt anyone in the area who was helping Edgeshot did anything considering he was the strongest in the area who was fighting the leader in the first place.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@belando: Look I'm not going to debate anymore if you think Base Overhaul defeats Edgeshot that's fine by your standards, but by mine nope. But I really don't want to get into a heated debate with someone as skilled as you ok?

Belando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v9: As far as I can tell, Overclock l wasn't using the full extent of his quirk.

And from what I can read and see, he can't find an opening with his quirk active, which Overhaul did effortlessly.

Does it matter?

Yes, because everything else is speculation.

As far as I can tell a lot of people in the series fight things they never fought before, like for example Deku when he fought Lady Nagant he never fought someone who snipes from afar and is a long range fighter in fact Deku never fought any long range fighter from a long range before in his life, though he was equipped it really did not matter did it?

This doesn't make sense to me.
You are using an argument where we did get to see how Deku handle it. But before we got to see it, it could've been speculations versus something concrete. At the same time regarding this attempted line of arguing, we've already seen Deku handle bullets before and danger sense is a good tool against them.

Overhaul's attacks are pretty slow

Deku's 8% wasn't enough, nor was Nighteye's foresight. They were losing against him and Deku had to utilize 20%, which wasn't enough either.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@belando: Didn't you see the comment above?

There's no agruement anymore.

Belando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v9: No problem, but you can't get the last word and then say the argument is over. Let the other person in the debate respond before you start something new, and then it's fine to call it quits.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for dalastuchihaman
DaLastUchihaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Edgeshot is one of the trickiest heroes. Can Overhaul even load him up?

endeavorsan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By endeavorsan

Can't Edgeshot transform his whole body? If so he should be too fast and small to be touched or hurt by spikes. I don't know if he can blitz since characters speeds are kinda inconsistent in this series but eventually he will win.

@xmangog__beastx: Mirio was giving him a a hard time and i'd say Edgeshot is a bit faster than him due to his showings against All for One at Kamino Ward of course.

Mirio was able to predict Overhaul's attacks and didn't overpower him by speed but with his fighting ability. And by feats he would lose horribly to Overhaul if he didn't have a ridiculous plot armour. The only explanation i have is that OH became dizzy after getting hit in the head a few times.

Also Overhaul's attacks are pretty slow, you have people like 8% Deku being able to react and dodge.

I disagree. Mirio stated his attacks were very fast. Both him and %20 Deku couldn't dodge them properly. Edgeshot is faster than both tho.

gdara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Edgeshot wins the first two rounds.

But the 3rd round is the real problem.

Dripnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@belando: tbf, that was probably more so due to the burden on 20% Deku's at the time. I honestly believe Deku would have won if he were more skilled and experienced with 20%, especially since he had a speed edge.

Belando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Belando

@dripnic: Had he been a more talented fighter and not as limited by using 20% FC for one of the first times, he'd stand a better chance or possibly even win, yeah.