Avengers Academy #13
--Anubis--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By --Anubis--

How strong is Rockslide? Mettle is a 5-10 tonner, and i think it may be not enough to beat Rockslide

The_Warlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By The_Warlord
@--Anubis-- said:
How strong is Rockslide? Mettle is a 5-10 tonner, and i think it may be not enough to beat Rockslide
I think Mettle is stronger than that
--Anubis--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By --Anubis--
@Love said:
I think Mettle is stronger than that
i doubt it. His punches didn't hurt Spidey. And since he was cotrolled by Psycho-man, i'm assuming he wasn't pulling punches
Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Skaddix

Its Spidey in his own solo. Of course he was not hurt.

Anole has one shotted Rockslide before.

JEdThing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JEdThing
@--Anubis--: i think mettle is stronger than that. I've read Rockslide is a 30 toner on one site and a 75 on another, i think 30 is more accurate.
madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By madrid_san

@JEdThing said:

@--Anubis--: i think mettle is stronger than that. I've read Rockslide is a 30 toner on one site and a 75 on another, i think 30 is more accurate.

I doubt Mettle is strong enough to hurt the nearly invulnerable Rockslide. What logic did you use to choose 30 tonnes over 75?

JEdThing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JEdThing
@madrid_san: more websites said 30 than 75. Could Rockslide hurt Mettle? He is nearly invulnerable as well.
Black_Kn1ght

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Black_Kn1ght

Id say Mettle

Argantyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Argantyr

One is covered with Iridium [Though it was called that, I wonder if it truly is, seems tougher than Iridium not to mention it looks different] and the other is a psionic entity made of rock, if anyone could enlighten me as to the average durability of such rock, I'd be happy, Rockslide if I recall could be damaged but pull himself together, save for being torn apart and having his body tossed away - Mettle on the other hand in an alternate timeline was sufficiently strong enough to grapple with Korvac [He wasn't winning, but he was losing due to intense cosmic radiation melting his flesh, not by being weaker] however that isn't Mettle's average showing, so we can discard that.

Mettle has ran with a car overhead and used a lamp post as a javelin, I'm willing to wager he's stronger than class 10. Discounting the time he fought against Korvac, have we ever seen Mettle get damaged? We atleast know his bulletproof, as bullets have consistently shown they ricocheted off of Mettle's body, and I also found a cover to Avengers Academy issue 19 where it appears Mettle is squaring off against Crusher Creel, if that fight does come to fruition, I suppose we'll see just how durable and strong Mettle truly is.

As of now, I'm leaning towards Mettle due to being composed of metal, even though Rockslide may be just as durable, stone tends to be brittle. However I'm not 100% sure who I believe would win in a fight.