• 75 results
Avatar image for deactivated-647b7d910a960
deactivated-647b7d910a960

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Meruem vs Younger Toguro (53 votes)

Meruem 19%
Toguro 74%
Draw 8%
No Caption Provided

Meruem post rose

vs

No Caption Provided

Younger Toguro

No Caption Provided
  • Rules
  • 1 day prep
  • knowledge of each other
  • 20 feet apart
  • post rose meruem with all his memories
  • takes place here

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Meruem

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Younger_Toguro

• 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WiseforAges

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even though I like Younger Toguro if their vs profiles are right on the money then he is going to get beaten down Meruem.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

pics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anime Toguro stomps

Raziel2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

should be a decent fight if its indeed Post Rose Meruem.

Both are tanks but Meruem has Range attacks and better IQ.

LimitBreaker1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

toguro should one shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bob74h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meruem has no real chance here

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At full power Toguro should win. Meruem was almost killed by a town level explosion. The spirit bomb Toguro was hit by before even reaching full power was arguably stronger than that.

pics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By pics

@alextheboss: A town level explosion that was detonated hundreds of meters underground, pulverizing rock as it came to the surface and wiping distant plateau's which are also hundreds of meters in width and height? I fail to see how you make this assertion, especially when the anime supports the nukes power by wiping cities off the map.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pics:

A town level explosion that was detonated hundreds of meters underground,

Evidence they were "hundreds of meters underground'? They only looked a few dozen meters underground at most.

pulverizing rock as it came to the surface and wiping distant plateau's which are also hundreds of meters in width and height?

Again, your size estimations seem way off. The plateaus weren't that big, and the edged of them only crumbled off, they weren't destroyed at all.

I fail to see how you make this assertion, especially when the anime supports the nukes power by wiping cities off the map.

It may be city level, but that would be it's max.

Avatar image for deactivated-638039c74e081
deactivated-638039c74e081

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toguro

pics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By pics

@alextheboss:

Evidence they were "hundreds of meters underground'? They only looked a few dozen meters underground at most.

Wow. You sure you're good at eyeballing things becuse "a few dozens meters" is absolutely a staggering result, not in the sense of being right, but straight-up wrong. The Bodhisattva had pummeled through a vast amount of rock, the distance between the rocky ceiling above and the ground is much larger than the statue itself, a statue that towers over a person, appearing a hundred meters or so, as for further proof of the debt of rock that Netero pummeled through was deep, his statue wasn't even visible to the crater in both debt and width, which would mean Netero already pummeled 100 to 200 meters worth of rock and still no sign of the bottom.

Again, your size estimations seem way off. The plateaus weren't that big, and the edged of them only crumbled off, they weren't destroyed at all.

The Plateau's were big in both width and height. When Meruem fired his Rage Blast, the beam itself dwarfed Knuckles APR, something which has shown to be the size of a human head and the beam in comparison to the Plateau was relatively small, advocating the size of said Plateau to be at least 200+ meters in width. The edge of the Plateau being the only thing crumbled off makes no sense either when the once seen surrounded Plateau's aren't around the explosion, the anime supports this notion of it also wiping Plateau's and removing the surrounding Plateau from the aftermath of the explosion.

It may be city level, but that would be it's max.

Sure, this is vague though. That doesn't assert the nuke to being 6 megatons or any lower when calcs put it at 20 Megatons or more, which is far above your average City busting nuke.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pics:

Wow. You sure you're good at eyeballing things becuse "a few dozens meters" is absolutely a staggering result, not in the sense of being right, but straight-up wrong. The Bodhisattva had pummeled through a vast amount of rock, the distance between the rocky ceiling above and the ground is much larger than the statue itself, a statue that towers over a person, appearing a hundred meters or so,

This is actually hilarious. You sarcastically say I'm good at eyeballing, then you go on to say you think the buddha statue is a hundred meters tall, which would make it as tall as f8ck*ng Godzilla. Go get your eyes checked.

pics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss: Godzilla literally ranges from different sizes and that still wouldn't make the statue as tall as Godzilla when I said the statue was 100 meters, in comparison to Zilla's 19 meter size advantage. The Bodhisattva has consistently gotten 100 meter sizes by calculations with the lowest being 50 meters.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pics: yeah those calcs are bull crap

This is the buddha

No Caption Provided

The colossal titan is a little over 50 meters tall...

No Caption Provided

pics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By pics

@alextheboss:

My god, is this really how we are going to do things? Alex, what you're doing is something called an equivalence fallacy, just because the sizes look similar does not mean both the scans intent were depicted to be equivalent, and I'm shocked that you of all people are going to these lengths to disprove my arguments which is the equivalent of just saying "no you're wrong"

But sure, I'll play along. You use a scan that is not only visually exaggerated but literally doesn't go against what I showed in post #20. Look at the Budda scan you picked, do you not see the issue here? The arms are extending further than the body itself which is straight-up wrong. The perspective that you see the Buddha statue is not an accurate view of what it appears like, especially when you tried and use an exaggerated scan to fit your argument while simultaneously using an equivalence fallacy, using your same logic, I can also use a fallacy to sustain my argument, by comparing the Bodhisvatta to this 100 m boat because they look...visually similar:

No Caption Provided

FFS, let's not use fallacies, there are other ways to disprove arguments, but this ain't it chief.

Avatar image for deactivated-60a965c6d6754
deactivated-60a965c6d6754

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toguru stomps

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By alextheboss

@pics: Bro, I wasn't showing they look similar, I was showing how the colossal titan was litearlly hundreds of tiems the size of the budah, lol. They aren't close at all, perspective or not.

We literally see the size of the hand compared to Mereum clear as day

No Caption Provided

We also see the size of the pillars compared to them

No Caption Provided

And we can see how those pillars compared the the height of the roof in the scan you showed

No Caption Provided

So stop trying to act smart when all the scans that exist directly contradict everything you claim, and then say I'm the one using a fallacy when it's literally YOU using the fallacy of straw man, as I never brought up them just looking similar in size or ignoring distance context or visual perspective. It's just clear to anyone with eyes that the collosal titan is way bigger than the budah, yet it's half the height you claim the budah to be.

pics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss:

You're literally contradicting yourself, yes, you are using an equivalence fallacy, my god. You literally said so yourself at the very end of your own post

It's just clear to anyone with eyes that the collosal titan is way bigger than the budah, yet it's half the height you claim the budah to be.

That's a damn equivalence fallacy. Just as I used the same logic to again sustain my argument, that 100-meter boat is comparable to the statue because they look similar.

We literally see the size of the hand compared to Mereum clear as day

That literally doesn't prove anything. The hand can be visible to Meruem himself, which appears as no contradiction when the arm is far more extensive, more than four times the length of the hand itself.

We also see the size of the pillars compared to them

Literally again, proves nothing. They appear equivalent to the very little bottom of the pillar, while the Bodhisvatta itself is towering a far distance relative to the pillars. Not to mention the bottom half of the pillar has a wide extension. It's taller than both Netero and Meruem and the Buddha Statue is many times larger.

And we can see how those pillars compared the the height of the roof in the scan you showed

They aren't even visible to the full height of the pillar, the fact you're trying to use how far it's extensive to the roof, yet ignoring how the Buddha statue looks in comparison to the Buddha from afar is staggering. Absolutely staggering.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pics:

You're literally contradicting yourself, yes, you are using an equivalence fallacy, my god. You literally said so yourself at the very end of your own post

That's a damn equivalence fallacy. Just as I used the same logic to again sustain my argument, that 100-meter boat is comparable to the statue because they look similar.

The statue doesn't look similar in height to that boat you posted...

The statue might be around 30 meters and the underground are might be 100 meters tall, or maybe a bit more at best, but that buddha clearly isn't 100 meters, and the underground area is not hundreds of meters tall. You can tell from the pillars, you can tell from the size of the buddah hands compared to a person, ect.

That literally doesn't prove anything. The hand can be visible to Meruem himself, which appears as no contradiction when the arm is far more extensive, more than four times the length of the hand itself.

the arms are damn near as long, if not longer than the buddah is tall.

Literally again, proves nothing. They appear equivalent to the very little bottom of the pillar, while the Bodhisvatta itself is towering a far distance relative to the pillars.

the pillars go to the roof so you know they have to be taller than the buddah no matter what angle you look at right? you can literally see Netero in that scan you posted and the statue looks to be about 20x taller than him. That would put it around 110 feet, which is like the 30 meters I stated earlier.

They aren't even visible to the full height of the pillar, the fact you're trying to use how far it's extensive to the roof, yet ignoring how the Buddha statue looks in comparison to the Buddha from afar is staggering. Absolutely staggering.

I was comparing them to the width not the height, jesus christ. You say absolutely staggering, but again my points keep flying over your head. You can find the width in the first scan, and then look at the width in the second and compare it to the height. A very easy calc, but I guess one too complicated for youl.

bob74h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Togashi's older manga yu yu hakusho had better feats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By pics

@alextheboss:

I can't post scans for now, since I'm on mobile currently, but the Buddha statue size will be put on hold since I find it entirely irrelevant to what was the point of said debate.

Even if you said the statue was 20-30 meters, the bomb would have still be detonated hundreds of meters below ground because the crater made from the Buddha was dwarfing it by many degrees.

Why would you compare them to the width of the pillar? As if it makes any difference, you don't scale something from width especially trying to supplement perspective if the arguments at hand is referring to height.

Nonetheless, you still badly represented Meruem's strength, making matters worse by using Pre-Rose Meruem dying to nuke as to discredit Post Rose Meruem's strength who is many times stronger than Pre-Rose.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pics:

Even if you said the statue was 20-30 meters, the bomb would have still be detonated hundreds of meters below ground because the crater made from the Buddha was dwarfing it by many degrees.

I wouldn't say hundreds, but it may have been 100-200 meters deep.

Why would you compare them to the width of the pillar? As if it makes any difference, you don't scale something from width especially trying to supplement perspective if the arguments at hand is referring to height.

You can calc the height of the beam by seeing how many times taller it is compared to how wide it is, so if you find the width by comparing it to a person, you can find the height.

Nonetheless, you still badly represented Meruem's strength, making matters worse by using Pre-Rose Meruem dying to nuke as to discredit Post Rose Meruem's strength who is many times stronger than Pre-Rose.

The problem is we don't really know how strong post rose Meruem is. The rose might be city level, which I'm fine with, but it one shot Meruem. Meruem should be town to small city level at best pre Rose. Post Rose he is probably somewhere in the city level range, but we really don't know for sure.

Sauce_God31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toguro is too much for mereum

OrangeCrush81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#36  Edited By OrangeCrush81

Any version of Toguro 80 Percent and beyond is too much for Meruem

Manga or Anime

Much faster and much higher attack potency

Avatar image for deactivated-63055bdc61167
deactivated-63055bdc61167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Toguro would take Meruem out with just air pressure

pics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss:

Hundreds is always in reference to 200 meters or more, so what I said quite relative to what you said.

Sure, you can scale the width of said object/structure...but eyeballing is unpressional. You didn't give much of an estimate and I disagree with 30 meter sized Bodhisattva, but even then manga panels are inconsistent, thus the portrayal of said size would lead to weird estimates, similar to pixel-scaling. There are scenes where it looks like Meruem and Netero are quite big and visible to the pillars but some where they appear quite small.

We don't know how strong he really is? Whatever that means, he has feats and a good idea where he sits. He vaporized a pretty big hill and is stated to a threat that military on the state level is the only thing stopping him at this point. So we have a pretty good understanding of Post Rose Meruem's strength. A simple nuke definitely isn't taking him out.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pics:

We don't know how strong he really is? Whatever that means, he has feats and a good idea where he sits. He vaporized a pretty big hill and is stated to a threat that military on the state level is the only thing stopping him at this point. So we have a pretty good understanding of Post Rose Meruem's strength. A simple nuke definitely isn't taking him out.

I just looked up a calc for Meruem's feat for destroying that hill and it was small city level. I don't know what makes you say a "simple" nuke can't take him out when nukes can do far more damage than what both the rose and Meruem has shown. The rose is basically supposed to be a nuke, and it took his pre rose form out. Post rose form might be able to take a rose blast, but there is no proof he would take a tsar bomb to the face.

Anyways, Toguro still probably wins. I think Meruem can probably make him go 100% though.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OrangeCrush81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#41  Edited By OrangeCrush81

@alextheboss said:

@orangecrush81: How fast do you think Toguro and Meruem are?

Younger Toguro scales way above D-Class Suzaku who is lighting speed+ with feats to back it. 6 entire tiers above, if we go by Demon Classification. He also statues other Upper B-Class at “100 Percent”, being uncuffed Yusuke.

Meruem should scale above God Speed Killua who is stated to be lighting speed.

With equalized speed, I still wouldn't think this to be close.

Even 80 Percent Toguro didn't take any damage from cuffed Yusuke's Spirit Gun which is stated to be more potent then any weapon on Earth by Kuwabara who can read energy. Whereas, Meruem was done in by a nuke attack from Netero.

Post Rose doesn't have any notable durability feats. Whereas 100 Percent Toguro is shown to have much much higher durability then 80 percent Toguro.

Pretty much no selling uncuffed Yusuke's Spirit Gun again, while 80 percent was getting beaten down very badly by just his punches.

100 percent of 100 Percent Toguro > 100 Percent Toguro >> UC Yusuke Spirit Gun >> UC Yusuke Punches > 80 Percent Toguro > Cuffed Yusuke's Spirt Gun >> Nuke > Pre-Rose Meruem's durability.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orangecrush81: I don't think there is anything proving Suzaku was lightning speed. Just because he was powered up by lightning, doesn't mean the moves themselves were that fast. And what proof is there that cuffued Yusuke's spriti gun is much stronger than a nuke?

DOGFIGHTER90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss: I don't know the logic behind comparing size from two completely different series to display a disparity in height.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dogfighter90: Maybe not, since you could argue the size was drawn badly in the other series, but even if you compare it to things in real life, or calc the height based off the humans, there is no way that budah statue is a hundred meters tall.

here is a size comparison with a human for comparison

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Can you understand why there is no way it's 100 meters?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DOGFIGHTER90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By DOGFIGHTER90

@alextheboss:Again, you're missing my point and repeating the same premise. Illustrated sizes are literally never 100% consistent with author intended sizes. Even worse is that you intend on comparing sizes in animated/drawn series which is a false equivalence. Here's an example.

Fisher Tiger (17'1
Fisher Tiger (17'1") & Jinbe (9'10")

Are you going to tell me that animators had heights in mind when illustrating this? What makes it egregious is that you're comparing sizes from different series which makes this even more muddy.

12'6" & 12"

You realize how stupid this shit is to use?

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

It's a shame I don't know the first guy

gelato_exotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By gelato_exotic

Never realized Buddha in a hand-drawn Manga is physically scalable to fucking Godzilla and eyeballed estimate of CGI Colossal Titan from the a completely different WIT Studio Anime and bodies from completely different mediums and franchsies with different artstyle and perspective from Togashi this is some real big brain thinking man.

Avatar image for deactivated-62a11781eff58
deactivated-62a11781eff58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The incompetence and lack of rational thought in this thread is astounding imagine using the Attack on Titan anime and a random offhand chart about Godzilla to headcanon the Bodhavista's height to being lower than consistent calculations that are scaled to Hunter x Hunter's own art. Seek help.

d1vine_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By d1vine_

@yungdesafiadora said:

The incompetence and lack of rational thought in this thread is astounding imagine using the Attack on Titan anime and a random offhand chart about Godzilla to headcanon the Bodhavista's height to being lower than consistent calculations that are scaled to Hunter x Hunter's own art. Seek help.s

I agree, the rather asinine assumptions fabricated within the confines of this quarrel are utterly preposterous and of shallow understandings of subject matters. It is with great shame that I admit that I am now less intelligent shortly after reading it.