fight takes place at an unpopulated city setting at night

who'd win? For what reasons?

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hmm don't know if Morlun could hurt him but he is faster.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

Morlun gets speed blitzed for the entirety of the battle.

andr4132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meruem.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meruem.

haoalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meruem, little difficulty

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm don't know if Morlun could hurt him but he is faster.

How fast is Morlun? Meruem is at least mach 1

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dratini1331

@dratini1331: Morlun is faster than Pete's spider sense..

So he's pretty freaking fast, what's his damage output? If he's fighting Spidey, I'm assuming his damage output is decent, but not insane. It looks like Meruem is tankier to me at the moment.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dratini1331: Yeah I'm pretty sure Mereum wins after a long fight

@jashro44 Do you recall Morluns best striking feats?

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By homicidalmaniac

@dratini1331 said:
@eisenfauste said:

@dratini1331: Morlun is faster than Pete's spider sense..

So he's pretty freaking fast, what's his damage output? If he's fighting Spidey, I'm assuming his damage output is decent, but not insane. It looks like Meruem is tankier to me at the moment.

Peter claimed that Morlun hit harder than Hulk and Thor(of course Peter never been hit by a full force punch from Hulk or Thor)

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@homicidalmaniac: Pure statements. If the Hulk hit spider-man as hard as he wanted to Pete would be paste so that statement really has no bearing ....

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mimisalome: And who has he killed with this aura before?

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feel like Meruem will use a similar style of what he used against Netero.

Morlun is marginally faster IMO but eventually Meruem will wear him down and find an opening to strike. Meruem is pretty crazy durable

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jashro44

Spider-man said Morlun hit him harder than anyone else ever did before.

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@homicidalmaniac: Pure statements. If the Hulk hit spider-man as hard as he wanted to Pete would be paste so that statement really has no bearing ....

Reread my quote

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Eisenfauste

@homicidalmaniac: Except we don't know how much those two pulled their punches that's what I mean...

More and more I think of it Morlun can take this at least if nen doesn't affect him.

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eisenfauste: Really? Wow mind showin me the instance? Not in disbelief but curiosity.

Also I think Meruems tail is less of a blunt thing and could potentially penetrate his defense more easily than blunt force. But not sure.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mimisalome: Is this a soul attack?

What he's talking about is more or less your standard "I have aura, you can't move cause my aura is so powerful and makes you incapable of movement", but on a bit of a different level. Most likely it wouldn't directly kill him though, as I don't believe it ever killed anyone. One guy had a mental break because of Shaiapouf's En, but that was something else entirely. The only other time it was used as I recall was when Hisoka blocked Gon and Killua from moving with it.

I usually ignore it because it's kind of nonsense, as no one outside of HxH could resist it. Similar to Reiatsu crush in Bleach (but it can't erase you from existence, it can just lock you up).

Nen on it's own is just the energy they use to perform their attacks, it also buffs them in terms of durability. There's a bunch of cool stuff about it, but basically Gon and Uvo are strong and tough and Killua shoots lightning is what it boils down to.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:
@eisenfauste said:

Morlun is fast enough to get good hits on Spider-Man, where Hulk and Juggernaut aren't. He's never really taken more than a glancing shot from anyone in that weight class. And when it comes to feeding, there might be a mystical element to it that makes it harder to stop him than his usual strength level. (She-Hulk-ish)

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dratini1331: Then Morlun could definitely take this after I thought about it.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I'd say the final hit from Netero will hit pretty hard. Netero's actual feats in the fight demonstrate high speed and durability for Meruem. It would be a long fight. How hard does Morlun hit? Does he hit this hard?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Because anything of that level or less does no real damage to him.

No Caption Provided

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Dratini1331

A student learning Nen trains to manually open and close their aura nodes so that they can control the flow of their aura. One typically learns this process slowly and gradually through meditation. The second method (colloquially called Initiation or Baptism) is by having one receiving an influx of aura from an experienced user that forces these nodes to open; despite how quickly it works, the method is typically frowned upon due to its danger to the student if the user is inexperienced or has malicious intent. Initiation via physically attacking another with the use of an enhanced aura typically causes permanent disability or death.[2]

But Morlun wouldn't have Aura Nodes as he's not from HxH and a Vampire, something not in HxH. That makes Baptism worthless. Furthermore, not only is that NOT guaranteed to kill, We've literally never seen anyone significant die from it, good examples are Rammot and ... The other insect that Rammot punches, his name escapes me. While baptism is dangerous, it's not viable in this case.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Dratini1331

@mimisalome: Nen isn't a concept in Marvel. Morlun cannot have Nen, and this only proves Nen can be used in the Marvel Universe. Morlun is a vampire anyways, meaning he's arguably not even alive.

If you're arguing that he would be frozen, that's also arguable based on willpower. Gon is a clear example of Willpower having a strong effect on your Nen. Willpower alone is enough to intimidate the crap out of Pouf and Pitou, but that argument is up to one of the Morlun defenders.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyger said:
@jashro44 said:
@eisenfauste said:

Morlun is fast enough to get good hits on Spider-Man, where Hulk and Juggernaut aren't. He's never really taken more than a glancing shot from anyone in that weight class. And when it comes to feeding, there might be a mystical element to it that makes it harder to stop him than his usual strength level. (She-Hulk-ish)

Thats actually false. Spider-man once stood on juggernauts back and covered his eye holes as juggernaut pounded him:

Not that I believe Morlun hits as hard as Juggernaut (since I regard Peter taking these hits from juggernaut as PIS) but I am just saying juggernaut has gotten some good shots in on spider-man in the past. Peter was badly injured but was still standing.

@jashro44: I'd say the final hit from Netero will hit pretty hard. Netero's actual feats in the fight demonstrate high speed and durability for Meruem. It would be a long fight. How hard does Morlun hit? Does he hit this hard?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Because anything of that level or less does no real damage to him.

No Caption Provided

Are those mountains in those scans? I don't think Morlun hits that hard either way but just curious...I am going to guess that life draining is the only way Morlun can affect this guy?

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mimisalome: Nen would effect them, yes. If it would outright destroy the body is an entirely different matter though. We never see it done in any context, and every baptism succeeds perfectly fine. There's no proof that it will actually cause any excessive bodily harm, and the alternative, fearing him, is arguable on basis of willpower.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: They're closer to plateaus, so I'd say it's pretty substantial, but not quite mountain level. If he can life drain that's something, how strong is his willpower? Nen can cause fearing problems for the weak of mind.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: They're closer to plateaus, so I'd say it's pretty substantial, but not quite mountain level. If he can life drain that's something, how strong is his willpower? Nen can cause fearing problems for the weak of mind.

I can't really think of any will power feats for Morlun. He has limitless stamina and I've never seen Morlun pushed to his limits before.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Sounds like the characters are similar, as Mereum never actually got challenged by characters in the series, but almost dies to a sort of nuke, and is then resurrected at an even more OP level. His body broke down afterwards, though, so he doesn't have many feats overall.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

Thats actually false. Spider-man once stood on juggernauts back and covered his eye holes as juggernaut pounded him:

Not that I believe Morlun hits as hard as Juggernaut (since I regard Peter taking these hits from juggernaut as PIS) but I am just saying juggernaut has gotten some good shots in on spider-man in the past. Peter was badly injured but was still standing.

Hit yourself in the back, and see how hard you can. And I bet your arms aren't nearly as thick as Juggernaut's. Spider-Man doesn't take the kind 'punch in the face' shots that you see between super heavyweights.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyger said:

Hit yourself in the back, and see how hard you can. And I bet your arms aren't nearly as thick as Juggernaut's. Spider-Man doesn't take the kind 'punch in the face' shots that you see between super heavyweights.

I can hit myself very hard in the back. I think you are exaggerating the thickness of juggernauts arms.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By jashro44

@mimisalome: I am not making a case for Morlun. I don't know anything about Meerum. I was called into this thread to give info on Morlun which is all I am doing. Well Morlun and spider-man.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@eisenfauste said:

@mr_ingenuity: Entirely false mate

Not a chance.

Netero has a supersonic feat shown is his backstory.

Form there Netero has only gotten faster. Considering he reacted to Neferpitou's blitz.

Neferpitou is beyond street level speed, with hypersonic jumps quite easily.

Meruem and Netero traded 1000s of blows in less than a minute.

Morlun has only been shown to be faster than Spiderman but doesn't have feats with this level of speed.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Meruem

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_ingenuity: Where did you get hypersonic from lol his jump doesn't show him being hypersonic at all.

Throwing a 1000 or so punches in under a minute doesn't make him hypersonic. By definition hypersonic means massively supersonic we haven't seen that from Mereum because if he was how was he tagged by supersonic punches? For example Pacquiao has thrown 15 or so punches in a second are you trying to say a human being is hypersonic?

If we split up that 1,000 or so punches tossed they were throwing on average 16 per second. Good endurance on his part but that doesn't make him hypersonic lmao.

Spider-mans spider sense has allowed him to dodge a mach 2-3 projectile after it has been fired.....Morlun is even faster.

Also do you have any proof that Mereum can harm someone that ate vibranium tipped nukes to his face and wasn't even scratched? hmmmm.