Meruem Vs Bleach: SPOILERS

• 60 results
#1 Posted by Jatom22 (1866 posts) - - Show Bio

Meruem switches places with Ichigo at the beginning of the SS arc. How far does he go.

Meruem is post Rose and heals after each fight.

#2 Posted by KingogKings777 (3527 posts) - - Show Bio

How strong is he?

#3 Posted by SoloKingItachi (192 posts) - - Show Bio

Up to kenpachi fight.

#4 Posted by katanalauncher (3766 posts) - - Show Bio

Gets to R2 Ulquiorra and dies.

#5 Posted by Jatom22 (1866 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
#6 Posted by deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

Meruem is smarter than Thanos and Reed Richards I mean c'mon people he beat chess masters he outsmarts all of bleach

#7 Edited by FaradaySloth (12141 posts) - - Show Bio

Story-wise he probably stops at the Kenpachi fight.

#8 Posted by pmcinelly784 (1133 posts) - - Show Bio

Meruem is smarter than Thanos and Reed Richards I mean c'mon people he beat chess masters he outsmarts all of bleach

This ++

I'd put his physicals above most bleach characters, if he can land a hit on most of them, then he one-shots. I don't remember his energy resistance feats so Ceros etc might effect him. to what extent? I don't know...

#9 Posted by Unlimited1 (1460 posts) - - Show Bio

@pmcinelly784: What? His physicals are pathetic compared to Bleach characters, Kenpachi destroys him.

#10 Posted by pmcinelly784 (1133 posts) - - Show Bio

@unlimited1: Do bleach characters have insane piercing / cutting durability? I know they fight with swords but I thought most of the damage actually came from energy or blunt-force attacks

#11 Posted by Unlimited1 (1460 posts) - - Show Bio

@pmcinelly784: The swords are made from condensed spiritual energy, so to cut someone (in Bleach) you must have a comparable amount of spirit energy.

No Caption Provided

#12 Posted by pmcinelly784 (1133 posts) - - Show Bio

@unlimited1: That doesn't determine how sharp it is or how much force is behind it though does it? Just how well it can get through their reiasu defenses and how sturdy (?) it is?

#13 Posted by Unlimited1 (1460 posts) - - Show Bio

@pmcinelly784: Yes, you literally cant cut Bleach characters with normal weapons. A spirit weapons cutting power is proportional to its spirit energy.

Anyway Meruem doesn't have any good attack potency or speed feats and his raw power is vastly inferior, he shouldn't be able to tag or cut any noteworthy Bleach character.

#14 Edited by katanalauncher (3766 posts) - - Show Bio

@jatom22 said:

@katanalauncher: that far?

Yeah, although he have a chance of losing to both Grimmjow and nnoitra, they both have speed advantage while Meruem have durability and DC advantage while having more hax and a massive tactical advantage. Realistically he should lose to R1 Ulquiorra but I put R2 to be safe.

#15 Posted by Unlimited1 (1460 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by pmcinelly784 (1133 posts) - - Show Bio

@unlimited1: Just saw that Meruem is post-rose meaning that he can deliver casual mountain-level energy blasts, and he can fly, and he's extremely fast.

#17 Posted by Unlimited1 (1460 posts) - - Show Bio

@pmcinelly784: you mean city level: http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:UchihaVision/Revisiting_HxH_2.0#comm-973966

He is not that fast compared to Bleach.

#18 Posted by Xy (963 posts) - - Show Bio

Users are forgetting that Meruem had a shit ton of Nen. If that was converted to spiritual power, he could make it to Byakuya and lose in a good fight. At that point the speed difference might be too much.

#19 Posted by BrownZeus (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

SS arc? He probably dies to Quilge Opie.

#20 Posted by Streak619 (8358 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Jatom22 (1866 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by HitTheAssasin (8760 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol at Meruems physicals being better than most Bleach characters or him getting up to Ulquiorra. SS Arc Kenpachi stops him dead.

#23 Posted by ovy7 (4017 posts) - - Show Bio

He stops at SS Kenpachi

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2c5d95484dd
#24 Posted by deactivated-5b2c5d95484dd (275 posts) - - Show Bio

Any character with hax or multi mountain busting power

#25 Posted by BrownZeus (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

@jatom22: I do actually. How embarassing

#26 Posted by pmcinelly784 (1133 posts) - - Show Bio

@unlimited1: Lol don't cite vsbattles at me pls. From what I could see, it was definitely a mountain-sized structure.

#27 Posted by Unlimited1 (1460 posts) - - Show Bio

@pmcinelly784: LOL you should try to actually counter the calculation instead of claiming it doesn't look right.

#28 Posted by AlexTheBoss (19534 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say he is somewhere around captain level. He could stop at Kenpachi, Byakuya, and if he beats them he definitely loses to Aizen when he shows up at the end of the SS arc.

#29 Posted by AlexTheBoss (19534 posts) - - Show Bio

Any character with hax or multi mountain busting power

city level or mountain level should be enough considering the rose almost killed him, and that attack would be city to mountain level.

#30 Posted by pmcinelly784 (1133 posts) - - Show Bio

@unlimited1: Alright fair enough. I usually don't debate with people who cite vsbattles stuff willy-nilly, but I'll look at the calc.

I would be willing to agree that the height of APR is about .55 meters, scaled with Gon's head. But that's the only pixel-scaling thing that we can be definitive on.

The creator of this calc is making a huge assumption that the Purple line is the correct Diameter of the blast because from what we can see, the curvature of the blast suggests that it gets much much bigger. This is important because when we look at it from the backside, it is massively important.

In addition, because APR is so small and the scan doesn't actually show it hitting him, just sometime shortly before it hits him, it distorts the actual size of the blast.

Also there is the assumption that the blast doesn't get any smaller before it hits the mountain (it assumes the blast is 8px when it hits it), which distorts the calc quite a bit even more, plus the fact that the Bottom diameter isn't definitive because we can't see the bottom, in addition to the possible distortions in the calc.

Ultimately it's another calc that I wouldn't bother with much because of how many assumptions it makes, etc.

#31 Posted by Unlimited1 (1460 posts) - - Show Bio

@pmcinelly784: The purple line is the diameter or at least very close to it, there is nothing implying it can get much bigger.

No Caption Provided

Of course the calculation isn't perfect, but it is still way better than baseless speculation. Like it or not, its probably the best way to quantify this feat.

#32 Posted by pmcinelly784 (1133 posts) - - Show Bio

@unlimited1: The owner of the calc reiterates what I said at the bottom of his post. The diameter of the blast as it hits the mountain is likely much much smaller (unless you believe somehow that the blast grew in size or something??)

No Caption Provided

Also this is the original scan, it definitely shows that it is probably much bigger, although I wouldn't dwell on that as much as the fact that they put the size of the blast as even proportionate to what is obviously a mountain.

We can go by an imperfect calc with many potential flaws, or by the anime in which it is pretty clearly mountian level.

The dot actually gets smaller than this
The dot actually gets smaller than this

Either way, It's gonna take more than a flawed calc to convince me that he's not mountain level

#33 Posted by EcoBlitz (6097 posts) - - Show Bio

@alextheboss: Rose wasn’t city level. That’s a common misconception.

There is no city level dc feat for it as far as I can remember. Secondly what made it so deadly was the poison it carried, not its super great dc.

#34 Posted by AlexTheBoss (19534 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by EcoBlitz (6097 posts) - - Show Bio

@pmcinelly784: It’s not mountain level because that’s not a mountain. Simple.

#36 Edited by pmcinelly784 (1133 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecoblitz: Back up your claim man, it sure looks mountian-sized to me

edit: if you'd like I can re-do the calc using pixel scaling on the image of when it finally hits the mountain

#37 Posted by EcoBlitz (6097 posts) - - Show Bio

@pmcinelly784: It’s i in same image you posted lol. That’s not a mountain.

#38 Posted by Unlimited1 (1460 posts) - - Show Bio

@pmcinelly784: Anime is secondary cannon at best and shouldn't be used for calculations. The blast was also shown to be human sized in the anime.

Anyway the hill destroyed was much smaller than a mountain. Why do you believe he is mountain level again?

#39 Edited by FaradaySloth (12141 posts) - - Show Bio

lol at rose being mountain level.

#40 Posted by pmcinelly784 (1133 posts) - - Show Bio

@unlimited1:This is normally correct, but the problem is the manga is flawed in that it doesn't show us the full picture. The anime is the exact same but it fills in the gaps in this case, and it shows that it is mountain-sized.

@faradaysloth I don't think anybody is arguing that Rose was mountain-sized

@ecoblitz Yes it is. You can't even see the blast for a solid 1/2 second before it explodes, it travels that far, and the inital blast is so tiny compared to the mountain, it's unseeable.

No Caption Provided

#41 Posted by FaradaySloth (12141 posts) - - Show Bio

@pmcinelly784: No I'm laughing at the thought of that Rose destroyed a mountain.

#42 Posted by Chad_Duby (6047 posts) - - Show Bio

Meruem dies.

#43 Posted by deactivated-5b2c5d95484dd (275 posts) - - Show Bio

@pmcinelly784: that's a hill not a mountain, and meruem would be slaughtered in bleach for two reasons: hax, and hax

#45 Edited by Raziel2014 (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

@pmcinelly784 said:

@unlimited1: Do bleach characters have insane piercing / cutting durability? I know they fight with swords but I thought most of the damage actually came from energy or blunt-force attacks

bleach has very high durability feats, ichigo casually tanks 5 of grimmjow darts as big as an average kunai that pierce and completely destroyed a skayscrapper tall pillar with ease, and ichigo barely took any damage from it, Quincies and arrancars have super level defenses beyond regular reaitsu shielding which are Hierro and Blut which can tank attacks as strong as they are, arrancar grab and tank sword slices everytime in bleach, ulquiorra did against ichigo getsuga and grimmjow too

durability is durability be it against cutting or blunt, take a human for example, he can get cut by papers or even slightly hurt by a punch from a child but can survive car crashes, motorcycle crashes and even worse, so in general there is a min durability= the least amount of power needed to injure/hurt/cut, max= the highest degree of damage the individual can take before death/serious injury, there is a considerable difference between the two.

in bleach the durability is based on how much Spirit power the shinigami in question uses to defend/shield himself higher level of reaitsu/spirit means higher level defense, this is how humans like Fullbringers can have high level durabilities even tho they are technically normal humans in physique.

#46 Posted by pmcinelly784 (1133 posts) - - Show Bio

@phantomshepherdmanga: We're just gonna have to agree to disagree, you can disagree with my evidence or the calc that was refuted, and I'll disagree with your baseless claims.

#47 Posted by AlexTheBoss (19534 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by deactivated-5b2c5d95484dd (275 posts) - - Show Bio

@pmcinelly784: for future reference, quote the subject, if you mean the hill thing, then uness there is a new scientific study that suggest that hills are mountains that hill would be a hill, facts > opinions

#49 Edited by pmcinelly784 (1133 posts) - - Show Bio

@phantomshepherdmanga: lol "facts > opinions" yet your "Facts" aren't even facts they're false. That vsbattles calc you linked to literally proved nothing. I'm looking at the gif I posted over and over again, and the blast is definitely mountain level. Also in no universe is that considered a hill, if anything it could be categorized as a large bluff, but it is totally eclipsed by the fact that the explosion is so much bigger than the actual mountain. Like I said, we're probably gonna have to agree to disagree

#50 Edited by deactivated-5b2c5d95484dd (275 posts) - - Show Bio

@pmcinelly784: ?, you know, mentioning an unrelated subject is a fallacy upon your argument not me so i will just disregard it as it doesn't exist

it doesn't matter if you are looking at it again or not, stating it is with no scientific source for your claim is the manifestation of what an opinion means

sure be my guest and pull a backfire effect.

i don't agree nor disagree, it's science who does

hill level.

bonus: facts > opinions.