• This going be composite for both
Full123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

INB4 LE0NHART or Cesar.

Anyway, DCEU Superman in a very close match.

Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@full123 said:

INB4 LE0NHART or Cesar.

Anyway, DCEU Superman in a very close match.

DAMN THAT WAS FAST

TOATOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

meruem in a close one

TOATOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

garrettmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a great fight I was thinking about posting myself, I'd say Meruem for now but it's a toss up

StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a great fight I was thinking about posting myself, I'd say Meruem for now but it's a toss up

I learned from the best on how make close fights *wink*

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By MethoKi

Is that a turtle on his head?

No Caption Provided

john_doe_0897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman. Meureum can't beat him without Kryptonite. He's not strong enough to

StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

WordWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meruem

StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

omriamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sups

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cell

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Damn this match up used to be so close but now thanks to the new JL film this is a mismatch of epic proportions Supes could probably one shot now.

DrPepperMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman knocked Namek over a long area and knocked over multiple trains, my HXH knowledge is lackluster but I think Clark wins.

Avatar image for deactivated-6081fb94189dc
deactivated-6081fb94189dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to superman, he can react to the Hipersonic speed of Barry Allen.

Xy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a good matchup. Bump.

I wanna back Meruem, barely. He was ridiculous post-Rose, and honestly before it as well. He had to hold back against Netero in order not to kill him. Meruem should have comparable speed, BLUNT durability, and striking power to Supes. And if we're using scaling arguments, I personally don't believe that Flash moves much faster than the bodhisattva's attacks. Just my opinion.

Gamer-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pre rose dies

post rose solos the verse

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman.

DrPepperMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@streak619 I believe you're the HXH expert on this site

pmcinelly784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By pmcinelly784

I'd say that Superman beats Meruem, and is on-par maybe with Post-Rose Meruem who had that ridiculous flight speed and casual mountain-blasting attack. Still giving it to supes though

Streak619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@streak619 I believe you're the HXH expert on this site

You flatter me.

OT: Meruem should have greater striking strength albeit lesser lifting strength. Meruem takes the combat speed advantage, while having lesser travel speed. He has a huge intelligence, versatility and skill advantage. He has pattern recognition/cracking with which he can build a pseudo precog. Not to mention, Kal can't see nen. Which means Meruem can spam hill busting nen energy beams without Kal bring ever able to sense it coming.

The only way Kal could possibly win is taking a long sunath tbh.

Voice_of_Death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a close fight, but Meruem should win this.

Gamer-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say that Superman beats Meruem, and is on-par maybe with Post-Rose Meruem who had that ridiculous flight speed and casual mountain-blasting attack. Still giving it to supes though

based on what?

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@streak619: what "striking strength" feat does Meruem have on par with superman? same for combat speed. Superman can see and hear energy beam coming his way, he'll be fine.

Gamer-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Gamer-Guy

based on what?

Streak619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan said:

@streak619: what "striking strength" feat does Meruem have on par with superman? same for combat speed. Superman can see and hear energy beam coming his way, he'll be fine.

Damaging Pitou when she was able to no-sell the guanyin with the most casual of flicks of hid tail. He could easily hit harder even with raw strength not including Ko which amps striking strength to an immense degree.

As for combat speed, Meruem casually blitzed Knuckle from kilometres away. Knuckle is supersonic in combat speed, being able to blitz Gon. Meruem also scales to Cheetu who moved FTE when bullets moved like slugs Quicksilver style.

He blitzed all three royal guards casually all of whom scale to high supersonic at minimum.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@streak619: why would Meruem scale to Cheetu when he never fought him and every chimera ant is inherently different due to being a different animal?

Pitou didn't "no sell" Netero's attack.

What feat does Knuckle have that has him attacking at supersonic speeds? Same for gon. Meruem blitzing Knuckle is mostly unquantifiable due to the power he used.

Disregard scaling for a minute because these royal guards mostly didn't show any supersonic feats, what actual supersonic feats did the royal guards have? We know that Netero can punch at supersonic speeds, we saw how well Meruem fared against him.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meruem can't put Superman down, so eventually Superman.

Streak619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan:

why would Meruem scale to Cheetu when he never fought him and every chimera ant is inherently different due to being a different animal?

Because Cheetu being faster than Meruem defies the hierarchy of power in the chimera ants.

Pitou didn't "no sell" Netero's attack.

She did.

What feat does Knuckle have that has him attacking at supersonic speeds? Same for gon.

Killua is supersonic, Gon scales to him in base. A supressed Knuckle was blitzing Gon. And Meruem lol blitzed Knuckle from Kilometres away before he could even process it.

Meruem blitzing Knuckle is mostly unquantifiable due to the power he used.

What?

Disregard scaling for a minute because these royal guards mostly didn't show any supersonic feats

Blitzing Kite, Shoot and Knuckle all of whom are supersonic. Why must I disregard scaling?

We know that Netero can punch at supersonic speeds, we saw how well Meruem fared against him.

Netero was stated to be faster than the speed of sound, which doesn't mean he is only supersonic. I have the guanyin at hypersonic+ for blitzing Meruem to huge degree.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@streak619:

Because Cheetu being faster than Meruem defies the hierarchy of power in the chimera ants.

So what? The only Hierarchy is that the king is more powerful than the royal guards who are more powerful than the rest. This doesn't mean every single stat that the lesser ants have is afforded to the superior ants when the feats are not there.

Within his own rank, Cheetu is the fastest. There is no good reason at all to believe Meruem is as fast as him when Mereum nor the royal guards have feats comparable to Cheetu.

She did.

She was knocked back a large distance. That's not no selling.

Killua is supersonic, Gon scales to him in base. A supressed Knuckle was blitzing Gon. And Meruem lol blitzed Knuckle from Kilometres away before he could even process it.

Blitzing Kite, Shoot and Knuckle all of whom are supersonic. Why must I disregard scaling?

I asked for the feats. Togashi is very kind to us by showing us when a character actually punches faster than the speed of sound, by showing Netero making a sonic boom. If he wanted every single other character to be as fast as Netero, he would've shown it but they all aren't.

Netero was stated to be faster than the speed of sound, which doesn't mean he is only supersonic. I have the guanyin at hypersonic+ for blitzing Meruem to huge degree.

We do not automatically assume Netero is more than 5 times faster than sound when he made a sonic boom showing he's supersonic.

Streak619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan:

So what? The only Hierarchy is that the king is more powerful than the royal guards who are more powerful than the rest. This doesn't mean every single stat that the lesser ants have is afforded to the superior ants when the feats are not there.

False. It means every single stat is superior. A squadronn leader shouldn't possess power that is anywhere near the king's, it is absolutely absurd that there is someone faster than the king, stronger or more durable. Hence Meruem > Cheetu in speed. Also Cheetu being faster than Meruem means he can potentially kill Meruem with his ability "Tag" where he teleports himself and the target to a space where you have 8 hours to tag him. If Meruem were slower it would mwan a squadron leader would have the means to kill the king in a fair fight which defies logic.

Within his own rank, Cheetu is the fastest. There is no good reason at all to believe Meruem is as fast as him when Mereum nor the royal guards have feats comparable to Cheetu.

Hierarchy, dictates that Meruem has the greatest stats something that is maintained consistently. So Meruem should be faster than Cheetu.

She was knocked back a large distance. That's not no selling.

She took no damage, which is no selling.

I asked for the feats.

And I offered scaling. Knuckle blitzed Gon who scales to Killua who has moved supersonic.

Togashi is very kind to us by showing us when a character actually punches faster than the speed of sound, by showing Netero making a sonic boom. If he wanted every single other character to be as fast as Netero, he would've shown it but they all aren't.

Unfortunately, Togashi, like most mangakas, isn't aware of what all his feats imply.

We do not automatically assume Netero is more than 5 times faster than sound when he made a sonic boom showing he's supersonic.

I gave evidence for it.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jashugan

@streak619:

False. It means every single stat is superior. A squadronn leader shouldn't possess power that is anywhere near the king's, it is absolutely absurd that there is someone faster than the king, stronger or more durable. Hence Meruem > Cheetu in speed. Also Cheetu being faster than Meruem means he can potentially kill Meruem with his ability "Tag" where he teleports himself and the target to a space where you have 8 hours to tag him. If Meruem were slower it would mwan a squadron leader would have the means to kill the king in a fair fight which defies logic.

Hierarchy, dictates that Meruem has the greatest stats something that is maintained consistently. So Meruem should be faster than Cheetu.

No, this is where you actually prove that Meruem has every single stat over every single other Chimera ant. Royal guards have varied stats amongst each other, lesser chimera ants have varied stats among each other, so does Meruem.

What you think "shouldn't" happen is irrelevant when the story shows us otherwise and makes it a big deal that Chimera ants are created from consuming various organisms with various forms. Fiction defies logic, who knew?

Cheetu would never kill Meruem, he and the other squadron leaders we're subservient and feared him.

Now, please Provide the feat actually showing Meruem faster than Cheetu or replicating everything Cheetu can.

And I offered scaling. Knuckle blitzed Gon who scales to Killua who has moved supersonic.

You offered scaling between different characters with completely different biologies, different powers, and abilities. Certain characters never fought or even met each other. Can you provide a feat for all of those characters moving at supersonic speeds? running at supersonic speeds? reacting to supersonic objects? punching/kicking/attacking at supersonic speeds (Netero has and can and we all saw how long it took Meruem to adjust to it)?

Unfortunately, Togashi, like most mangakas, isn't aware of what all his feats imply.

This is a bad excuse and not a point. Regardless of what you think of the author, he's made it clear that he distinguishes between the abilities of various characters.

I gave evidence for it.

You actually didn't. Where is the hypersonic evidence for Meruem & Netero? This is what you said

I have no clue how you jumped from "Netero is faster than sound from making a sonic boom with a punch" to Netero is hypersonic+ from blitzing. Where is this hypersonic coming from?

Streak619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan:

No, this is where you actually prove that Meruem has every single stat over every single other Chimera ant.

I did, via argumentum ad absurdum which is a form of an inductive argument:

A squadronn leader shouldn't possess power that is anywhere near the king's, it is absolutely absurd that there is someone faster than the king, stronger or more durable. Hence Meruem > Cheetu in speed. Also Cheetu being faster than Meruem means he can potentially kill Meruem with his ability "Tag" where he teleports himself and the target to a space where you have 8 hours to tag him. If Meruem were slower it would mwan a squadron leader would have the means to kill the king in a fair fight which defies logic.

Is a direct application of the argument.

What you think "shouldn't" happen is irrelevant when the story shows us otherwise

Now you're just blabbering. The story consistently maintains the power hierarchy and nowhere does it show otherwise.

Fiction defies logic, who knew?

Fiction does not defy logic that is established in said fictional verse, the HxH verae never defied the power hierarachy that was established among the chimera ants.

Cheetu would never kill Meruem

Which is not the point.

You offered scaling between different characters with completely different biologies

Which does not debunk anything. You can scale between any two character within a verse as long you offer a valid justification for whatever form a scaling you use to reach whatever conclusion. Unless you're implying that two characters have to be of the same species or something, your argument makes no sense.

different powers

Again, scaling is not exclusive to people of the same powers.

and abilities

This point is literally the same as the previous one.

Certain characters never fought or even met each other.

So according to you, only when the characters have the same biology, powers, abilities and have to met and fought each other you can scale betqeen them? Wow, that is narrower than the tube they use to perform surgeries on snakes.

Gon has never actually met or fought Meruem, however I can still scale adult Gon and Meruem. I suppose the scaling is invalid since they never met or fought.

Can you provide a feat for all of those characters moving at supersonic speeds?

Killua moves low supersonic against Phinks, Uvogin, the slower member of the PT casually poimt blank bullet timed while by catching a bullet with his teeth while laughing at how easy it was. Knuckle scales to them by blitzing Gon just like the PT did and Youpi was blitzing Knuckle and Shoot.

This is a bad excuse and not a point.

This is a bad counter argument. Togashi never realised that casual point blank bullet timing would give a person supersonic reaction speed. Welcome to the world of WIS.

You actually didn't. Where is the hypersonic evidence for Meruem & Netero? This is what you said

I have no clue how you jumped from "Netero is faster than sound from making a sonic boom with a punch" to Netero is hypersonic+ from blitzing. Where is this hypersonic coming from?

Are you blind? Read:

Jeez.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan:

I did, via argumentum ad absurdum which is a form of an inductive argument:

Is a direct application of the argument.

Now you're just blabbering. The story consistently maintains the power hierarchy and nowhere does it show otherwise.

Fiction does not defy logic that is established in said fictional verse, the HxH verae never defied the power hierarachy that was established among the chimera ants.

The story maintains a hierarchy for the ants yet there is no proof that at all lesser ants have only inferior stats to their leaders. There's a reason Cheetu is treated as the fastest Chimera ant due to him being formed from a Cheeta. Meruem has never been shown doing anything similar.

Which is not the point.

Then what is the point of bringing up Cheetu killing Meruem?

Which does not debunk anything. You can scale between any two character within a verse as long you offer a valid justification for whatever form a scaling you use to reach whatever conclusion. Unless you're implying that two characters have to be of the same species or something, your argument makes no sense.

So according to you, only when the characters have the same biology, powers, abilities and have to met and fought each other you can scale betqeen them? Wow, that is narrower than the tube they use to perform surgeries on snakes.

Your reasoning isn't valid. You're scaling to a character within a verse where characters have highly varied abilities and win fights through their use of those abilities and tactics, and less through their physical stats. For example, Meruem was not close at all to Netero's speed yet he still defeated Netero by learning Netero's attack patterns. Now, you will scale Meruem's speed to Netero's when their speed is not even comparable.

Gon has never actually met or fought Meruem, however I can still scale adult Gon and Meruem. I suppose the scaling is invalid since they never met or fought.

You can scale Gon to Mereum due to Pitou's statement. Other than that, you'd have no clue at all to what level Gon scales to Meruem or to which Meruem he scales to.

Killua moves low supersonic against Phinks, Uvogin, the slower member of the PT casually poimt blank bullet timed while by catching a bullet with his teeth while laughing at how easy it was. Knuckle scales to them by blitzing Gon just like the PT did and Youpi was blitzing Knuckle and Shoot.

This is a bad counter argument. Togashi never realised that casual point blank bullet timing would give a person supersonic reaction speed. Welcome to the world of WIS.

Reaction speed and combat speed are not the same thing and Togashi realizes that. It's why it's a big deal that a character can actually punch and break the sound barrier and another character can dodge bullets but can't throw a supersonic punch. This is consistent within his story and many other stories.

It is exactly why I asked for feats of these characters showing their speed. The statement you've provided isn't the actual feat nor does it even prove that Killua or any of the characters mentioned could punch at supersonic speeds like Netero or could outrace bullets like Cheetu.

Are you blind? Read:

Jeez.

You would think making the claim that a supersonic character is actually hypersonic+ would be backed by some calculation or higher proof and not "blitzing him to a huge degree". How does a high degree translate to 5+ times the speed of sound?

pmcinelly784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By pmcinelly784
Loading Video...

Traveling a couple km in a second or 2 is pretty dang fast, and Gon was much much faster. She related Adult Gon to Meruem stat-wise (and she knew her king better than most of the other chimera ants) which makes me think that the king is faster than this

Also Meruem's fight with Netero, Netero had 100 supersonic hands coming at him and on multiple occasion he blitzed Netero

No Caption Provided

Here is the scan for the Nen Blast, it easily destroys a mountain-sized structure, and you can see smoke coming from the other side of it in the lower panel, indicating the blast went through the whole thing. It should be noted that he can likely fire off a considerable amount more than just that, considering how he flies back to his base, defeats some people, etc.

Streak619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan: I've lost interest at this point. Let's agree to disagree, good debate.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By jashugan

@streak619: Oh I thought you would continue. My first debate with you and I'm not even good. You're actually pretty great.

@pmcinelly784 said:

Traveling a couple km in a second or 2 is pretty dang fast, and Gon was much much faster. She related Adult Gon to Meruem stat-wise (and she knew her king better than most of the other chimera ants) which makes me think that the king is faster than this

Also Meruem's fight with Netero, Netero had 100 supersonic hands coming at him and on multiple occasion he blitzed Netero

Here is the scan for the Nen Blast, it easily destroys a mountain-sized structure, and you can see smoke coming from the other side of it in the lower panel, indicating the blast went through the whole thing. It should be noted that he can likely fire off a considerable amount more than just that, considering how he flies back to his base, defeats some people, etc.

That is a hill not a mountain. A nuclear bomb couldn't permanently kill superman, the radiation knocked him out. Meruem's nen blasts wouldn't be able to put supes down unless he constantly hits Superman with it. As you know, that won't happen since Superman has eyes, ears and super speed to detect a big ass energy beam coming his way.

Pitou said Gon's claws could reach the king, but personally it is far better to use Meruem's feats than Adult gon since the former has far more feats than the latter. Superman could replicate that jump Pitou did and he can very easily replicate Netero's supersonic punches because he can also throw supersonic punches. Difference is that superman is far more durable than Netero, far stronger and has his own extra powers to boot so he won't be going by Meruem ripping off his arm.

DrPepperMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By DrPepperMan

I want to say Superman.

bobandjim1260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Meruem would win here. Superman's durability is higher, and he has regeneration abilities. Meruem has everyone in the DCEU outmatched when it comes to intelligence. His nen attacks that he gained from Youpi also level hills. If Meruem spammed those, Superman would go down eventually.

Superman is faster, stronger and more durable than Meruem, but not by a significant amount.

As long as Meruem continues to blast Superman, and develops a strategy around his abilities, he'll win.

WorldofRuin6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meruem in a close fight.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman beats Meruem in both forms.

Imagine believing a charged telegraphed beam will hit Superman when Superman who is behaving "competently" can dodge them.

Avatar image for strongerthanrin
StrongerThanRin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

in a very good fight, Supes wins

Namebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting I thought the durability of Meruem would give him the win.

pmcinelly784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yoo I don't even remember arguing this 10 months ago. It's funny, I said "Superman wipes", and then posted feats in support of Meruem, and now it's 10 months later and I have to say Superman again