#1 Posted by IG-88 (580 posts) - - Show Bio

Both are going all out. Victory is by kill or KO only, so no BFR. Total incapacitation such as binding Mera in roots or trapping Groot with hard water counts as a KO. They fight in Central Park, NYC after a heavy rainstorm.

Groot (616)
Groot (616)
Mera (New 52)
Mera (New 52)
#2 Posted by FlashingSabre (1187 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a cool fight.

Groot should be able to brute force a win.

#3 Posted by D2therJ (479 posts) - - Show Bio

groot gave surfer a good fight. mera is outclassed here.

#4 Posted by Wewlad80 (3447 posts) - - Show Bio

Groot Pounds this fish

#5 Edited by Gaudeamus (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Mera wins this with a blitz attack, after all they are going all out. Tree's have more mass and thus move slower than water. Mera just cuts him to pieces with water spikes, expands the mass of the impaled spikes with more water and snap crackle pop Groot loses.

The only way that Groot can win this is if he goes on the defensive by wrapping trees around him, he has a genius level intellect so that's possible. But, I just don't see him not trying to overwhelm her with power. Mera possessed the ring of rage, thus that kinda reflects her battle strategy... she always blitz attacks what is unknown most of the time.

I lean towards Mera for this one.

#6 Edited by FlashingSabre (1187 posts) - - Show Bio
@gaudeamus said:

Mera wins this with a blitz attack, after all they are going all out.

Mera never blitzes.

Tree's have more mass and thus move slower than water.

That's not how that work. This is magically controlled water and sentient alien wood. Just because something should have more mass doesn't mean it has real world speed.

Mera just cuts him to pieces with water spikes, expands the mass of the impaled spikes with more water and snap crackle pop Groot loses.

Groot is too durable for Mera to easily damage like that. He's survived being hit by Thanos. Also, he can just regenerate.

The only way that Groot can win this is if he goes on the defensive by wrapping trees around him, he has a genius level intellect so that's possible. But, I

just don't see him not trying to overwhelm her with power. Mera possessed the ring of rage,

That was only because she was specifically mad that Aquaman's body was being defiled. She isn't usually that angry, as was shown by her losing the ring.

thus that kinda reflects her battle strategy... she always blitz attacks what is unknown most of the time.

She never blitzes.

I lean towards Mera for this one.

#7 Posted by Gaudeamus (4 posts) - - Show Bio

You said. "That's not how that work. This is magically controlled water and sentient alien wood. Just because something should have more mass doesn't mean it has real world speed.

Wood doesn't move as fast as water. That's pretty clear even if it's magically controlled. Mera has a clear advantage here in her powers being able to hit first. I'm still a rookie here, but that should be pretty clear that objects that have solid mass move slower than liquids.

You said "Groot is too durable for Mera to easily damage like that. He's survived being hit by Thanos. Also, he can just regenerate."

Remember he's a tree, which means he has cracks in which where water can seep through. He's not like Wonder Woman who's completely covered in skin, he has places where water could seep through, because the very nature of his being is devoved to precipitation, which means he needs water to live.

Can you tell me how to respond better. I'm still kinda learning how to do this, but Mera to me is the clear winner.