• 138 results
Posted by xZone (10341 posts) 3 months, 8 days ago

Poll: MCU/WODC: Thor and Superman vs Doomsday (69 votes)

Thor and Clark 67%
Doomsday 30%
No Caption Provided

Vs

No Caption Provided

Rules:

-Full knowledge

-Perfect Teamwork

-Mjolnir’s feats apply to Stormbreaker

-Bloodlusted and Morals Off

-Win by Death or KO

-Start 100 feet apart

-Takes place on Asgard

Who wins? And Why?

#101 Edited by Matthew660 (1576 posts) - - Show Bio

@destinyman75: Trust me, the guy I’m arguing with right now is worse than damme. Which is truly saying something.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#102 Edited by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (10463 posts) - - Show Bio

@matthew660:

Why am I not surprised the troll is telling someone else to “pull their head out of their arse” when they themselves are coming up with shit arguments.

Except you were, and still are unable to counter the said "shit" argument :)

And has to resort to insults after realizing it.

I didn't even insult you. Being that thin-skinned is none of my concerns. Grow a spine, will ya?

If you’re going to say the star forge feat isn’t energy resistance, you should stop talking before you make yourself look bad.

Did I even imply such a thing in my prior post? No, I didn't, so stop putting my words in my mouth. And, can you, at least, properly read English sentences without butchering the context?... it appears you're incapable of doing so. Oh well.

Edit:

I’ve currently only been arguing how Thor can pierce doomsday with SB.

And that's why I tagged you. Thor hasn't pierced someone who can tank a nuke at point blank range. Using Diana's sword as the very pedestal of your argument won't do you any good, considering it's a feat for the said sword, and not an anti-Doomsday feat, something you've yet to come in terms with.

I haven’t even got started on Superman.

Who's irrelevant to our discussion.

Who you’ve seen to have forgotten is in this battle alongside Thor. Or how Thor can bifrost doomsday to the sun.

Thor hasn't shown the ability to BFR people with that. Moot point. Also, irrelevant to our discussion.

You’re probably the type of guy to say doomsday solos mcu unless they have kryptonite.

Congratz, you've just lost every ounce of credibility you had left by assuming I would say such a thing.

#103 Edited by Matthew660 (1576 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebestofthebest: What? I’ve countered them already, and you’re just being repetetive. And my last statement was obviously just a little shot at you. It wasn’t literal. Calm down. And you told me to pull my head out of my arse. That’s not an insult? It doesn’t offend me. It’s just annoying at how hypocritical you’re being. You said the star feat was “heat resistance” so you did say it wasn’t energy. So what in the world are you taking about?

You also can’t grasp energy resistance and piercing are different. Not to mention the fact that scaling Sb from mjolnir means Thor can also hurt doomsday with blunt force. Mjolnir arguably has better feats than Superman in terms of striking.

#104 Edited by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (10463 posts) - - Show Bio

@matthew660 said:

@thebestofthebest: What? I’ve countered them already, and you’re just being repetetive. And my last statement was obviously just a little shot at you. It wasn’t literal. Calm down.

Countered them? It's kinda-sorta hard to believe that when you couldn't even understand the basic distinction between split durability and NLF. And your last statement was a failed attempt to get under my skin, so you basically just admitted to being a troll lmao, I suppose that makes you as bad, if not worse than me and Damme here, huh?

Nice little Edit though:

And you told me to pull my head out of my arse. That’s not an insult? It doesn’t offend me. It’s just annoying at how hypocritical you’re being.

It's just another way of telling you to make up your damn mind, that's all. And you've just literally tagged two people in a blatant attempt to tarnish my image, and that's what I'd call a tad bit hypocritical.

You said the star feat was “heat resistance” so you did say it wasn’t energy. So what in the world are you taking about?

That was after you tagged me, my initial statement had nothing to do that^, ya dunce. He survived the heat, because there were no K.E present at the time, evidenced by the fact that he wasn't even pushed by the blast (and he was pushed by far less forces than the "energy of a star"). And the whole plot was to melt Uru, so it makes sense for it be just the heat of the star rather than the energy of the star.

You also can’t grasp energy resistance and piercing are different.

This is just wrong but whatever.

#105 Edited by Matthew660 (1576 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebestofthebest: You’ve also seem to have forgotten scaling Sb from mjolnir means Thor could hurt dd with blunt force. Mjolnir aguably has better striking feats than Superman in terms of striking. So even if we don’t use the bifrost as an argument. There’s still the fact that Thor’s Sb hits would hurt doomsday. Unless you want to say doomsday is no selling a weapon much stronger than mjolnir.

If you want, I’ll give you some feats of mjolnir. How am I worse than you and damme? Damme is a known troll. And you’re here saying Thor or Superman can’t hurt dd because he tanked a nuke. Literally you and Damme are the only ones arguing for doomsday.

#106 Edited by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (10463 posts) - - Show Bio

@matthew660:

You’ve also seem to have forgotten scaling Sb from mjolnir means Thor could hurt dd with blunt force. Mjolnir aguably has better striking feats than Superman in terms of striking. So even if we don’t use the bifrost as an argument. There’s still the fact that Thor’s Sb hits would hurt doomsday. Unless you want to say doomsday is no selling a weapon much stronger than mjolnir.

Another confirmation that you didn't fathom my argumentative basis, at all. But you sure love moving the goal post, dontcha? Sigh..

If you want, I’ll give you some feats of mjolnir.

Sigh sigh sigh sigh..

How am I worse than you and damme? Damme is a known troll.

>Tries to move the goal post, twice.

>Calls me a hypocrite because he feels insulted.

>Proceeds to tag other people in effort to trash me (basically being a hypocritical arse himself).

>Admits he's a troll.

Although I haven't argued with Damme, and I barely even know the guy. But that^ sort of hypocritical behavior seems worse, at least to me.

And you’re here saying Thor or Superman can’t hurt dd because he tanked a nuke.

Superman already couldn't hurt him, even with his full-power speedblitzes. The hammer/blunt force side of SB would only make "it" stronger and more powerful, the sharp side piercing Doomsday is dubious to say the least as you haven't presented any evidence as to why it would "cut Doomsday's skin" like "butter". Try a bit harder, will ya?

Literally you and Damme are the only ones arguing for doomsday.

Sorry mate, I could care less 'bout that.

#107 Edited by Matthew660 (1576 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebestofthebest: You still fail to realize energy durability, blunt force durability, and piercing durability are different...

When did I move the goal post?

#108 Edited by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (10463 posts) - - Show Bio

@matthew660 said:

@thebestofthebest: You still fail to realize energy durability, blunt force durability, and piercing durability are different...

W O W what a brilliant counter-argument, I concede. Note the sarcasm. The fact that his atoms could survive a half megaton nuke, without being pushed apart. That alone speaks volumes of his piercing durability.

Edit:

When did I move the goal post?

Your claim was "Diana pierced Doomsday is because of Magic". My counter for said claim: "No, that isn't true. Because Doomsday isn't vulnerable to magic, nothing of the sort was established within' the DCEU", the goal post was 'bout Doomsday and his vulnerability to Magic. And then, all of sudden, you switched your position from that to "energy durability =/= piercing durability" and then "NLF" and now you're saying Thor can take out Doomsday with blunt force, you basically mutilated the goal post, lol. Dude, it truly baffles me that you haven't been able to consistently maintain the same thought process for almost two days.

#109 Posted by Matthew660 (1576 posts) - - Show Bio
#110 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (10463 posts) - - Show Bio
#111 Posted by Slater8486 (460 posts) - - Show Bio

@aquatic_pianist: People always put based off feats so you believe Thor could overpower DD and pin him down to the floor??

Avatar image for aquatic_pianist
#112 Posted by Aquatic_Pianist (685 posts) - - Show Bio

@slater8486: Yeah. As crazy as that might sound compared to the rest of the Vine, and admittedly how fanboyish it sounds, I think Thor has a massive strength advantage over Doomsday and can physically overpower him based on the Nidavellir feat.

#113 Edited by destinyman75 (13904 posts) - - Show Bio

@matthew660: Oh you mean dammes partner lol Jesus I don't envy you, but still better then damme to me lok

#114 Edited by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (10463 posts) - - Show Bio

@destinyman75: How am I his "partner", lol? I barely even know the guy. Matthew, on the other hand, is like a living walking cancer cell, it affects everything it comes in contact with. Notice how he called me a hypocrite coz "muh insults" yet proceeds to do the same thing. Isn't that hypocritical by definition, lol?

#115 Posted by DammeFavour (8289 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebestofthebest: I don't think you want to try reasoning with destinyman, you would be wasting your time. Anybody that doesn't blindly scream Thor stomps is 'anti-thor' person

#116 Posted by xZone (10341 posts) - - Show Bio

Don’t associate TBOTB with damme. Two totally different kind of debaters. One of them calls people delusional, and the other is a reasonable debater

X

#117 Edited by DammeFavour (8289 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: I call you delusional because you can't seem to understand the basics of combustion and multiple people tried explaining it to you. And also because you think a cloak that kills fodder would actually destroy superman or any kryptonian and actually comparing superman being immobilized by doomsday's emissions to thor's lightning cloak completely ignoring the Shockwave he had to brace for, same with Diana not absorbing the lightning.

Now do you understand why I call you delusional? You specifically ignore context to parse your argument

#118 Edited by xZone (10341 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour: Calling people delusional is not ok in any way shape or form on this site

X

#119 Posted by destinyman75 (13904 posts) - - Show Bio
#120 Posted by destinyman75 (13904 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor with Strom breaker which cut through ships like butter and thanks after the beam should indeed cut doomsdays skin. With mjolnir would be different but with team takes it

Avatar image for myleftbuttcheeksolos
#121 Posted by Myleftbuttcheeksolos (408 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor solos with ease

#122 Posted by uugieboogie (13023 posts) - - Show Bio

@doofasa said:

Doomsday ends up with a bony stump where his head should be.

#123 Posted by Tenguswordsman (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither Thor nor Supes can legitimately kill DD, and Thor greatly feeds DD with his lightning, empowering him to the point where he can comfortably defeat the Duo.

#124 Posted by GeorgeWBush (11559 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor doesn’t need Clark’s help

#125 Posted by Doofasa (1822 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebestofthebest: I'll ask the same question I asked before. What is Doomsday's best piercing resistance feat? As claiming that tanking/absorbing a nuke somehow grants a character piercing resistance is false, especially when the same character had an arm cut off in the same fight.

Doomsday gets his head cut off.

#126 Edited by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (10463 posts) - - Show Bio

@doofasa said:

@thebestofthebest: I'll ask the same question I asked before. What is Doomsday's best piercing resistance feat? As claiming that tanking/absorbing a nuke somehow grants a character piercing resistance is false, especially when the same character had an arm cut off in the same fight.

I've already addressed those points, and he didn't really absorb the Nuke, the blast made him more durable and more powerful so yeah he did tank the Nuke. Having his arm cut off by Diana's sword, is a feat for the sword and not against Doomsday. I still haven't seen anything that suggest Hela could cut Doomsday's skin as easily as people are claiming.

Edit: Doomsday's piercing resistance is at Superman's level, probably higher after tanking the nuke. The only way I see the team winning is via BFR.

#127 Posted by MAZAHS117 (12317 posts) - - Show Bio

If they play their cards right, Thor and Supes can win this

#128 Posted by icec0ld (1122 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday beats them both. Thor makes it easier, Doomsday wont have near as much trouble dodging and countering him as he did Wonder Woman.

#129 Posted by icec0ld (1122 posts) - - Show Bio

@aquatic_pianist:

Never in any of his films has he done anything to match Doomsday in speed strength or Durability. I wish we could flag for outright nonsense.

Can we make it mandatory if you're posting things like this you have to accompany it with the specific showing and context or the comment gets wiped? That would eliminate the fanboy wank instantly.

#130 Edited by Aquatic_Pianist (685 posts) - - Show Bio

@icec0ld said:

@aquatic_pianist:

Never in any of his films has he done anything to match Doomsday in speed strength or Durability. I wish we could flag for outright nonsense.

So, you want people to be punished for having an opinion about the outcome of a completely fictional fight that has absolutely no bearing on the real world?

This fight is clearly debatable, and dismissing someone else's opinion as nonsense without backing it up speaks volumes about your debating skill as opposed to whether another's opinion is really nonsense. Basically, it doesn't look good for you.

@icec0ld said:

Can we make it mandatory if you're posting things like this you have to accompany it with the specific showing and context or the comment gets wiped? That would eliminate the fanboy wank instantly.

No, it wouldn't. You and many others on this site have proven that you can post visual evidence and present and twist it in a manner than massively wanks the character being discussed. And you have also proven that you are indeed a massive DCEU fanboy. You're the pot calling the kettle black. Even if that "rule" would work you wouldn't want it, because you wouldn't be able to wank DCEU characters.

So stop being hypocritical and learn to handle other people's opinions without trying to silence them outright.

#131 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (10463 posts) - - Show Bio
#132 Edited by Kevd4wg (12509 posts) - - Show Bio

Team

X

#133 Posted by Aquatic_Pianist (685 posts) - - Show Bio
#134 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (10463 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deutschkurzhaar
#135 Posted by DeutschKurzhaar (1425 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be a damn good fight, in the end I believe clark could distract dd while Thor could pull off a one shot with stormbreaker.

#136 Posted by Mister_Surreal (9066 posts) - - Show Bio

@leonardsnart said:

@mister_surreal: how is growing a bone where you had a hand healing?

The body reversing inflicted damage in any form that would be considered healthy is technically healing.

#137 Posted by Doofasa (1822 posts) - - Show Bio

@doofasa said:

I've already addressed those points, and he didn't really absorb the Nuke, the blast made him more durable and more powerful so yeah he did tank the Nuke. Having his arm cut off by Diana's sword, is a feat for the sword and not against Doomsday. I still haven't seen anything that suggest Hela could cut Doomsday's skin as easily as people are claiming.

Edit: Doomsday's piercing resistance is at Superman's level, probably higher after tanking the nuke. The only way I see the team winning is via BFR.

Where is the proof that Doomsday's piercing resistance is at Superman's level or higher? His best feat is resisting penetration from 50 Cal fire IIRC. And if you're claiming that Nuke resistance = cutting resistance, and that Doomsday having his arm cut off is a feat for Diana's sword, then logically you are claiming that Diana's sword is greater then a nuke?

You seem to be confusing different types of durability. Doomsday's energy, heat and concussive durability is excellent based on feats, however his piercing durability has only low end feats. The same can be said for Thor, he has excellent energy/concussive/heat durability (Sokovia explosion, "force of a star," etc) however he doesn't have high tier piercing durability.

On topic, Doomsday does not have a single feat that demonstrates he can resist having his head cut off by Storm-breaker. Also as Thor and Superman have full knowledge in this fight, Thor could also cut Doomsday in half using the bifrost or BFR him into space.

#138 Posted by Doofasa (1822 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither Thor nor Supes can legitimately kill DD, and Thor greatly feeds DD with his lightning, empowering him to the point where he can comfortably defeat the Duo.

The team has full knowledge so they'll be aware of energy attacks empowering Doomsday. Also what piercing resistance feats does Doomsday have to suggest he can resist being decapitated by Storm Breaker? And if the team just fly out of Doomsday's reach what is he going to do?

#139 Posted by icec0ld (1122 posts) - - Show Bio

@aquatic_pianist:

You're delusional, you can twist something that happened. If the evidence is there to support it it's valid, you can't lie as anyone can refute it the evidence is there.

Yet what we get is nonsense of people claiming that Thor is close in strength to Superman regardless of him never ever being shown doing anything that would when put his close to wonderwoman, yet people come up with head Cannon and pure speculation.

The fact that he is even in these battles when he has yet to win one head to head outside of the destroyer, with any if the major villians he has face makes comparing him to Clark absolute farce. He has been beaten handily by too many people, even in his current t showings, doesn't seem to be any faster than captain America, and has consistently been shown to not have strength to hurt any of the top tier villians he fights ......but hes supposed to hang with Superman? Ok.....