MCU:Prime Odin VS Power gem Thanos

• 94 results
CCThor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll MCU:Prime Odin VS Power gem Thanos (100 votes)

Odin stomps thanos like in the comic he did to him. 47%
Thanos wrecked odin. 23%
Tie. 3%
Odin wins after a great fight. 17%
Thanos wins after a hard fight. 10%
 • 
Avatar image for stalin-is-steel
Stalin-Is-Steel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin in his prime was defeating the Frost Giants and conquering the Nine realms. Also banished Hela with no trouble at all.

Thanos with the Power Gem made a moon surface crumble and launched parts of it at people (the attack did nothing in terms of major damage)

Odin wins. This is a easy match for him.

playerx-tr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin

miekskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos should win.

When he had no gems Odin would ultimately win but thanos was very sneaky and managed to go to the dwarf so he could make him the gauntlet. No one knew about it until thor came

Thanos was preparing.

Im sure thanos would eventually attack the biggest threat "odin" once he had any of the one gems and come out victorious if it was a proper 1v1

AtmExle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AtmExle

In theory, Odin should win. He is able to strip Thor of Asgardian physiology and turn him into human, conquer the 9 realms, defeat prime Surtur and steal his eternal flame, and banish Hela.

But he lacks any on-screen feats. By implied feats, I would give this to Odin. But by actual on-screen feats, Thanos has this.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@atmexle said:

In theory, Odin should win. He is able to strip Thor of Asgardian physiology and turn him into human, conquer the 9 realms, defeat prime Surtur and steal his eternal flame and banish Hela.

But he lacks any on-screen feats. By implied feats, I would give this to Odin. But by actual on-screen feats, Thanos has this.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos due to onscreen feats. Also I'm starting to believe there was a chance that Odin was being literal when he told Thor that he was stronger than him. I'm not sure but I think it's possible.

Lord_Titan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin in his prime should win, one stone is not enough to defeat him, since he already has knowledge of them

RL4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos due to feats.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9 krisbishop  Moderator

@atmexle said:

In theory, Odin should win. He is able to strip Thor of Asgardian physiology and turn him into human, conquer the 9 realms, defeat prime Surtur and steal his eternal flame and banish Hela.

omriamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos I guess odin has nothing combat wise

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

By Hype > Odin

By Feats > Thanos

TheyCallMeBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin defeated Prime Surtur that's enough for me

bobandjim1260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Thanos. He has way better feats. Thor seemed capable of defeating most of Odin's enemies. Thanos beat Thor pretty easily. Stormbreaker more or less caught Thanos by surprise. Odin also conquered most of the stuff with an army.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos stomps

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Alavanka

Odin.

Of course, by feats Odin is lacking. But by reputation, Odin defeated Prime Surtur (which would be impressive even with an army and Hela's aid, considering how easily Surtur took down Hela). I basically scale Odin to Stormbreaker Thor, and Thor was able to overpower the infinity gauntlet's power. Even if you think Thanos can win a rematch with reality warping powers of the time or reality stone, Thanos has only used the power stone to blast and punch.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Clark_EL

Feats=Thanos...but given context I'd give it to Odin. From what the movies have told us alone at the height of his power he defeated Surtur (with the eternal flame), Hela (twice), and the frost giants. He made Thor look like a child in his movie when Odin stripped him of his power, and he has a vast array of ancient and deadly artifacts he can call upon i battle, including the space stone.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin should win pretty easily.

Vivec3629

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be interested to see what a prolonged blast from Gungnir did to Thanos myself.

Gamer-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

odin

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin.

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos, obviously. Odin lost an eye against the Frost Giants.

saymon3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prime Odin wins, because he defeated Hela and Surtur, Power gem has nothing against magic.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos by feats.

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
xMangog__Beastx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos wrecks with PG

Aka_aka_aka_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based on how Thanos used the power gem, Odin would be my guess. Based on potential of the power gem (i.e. how Eson used it), Thanos stomps.

Avatar image for deactivated-6052e8e44cb84
deactivated-6052e8e44cb84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The one with feats.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin's magic is just on another level.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin wins here lol no feats he beat prime Surtur who'd wreck thanos.. Conquered doezens of worlds was the reason Thanks couldn't get to the either ...Thanks feared/respected Odin for a reason..

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taking Thor's powers away and the kind of magic to give same powers to anyone worthy of Mjolnir, makes me think Odin had tricks up his sleeve to win against Power Gem Thanos.

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Getting back to this, Thanos wins, likely even stomps. Odin might possibly win via some magic trick but we haven't seen enough from him (I mean he has few very good feats, though at least in terms of raw power he's nowhere near Power Stone user).

bigsebson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos stomps.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e123615b76ca
deactivated-5e123615b76ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We've seen odin in battle, he lost an eye against laufey. If he was as powerful as hype claims, he wouldn't need to get physical with the frost giants or have his kingdom utterly powerless against the dark elves.

We don't know how he beat surtur, probably bifrosted his crown away, that seems to be standard tactic with asgard kings. We lack context on those claims plus he needed entire armies to conquer those realms and those realms don't look about as advanced as earth, see vanaheim

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Juicers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Juicers
Vrrzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bobandjim1260: @DammeFavour:

He took entire armies with him because that's what kings and kingdoms do. Thanos took his armies as well to raze worlds even though he could solo half the soldiers in some of them. We saw only a portion of Vanaheim, a conflict ridden area of it. Show a conflict ridden area of current Earth it doesn't look too advanced either lol. You said 'Those realms', which other realms did they show? Jotunheim was screwed ever since Odin took their power source.

Losing an eye against a Laufey powered by the casket isn't a bad showing. No MCU character is like that superman(2006) where a bullet bounces off his eye. It is a delicate organ for everyone.

The Dark elves are one of the oldest races in the Universe, and they sneaked past Heimdall i wouldn't call that an L for Asgard's power although Odin should have done a better job in protecting Frigga etc.

The thing is there are so few onscreen feats for Odin that you have to assume a bigger picture from all the few magic feats he has performed.

The Powerstone can eventually overwhelm Odin, as it's an infinity stone but Odin doesn't necessarily have to counter it in raw power. Strange countered the stone's effects with hax and magic skill, Odin can fight like this to win.

In the MCU Odin is old and weary but we've still seen some feats.

1. He blasted Laufey away with a hurricane like attack while he had to hold on to a cliffside to avoid being flung further.

2. He took like 5 seconds to cast a powerful spell on Mjolnir which remained throughout the MCU so far.

3. I've never seen Thor's Armor rings come off or be damaged in battle. Odin just yanked them off casually, this could be hax but it looks like he applied force in a show of rage so he could be that strong even in his old age.

4. He stripped Thor off his power and turned him into a mortal in 10 seconds.

he can call upon Mjolnir anytime during his fight.

5. He could reveal the aether/lifeform under Jane Foster's skin.

6. Gungir vaporised Frost giants instantly.

7. He was mentally aware when the frost giants invaded his vault.

8. He sent Thor to Earth/ summoned bifrost using Dark energy when the bridge was destroyed.

9. If Frigga taught Loki whatever he knows, Odin likely knows some of those tricks as well.

Using illusion spells while being a powerhouse is quite handy.

10. When Thor layed his first strike on the bifrost bridge Odin woke up. Only seconds later, bridge was destroyed and Odin caught them from falling. How did he get there so fast it takes a while for Thor to fly there as well. If he didn't summon bifrost instantaneously he's got to have other magic to achieve it.

All in all, I'm saying he's got tricks up his sleeve

11. I believe he should be physically stronger than Hela being an all father, atleast at his Prime.

She easily crushed asgardian Armor and neck in one hand very casually within a second, while Thanos took a while to choke a bare neck Loki.

She also overpowered Thor casually with one arm in their fight while being able to talk properly without grunting, and flung him....while Thanos clearly wasn't able to match Thor with one arm in the Endgame fight on two separate occasions.

(The axe plunging and when Thor brought him to his knees)

Hela is physically above Thanos. Prime Odin should atleast match her if not surpass her.

You're right Odin 'might' have bifrosted his crown away, but we're assuming specifics here.

Surtur in Ragnarok had one arm crippled and that could be from Odin's attack. If we can boldly assume one, we can assume the other. Surtur survived the first shockwave of Asgard's destruction, giant spikes to his body. To do any sort of lasting damage to him is insane.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By deltahuman

Thanos stomps

Being able to strip Thor of his powers doesn't mean Odin can strip anyone of their powers. Odin certainly couldn't strip Hela or his other opponents of their powers.

Being able to banish Hela is not a combat applicable feat, certainly not in this case. I'm pretty sure, by onscreen feats, Hela can kill Odin. He must have defeated her by trickery or by BFRing her. Makes sense since Odin didn't face Hela in combat, he sent the Valkyries despite knowing they stood no chance.

Similarly, there's absolutely no way to know how Odin defeated Surtur and what was Surtur's state when Odin confronted him. Not a combat applicable feat.

When Odin appeared in Thor's visions and told that Thor is stronger than him, I think it wasn't figurative, It was literal. Thor can manipulate electricity, has stood in the midst of a star beam and stuff. Odin has no secondary powers that I know of. He's just got elite tier Asgardian stats and a spear that blasts energy. I certainly don't see Thanos losing an eye fighting Frost Giants.

With his Sword and Armour, Thanos can take Odin without the power stone and that too easier than he stomped Thor with Stormbreaker, which by the way is the the most powerful weapon in Asgard's history according to Eitri. With the powerstone it's a massive stomp.

Vrrzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deltahuman: No evidence to suggest that Odin sent the Valkyries KNOWING they would die. He probably weakened her by defeating her, then he locked her up because killing such a viscious creature was the only other option.

As far as statements go Surtur was at his prime state, not his weakened state. He clearly talks about returning to his former glory. So defeating him in whatever way i don't care should be enough to take care of Hela judging by his power.

Mentioning stripping Thor off his powers doesn't mean Odin needs to do the same to anyone. It's just to show you the command of asgardian magic he has.

The you're stronger comment is clearly pep talk or referring to Thor's potential when he becomes an all father ( he's still like 20 in human years) , what would you tell your son in such a dire situation " hello son, i have more feats than you " ??

Unless Thor can summon dark magic on his own. Watch over someone on another realm (Odin). Be mentally aware when someone enters the throne room, can reveal the aether under Jane's skin, turn someone into mortal physiology (not just take away their source of power)... Thor isn't anywhere close to Odin's power and abilities.

What makes you think that Thanos'eye is like Superman (2006). Thor is someone who withstood the force of a star for a minute ( 25+ nukes it was calculated) and his eyes still got cut out easily.

Why are you comparing Odin to Thor's combat. He's a dodo in battle. He wasn't rasied like Hela. The dude makes jokes on the battlefield. He had a clear chance to stun Thanos with a lightning blast and attack in Endgame, but he chose to make a one liner joke to Steve before getting kicked in the face.

Prime Odin or Hela would have impaled his balls with the 2 seconds of distraction they got. Remember Odin was a viscous King. Read my earlier long point form comment.

Vrrzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deltahuman: the most powerful weapon made only means that it can house more power and do more shit (like summon bifrost). If Odin or Hela use it who's to tell it won't exhibit more power.

Maybe Hela used Mjolnir better than Thor did when she had it. And btw SB is more than a match for Thanos in the right hands.

bobandjim1260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vrrzz: Thanos took his army because it would take forever for him to kill half the population by himself.

Why would Odin risk leaving Asgard somewhat undefended when he could have easily conquered the planets himself, according to you?

Thanos razed thousands of worlds in his thousand year lifespan. Odin and Hela only conquered 9.

The power gem has been shown to bust moons and destroy the surfaces of planets. Thanos also has way more strength, durability and combat feats than Odin.

We have no idea how Surtur was defeated and or Hela was locked away. Just assuming Odin is physically stronger than her is just that, an assumption.

I personally believe that Thanos is stronger, smarter and more durable than Hela. Yes, her blade spawning would be tough to get around, but he could literally cut her head off. We've seen a regular Asgardian pierce her.

People saying that crushing Mjolnir is purely a strength feat are deliberately ignoring that Mjolnir was Helas hammer first, her power literally involves creating and destroying weapons, she has magic, Mjolnir is an enchanted weapon, she was never shown doing a similar feat again (like on Gungnir).

So again, Thanos and the power stone have better feats. He wins.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously if Odin is as big a threat as hes hyped to be Thanos isnt going to mess about and will actually use the Power Gem properly and kill him.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vrrzz:

The problem with everything you said is, it's lined with a whole lot of if's and buts and speculations. None of Odin's implied powers translate into battle applicable feats. Watching over a realm from another realm, sending someone across the universe with dark energy, being able to reveal the Aether etc aren't battle applicable feats. How and why he handled Hela like that, why he couldn't or didn't kill her is still a speculation. Same with Odin vs Surtur. There's also no proof that Odin can depower beings who are not Asgardian.

As far as on sceen feats go, Odin is just a strong Asgardian with a spear that can blast energy. He can't fly, has no combat speed or skill feats, no durability feats and no battle applicable hax. Hela is simply better than him. Thor with Strombreaker is simply better and a serious Thanos treated Thor like fodder.

Odin has no business fighting Thanos with the power stone. Thanos stomps without it.

Blueshoecant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Blueshoecant

@bobandjim1260: Thor even with the Lightning amp couldn't beat Hela.. let alone Eternal Flame Surtur... and Prime Odin soloed Both.

Vrrzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bobandjim1260: Dude this whole argument of conquerers trying to capture planets solo is stupid. Your argument of Thanos taking too long to do it pretty much sums it up.

Why did you even bring it up? Cuz if both are faced with an army of thousands with energy weapons and swords etc Odin would just bifrost one half and disintegrate the other with Gungir like the frost giants. What's Thanos going to do? spin his blade forever ? while getting attacked from all sides and dogpiled eventually...

Odin stopped at 9 because he became a good guy and decided to have Thor, this was clearly stated.

Anyway... I didn't even bring up Hela crushing Mjolnir because i know it's through hax and her knowledge of the weapon. She must have put her energy into it while Thor's was already in and it just couldn't take it...

But nonetheless i believe she is stronger for the reasons and breakdown of the feats i gave using Thor for reference. She's not smarter, not as durable but she does have instant regen.

Her bring decapitated or Thanos being impaled just depends on who makes the first mistake.

I never said Thanos can't win here, just that Odin has the magic and hax like strange to counter his gem. He can.. because his main weapon is his mind. But even if he does it'll be very close.

And it's hard to defend Odin cuz he's almost featless, we haven't even seen a young Odin in his prime but i think we will in the future hopefully.

Hope Hopkins lives that long lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blueshoecant: the point hes making is we dont know how he defeated either of them and for the most part he managed to lock them away in their own realms he didnt manage to kill either plus its said Hela would have killed him if he didnt in the visual dictionary.

bobandjim1260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vrrzz: I bring up their military might because you said that Odin brought his forces because "that's what kings and kingdoms do." I'm saying that would be irresponsible to do. He'd be purposely endangering lives if he could do it by himself. Therefore, he likely needed his army to aid him.

Thanos NEEDED his army too. He wouldn't be able to kill thousands of planets worth of civilizations without them.

We have no idea how Odin defeated Surtur, as it could have been some plan that involved his Asgardian army.

My point in Odin stopping at 9 realms and Thanos culling well over 1000 in a fraction of Odin's lifespan is that MCU Thanos has been through far more combat than Odin has.

*But nonetheless i believe she is stronger for the reasons and breakdown of the feats i gave using Thor for reference.*

Thor when he fought Thanos in Endgame was stronger than he had ever been according to the Russo Brothers. He also had both Stormbreaker and Mjolnir aiding him. Against Hela, he hardly had anything.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wegotthiscovered.com/movies/thor-stronger-avengers-endgame/amp/

As for this tricks and Hax that Odin supposedly had, what are they compared to Strange's hax? Strange avoided a blast from the power stone because he sent it into the Mirror Dimension. Also, Thanos wasn't delebretly trying to kill anyone on Titan. He could have planet whipped or reality stoned them if he wanted to.

Thanos fighting Odin is different. Thanos would probably know better than to fuck around with someone like Odin.

If there are more feats and less assumptions about Odin from your end, I'll agree.

Until and unless we see more of him though, I'm sticking with Thanos/power stone.

I too hope we'll see Prime Odin in action. We'll just have to wait and see.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin does have Odinforce in the MCU(Gungnir, The Destroyer, Mjolnir) are all powered by it...

I'll get the statement up if ya want.

Vrrzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finalkingthanos: yea I think i finally got what you're implying. We don't know enough to judge his power properly. But whatever it is, the Powerstone can overcome it I'm sure.

Btw Surtur literally can't die until he fulfills his destiny he said. Even Thor and valkryie confirmed it as a 'prophecy'. Being a leader of the valkryies she'd know a thing or two.

And I've been trying to search for an image online or a pdf page for the visual dictionary but apart from cap and ant man i can't find any other scan.

Would you mind posting the scan of Hela's page or taking a pic of it? Like not just that paragraph, her entire thing/bio...