Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Gnomishness

@cocacolaman:

Thanos roflstomps. Mysterio is a human level opponent with some drones, Thanos could just leap at him and turn him into a blood puddle.

That exactly the thing though: He'd be leaping into a wall, or front of a train, or off the side of a cliff almost any time he tried that. The Mysterio he sees in the illusion will never be the same Mysterio who is controlling the drones: there is literally no reason for him to be. Thanos in this fight will be operating off of either faulty information, or no information at all for nearly the entire duration of it. He won't know where the enemy is. He won't know where the drones are. He probably won't even know that he's fighting an illusion for the first 30 minutes of the fight: All the while, he'll be peppered by undetectable attacks strong enough to bust down concrete walls. This version of Thanos doesn't even have any AOE attacks to spam out in frustration to try and hit the drones with. Meanwhile, the actual Mysterio could be miles away in some building laughing his ass off.

If Mysterio is even just as competent as portrayed in the spiderman movie, this is going to be a long fight. Thanos will probably win anyway, because Thanos, but this isn't a stomp.

bleidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman:

Thanos roflstomps. Mysterio is a human level opponent with some drones, Thanos could just leap at him and turn him into a blood puddle.

That exactly the thing though: He'd be leaping into a wall, or front of a train, or off the side of a cliff almost any time he tried that. The Mysterio he sees in the illusion will never be the same Mysterio who is controlling the drones: there is literally no reason for him to be. Thanos in this fight will either be operating off of either faulty information, or no information at all for nearly the entire duration of it. He won't know where the enemy is. He won't know where the drones are. He probably won't even know that he's fighting an illusion for the first 30 minutes of the fight: All the while, he'll be peppered by undetectable attacks strong enough to bust down concrete walls.

If Mysterio is even just as competent as portrayed in the spiderman movie, this is going to be a long fight.

Exactly. So basically attacks that might tickle Thanos at best, unless you're suggesting that the durability of a concrete wall is comparable to Thanos', which is what most people on this thread seem to be insinuating.

bleidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkus said:

Guess they should have just used high calibre bullets against Thanos in Infinity War. Would have easily prevented The Blip.

Just like they should've used sulfuric acid against Ultron in AoU. Would've easily prevented the destruction of Sokovia.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 cocacolaman  Moderator

@gnomishness: I don’t think a battle being long necessarily makes it not a stomp. Thanos could go to sleep and the drones would run out of ammo before they ever hurt him. Meanwhile, Beck could have 10-inch thick armor and Thanos would still one shot him. As it is, with Thanos’ speed, and assuming that this is a standard fight where Beck will be standing in front of him at the start, Thanos could easily walk through whatever the illusions throw at him. It was shown the only way an illusion could hurt was with drones or trickery (Spidey hitting the wall.) None of that would work on Thanos, the strongest being in the non-SJW MCU. He put Hulk out in 10 seconds flat. The illusions themselves will be nauseating at first, but Thanos isn’t an idiot.

Besides, feats aside, no competent director would have Thanos lose to Mysterio.

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Gnomishness

@bleidd:

Exactly. So basically attacks that might tickle Thanos at best, unless you're suggesting that the durability of a concrete wall is comparable to Thanos'

I'm suggesting that the drones would need to fire at him constantly for several hours in order to kill him, but their power is above what Thanos is capable of literally no-selling.

which is what most people on this thread seem to be insinuating.

Not as I've seen. Most people seem to think Thanos will just walk up to Mysterio and One-shot him.

@cocacolaman:

Thanos could go to sleep and the drones would run out of ammo before they ever hurt him.

In addition to bullets, the drones have energy attacks and are logically equipt with arc reactors. One of these is a laser-cutter capable of piercing through a several foot thick steel door. They wouldn't run out of ammo.

Meanwhile, Beck could have 10-inch thick armor and Thanos would still one shot him.

You could give Goku 20,000 High-caliber Bazookas to go up against Superman and it wouldn't help either. Some equipment is simply going to be irrelevant given both character's power sets. That doesn't make it a stomp.

Thanos could easily walk through whatever the illusions throw at him.

Well yeah: they are illusions after all. What he cant just "walk" through are the literal walls he's no longer able to see. The pits he'll be lead into. And the constant synchronized wall-busting barrage of invisible attacks being fired at him from all directions. He wouldn't even know which direction to turn.

The illusions themselves will be nauseating at first, but Thanos isn’t an idiot.

So what's he going to do? Walk very slowly and carefully to avoid falling into a trap while a hundred drones literally pepper him with attacks from above for an entire solid day?

Besides, feats aside, no competent director would have Thanos lose to Mysterio.

Obviously not.

I can however, imagine a competent director having Mysterio hold off Thanos for a solid hour while the rest of the heroes recover, before he finally runs out of drones. Thanos is inevitable, but Mysterio counters him and is well prepared on top of that. Certainly a directer might make it less of a stomp then Thanos vs the Hulk or Thanos vs Ironman or Thanos vs Dr Strange.

bleidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gnomishness: So you think the drones can kill Thanos. Okay I'm done. Bye.

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bleidd:

So you think the drones can kill Thanos. Okay I'm done. Bye.

Run away Mr "I never take anything anyone says in context"

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

He's bulletproof, sure, but only to assault rifle, light machine fire.

Heavier caliber rounds like those from tanks and jets would pierce him given their much higher piercing power.

icec0ld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread is approaching maximum stupid

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Gnomishness

@icec0ld:

If missiles couldn't puncture him I doubt bullets could.

Even if the drones' attacks on Thanos have only as much of an effect as a drop of water dropped from 1 foot of height onto a human being, that alone will eventually be enough to kill him, and I don't think the attack/durability disparities are quite that huge here. It might only take a day or two of constant firing for the drones to kill Thanos unless he manages a lucky shot on them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why this isn’t locked is beyond me.

The fact people can’t accept he would tank high calibre bullets is also beyond me not every single thing needs a feat.

Zod doesn’t have any piercing feats at all that are notable but anyone with common sense knows bullets and the like would do nothing to him.

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Gnomishness

@batman242:

Heavier caliber rounds like those from tanks and jets would pierce him given their much higher piercing power.

I guess that might be debatable, but I seriously doubt a tank round would ever do more then very lightly bruise Thanos' flesh, if even that. The only danger here for Thanos is time, numbers, and sheer lack of effective actions he could make here.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Gnomishness

@finalkingthanos:

Zod doesn’t have any piercing feats at all that are notable but anyone with common sense knows bullets and the like would do nothing to him.

Thanos and Kryptonians have different types of durability. Unless it's strong enough to significantly hurt him Zod and co don't even blink or flinch at all from attacks. It's once you've passed the threshold that killing them becomes relatively easy.

Thanos can get variably pinnballed by much weaker attacks then them, but just because it did some damage doesn't mean it does anything significant because Thanos can take so much punishment.

It's like the distinction between Hit Points and Armor. Thanos has tons and tons of hit-points. Zod has much higher armor.

If it takes 500 bullets to eventually draw a drop of blood from Thanos, then he'll be down pints of blood after day inside Mysterio's illusion.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gnomishness: I wasn’t comparing them together just an example of how daft the thread is and the argument that bullets etc can hurt Thanos.

Most of the differences are mostly directors stylistic choices since all dceu Kryptonians have been filmed by one guy.

bleidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will someone please lock this abomination of a thread?

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242:

I guess that might be debatable, but I seriously doubt a tank round would ever do more then very lightly bruise Thanos' flesh. The only danger here for Thanos is time, numbers, and sheer lack of elective actions he could make here.

Why? We see over time blunt force can breach his skin, a high caliber round like a 25mm that has force focused on a tiny area of his skin would probably breach it too. Tony breached his skin after wailing on him and Carol bruised his skin with a few hits to the face, I don't see him being necessarily being durable enough to tank such rounds. I also find it weird that people say Thanos is so durable when some of his high end feats involve him outright using the Power Stone for protection, the lines are blurred even more so due to him wearing armor during some of the hits he took.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration:

Thanos is definitely bulletproof... His armor tanked stormbreaker, he tanked Bucky's bullets in IW, Cap's vibranium piercing gauntlets to the face, etc.

He tanked those things, but he didn't-sell them. The stark-drones have a variety of powerful weapons that can cut through several feet of steel doors. Given maybe a day's worth of time, Mysterio's drones could wear down and probably kill Thanos, assuming no unpredictable retaliation.

Yea, no, he no-sold them. All of them. Except for Cap's strikes which made him move his head a bit, he didn't even flinch to the other ones.

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finalkingthanos:

Most of the differences are mostly directors stylistic choices since all dceu Kryptonians have been filmed by one guy.

This dichotomy is present in the comics and such as well though.

Note: This isn't to trash MCU Thanos. He could probably survive attacks that even Zod couldn't, like a ground zero nuke for instance, but for max caliber bullets, it's reasonable to say that they don't just have zero effect on him. Hardly any effect, which is why a regular army would be near-useless against Thanos, but not zero effect.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gnomishness: yep I understand what your saying btw and respect the opinion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bleidd: totally agree the stuff getting said on here are so blatantly wrong / biased lol

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Gnomishness

@batman242:

We see over time blunt force can breach his skin, a high caliber round like a 25mm that has force focused on a tiny area of his skin would probably breach it too.

Yeah, but you see, that wasn't your initial argument. Glad we're now on the same page though.

@supremegeneration:

Yea, no, he no-sold them. All of them. Except for Cap's strikes which made him move his head a bit, he didn't even flinch to the other ones.

He didn't pay much mind to the other attacks, but I'm pretty sure we do see them scuff him up very slightly.

Note, this is also the end of the film where he's got all of the infinity stones. The lack of effect might've maybe been because of that as well.

bleidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know right? Thor's such an idiot. He wasted so much time travelling to Nidavellir to forge Stormbreaker and nearly died in the process. If only he knew that a .50 cal would do the job. The snap would never have happened.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He didn't pay much mind to the other attacks, but I'm pretty sure we do see them scuff him up very slightly.

Note, this is also the end of the film where he's got all of the infinity stones.

I don't remember him even blinking.

And there's no evidence the gems/stones make him more durable.

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finalkingthanos:

Well, glad to debate against you

And obviously some of the stuff being said on this thread is wrong: there is something like 4 different outcomes to this battle according to the commenters. That seems like a sign of a productive thread though.

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration:

I don't remember him even blinking.

How about we look at it like this then: is Captain-America's punch really stronger then a barrage of drone shock attacks from the movie? Those things shattered stone and literally toppled buses.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gnomishness: just a bit daft though tbh he’s the most durable villian in the series outside of the big 2/3 like Dormammu.

He can’t be cut by inter-dimensional magic or vibranium or missiles and so on and even one of the plots of IW was literally Thor having to go forge Asgard’s greatest god axe to have something capable that can fully get through his skin.

Even the drop of blood line was completely thematic in the sense it was to show the full effort of the Titan team came to nothing but a scratch he laughed off or if people need it to be black and white it’s obviously a low showing in comparison.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bleidd said:
@batman242 said:

I know right? Thor's such an idiot. He wasted so much time travelling to Nidavellir to forge Stormbreaker and nearly died in the process. If only he knew that a .50 cal would do the job. The snap would never have happened.

To be fair, I don't think a .50 cal would pierce Thanos' skin. A 20mm or 25mm, quite possibly. A 30mm, I'm betting on it.

bleidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bleidd said:
@batman242 said:

To be fair, I don't think a .50 cal would pierce Thanos' skin. A 20mm or 25mm, quite possibly. A 30mm, I'm betting on it.

Lol. Nevermind.

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Gnomishness

@finalkingthanos:

He can’t be cut by inter-dimensional magic.

While I agree that it wouldn't make for a clean slice-through, I don't believe that it was ever attempted on Thanos.

or vibranium

well he clearly could be, given that stark managed to cut him slightly towards the end. It just wasn't easy.

and even one of the plots of IW was literally Thor having to go forge Asgard’s greatest god axe to have something capable that can fully get through his skin.

Capability to Pierce through his skin wasn't the deal breaker for Thor. Thor wanted a weapon capable of allowing him to solo Thanos: let him do more then superficial chip-damage to him at a time. This was pretty evident from Thor's character arc and his refusal to work with the other top-heroes to try and co-ordinate something before shouting "Bring me Thanos".

I mean, I get what you're saying, and it does ultimately score him the win here, but durability doesn't go on forever.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gnomishness: it was stated by the directors I know not everything should be taken but ones like that make sense.

Cap at the least hit him with Vibranium tip.

The whole point of Stormbreaker was that it can kill people like Thanos, Thor knew he needed to forge a weapon that gave him a shot. I’m not saying it was just about piercing but the point was he needed the greatest weapon of Asgard (MCU) to do so.

I feel like a lot of other characters wouldn’t be getting all these excuses against them lol Beck ain’t taken down any decent level characters in the MCU, War Machine etc would stomp.

Trololololol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did I miss something ? Shouldn't Thanos stomp this ?

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Gnomishness

@finalkingthanos:

it was stated by the directors I know not everything should be taken but ones like that make sense.

Ah. I didn’t know. I’m not really sure that changes much though.

Cap at the least hit him with Vibranium tip.

Yeah, but this Viranium tip of a shield. A normal human is only moderately likely to be pierced by the steel tip of a shield. Those things have bad dimensions and angles for cutting in general. A Viberium sword or knife like Tonys can give Thanos as much as a paper cut.

The whole point of Stormbreaker was that it can kill people like Thanos

Yeah. That is, it’s capable of giving more then paper-cuts at a time. This would be necessary if you wanted to kill Thanos in a melee.

I feel like a lot of other characters wouldn’t be getting all these excuses against them lol Beck ain’t taken down any decent level characters in the MCU, War Machine etc would stomp.

War Machine definitely would not stomp. He’d almost certainly quickly lose, and unlike Thanos, War Machine with his hud and camera assisted vision isn’t countered nearly as hard by Mysterio.

Mysterio was almost the next head of the Avengers just by battling monsters that he himself created for christ’s sake! It’s not like he was a nobody.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gnomishness: only while every other main hero is out of action and Nick Fury was replaced by Talos the skrull lol blood hell he got taken down by a newly competent Spider-Man and here we are discussing wether he could beat a guy that conquers planets hahaha!? (Yes I know not alone)

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Gnomishness

@finalkingthanos:

hell he got taken down by a newly competent Spider-Man

Yeah, but:

1. He was very hesitant about killing spiderman from the outset. He spent up until that hallway scene choosing largely non-fatal attacks to use on Peter Parker and was visibly upset when he found out that he needed to kill him. During the Berlin scene, he was actively toying around with spiderman.

2. Dealing with Spiderman was not his main priority, even at the end. Selling off the illusion to the public that he was the hero was. So many of his drones were wasted with selling the premise of the movie monster first, and the killer drone attack second, that hardly even a portion of them were actually trying to kill his enemy, and none of those used his illusion tech on spiderman till the end.

3. He severely underestimated Spiderman. There were literally two times when he was sure that spiderman was dead and he didn't even bother to check. That was out-of-character plot-device levels of incompetence for him, considering how he bugged the hell out when even the slightest level of evidence existed for his illusion.

4. Spiderman was a very clear counter to him. Not too many heroes have extra senses and, even those based on electronics Mysterio can fool. Spider-sense is really the ideal counter for it.

5. The hallway at the end was the worst possible location for Mysterio to fight in. Fighting within hallway is typically so predictable and so constricting for flyers like the drones, what more, flying blasters, that Spiderman could reasonably predict their location even if he couldn't see them.

6. Even while less competent, Spiderman is not a particularly weak Avenger. Certainly we saw that enough in infinity war.

All things considered, Mysterio is a nasty opponent to have. His Drones were capable of faking an Avengers level threat: not just being one, but faking being one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gnomishness: mate I don’t disagree with a single thing you said I honestly don’t both Spider-Man and Mysterio where great but they would be stomped at the same time by someone on this level casually it’s just how it is.

Sometimes people should think about how the writers or film makers would actually do this fight if it were to happen ... there wouldn’t be a fight not in a hypothetical film and not in the comic vine crazy land of feats.

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Gnomishness

@finalkingthanos:

Sometimes people should think about how the writers or film makers would actually do this fight if it were to happen ... there wouldn’t be a fight not in a hypothetical film and not in the comic vine crazy land of feats.

To be frankly honest, approaching this thread, that's where I started.

Lets assume that Mysterio won in the spiderman movie and became the new official head of the avengers. Mysterio, emotionally intelligent psychopathic actor that he is, gives the other present Avengers a inspiring "defend the world" speech that he's only kind of faking, before the entire thing starts. Thanos is, for some reason, entirely alone this time. However, since Mysterio has something to hide, he (or rather the illusion of him) hangs back while the other heroes initially fight Thanos, only occasionally firing off attacks, and it's only once they're all bleeding on the ground, about to be finished off, that he gets serious and starts genuinely fighting Thanos, trying to step up and fulfill the position that he took through faulty means.

First it's just firing blasts at Thanos from above, but eventually Thanos hits Mysterio and it becomes suspected that what he's fighting is merely an illusion once the attack phases right through him, Mysterio panics, faced with a universe-level threat, and all the Drones immediately come rushing in to project a 360 degrees dark room focused around Thanos (like at the end of the move, but in a much less impractical location for it then a hallway) and starts firing at him.

The other heroes that Thanos previously wrecked get up, assisted by a few spare drones, and now that the illusion is focused entirely on Thanos, Mysterio sheepishly admits that he's been faking what exactly his power is, but that this should at least hold Thanos for now. Though technically not "holding" Thanos, the titan cannot escape since the drones still just maintain a parameter while following him.

The other heroes have a conversation or inspiring speech or something. Thanos quakes with rage from inside his illusion as the drones keep shamelessly peppering him with attacks while disorienting him. After about fifteen minutes, Thanos successfully manages to hit one of the drones while randomly tossing stuff into the darkness, destroying it. The illusion partially blips for maybe a 10th of a second as the other drones go to take it's place, and though he can go on for maybe an hour or two longer with this cheap strategy, before Thanos manages to randomly destroy enough Drones to break the illusion, Mysterio chooses to reveal that he can't hold him for much longer, and his drones break away and allow the other heroes to fight against Thanos once again.

The resulting Thanos looks somewhat worse for wear, with a few small half-formed scratches littered across his body where he's continuously been peppered by bullets from literally all sides and sprayed down with laser-cutter fire. He's also very very angry.

The other heroes continue to fight it for a bit until Captain Marvel comes along with a newly slim Thor and Storm-breaker and the two of them proceed to drive Thanos off. Mysterio is no longer head avenger, but he still remains part of the group.

That is what I imagine it would be like in an avengers movie.

Mind you, the movies don't really care that much about writing when Feats are considered: they're good like that. We see this when Thor and Captain Marvel stomp, and that word might work rather legitimately here, a admittedly weakened Thanos at the start of Endgame.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gnomishness: the heroes would figure out mysterious is an evil **** long before he ever got to a point like that imo, just like Spider-Man did.

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Gnomishness

@finalkingthanos:

the heroes would figure out mysterious is an evil **** long before he ever got to a point like that imo, just like Spider-Man did.

If Nick Fury ever did an investigation on him, I would agree, but even spiderman only found out that Mysterio was projecting the monsters due to the fabulously absurd and lucky fluke of his prospective girl-friend randomly picking up not only the only piece of evidence to ever drop off of the drones before, but also the perfect evidence, being it's active, only half-damaged projector, rather than it's more miscellaneous parts. Mysterio was incredibly cautious in hindsight.

Hell, even now, despite his screw-up, thanks to JJJ, almost the entire world is going to think that he was genuinely an amazing hero and that he actually saved the world. This scenario is definitely far from unlikely all things considered. It couldn't continue forever, since Fury would definitely do that investigation once he got back, and he wouldn't be able to stop that, but till then...

bleidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why's this not locked yet? Supes vs Mysterio thread got locked. Double standards?

MattyBoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stop this. If your gonna put mysterio against someone at least dont make it someone bullet proof. Thanos no sold vibranium bullets and WM fire.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bleidd: don’t you know Thanos would die from 30mm rounds!! strombreaker is just a toy axe without nuke level metal slashing attacks.

JoeyCentral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Mysterio wins this one. People underestimate Spider-Man villains. His arch-nemeses are pretty much on par with Thanos. Villains like Venom, Carnage, Green Goblin, Dock Ock, and Mysterio are pretty much on par with Thanos in terms of power. I think 6/10 Mysterio wins if Thanos has the gauntlet.

Avatar image for deactivated-63348143d7cff
deactivated-63348143d7cff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos should stomp, tbh.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d4092c43d62c
deactivated-5d4092c43d62c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mysterio will troll him but cannot hurt him

Avatar image for deactivated-5d4092c43d62c
deactivated-5d4092c43d62c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonhardt: @JoeyCentral: @eredin12: @finalkingthanos: @mattyboi: @bleidd: I am even curious does Thanos's eyes register the same lvl spectrum of electromagnetic waves like he had same retinal based cells in his eyes. He could likely even register other electromagnetic waves than 400nm-700nm. He could even be able to register UV, microwaves, radiowaves ,X-ray or inframed etc. We must specify can those illusions really trick Thanos

Avatar image for deactivated-610bd31442771
deactivated-610bd31442771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

seriously? stop trolling around you're not Mysterio

Beck tickles Thanos to death

Kidolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Kidolio

Piercing and Blunt should be the same until proven otherwise. Like how if I could punch fast enough my fist would go through someone which would count as piercing, but if I don’t punch fast enough my fist will push someone back without going through them which counts as blunt.