MCU Who are the Top 5 Most Powerful MCU Heroes (Post IW)

• 138 results
Avatar image for theonewhodoesso
TheOneWhoDoesSo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheOneWhoDoesSo

How would you rank the Heroes in the MCU following IW in terms of pure power?

Pick a top 5!

My contenders:

5. Vision

4. Iron Man

2= Scarlet Witch

2= Dr Strange

1. Thor (With Stormbreaker)

How would you rank them?

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your order seems correct, although one could make a case for Iron Man > Wanda.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

Strange

Hulk

Iron Man

Scarlet Witch

Vision was basically a punching bag

Avatar image for theonewhodoesso
TheOneWhoDoesSo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor seems most powerful. Wanda held off Thanos as well, so she's definitely up there.

Avatar image for franklinbrichard
FranklinBRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

Strange

Wanda

IM

Vision

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I agree with your list for the most part though I'd place Strange above Wanda imo, Thor is definitely the most impressive out of them all.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

Strange

Hulk

Iron Man

Scarlet Witch

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Thor (MVP Easily)

2. Strange (he was extremely impressive)

3. Tony (new armor was even more impressive than Wanda

4. Wanda

5. Black Panther

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Thor

2. Dr Strange

3. Wanda

4. Tony

5. Vision

There could be an argument made for 4 and 5 being swapped.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

1. Thor
  2. Dr. Strange
  3. Wanda
  4. Tony
  5. Hulk
Avatar image for deactivated-5b17f1b84ea5f
deactivated-5b17f1b84ea5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

0) Stan Lee

icec0ld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By icec0ld

Side note: captain marvel will be the most powerful mcu hero bar none. It's already confirmed by the director she will be at a power scale never seen before by anyone in the mcu and she'll be similar to Superman in MOS.

1.) Ironman- had the best head to head showing against Thanos.

2.) Dr. Strange

3.) Wanda

4.) Vision maybe

4.) Thor- without a weapon he's practically useless. He physically got dominated by Thanos and was going to get his head crushed. He was only affective with the hammer he forged.

Ironman with stormbreaker would have killed Thanos as he is faster and stronger than thor.

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would have your same list except would put Hulk above Vision. He was disappointing in this movie. I don’t know if it was being impaled early on that weakened him to being a punching bag but man. He wields the infinity stone, has an organic vibranium body. He should be top 3 at least.

Tenguswordsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. MCU Cap

2. MCU Cap

3. MCU Cap

4. MCU Cap

5. MCU Cap.

Jokes aside, it is:

1. Thor

2. Strange

3. Wanda

4. Tony

5. Hulk

icec0ld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_shazam0920:

Here's the problem from what I can tell.

It's Disney's standards. In the DCEU all the heros are incredibly powerful because the villains they fight are so overwhelmingly strong it doesn't make the heroes look overpowered.

In the MCU the villains are not that imposing, none of them outside of Kurse have displayed power to a degree you would deem them imminently dangerous to the heroes. So characters like Thor, Hulk, Vision, and Scarlett witch, all of whom are immensely powerful get nerfed down hard to stay within the standard.

icec0ld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_shazam0920:

I left hulk out because it's clear they don't know what to do with the character. His strength changes every movie.

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@icec0ld: Ironman was useless against Thanos without his suit.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icec0ld: Stop trolling please... It is unknown if Thor obtained many of his injuries from thanos ship attacking. Thor was also up against thanos and his entire team, who were no push overs.

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icec0ld: there is no excuse for Vision to get kicked around by someone who Captain America stomped. Sorry.

Also I agreed with the OP’s list. I can’t agree with yours.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

Dr. Strange

Wanda

Iron Man

Vision or Hulk(Both of whom were presented pathetically in Infinity War)

americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_shazam0920: I mean he was stabbed as literally the first event that happened to him in the movie. He was weakened throughout the entire film in every single showing he had. Also Corvus beat Captain America iirc.

WhyZoSerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor......................

Wanda

Dr. Strange

Iron man

Spider-man

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor essentially one shotted Thanos ans yet still gets called weaker than Iron Man lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Thor

2. Dr. Strange

3. Wanda

4. Iron Man

5. Hulk

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scarlet Witch > Thor > Dr Strange > Iron Man > Spiderman

Ianosm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icec0ld: did you...did you just say Iron Man is faster and stronger than Thor?!

Thor without weapon is useless?!

Are you DammeFavour?

americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What did spiderman do to be above Vision or Hulk. They didn't get great feats this film but both are still more impressive than Spidey with past feats.

OT:

Thor>Doctor Strange>=Scarlet Witch>Ironman>=<Hulk>Vision

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1)Wanda (could stop Thanos with 5 stones with one hand while simultaneously destroying the mind stone with the other hand)

2)Thor (he isn't first on the list because cutting Thanos isn't such an impressive feat if at all. Stark made him bleed with a plasma sword. From what I've seen, The stones don't enhance anybody's strength and durability at all. Cap was able to resist Thanos's hand for a few moments and didn't have any injuries after getting punched on the face by Thanos with 5 stones)

3)Stark (in overall power/versatility)

4)Strange (he could do some good low level reality warping)

Both Strange and Stark managed to fight Thanos with 3 stones with considerable successs. Thanos won only because of the stone's hax powers. So not sure how to rank Strange and Stark. They are interchangeable.

Aka_aka_aka_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Using heroes only and not featless characters (like Captain Marvel) your list seems pretty accurate.

Personally I was expecting Star Lord to use some Celestial powers when he found out Thanos killed Gamora (thought it would be epic (celestial vs infinity stones) and also seemed to mirror the moment where he found out Ego killed his mother), but alas, we didn't get that so it seems Star Lord really cannot access those powers at all, so he's out of contention, otherwise he might've taken top spot.

My list would be just like yours, but with Scarlet Witch above Dr.Strange. Her feat with the infinity stones at the end of the film is simply too impressive for me to place her any lower than just below Thor and only because he now also has a feat against all infinity stones.

comicdragninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what was pretty wierd was that cap, widow and falcon gave a better fight to proxima and glaive than vision and scarlett witch

Avatar image for deactivated-5c531e53b02be
deactivated-5c531e53b02be

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor&amp;gt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt;Strange&amp;gt;Tony&amp;gt;Wanda&amp;gt;Spiderman&amp;gt;Starlord&amp;gt;rest

Didn't include Hulk because he got shafted in IW

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Thor

Strange

Hulk

Iron Man

Scarlet Witch

I wouldn't rank Hulk anywhere post IW lol :D

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 rogueshadow  Moderator

@georgewbush said:

Thor

Strange

Hulk

Iron Man

Scarlet Witch

I wouldn't rank Hulk anywhere post IW lol :D

Hulk needs to come back with a vengeance in A4 and wreck shop.

Nomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Nomar

This Hulk lowballing is getting ridiculous. He simply wasn't in the movie and the one showing he has, he was the only Avenger putting up a fight. Thor was getting his head caved in at that point. Unless you all think that Ragnarok Thor/Hulk are below SW/Vision (who were taking on Cap/Bucky tier opponents), I'm gonna respect IW Ironman he's actually quite legit.

They did Vision very dirty this movie though. He should have been a powerhouse. I'm gonna chalk it up to his wounds weakening him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ae771f2dc451
deactivated-5ae771f2dc451

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hawkeye no contest.

icec0ld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324:

Because of context, he is not that strong it was the weapon. If rocket made a gun to kill thanks would you say rocket is more powerful than thor?

Is Batman more powerful than Superman because he uses weapons specifically made to kill him and beat him nearly to death?

We saw Thor almost get killed if not for Loki saving his life. He had no hammer just his own strength and he couldn't put up as good a fight as iron Man did. Thor is not that strong on his own. He just possess one of the strongest weapons in the MCU but he by himself is not that strong a character he's not really faster than anybody he's somewhere around maybe Captain America speed if you can't fly his super strength as far as we've seen is somewhere around Iron Man and his Mark II armor he hasn't really showed that he's a Powerhouse character outside of being able to take blunt force trauma

icec0ld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nomar:

Like I said they don't know how to use it I mean really if they wrote him the way they're supposed to you know he would put up a much better fight against a nose he would have whooped on Thor and Ragnarok but they can't have them be that powerful it is doesn't fit the Disney you know archetype for what they're there movies are they can't have them that strong I think the best that you saw him was in the Age of Ultron movie and that was only because I don't think they're ever going to do that again unfortunately

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icec0ld said:

@jayc1324:

Because of context, he is not that strong it was the weapon. If rocket made a gun to kill thanks would you say rocket is more powerful than thor?

So Tony Stark is nothing without his armor, I guess Iron man is the weakest then? And yes if Rocket had a weapon that powerful then yeah he would be the most powerful.

Is Batman more powerful than Superman because he uses weapons specifically made to kill him and beat him nearly to death?

How is this relevant? Thor is not the most powerful solely because of his fight with Thanos.

We saw Thor almost get killed if not for Loki saving his life.

Yeah Thanos could have killed all the Avengers lol that's not a bad thing for him

He had no hammer just his own strength and he couldn't put up as good a fight as iron Man did.

We never even saw Thor fight Thanos so anything you say about that is speculation. And Thanos was fighting multiple avengers at once, and Iron Man heavily used his gadgets to try to restrain Thanos. But he isn't stronger or more durable or powerful than Thor.

Thor is not that strong on his own. He just possess one of the strongest weapons in the MCU but he by himself is not that strong a character he's not really faster than anybody he's somewhere around maybe Captain America speed if you can't fly his super strength as far as we've seen is somewhere around Iron Man and his Mark II armor he hasn't really showed that he's a Powerhouse character outside of being able to take blunt force trauma

Hmm okay someone who oneshotted Thanos and was beating Hulk is around Iron Man level, and is not a powerhouse. Ok. Did you not see all the Avengers cheer when Thor arrived in Wakanda? Bruce was in the Hulkbuster suit and yet still acknowledged Thor's arrival, because he knows he is the most powerful. Did you see Age of Ultron, when Thor destroyed Sokovia? Did you not see him fly through a destroy one of Thanos' army's ships?

icec0ld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By icec0ld

@jayc1324:

Again Thor did not one shot Thanos. Stormbreaker did, it's the weapon, Thor himself is not that strong.

And the batman reference is perfectly relevant. Its the same thing as what Thor did. On his own Thor got stomped by thanos, he then built a weapon that can kill him. He's still the same Thor that got beat down, the only difference is he has a weapon than can kill Thanos.

Same as batman, who on his own got beat down easily by Superman until he produced a weapon that can kill him. That does not make him more powerful than Superman in anyway. Just like it doesn't make Thor any stronger than thanos. Ironman, or Spider-Man could have done the same thing with that hammer because it's the hammer that's dangerous to thanos.

I saw age of Ultron, he didn't destroy sakovia. He rupture the vibranium core. He also did not one shot Thanos he threw a weapon designed to kill him at him. Anyone could have done it and got the same result. Thor just happened to be the one to make and wield it. Capt, tachalla, Stark or vision could have just as easily thrown it into his chest as well.

It still stands the most powerful avengers are

1.) Iron Man

2.) Strange

3.) wanda

4.) Vision maybe

5.) Thor - there's not one character he beats on this list without his hammer.

pmcinelly784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By pmcinelly784

I feel like cap bucky and widow are slowly getting weaker. Vision also got his butt kicked, my opinion of him has been lessened.

1) Thor

2) Iron Man

3) Scarlet Witch

4) Hulk

5) Ant-Man

Edit: I forgot Dr Strange, but he's above Wanda for sure

GrandTOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: Black Panther over Iron Man?

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grandtoaa: I did not have BP over tony.

1. Thor

2. Strange

3. Tony

4. Wanda

5. Black panther

Avatar image for deactivated-5c60dc252a2af
deactivated-5c60dc252a2af

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

0: Stan Lee AKA TOAA

1: Thor

2: Dr. Strange

3: Hulk

4/5: Iron Man/Wanda

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Thor easly most powerfull

2. Dr strange was very impressive so second

3. Wanda had decent stuff going on

4. Hulk though i hated how they threated him, his previous showing are still incredible.

5. Iron man. New suit was insane.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanforever: Hulk over iron man? Really? I thought he was far above him now

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone said:

@supermanforever: Hulk over iron man? Really? I thought he was far above him now

Not if we count hulks previous feats. Hulk was extremely nerfed in the movie. I cringed on how badly they nerfed him. If we ignore infinity war. Ragnarok/aou/avengers hulk feats is more than good enough to take and beat current iron man.

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By noah_ouellette

Thor, tony, strange, wanda. Five is irrelevant. Thor is literally king Thor now which is lit. Tony is the only one who hurt thanos at all besides king Thor. Drew blood. Tony got such a massive upgrade.

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Alavanka

Don't think we say Iron Man is weak just because he owns weapons. And no, nobody else is using Stormbreaker. Thor did say that none of the guardians possesses the strength to wield a weapon on the scale of Stormbreaker. I believe his exact words were "You simply lack the strength to wield them. Your bodies would crumble as your minds collapsed into madness".