MCU: Wanda & Vision vs. Thor - All Bloodlusted

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Poll MCU: Wanda & Vision vs. Thor - All Bloodlusted (82 votes)

Wanda & Vision 63%
Thor 37%

Wanda & Vision

No Caption Provided

VS.

Thor

No Caption Provided

Rules

• IW version of Vision; EG versions of Wanda & Thor
  • Thor has Stormbreaker and Mjolnir
  • Everyone is bloodlusted
  • Victory by KO or death only. No BFR.
  • Basic Knowledge
  • No Prep
  • Starting distance of 50 feet
  • Battle takes place in the ruins of the Avengers Facility (where the Trinity fought Thor)

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5edbb4007f071
deactivated-5edbb4007f071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@xzone:

@supremegeneration: @anthp2000: I have a question for you my friends. If EG Thor is in fact Prime Thor, why is it that he did not even once use lightning against Thanos

No Caption Provided

He uses it on Stark who in turn used it on Thanos...what kind of excuse is this anyways? Lol, Are we gonna assume Thor from his first solo movie is the "Prime Thor" because he used a tornado attack which he never again used in another movie.

It doesn't make any sense and the Russos words are pretty cut and dry

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kolkent said:

@xzone:

@supremegeneration: @anthp2000: I have a question for you my friends. If EG Thor is in fact Prime Thor, why is it that he did not even once use lightning against Thanos

No Caption Provided

Smh, he adressed this:

Why is it that Thor chose to charge Stark's armor instead of hitting Thanos with lightning?

Edit: Nice edit

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only on cv will people argue being fat takes away powers & fighting ability of a dude they think can move at supersonic speeds & lift millions of tons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kolkent said:

@supremegeneration: i stg he did, either that or I read it wrong. Point still stands

He didn't, I remember explicitly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: So if Thor in EG isn't Prime because he didn't use his lightning against Thanos despite having the ability to use it, is Thor 1 his prime since he uses Tornadoes which he never uses again?

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 cocacolaman  Moderator

Wanda solos. Thor never used lightning properly in EG, and while normally I would chalk this up to PIS, this Thor has multiple evidence portraying him as below his IW self, and whether it was mentally or physically, it's undeniable Thor didn't use lightning when in a trapped position (that's literally on screen fact.)

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm happy that feat of Thor charging Stark's armor was brought up. Look at the lightning and how difficult it was for Thor to charge that with two weapons

No Caption Provided

Thor in IW was able to casually blast this level of lightning without summoning it from the sky (At least it seems that way)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone said:

I'm happy that feat of Thor charging Stark's armor was brought up. Look at the lightning and how difficult it was for Thor to charge that with two weapons

No Caption Provided

Thor in IW was able to casually blast this level of lightning without summoning it from the sky (At least it seems that way)

We didn’t see him charge it. No way to say it was casual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

....what?

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman:

it's undeniable Thor didn't use lightning when in a trapped position (that's literally on screen fact.)

He didn't use it in IW when Maw trapped him either.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@webinyoureye11: IIRC, Thor has never charged a lightning blast mid air

No Caption Provided

And the blast seems similar to this

But even if he did charge the blast, IW Thor used more powerful lightning when he's using one weapon than EG Thor using two weapons and a lot of effort

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkus: Then he was obviously too hurt to summon lightning, or it's also possible that lightning summoning doesn't work in space

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkus: Well, lightning is Thor's most powerful ability... And he seems to only be able to make tornados via Mjolnir

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: Maybe, or maybe Thor just didn't make the right choice. There are times when Tornados could have came in handy, but he didn't use them.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkus: And he didn't have Mjolnir?

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: There are times when he's had Mjolnir and Tornados would have come in handy, but he didn't use it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone said:

@webinyoureye11: IIRC, Thor has never charged a lightning blast mid air

No Caption Provided

And the blast seems similar to this

But even if he did charge the blast, IW Thor used more powerful lightning when he's using one weapon than EG Thor using two weapons and a lot of effort

What does being in the air have to do with charging lightning?

quantify the output of the lightning used in IW & EG

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 anthp2000  Moderator

@xzone:

It's a common trait in fiction that superhero combos are very powerful, hence Thor charging up Iron Man to levels he cannot normally reach to attack Thanos. And plus it looks cool, not everything has a reason - unless Captain Marvel required Mantis and Shuri to help open way for her in front of Thanos' army.

I don't really know what you're suggesting with that comparison between the lightning bolts from A3 and 4. Firstly, could be that the second one is stronger than the first one, and that's why it took more time to charge. Secondly, Thor summoned the top one off screen, so we can't know what happened for sure if you wanna go that way about it.

And lastly, Thor isn't the brightest of minds when it comes to utilising his powers or else he wouldn't have forgotten he can summon tornadoes ever since 9 years ago.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scipio123: Wasn't it also mentioned by the Russo's that Thor specifically in EG could not snap and survive?

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xZone going like 5v1 right now

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Greysentinel365

@xzone:

Wasn't it also mentioned by the Russo's that Thor specifically in EG could not snap and survive?

No. That's a mistranslation of a Chinese interview. The most conventional reading of it is that they say Thor can't do it period. Nothing about the "last movie" is mentioned.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: So, if I understand your argument correctly, the reason Thor did not even once use his most powerful ability is because movies sometimes don't make sense? Captain America uses more lightning than Thor, but that just how it is?

Also, tornados are likely only via Mjolnir

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor solos.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: Thor used some form of lightning about 5 or 6 times in Endgame he just didnt use it to the standards of headcanon Thor.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: My point about the lightning bolts is how difficult it is for Thor to summon lightning in EG vs IW

Heck, even compare how easily Cap summons lightning with how tough it is for Thor to summon lightning in EG

No Caption Provided

This isn't a problem that Thor had in Ragnarok or IW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone:

Difficult? Its a scene made to Thor look cool in the same capacity Thor getting knocked off his feet by a ball was used for comedy. I don't see you arguing Thor tanking attacks that can vaporize Sokovia as inconsistent because of that...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Summoning lightning doesn’t seem too taxing here... @xzone

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: Thor used some form of lightning about 5 or 6 times in Endgame he just didnt use it to the standards of headcanon Thor.

So maybe I'm mistaken, but I don't recall that

He summons lightning when he summons Stormbreaker and Mjolnir

He hits Iron-Man with lightning

He hits some fodder with lightning

And that's pretty much it

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Compare that to this

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@webinyoureye11: I certainly hope that lightning wouldn't be difficult to summon, it's not even being used to attack anyone, but the lightning that charged Iron-Man's armor certainly seemed far more difficult

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will ask the same question again

No Caption Provided

Why did Thor not use lightning against Thanos even once when Cap did so much with what should be weaker lightning

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: Yep Thor also killed fodder numerous times with lightning in endgame just as impressive as always.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone:

Again I'll respond with this:

He uses it on Stark who in turn used it on Thanos...what kind of excuse is this anyways? Lol, Are we gonna assume Thor from his first solo movie is the "Prime Thor" because he used a tornado attack which he never again used in another movie.

Also FK perfectly pointed it out: "Thor used some form of lightning about 5 or 6 times in Endgame he just didnt use it to the standards of headcanon Thor."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone said:

No Caption Provided

Why did Thor not use lightning against Thanos even once when Cap did so much with what should be weaker lightning

Cause as you posted, thor already used lightning (which according to you would be more powerful than anything he has in EG) and it didnt do shit

and if cap has thors powers, why would his lightning be any weaker?

and if you can make the distinction that non offensive lightning can be easier to charge, why cant you accept that charging more powerful lightning would take longer?

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: He used it both to charge his weapons at the start of a fight and then to amp Iron Man's repulsors. Why this doesn't count?

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone:

I have a question for you my friends. If EG Thor is in fact Prime Thor, why is it that he did not even once use lightning against Thanos

If his lightning is at it's best, there's no good reason not to, especially considering Cap's lightning caused Thanos plenty of pain

In IW, Thor's own lightning was ineffective against Thanos, who was back on his feet using the Infinity Gauntlet a moment later. Stormbreaker, on the other hand, one-shotted him. It's quite clear that attempting a one-shot is smarter than attempting something that your opponent won't be fazed by.

Why is it that Thor chose to charge Stark's armor instead of hitting Thanos with lightning?

Because Tony told him to? Tony must have known that his armor charged with Thor's lightning would hit harder than their attacks separately.

And that's just the beginning of the lightning questions if EG Thor is Prime Thor

Look at the lightning and how difficult it was for Thor to charge that with two weapons

We don't see how difficult it was for IW Thor to summon the lightning, and even it was easier, it's possible that his EG blast was simply more powerful.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bladeoffury:

In IW, Thor's own lightning was ineffective against Thanos, who was back on his feet using the Infinity Gauntlet a moment later.

Yes, but considering the lightning was likely more for a diversion it probably wasn't his most powerful lightning

Stormbreaker, on the other hand, one-shotted him.

Yep, which is why Thor should have stunned Thanos with lightning, then go for a one shot

It's quite clear that attempting a one-shot is smarter than attempting something that your opponent won't be fazed by.

Yet Cap's lightning stunned Thanos

No Caption Provided

Why wouldn't Thor summon a lightning strike here like he did against Hela? It would stun Thanos, then Thor kills him

Because Tony told him to? Tony must have known that his armor charged with Thor's lightning would hit harder than their attacks separately.

This is cool, but why would Thor never once use lightning against Thanos?

We don't see how difficult it was for IW Thor to summon the lightning, and even it was easier, it's possible that his EG blast was simply more powerful.

Maybe, but again, there is no reason for Thor not to summon lightning strikes against Thanos, especially when Cap's lightning strikes were so clearly useful

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bladeoffury:

No Caption Provided

Then take a look at this feat. Thor was simply trying to get Thanos away from the gauntlet so he could use it, so why didn't he just blast him with lightning?

No Caption Provided

It would have sent Thanos flying dozens of feet, then Thor could snap

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nn5: Why would Thor not use his lightning against Thanos when Cap's lightning proved lightning can stun Thanos?

Thor could have stunned him, then gone for the kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WhatIsWritten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone said:

No Caption Provided

Everyone else here is arguing some other BS, the real reason why he didn't use his lightning against thanos was because he isnt written to fight as well as cap does.

Also congrats. You are now more skilled than CW Ra's

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whatiswritten: Nah, he's doing an 8v1 but it includes fodder like ANSJW and KoL.

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: So you're suggesting that the lightning Thor used against Thanos in IW was less powerful? In that case, wouldn't that explain the lack of difficulty he had in summoning it as opposed to EG?

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Lol the salt.

Thor oneshots Vision with a taser.

Thor vs Wanda goes exactly like this

So Thor vs Thanos ends with Thanos getting his ass kicked?

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By xzone

@xzone: So you're suggesting that the lightning Thor used against Thanos in IW was less powerful? In that case, wouldn't that explain the lack of difficulty he had in summoning it as opposed to EG?

No. You said that Thor's lightning in IW was ineffective, so why would he use it in EG right?

I was saying that that particular blast in IW was not Thor's most powerful lightning, but it certainly seems more powerful or at least as powerful as the lightning that charged Stark's suit

Again, there's one basic thing I'm trying to get across here

Cap's lightning was clearly effective enough to stun Thanos, so why would Thor not simply add a Ragnarok style lightning blast

No Caption Provided

Like this, then try and swing at Thanos? That's what Cap did, and he nearly succeeded after one attempt

And Thor's lightning if it's on par with Ragnarok should be more powerful than Cap's lightning, someone who's literally just using lightning for the first time