MCU vs DCEU vs FOX tourney: Anthp2000 (FOX) vs Webinyoureye (DCEU)

• 97 results
APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By APEX_pretador

Team FOX represented by Anthp2000 (despite having MCU characters in his team)

Credit: Subline
Credit: Subline

• SHIELD Agents (Fury, Hill, Nat, Clint) (3)
  • Sif (2)
  • Okoye (1)

perks,

• 15 minutes prep on the battlefield (1)
  • 1 week prep anywhere (9)

Faces off against team DCEU represented by webinyoureye11

You can't save the world alone, but I can
You can't save the world alone, but I can

• DCEU Superman - 5 points

Perks:

• Morals off (Superman) - 5 points
  • Mental immunity (Superman) - 2 points
  • Batman's fighting skills (Nolan/DCEU) - Superman - 1 point
  • Spidey Sense - Superman (2 point)

Rules:

• This is a CaV between Anthp2000 and Webinyoureye11. So the debate remains between them. Please do not interfere between them.
  • You can ask to be tagged for votes though, and you can vote after the debate is over. Remember, you should vote for the debater who convinced that their team will win based on the evidence provided in the debate. Don't simply vote for who you think should win.
  • If a vote looks biased, we might not count it.

Battle rules:

• The fight takes place in a large field of grass. Fighters start 40 meters (127 feet) apart near the middle of the field. They start on the ground. About a km away from there is a river surrounding the field from all sides, ie circular. It is 5 m wide, 5 m deep.
  • Win by any means except BFR
  • No living person is anywhere near the battlefield and the characters are aware of it.
APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Chronicplane

Rip Anthp, tag after every post anyways.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I won’t vote but TAEP I’m dying to see how this could be an argument.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anthp this is your chance to do it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc88dc0cd01c
deactivated-5cc88dc0cd01c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's see how Anthp wanks his way out of this one - TAEP, pretty please

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow web got real unlucky.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whoa.

Limitless82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Limitless82

This should be fun.... T4V please ?

Avatar image for darkdementor101
DarkDementor101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V . . . . This is going to be . . . . 'interesting' to say the least!

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 anthp2000  Moderator

This is actually on the 50% of the tournament participants I'm most confortable with.

DarkDementor101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: He's not rude, nor is he stubborn when presented with a good argument! Hard to find people like that on the vine!

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 anthp2000  Moderator
DarkDementor101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 anthp2000  Moderator
anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 anthp2000  Moderator
Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rip Anthp, tag after every post anyways. for votes.

DarkDementor101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TAEP!

Avatar image for crushyourenemies
CRUSHYOURENEMIES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this will be hilarious

DarkDementor101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JSDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well then. SHIELD + guests with prep against an amped, morals off DCEU Superman? This has my attention. Can't wait to see how this gets argued by both sides.

TAEP

TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheSpartanB345T

Taep

Avatar image for crushyourenemies
CRUSHYOURENEMIES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is actually on the 50% of the tournament participants I'm most confortable with.

Who on earth was in the tournament that you could possibly be less comfortable with?

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: did you not see chronic's post?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 anthp2000  Moderator
Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

Here we go... I wanted to take a more unique approach to this tourney. This should be fun!

The Team

1. Nick Fury and Maria Hill

"Call control... Code Red."

Ex Director and Deputy Director of the fallen S.H.I.E.L.D. respectively, Fury and Hill remain incredibly powerful forces to date, having access to a wide array of resources, connections and handles they can use for this battle. In addition to that, their individual sets of skills as S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents, Fury's talents as a tactical genius and Hill's expertise in communications will prove more than vital here.

2. Black Widow and Hawkeye

"Just like Budapest all over again!"

Romanoff and Barton are 2 of the founding Avengers, as well as ex S.H.I.E.L.D. Operatives. Their lethal skills have earned them their codenames respectively, and their training in espionage, combat and assassination has decorated them with a very advanced and versatile set of skills. Their primary focus will be on the field, working under the directions of Fury and Hill as usual. In addition to this, Natasha's expertise in hacking will be another vital part of the gameplan.

3. Lady Sif

"Asgard is millennia beyond you in our pursuit of science and knowledge."

Sif is the Asgardian Goddess of War, and one of the fiercest warriors in the Nine Realms. Her skills in combat are said to be nearly unmatched in Asgard, and her knowledge and experience earned by studying and, after her banishment by Loki during his time posing as Odin, traveling the Nine Realms will prove valuable here. Intergalactic resources are nothing to scoff at, and neither is the Bifrost Bridge as an accessible means of transportation.

4. Okoye

"Guns... so primitive."

Okoye is the General of the Dora Milaje, the Special Forces of Wakanda, and the Head of the country's Armed Forces and Intel. Her high ranking position as the right hand of the Black Panther grants her access to noteworthy resources and weaponry from the most technologically advanced Nation on earth, along with the experience of their finest warrior, for the team to utilise.

1 Week Universal Preparation

Some things to note here before I break down what the Team will do with their prep time; first off, the universe during this time is a combined world of the MCU, the DCEU and the FOX universes, meaning we have no knowledge on the locations besides the MCU, but still have access to them and their existence and knowledge, at any time. We also have no knowledge on the opposition at all, we simply know one being from this entire world will go up against us on the battlefield at the end of this week. And while this does not mean we're going in blind, it does mean that we're going to have to cover everything. What I mean by that is that the Team will have to do a general preparation for the threats they might encounter, and I'm going to take this into objective consideration when it comes to the approximate time each part of the preparation will take. However, I won't focus on the irrelevant parts here, so even though it might take, for instance, 24 hours to gather intel on the possible opposition and prep for them, I'll only focus on the 4 hours relevant for this battle - against Superman. Now, as the starting location of my choice on the map, I'll place everyone on the team in the classified facility of the remnants of S.H.I.E.L.D. where the "Theta Protocol", something I'll elaborate on below, advanced and was brought about.

Day 1: Initial Strategy and Orders

The moment the team is teleported on the facility, they start planning. One good thing about them is that they have directly or indirectly worked together in the past. Lady Sif has assisted Fury's S.H.I.E.L.D., Phil Coulson in particular, in the past, Clint and Natasha have been working there for decades and Okoye has fought alongside the Avengers in Wakanda. Basically, they won't be strangers, at least not totally. Literally everyone here has a military or operations background, so character traits won't be a problem either. Basically, Fury will give the orders, a means of direct communication and everyone will do their job.

Now, basic war tactics: know your opponent. There's no special perk giving them that here, but fortunately, gathering knowledge is exactly what S.H.I.E.L.D. (and Okoye I guess) were always supposed to do, and they're pretty damn good at it. Gathering this knowledge will be the role of Hill and Natasha. The process of this would take around 4-6 days to complete if they are to gather information on every possible threat around the globe.

Meanwhile, Fury will activate the Theta Protocol; this is the the Protocol that was put forward to restore the original Helicarrier "No.64" for Fury to order the use of in case of international emergencies - such as evacuating the civilians of Sokovia while the Avengers were fighting Ultron. Basically, for this battle, Fury will prep the Helicarrier with probably around a dozen of Quinjets to fight for him.

Marvel Studios Visual Dictionary (2018)
Marvel Studios Visual Dictionary (2018)

I'd also like to note that no more than one team member is needed to remotely pilot and control every single one of these vehicles - placing their own devices on each of the Quinjets (and the Helicarrier), Hill can control the entire fleet alone, as shown when she single handedly took remote control of the 3 Helicarriers of Project Insight and made them fire at each other to destroy them. This Helicarrier is one part I won't focus on for this battle, because while it's one of the things they would certainly go for a Hunger Games situation like this, it wouldn't really be too useful against Superman. I am obliged to cover it though.

Sif will summon the Bifrost and travel back to Asgard or another planet in the Nine Realms to bring in weapons - anything small she can gather besides the enchanted double edged sword of hers; daggers, spears made of alien metals (like, presumably, uru or dragon-related material) technology capable of fazing even the most dangerous beings, such as the Obedience Disks and electricity-related weapons shown on Sakaar.

Okoye will travel back to Wakanda to assemble what she'll bring in. Unfortunetely, Okoye cannot bring in the Dora Milaje with her, as no human army is allowed in battle, but she can still bring in a fleet of incredibly advanced Dragon Flyers, Wakandan airships made of vibranium - also fully armed and capable of decimating vibranium in return - as well as vibranium weapons for her teammates to utilise; daggers, spears and the most important part, vibranium bullets, high caliber bullets that can be used on firearms and can penetrate practically anything. We saw a glimpse of their potential when two mercenaries stole vibranium arms from Wakanda and T'Challa along with Okoye went on a mission to apprehend them:

Black Panther Prelude #2 (2017)

They went through T'Challa's vibranium weave suit like nothing, when high caliber gunfire and even close ranged vibranium blades couldn't even bother him. I'd also like to note that, like the S.H.I.E.L.D. ships, the Dragon Flyers can and will be remotely controlled by my team members. Lastly, Clint will travel back to New York, in the New Avengers Facility, where he will collect all the trick heads for his arrows that might prove useful for this mission, including Taser Arrows and Smokescreen Arrows, as well as Black Widow's weapons.

So, everyone has their roles, moving on to the analysis of each part below, particularly the intel gathering, the most important part of my strategy.

Day 1 - 6: Intelligence Gathering, Weaponry Preparation, Targeting Kryptonite

While Okoye, Sif and Clint are gone and Fury is prepping the Helicarrier and the Quinjets for battle, Hill and Natasha will have to gather intel that covers knowledge on potential threats from virtually the entire world. Firstly, with their combined experience, the team already knows mostly every top level threat they might encounter from their own world - the MCU - including other Avengers (Thor, Scarlet Witch, Vision, the Hulk), Captain Marvel, Stark, Thanos and the Black Order (mostly), other metahumans like the Abomination or beasts from all across the Nine Realms. What matters here, is collecting sufficient knowledge on the locations that "suddenly popped up" in the FOX and the DCEU worlds. And you might initially say, damn that's some huge amount of info to start from zero. Yes it is, but fortunately, all they need to know about is the potential top threats - namely superhumans and enhanced beings - they could go up against at the end of that week - again, basic logical and military tactics, you go by the worst case scenario. Fortunately for them, this is the 21st century, and the vast majority of these dangerous entities exist in digital files all around the globe. The intel can therefore be gathered by gaining access to: the Government files of the FOX and the DCEU worlds, mostly the US ones as well as the CIA ones and the A.R.G.U.S. files of the DCEU. Just about everything they're going to need is in there, and if they need some kind of rough profile to start from, the internet will still be full of reports regarding mutants, superheroes and supervillains if they have visited planet earth. I did make a list of all the globally known mutants of the FOX universe and the beings of the DCEU world that would register on the team's radar as threats; this includes about a dozen X Gene gifted metahumans, Kryptonians (including Superman, the well known to the world Man of Steel and Zod or Doomsday, who became known after the Kryptonian Invasion and Luthor's gambit respectively), the Amazonian Demigoddess Wonder Woman (who as we see in the end of Justice League, has familiarised herself and her identity with the public) and Shazam (I guess, I haven't watched it but he's a public hero too lol).

The initial task is actually gaining access to these files. The ARGUS files in particular will probably not be easy to deycript, or at least that will be the case remotely. This is where Natasha's expertise as the greatest spy in the world comes to use, as her hacking abilities are quite top notch;

• Natasha hacks into the system set up by Ivan Vanko in the Hammer Industries facility, and in the span of 30 seconds she gains access to the War Machine armor, overthrows Vanko's influence over it and reboots the suit so Rhodey can pilot it at will again. Keep in mind just how capable a genius like Vanko was, it took him seconds to hack into the Hammer Industries software - a world class software highily encrypted - and later control over a dozen of Hammer Drones in seconds and remotely make them target Stark all across New York. All this after he managed to make a decent duplicate of Tony's Arc Reactor with barely any resources. Basically, Natasha "outhacked" someone with genius level intellect and took control over one of Iron Man's armors. (Iron Man 2)
  • Natasha attempts to decrypt the USB flashdrive she acquired from the Lemurian Star, and while she does not manage to get past the firewalls and the Al set up by Arnim Zola during the 9 minutes they had, which isn't that bad considering Zola is one of, if not the smartest person in history, she does manage to apply one of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s tracing programs to learn the location of where the Al was been applied from. (Captain America: The Winter Soldier)
  • Natasha hacks into the main computer system of the Triskelion, she gains access to virtually every single secret file of the organisation and releases them to the public. This is probably the most related showing to this task here too, given S.H.I.E.L.D. is a far more advanced agency than any other, more than likely including A.R.G.U.S., and she has proven she can access all their files relatively quickly. Actually leaking the files did require the Omega level access from Pierce and Fury, but that is beyond the main point that she decrypted the firewalls, disabled every security protocol and infiltrated S.H.I.E.L.D.'s main system in less than an hour. (Captain America: The Winter Soldier)

From there on, it's up to her, Hill and, once Fury and Barton are done them too, to look into the files of every enhanced and extraterrestrial being they can get find info on and build a sufficient profile for the higher level threats, which shouldn't take too much time for the most of them, as usual:

• To add to what I mentioned above about Natasha hacking into S.H.I.E.L.D. and releasing its secrets, she also showed she can quickly isolate large number of intel on particular individuals and gather some of her own, like she did with Bucky Barnes, the Winter Soldier, less than a day afterwards. Her words earlier in the film about how he is a living "ghost that most agencies don't believe he exists" clearly demonstrate the difficulty one would have with picking out the right info on him. (Captain America: The Winter Soldier)
  • In the time it took for the Avengers to leave Strucker's Hydra Base and return to New York (which was pretty fast given Clint required emergency aid, definitely less than an hour), Hill made a full profile for both Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, including their real names, their backgrounds and a detailed assessment their metahuman powers, starting from scratch (Avengers: Age of Ultron)

Regarding Superman, intel on him and his critical weakness - keep in mind that out of every mutant and being in this world, Clark and the other Kryptonians are the only ones with such a glaring weakness in a particular substance, and it takes nothing more than a brief review of their abilities to realise that they're amongst the most dangerous of opponents the team can go up against. Now, you might ask how we could be so sure the weakness of Kryptonite would exist somewhere in these files. The first time this info became known to anyone was when Lex Luthor experimented on Zod's corpse and then interacted with both the US Government through Senators Finch and Barrows, requiring Finch to grant him the import licence of the Kryptonite he had found, and Amanda Waller, Director of A.R.G.U.S. (which we know as he directly referenced her, her agency and Task Force X):

"I’m ready to sit down with whatever task force the government has assembled — in the interest of sharing intelligence and building solutions together. If she… they… Argus… the government, whatever you want to call it, has a real interest in fighting for the future, they ought to work with those of us who are already on the front lines."

Lex Luthor, "Lexical Analysis" (2015)
Loading Video...

This information on Kryptonite's effects on the Kryptonians undoubtely exists within some Government files, and it's more than logical to assume it exists in the files of Superman in A.R.G.U.S. - since their job is to track down, control and gather intel on every superhuman being from Killer Crock to Doomsday. Either way, it is somewhere, and the team can access it. Like I said, Clark remains one of the worst case scenarios for them to go up against, he's one of the dozen of beings they're going to focus on, as well as the only being with such a glaring critical weakness they can encounter.

Once they learn about the Kryptonite, Hill will access every satellite in space to track down the remnants of the material (and yes they do have that pull at any moment):

"Still no word from Stark?"

"No, not yet. We're watching every satellite on both hemispheres but still nothing."

Nick Fury and Maria Hill, "Avengers: Infinity War" (2018)

And between their airships, Sif and Barton/Romanoff, getting their hands on the located substance will be easy. As far as Superman is concerned, it's of no question to me that in less than 12 hours, they can have a full profile of his known powers, a sample of footage of him in action as well as a decent amount of Kryptonite.

Day 6: Designing Specialised Weapons

Once they've located the Kryptonite and have gathered weapons from Asgard, the New Avengers Facility and Wakanda, further advancing them with Kryptonite will be one of the logical M.O.s to prepare for everything. Of course they can combine the weapons with the substance and create kryptonite blades etc. but one of the key components here will be Hawkeye's Trick Heads. They can turn some of the Kryptonite to dust or liquid and replace the smoke grenade heads on his arrows with it; quite the simple tactic to later spray the battlefield with Kryptonite and nerf Clark in a smilar manner to what Batman did before he faced him and weakened him extremely efficiently. The same concept can be applied to Natasha's weapons, particularly the specialised Smoke Grenades given to her by S.H.I.E.L.D..

Day 7: Closing Plans and Organised Offence

The last day can be used to review the possible threats, prep the ships, form a final, accurate gameplan for the battlefield and pep talk, I guess. Plus if you think any of the stuff I argued will occur during the preparation time would take more than I mentioned, it's quite flexible - they can be finished off on Day 7, or even start by Day 1.

15 Minutes Preparation on the Battlefield

Positioning the Players (Approximately 10 Minutes)

This is placing the Helicarrier, the airships and the team members respectively into positions. The raw size of the ships will cover a huge radius on the battlefied, make sure their opponents is surrounded the moment he enters - which given Superman's human sized physique, it won't be difficult. Clint, Natasha and Sif are the field players - they won't be inside the vehicles for the entire fight. Natasha and Clint will be on opposite ends of the formation acting as extremely long snipers [1], [2], with their rounds made of vibranium to penetrate mostly anything. Sif will stay in position to attack the opponent from above and kill them with a fatal blow on a weak spot, same strategy she used against the Destroyer of Odin - a being completely invulnerable to almost any known weapon.

Thor (2011)
Thor (2011)

Okoye will be controlling the Dragon Flyers and Hill / Fury will oversee the entire fleet from aboard the Helicarrier. Worth noting that all the ships here have cloaking tech, meaning they're invisible to the blind eye - this will be useless given Superman has X-Ray vision, but hey, they're gonna do it.

Setting Up Traps (Approximately 5 Minutes)

Clint will fill the battlefield with both Explosive and Taser Arrows, so the opponent will have no choice but to be subdued by the electricity given its range and the amount of arrows he can use. At the same time, the explosives can be used as distractions to mess up with the opponent and distract them - or blow them up too I guess, granted Superman can tank those, so that won't be their purpose here.

No Caption Provided
Captain America: Civil War (2016)
Captain America: Civil War (2016)

This is the exact same strategy he used against the Vision - distract him with explosives and lure him into a trap. The end result should look something like this - there might be more traps they would think of setting up and stuff, but this is the things that matters against Superman here.

Lastly, the most important part - spraying the battlefield with Kryptonite dust/smoke, same way Batman managed to weaken Superman. This will happen mere seconds before the battle occurs so that the substance will still be fresh - you might ask: why would they do this before they even confirm who they're fighting? Well, given they know how dangerous Kryptonians are and how they are speedsters just like Pietro Maximoff, only they have the whole package from strength to heat projection, they won't afford any mistakes. And tbh, if there's a chance in hell they will take this risk (which let's face it, it'd be dumb and not fitting the tactical and intellectual level of the people here), the rest of the traps should still incapacitate Superman the moment he enters giving them time to use the Kryptonite then. Again, I don't think it'll be needed either though, and regardless of how much you think the Kryptonite will affect him specifically, it will certainly affect him enough for the Team's plan of attack to work at the very least partially, which is all they need to take him out.

The Battle

Basically, the moment Superman gets teleported on the field, he will be under a solid effect of Kryptonite, weakening him, slowing him down. Clint's arrows could incapacitate him for a decent while - how much is up for debate - given they immobilised Vision, someone who is at the very least decently comparable to Clark in terms of durability - and I'll elaborate on that if necessary - completely for about 20 seconds straight. From there on, he will have a fleet of over a good dozen powerful ships ready to knock him out through sheer firepower, 2 expert snipers with bullets that will penetrate his skin and Sif ready to kebab him to the ground. Clark's not surviving this one, period.

@webinyoureye11 there ya go!

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh damn. That was actually really good. In fact, T4V, I'm really interested now.

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice post. T4V please

JSDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was an excellent post. Really well thought out. Can't wait to see how WIYE responds.

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Nice post.

TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And here I thought that this was going to be easy for web.

Nice post.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow

DarkDementor101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good post man!

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 anthp2000  Moderator
Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 anthp2000  Moderator

@lan_fan: Thanks, it's a general bug then. I'll re-link.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Every link that has JPG or GIF in it cannot be opened.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 anthp2000  Moderator

@lan_fan: They seem to be working for me now. Would you be kind enough to check once more?

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers