• 125 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a
deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Shield maybe? I don’t remember much of Shadowspire.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Agents. I think the Shadowspire mercs were good, but they mainly stormed an ARGUS base with superior numbers and surprise, plus initiating a hostage situation.

The Level 5's were a part of Hand's tactical team (she led Strike units on high-risk operations), stationed to protect the Hub (SHIELD's most advanced base of operations) against HYDRA. On principle, I'd say they're better.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By The_Justiciar

@rbt: IDK how much credibility I'd give Lyla's feat against a Ghost. In the same episode where that happened, civilians were restraining/bodying Ghosts as well IIRC. It was a massive set piece where the threat level of the Ghosts had to be diminished to serve the story & create a dramatic finale. And they were implied to be good fodder that Thea/Laurel/Diggle needed help dealing with on a large scale, whereas Lyla has never been much of a fighter.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: IDK how much credibility I'd give Lyla's feat against a Ghost. In the same episode where that happened, civilians were restraining Ghosts as well IIRC.

Because Ghosts were outnumbered like 10 to 1. The only stupid thing Ghosts did was not shooting their guns.

And they were implied to be good fodder that Thea/Laurel/Diggle needed help dealing with on a large scale, whereas Lyla has never been much of a fighter.

Lyla is a high ranking filed agent in ARGUS. She outright said that S2 Diggle was underqualified to be out with her on the field, despite knowing how good he was as a soldier(she was stationed with him) and the fact that Oliver probably trained him.

Lyla's credentials are not a problem. Her taking down Ghosts is consistent with her implied ability. Her losing to a Shadowspire is as well considering they were consistently taking down Argus agents.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@rbt said:
@godzilla44 said:

Level 5 agents only because I don't remember a thing about shaowspire mercenary

In h2h, one fodder Shadowspire was beating Lyla(who can take down Ghosts with not much problem).

Well thanks for the reminder, I'll back Shadowspire then.

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shield Agent.

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By ArkhamAsylum3

@rbt:

Because Ghosts were outnumbered like 10 to 1. The only stupid thing Ghosts did was not shooting their guns.

Yet you can visibly see 1 vs 1 engagements in the background where the Ghosts were losing and the civilians were contending.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: I don't agree that they were always outnumbered 10-1 in individual instances. I saw Ghosts being bullied or pressured by 1-2 guys at a time in the background.

As far as Lyla's credentials go, that's fair. Didn't recall that. I still find it weird though. 1-2 Ghosts were legitimately giving Thea trouble in early S4, and all indications point to Thea stomping Lyla as early as first half of S3.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt:

Yet you can visibly see 1 vs 1 engagements in the background where the Ghosts were losing and the civilians were contending.

There were over 200 people fighting in that particular stunt. I'm sure you can probably find an instance of a Ghost losing to a random person. But that's just plain nitpicking. Do you really think Ghosts were intended to be worse than a random civilian?

@rbt: I don't agree that they were always outnumbered 10-1 in individual instances. I saw Ghosts being bullied or pressured by 1-2 guys at a time in the background.

As far as Lyla's credentials go, that's fair. Didn't recall that. I still find it weird though. 1-2 Ghosts were legitimately giving Thea trouble in early S4, and all indications point to Thea stomping Lyla as early as first half of S3.

I'm giving you a number at the beginning of the fight. No one is saying that each and every Ghost was taking on 10 civilians. But being outnumbered is the main reason they lost. I don't think you would seriously imply that Ghosts were worse than random civilians. They weren't. Shadowspire>Argus(Lyla)>Ghost. It's a pretty plausible scaling.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: I don't think a civilian > a Ghost, but that's my entire point. The whole scene is just too weird for me to take seriously with regard to Lyla.

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: I don't think a civilian > a Ghost, but that's my entire point. The whole scene is just too weird for me to take seriously with regard to Lyla.

This tbh.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This just sounds like an excuse to try and rule out a feat, ngl.

This isn't happening in the background or anything. Why focus on it otherwise?

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: Stop wanking.

Don't be buildhare

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0b495e7009f
deactivated-5d0b495e7009f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shadowspire

Avatar image for deactivated-5cae4704c27f5
deactivated-5cae4704c27f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SHIELD Agents.

mexcomics2078

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shield agent

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By feats? Shadowspire... One of them was fighting Andy H2H for a while IIRC.

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Winner - Shield agent 6-5

Argument of the round:

@the_magister

Agents. I think the Shadowspire mercs were good, but they mainly stormed an ARGUS base with superior numbers and surprise, plus initiating a hostage situation.

The Level 5's were a part of Hand's tactical team (she led Strike units on high-risk operations), stationed to protect the Hub (SHIELD's most advanced base of operations) against HYDRA. On principle, I'd say they're better.

Callouts:

Round 4: Hand Ninja vs League of Assassins

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let me know if you have replied earlier, but weren't tagged. My callouts are messing up...

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure. I'd say the Hand have the better baseline feat to judge them off of, but the League have better high end showings. On-paper, not much in it; both are skilled ninja from shadowy organizations with global influence.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Not sure. I'd say the Hand have the better baseline feat to judge them off of, but the League have better high end showings. On-paper, not much in it; both are skilled ninja from shadowy organizations with global influence.

I agree with this

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Hand.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LoA. Fodderizing Lyla, beating army men is better than fodderizing security guards.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#75  Edited By AllStarSuperman

LoA

mexcomics2078

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LoA

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By ArkhamAsylum3

LoA.

JSDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LoA. Consistent feats (against Lyla & soldiers) are better than the Hand's against a security guard. Their statements (making special forces look like kindergarten are also superior). And their inconsistent high-ends are superior too.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0b495e7009f
deactivated-5d0b495e7009f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JSDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By JSDoctor

@the_magister:

You're right. Their skill doesn't even compare to fodder in AoS. Here a single fodder is good enough to gain the upper hand on Grant Ward so they're obviously top-tier.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jsdoctor: You're wrong, the MCU films fodder beats both. As we know from ComicVine, MCU Cap is a god of skill. Look at one goon overpower him:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a
deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jsdoctor: You're wrong, the MCU films fodder beats both. As we know from ComicVine, MCU Cap is a god of skill. Look at one goon overpower him:

No Caption Provided

Perfect photo.

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

If we use High Ends the League of Assassins Ninja should stomp, they have arrow timed and even held their own against established fighters like White Canary & Green Arrow. Establishing their skill and speed to be far above that of a Hand Ninja's.

However their is the issue of of consistency, the League of Assassins repeatedly get hit with Arrows and disposed of in Heaps by the same fighters like Green Arrow, and even inferior fighters such as Speedy.

The Hand Ninja is capable of disposing of 2 Cops in a Second, beating a Merc off panel, and tagging fighters such as Iron Fist or Jessica Jones (Who isn't necessarily too Skilled), and disposing of regular civilians by high end feats.

The League of Assassins additionally have Teachers much superior in Skill to those of the Hand such as Ra's al Ghul, Al Owal & Maseo Yamashiro as opposed to Murakami, Bakuto & Nobu for example. This could be a major factor.

Ultimately, I'm going to give this to the League of Assassins Ninja as they can be extremely impressive at times and also have more Elite Trainers of Combat.

JSDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By JSDoctor

@the_magister:

god of skill

overpower

See the issue? Cap of course isn't a skill-less brute, he only ever uses his skill to defeat his opponents and never his stats. Therefore overpowering him physically is unimpressive. Only beating him through skill would be impressive.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c917f846ef0b
deactivated-5c917f846ef0b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

League of Assassin Troop

Amnesiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LoA

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By The_Justiciar

@jsdoctor said:

@the_magister:

god of skill

overpower

See the issue? Cap of course isn't a skill-less brute, he only ever uses his skill to defeat his opponents and never his stats. Therefore overpowering him physically is unimpressive. Only beating him through skill would be impressive.

Damn...

That's a GG

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag and hand

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Winner - League of Assassins 10-4

Argument of the round:

@subline

If we use High Ends the League of Assassins Ninja should stomp, they have arrow timed and even held their own against established fighters like White Canary & Green Arrow. Establishing their skill and speed to be far above that of a Hand Ninja's.

However their is the issue of of consistency, the League of Assassins repeatedly get hit with Arrows and disposed of in Heaps by the same fighters like Green Arrow, and even inferior fighters such as Speedy.

The Hand Ninja is capable of disposing of 2 Cops in a Second, beating a Merc off panel, and tagging fighters such as Iron Fist or Jessica Jones (Who isn't necessarily too Skilled), and disposing of regular civilians by high end feats.

The League of Assassins additionally have Teachers much superior in Skill to those of the Hand such as Ra's al Ghul, Al Owal & Maseo Yamashiro as opposed to Murakami, Bakuto & Nobu for example. This could be a major factor.

Ultimately, I'm going to give this to the League of Assassins Ninja as they can be extremely impressive at times and also have more Elite Trainers of Combat.

Calouts:

Round 4: Brock Rumlow vs Garfield Lynns

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eumlow. Better gear, better h2h.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By RBT

Also,

MCU vs CW FodderTournament

Round 4: Brock Rumlow

such disrespect.

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JSDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just rewatched the final scene where Oliver confronts Lynns, and they didn't actually fight - so unless he did something earlier that episode that I don't remember, Rumlow should wreck.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jsdoctor said:

Just rewatched the final scene where Oliver confronts Lynns, and they didn't actually fight - so unless he did something earlier that episode that I don't remember, Rumlow should wreck.

Oliver also wasn't 100% mentally. He was still recovering from his fight from his fight with Merlyn.

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jsdoctor said:

They had a brief encounter in the one burning building.

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Brock Rumlow? Fodder???

OT: Rumlow obviously wins, was Skilled enough to tag Cap multiple times despite Cap disposing of the other Agents with ease, he also out-reacted numerous Shield Agents.

All Firefly really managed to do was contend with a Injured Oliver who couldn't even shoot an Arrow Straight. Which is hardly impressive.

Rumlow takes it due to being the more skilled CQC Fighter, and also having better Gear which will play a major factor.

Amnesiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

Also,

MCU vs CW FodderTournament

Round 4: Brock Rumlow

such disrespect.

My man Rumlow