• 125 results
#1 Posted by TheSuperor (6393 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

This is a new sort of thread (not really) that I've figured that I should try out. Similar threads have been done before, but not exactly like this. This may end up being a failure or it may end up being locked, but I'll give it a go. This is the same concept as the "vote for your favorite character" threads, but instead you vote for the fodder character that you think would win in a fight. I don't want people to debate or call each others arguments out, this is not thread for that, this is a thread where you simply vote for the character and feel free to leave a short reason for why you think that character will win. I will then pin the argument I found most compelling for the character that gets the most votes.

There will be 3 separate rounds in this tournament to make it fair. The first round will be for the street level characters, such as John Healey from Daredevil, the next will be mid-tier, such as mirakuru soldiers from Arrow, and the final round for high tier, such as Kryptonians from Supergirl. All characters will be in standard gear and fighting to the best of their ability.

I hope I have made myself clear.

#2 Posted by TheSuperor (6393 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: John Healey vs Guillermo Barrera

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#3 Posted by maestromage (1255 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll vote for Barrera simply because he arrow timed IIRC, which is more impressive than anything Healey did (I think).

Avatar image for supremegeneration
#4 Posted by SupremeGeneration (11456 posts) - - Show Bio

Barrera. Fighting the Hood > fighting early DD.

#5 Posted by The_Magister (13547 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by SuperVision123 (381 posts) - - Show Bio

While it's true that the Hood > S1 Daredevil, Healy lasted 9 times longer than Guillermo did. If Healy gets close, he would take the win, but there is a good chance that Barrera will land some knife throws before that happens.

#7 Posted by JSDoctor (1499 posts) - - Show Bio

Barrera was pretty good with the knives, and an arrow-timer. He should win.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
#8 Posted by AllStarSuperman (43020 posts) - - Show Bio

Barrera no question

Avatar image for davidharewood14
#9 Posted by DavidHarewood14 (785 posts) - - Show Bio

Cannot vote because i don't remeber Halley well same as Guillermo

#10 Edited by RBT (27233 posts) - - Show Bio

Cannot vote because i don't remeber Halley well same as Guillermo

#11 Posted by webinyoureye11 (5533 posts) - - Show Bio

Healy via having a feat that doesn’t revolve around scaling

#12 Posted by TheSuperor (6393 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump, could do with a couple more votes before closing off the first round.

#13 Posted by juiceboks (24751 posts) - - Show Bio

Healy

#14 Posted by Subline (7024 posts) - - Show Bio

Guillermo Barrera.

Tag for future rounds.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c917f846ef0b
#15 Posted by deactivated-5c917f846ef0b (1264 posts) - - Show Bio

Barrera

#16 Posted by mexcomics2078 (2416 posts) - - Show Bio

Barrera

#17 Posted by TheSuperor (6393 posts) - - Show Bio

Winner - Guillermo Barrera 8-2

Argument of the round:

@supervision123

While it's true that the Hood > S1 Daredevil, Healy lasted 9 times longer than Guillermo did. If Healy gets close, he would take the win, but there is a good chance that Barrera will land some knife throws before that happens.

Callouts:

Let me know if you don't want a callout

Round 2: Batroc the Leaper vs Constantine Drakon

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5c917f846ef0b
#18 Posted by deactivated-5c917f846ef0b (1264 posts) - - Show Bio

Batroc. I still find it dumb they wasted Drakon on ep1.

#19 Posted by The_Magister (13547 posts) - - Show Bio

Drakon.

Just because I think Batroc is overrated as ducks and Drakon isn't even talked about.

#20 Posted by TheSuperor (6393 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_magister: You lost a bet or something? Lmao. Something seems fishy.

#21 Edited by RBT (27233 posts) - - Show Bio

Drakon carried guns and knives. And managed to tag Oliver while he was mid-flip. He can take this as easy win from range or win in h2h.

#22 Posted by Subline (7024 posts) - - Show Bio

Batroc.

Drakon's only advantage is skill having fighting the Hood and tagging him more but Batroc has a huge durability advantage taking hits from a much stronger opponent making it extremely difficult for Drakon to put him down, and I don't think Batroc is so far behind in skill that he won't even be able to tag Drakon, although he won't land as much hits, when he lands hit hits they will be far more impactful than Drakon's.

#23 Posted by The_Magister (13547 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_magister: You lost a bet or something? Lmao. Something seems fishy.

LOL no. I just genuinely think the two CW guys you've listed thus far are more impressive than their MCU rivals.

#24 Edited by ArkhamAsylum3 (3445 posts) - - Show Bio

Batroc is severely overrated.

Drakon.

Also tag for future rounds.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
#25 Posted by AllStarSuperman (43020 posts) - - Show Bio

Drakon

#26 Posted by DanielDaRipper (5319 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn I missed the first one.

OT: Batroc

#27 Posted by maestromage (1255 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, Drakon should be more skilled, and he does have a weapons advantage as someone pointed out, so I'm going to give it to him.

#28 Posted by SuperVision123 (381 posts) - - Show Bio

Both Drakon and Batroc have pretty amazing pain tolerance, being able to take beatings from Oliver and Steve, respectively. The edge would definitely go to Batroc in this aspect, as Captain America is far more established in raw strength than Oliver, and Batroc was visually seen flying every time an attack connected. Still, he came back for more.

Batroc's skill also impresses me more than Drakon's does. While Drakon was routinely beat down over the length of the entire fight against Oliver, Batroc seemed to be in control for a while, pressuring Cap. It can be argued that he simply caught Cap by surprise, but

1. Cap had quite a lot of time to recover, and yet was still unable to throw a punch of his own until much later
  2. Drakon also caught Oliver off guard, but unlike Batroc, he failed to maintain this advantage. This is a direct comparison of how both fighters fared in similar situations
#29 Posted by JacenSolo77 (1279 posts) - - Show Bio

Batroc is severely overrated.

Drakon.

Also tag for future rounds.

#30 Posted by JSDoctor (1499 posts) - - Show Bio

Drakon. Batroc's durability was his strongest feature, but Drakon has knives to bypass that.

#31 Posted by the_wspanialy (3921 posts) - - Show Bio

Batroc

#32 Posted by godzilla44 (7194 posts) - - Show Bio

Drakon due too better gear.

#33 Edited by mexcomics2078 (2416 posts) - - Show Bio

Well this is tricky. Batroc hang with TWS Cap who would destroy S1 Oliver in H2H. But when cap got serious batroc got stomped.while Drakon was a challenge to S1 Arrow. Mmm im going with Drakon on this one. And the fight between cap and batroc was more like a skill contest.cap could 1 or 2 shotted batroc if he wanted to

Tag for future rounds please

#34 Posted by webinyoureye11 (5533 posts) - - Show Bio

In h2h I’ll back batroc due to stats. If drakon has weapons then he’d most likely take it

#35 Posted by Amnesiak (3620 posts) - - Show Bio

Going with Batroc

Tag me in please

#36 Posted by SuperVision123 (381 posts) - - Show Bio

cap could 1 or 2 shotted batroc if he wanted to

Why wouldn't he want to? Does this look like a guy who is severely pulling his punches in order to purposely prolong the fight?

No Caption Provided

Considering Batroc's status and the fact that he has a ship full of hostages, does that even make sense?

#37 Posted by mexcomics2078 (2416 posts) - - Show Bio

@supervision123: well. Maybe because of plot? I mean cap hold his own against BP , Spiderman , WS and Iron man which stats are leagues above batroc by feats and stats cap has a chance of one or two shooting him. The same thing goes to CW Oliver He beated Ras al ghul. But he struggled with thugs like Ricardo Diaz , Brick and Tobias Church which stars and skills are below Ras al ghul. Logically Oliver would beat their asses very easily but he doesn’t because of plot. The same thing applies to batroc

#38 Posted by SuperVision123 (381 posts) - - Show Bio

@mexcomics2078: Thing is, you are already operating under the assumption that Diaz, Brick, Tobias, and Batroc are unimpressive. If this assumption was well supported, it would indeed mean that Cap and Oliver struggling against them is PIS. However, since there is nothing to disprove Diaz, Brick, Tobias, and Batroc being that good, we cannot assume that.

Basically, since Batroc's only showing is his fight against Cap, there is nothing to suggest that that very fight wasn't supposed to go how it did.

#39 Posted by mexcomics2078 (2416 posts) - - Show Bio

@supervision123: true.but by logic Cap would stomped him easily I mean he one shotted Chitauris and ultron bots which durability were low superhuman level. Unless you assume ypthat batroc has higher stats than themi

#40 Posted by SuperVision123 (381 posts) - - Show Bio

@mexcomics2078:

Unless you assume that batroc has higher stats than them

I mean, we kinda have to. In a world where people open portals to other dimensions, where big green men fight giant zombie wolves on rainbow bridges, where half of all life is eliminated with a snap of a finger, is it really that shocking to see a trained human take punches from a stronger one?

#41 Posted by mexcomics2078 (2416 posts) - - Show Bio

@supervision123: i don’t know tbh. I mean MCU Peak humans are more grounded than CW/DCEU ones. For example I Can see CW Oliver tanking some cap punches but i can’t say the same about MCU Daredevil who would beat batroc.well at least that’s is the normal consensus here on CV. I’m only using my logic and scaling

#42 Posted by buildhare (8620 posts) - - Show Bio

Getting your ass kicked by Steve >>> Getting your ass kicked by Oliver.

Batroc's accolades are a lot better too.

#43 Posted by TrueMoonchilde (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

Batroc with moderate difficulty

#44 Edited by The_Kidd (11813 posts) - - Show Bio

Tag plz.

@asphaltairborne said:

Batroc. I still find it dumb they wasted Drakon on ep1.

Avatar image for davidharewood14
#45 Posted by DavidHarewood14 (785 posts) - - Show Bio

Getting your ass kicked by Steve >>> Getting your ass kicked by Oliver.

Batroc's accolades are a lot better too.

To me Cap was holding back i think but yeah. Batroc should win because i rewatched scenes with Guillermo. + that was S1 Oliver. Still baddass because he is much more skilled than S5 flashback Oliver but Batroc should win

#46 Posted by TheSuperor (6393 posts) - - Show Bio

Winner - Batroc the Leaper 9-7

Argument of the round:

@supervision123

Both Drakon and Batroc have pretty amazing pain tolerance, being able to take beatings from Oliver and Steve, respectively. The edge would definitely go to Batroc in this aspect, as Captain America is far more established in raw strength than Oliver, and Batroc was visually seen flying every time an attack connected. Still, he came back for more.

Batroc's skill also impresses me more than Drakon's does. While Drakon was routinely beat down over the length of the entire fight against Oliver, Batroc seemed to be in control for a while, pressuring Cap. It can be argued that he simply caught Cap by surprise, but

1. Cap had quite a lot of time to recover, and yet was still unable to throw a punch of his own until much later
  2. Drakon also caught Oliver off guard, but unlike Batroc, he failed to maintain this advantage. This is a direct comparison of how both fighters fared in similar situations

Callouts:

Round 3: Level 5 Shield Agent vs Shadowspire mercenary

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

#47 Posted by Subline (7024 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't remember enough about the Shadowspire mercenaries but based off their showings against Argus I'm voting for them.

#48 Posted by godzilla44 (7194 posts) - - Show Bio

Level 5 agents only because I don't remember a thing about shaowspire mercenary

#49 Posted by RBT (27233 posts) - - Show Bio

Level 5 agents only because I don't remember a thing about shaowspire mercenary

In h2h, one fodder Shadowspire was beating Lyla(who can take down Ghosts with not much problem).

#50 Posted by RBT (27233 posts) - - Show Bio

Shadowspire because of that ^^