• 121 results
Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
#51 Edited by xMangog__Beastx (4711 posts) - - Show Bio
#52 Edited by Nucleon (3173 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal said:

@nucleon: She would still kill him pretty easily. Wonder Woman can still lunge at his at extraordinary speeds, use her lasso of infinite length and crash her brackets together. Rodey also lacks attacks that would do more than cause her to smirk.

Nah - War Machine is armed with conventional ordnance, not stun-blasts, and WW is vulnerable to these piercing attacks. What you wrote about the lasso is weird, but both the lunge and Aegis are next to useless for lack of range.

There is also the question of WM's own strength and durability - he flew with a modern tank. That dwarves anything WW has done in this regard.

#53 Posted by Amonfire1776 (3005 posts) - - Show Bio

Team...either can solo

#54 Posted by death4bunnies (1135 posts) - - Show Bio

Flight plus range gives MCU 10/10.

#55 Edited by Mister_Surreal (10243 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon: Wonder Woman tanked blows from Doomsday and walked away from blood lusted hits from Superman, War Machine doesn’t have much to threaten her with. She also has her shield that she can use to no sell anything that Rodey throws at her.

What I said about he lunging is a legitimate attack considering how far and fast she can travel with one jump. And what I said about her lasso is true, it can grow and long as she desires and he used to grab Rodey. The tank feat doesn’t equal striking feats so that won’t help War Machine in any way against Wonder Woman.

Lastly, she can one shot him just by using a clash of her bracelets. Diana stomps Rodey very hard.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
#56 Posted by IndomitableRegal (15860 posts) - - Show Bio

Team should take it.

#57 Posted by Nucleon (3173 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal: Wonder Woman tanked blows from Doomsday and walked away from blood lusted hits from Superman, War Machine doesn’t have much to threaten her with. She also has her shield that she can use to no sell anything that Rodey throws at her.

That's still blunt and energy damage. War Machine's packing area-of-effect, piercing, physical kind of damage, like shrapnel anti-personal charges like the ones he threw in Infinity War. Split durabilities are a reality at DC's. This is Wonder Woman meeting the real world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-personnel_weapon

What I said about he lunging is a legitimate attack considering how far and fast she can travel with one jump.

War Machine's a human jet, he is not a hoverer. Even the Hulk would be hard-pressed to tag him while he's flying.

And what I said about her lasso is true, it can grow and long as she desires and he used to grab Rodey.

If that happens, chances are WW is going for a Nantucket sleigh ride.

The tank feat doesn’t equal striking feats so that won’t help War Machine in any way against Wonder Woman.

Just goes to show that he might be stronger, and tougher as well.

Lastly, she can one shot him just by using a clash of her bracelets. Diana stomps Rodey very hard.

I am not buying that: War Machine is a modern war weapon, with conventional war in mind; That means 20-40mm AA weaponry and locked-on missiles is part of what he can dish, of what he can take. A mere 100' blast of average knockback power (it isn't damaging) won't do schnitz to War Machine.

Like Wolverine, War Machine is an extremely bad match for Wonder Woman. Her weaknesses are his strengths.

#58 Posted by Mister_Surreal (10243 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon: OK, let’s say that Wonder Woman can’t reach War Machine. She sits there with here shield up and waits until he runs out of power or resources before she goes and lands a finishing blow. Or she could just dodge all of his attacks with her bullet reacting reflexes with very low effort. Not to mention the fact that War Machine doesn’t have an answer to getting hit by the omni directional blast from her bracelets being clashed together. Wonder Woman still stomps.

#59 Posted by death4bunnies (1135 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon: @mister_surreal:

I’m not sure she can dodge all of his attacks nor block all his ordinance with her shield.

I do think fully realized “god mode” Diana could disintegrate all his attacks with her crazy one time showing aura.

I don’t think her bracelet clash can do much.

Likewise with her lasso. Lol at WW being literally drug. I agree with nucleon that’s what would happen.

I think the big factor in this fight is how WW will be able to counter omnidirectional shrapnel.

#61 Edited by Mister_Surreal (10243 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon: @death4bunnies: By using her bracelets to deflect them in her bullet timing speed. Even if the shrapnel is too much, she can always send them flying back with the claps of her bracelets. Diana’s bracelets were able to send Doomsday going backwards, seeing as how Doomsday is at least on par with Superman that attack would be more than enough to beat War Machine in one wave. Wonder Woman takes it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PIYL0DxJNWo

#62 Posted by Darkthunder (2012 posts) - - Show Bio

Vision

#63 Posted by AtmExle (561 posts) - - Show Bio

Diana probably wins.

No morals Diana will probably blitz. Even if she can't put down Vision for good, her bracelets might put him down temporarily.

Normal Diana will get stomped hard by either.

#64 Posted by death4bunnies (1135 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal:

Your right a clash may be a workable counter to shrapnel.

I’m not sure her clash could reach Rodey if he was doing flybys.(I think that’s how he fights regularly, he never did really cqc engage the outriders to my memory)

What’s the range of her clash?

Even if it could reach him, I’m not sure the clash has the feats to even knock him outta the sky.

Pushing DD back doesn’t seem super impressive, definitely not enuf to damage a Stark suit.

The clash was no sold by DD, Steppenwolf, and Ares (no real damage) and only really hurt amazons.

Avatar image for captainsweatpan
#65 Posted by CaptainSweatpan (974 posts) - - Show Bio
#66 Posted by Mister_Surreal (10243 posts) - - Show Bio

@captainsweatpan: Right, because sonics that have feats of stunning a person with human level durability are doing anything...

#67 Posted by Mister_Surreal (10243 posts) - - Show Bio

@death4bunnies: I don’t feel like arguing, I just think that Diana is too stupidly fast, strong and durable to be taken out by that stuff. Just watch the clip:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tRYMaot4LOg

Avatar image for grand_master520
#68 Posted by Grand_Master520 (114 posts) - - Show Bio

Diana

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
#69 Posted by EternalDarkFury (887 posts) - - Show Bio

Team stomps.

#70 Posted by MinlerDemon (242 posts) - - Show Bio

daina she get shot die.

#71 Posted by OptimusPalm (2382 posts) - - Show Bio

Either of the team can solo

#72 Posted by CaptainSweatpan (974 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal: what feats does diana have to not being affected by sonics? What does durability have to do with it? From what I know diana doesn't have eardrum durability feats

#73 Posted by Mister_Surreal (10243 posts) - - Show Bio

@captainsweatpan: Despite her being shown to be superhuman in every way, your going to assume that for whatever reason her eardrums aren't as durable as the rest of her body. Since that argument probably won't suffice, Wonder Woman has experienced the sounds of explosions at point blank range that were only able to stun and make her deaf for a few moments. Any other person would have gone deaf from an eardrum rupture alone.

#74 Posted by CaptainSweatpan (974 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal: not enough to say she can simply no sell sonics and not get effected by them at all, all they have to do is effect her a little bit

Durability isn't equal, just because you have concusive durability doesn't mean it scales to everything else, Diana herself is the prime example of that

#75 Posted by Mister_Surreal (10243 posts) - - Show Bio

@captainsweatpan said:

@mister_surreal: not enough to say she can simply no sell sonics and not get effected by them at all, all they have to do is effect her a little bit

Durability isn't equal, just because you have concusive durability doesn't mean it scales to everything else, Diana herself is the prime example of that

I never said she would no sell, what I implied was that she would likely not be well effected. She has already experienced a much greater sound based attack and walked it off. Also, in this case her durability feats should make for sonic weapon resistance feats. Sounds resistance is literally just eardrum/bone durability, since sound affects your bone marrow more than anything else.

#76 Posted by CaptainSweatpan (974 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal: if she's even affected in the slightest that means shes in trouble because that makes her defenceless to alot of attacks

#77 Posted by Mister_Surreal (10243 posts) - - Show Bio

@captainsweatpan: She would barley feel it since even Wanda was able to stand them for a good few seconds. And like I said, WW has taken a lot worse and was still able to preform. Not to mention the fact that she would tank all of Rodhey's attacks and end of speed blitzing him.

#78 Posted by CaptainSweatpan (974 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal: You don't how how much she'd be affected by it

Speed blitz while Rhodes is in the air? And Rhodey has the firepower to replicate the very explosion you referenced that disoriented Diana, if she gets disorientated like that here she's a goner

#79 Posted by Mister_Surreal (10243 posts) - - Show Bio

@captainsweatpan: Speed blitz before he gets into the air. Everyone starts off on land unless stated otherwise. Rodhey has no feats to suggest that he would do more than tickle Wonder Woman using explosives. Show me feats that say otherwise. Prove that he could kill her even if she literally sat there and let him take free shots.

Some durability feats:

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

#80 Posted by CaptainSweatpan (974 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal: Rhodes has the firepower to replicate the explosion that disoriented her

Her just sitting there letting Rhodes attack her wouldn't be a good idea considering even me with a 9mm gun could beat her in those circumstances

#81 Edited by Mister_Surreal (10243 posts) - - Show Bio
#82 Edited by Nucleon (3173 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal: Speed blitz before he gets into the air. Everyone starts off on land unless stated otherwise. Rodhey has no feats to suggest that he would do more than tickle Wonder Woman using explosives. Show me feats that say otherwise. Prove that he could kill her even if she literally sat there and let him take free shots.

First; Was there ever a fight on the 'Vine that didn't end up with the opening speed blitz? These things only happen on the 'Vine. Only on the 'Vine does all attributes - strength, durability, fighting skills etc etc - all bunched together takes a quite distant importance behind speed. Every fight on the 'Vine is a race.

Second: Rhodey doesn't deal in heat rays, cosmic blasts, thunder, lasers or repulsors: He uses US standard-issue, conventional weaponry, such as bullets, rockets and, yes, shrapnel ammo. Shrapnel, when it explodes, doesn't just produce a ball of expending energy, like a sci-fantasy energy blast would: It also projects, in the case of anti-personal ammo, a shower of pointy projectiles - the shrapnel - that won't do much against an armored target, but would kill or seriously maim any "soft" (that is, which is vulnerable to these attacks, including WW) target it affects in its area, which can be quite large.

That's WW meeting reality here, and reality doesn't bugde an inch.

#83 Posted by MrTrey (301 posts) - - Show Bio

Diana.

Rhodey gets fodderised in less than a second and Vision won't be able to counter her speed properly solo.

Vision can't even touch her, this ends when he invariably doesn't have his phasing on.

#84 Posted by CaptainSweatpan (974 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal: what feats? The explosion Rhodes did bombing the Outriders was bigger than the explosion that disoriented Diana, that's all the feat he needs to disorient her then one shot her with one bullet

#85 Posted by pkety (219 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal: some glaive of a background character is stronger than the sword of Athena that can cut DD And Supes? I hope not. Vision doesn’t have much durability feats in IW seeing how his forehead was crushed by thanos’s hand. There’s nothing to suggest her sword can’t cut him the same way the glaive did since the glaive had no real feats besides cutting vision and himself

#86 Posted by Mister_Surreal (10243 posts) - - Show Bio

@pkety said:

@mister_surreal: some glaive of a background character is stronger than the sword of Athena that can cut DD And Supes? I hope not. Vision doesn’t have much durability feats in IW seeing how his forehead was crushed by thanos’s hand. There’s nothing to suggest her sword can’t cut him the same way the glaive did since the glaive had no real feats besides cutting vision and himself

That still doesn't give Wonder Woman the feats to do it as well.

#87 Posted by Mister_Surreal (10243 posts) - - Show Bio

@captainsweatpan said:

@mister_surreal: what feats? The explosion Rhodes did bombing the Outriders was bigger than the explosion that disoriented Diana, that's all the feat he needs to disorient her then one shot her with one bullet

The size of an explosion =/= power. They can't even tage Diana since he can already move faster than bullets and deflect them with very little effort. Rohdey isn't winning.

#88 Posted by Mister_Surreal (10243 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon: I'm not in the mood to get into this. Not to be rude but pretty much everyone of our debates ends with you agreeing with me after I have lost my temper. I just don't feel like going back and forth on this one.

#89 Edited by CaptainSweatpan (974 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal: Diana isn't dodging the explosion Rhodes hit the Outriders with, she won't know what those tiny things are until it's too late and size=power in real life explosions and since both explosions I'm referencing are from weaponary size is very accurate to determine the power

#90 Posted by Mister_Surreal (10243 posts) - - Show Bio

@captainsweatpan: A stick of dynamite going off isn't less powerful than a splash from a swimming pool. Rodey has no feats that say he can hurt Wonder Woman and she can kill him before he can even finish blinking.

Loading Video...

Enough lowballing, Wonder Woman isn't losing.

#91 Posted by CaptainSweatpan (974 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal: you're comparing water splashes to explosions, I'm comparing explosions with explosions, the bigger the explosion the more power behind it

How am I lowballing Diana? I'm using a reference you brought up to display her durability...

#92 Posted by Mister_Surreal (10243 posts) - - Show Bio

@captainsweatpan said:

@mister_surreal: you're comparing water splashes to explosions, I'm comparing explosions with explosions, the bigger the explosion the more power behind it

How am I lowballing Diana? I'm using a reference you brought up to display her durability...

Wonder Woman is going to blitz him even if he can injure her. That's why.

#93 Edited by CaptainSweatpan (974 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal: if that's your opinion then okay, don't say I'm lowballing Diana by using a feat you brought up though and Rhodey can very much hurt and even one shot Diana

#94 Posted by LuminousHydra (294 posts) - - Show Bio

She blitzes and decapitates both. This is a spite thread.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
#95 Posted by SupremeGeneration (11715 posts) - - Show Bio

Duo, but no one solos imo.

#96 Posted by IPvMan (792 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman.

#97 Posted by Mister_Surreal (10243 posts) - - Show Bio

@captainsweatpan said:

@mister_surreal: if that's your opinion then okay, don't say I'm lowballing Diana by using a feat you brought up though and Rhodey can very much hurt and even one shot Diana

You haven't shown any proof of that but whatever.

#98 Posted by CaptainSweatpan (974 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal: I don't need to show proof of Rhodey hurting and one shotting someone who isn't bulletproof, that's like asking for proof that 1+1=2

#99 Posted by Mister_Surreal (10243 posts) - - Show Bio

@captainsweatpan: She can easily react to bullets and deflect them, I literally tagged you with a video showing that...

#100 Posted by CaptainSweatpan (974 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal: yeah but if she gets disorientated or distracted and a bullet connects she gets one shot, whether you think that scenario will happen or not Rhodey can definitely one shot Diana