Poll: Mcu ultron vs thanos (115 votes)

Thanos 71%
Ultron 29%

Thanos has no gems

Ultron has vibranium armor

Takes place on titan

#51 Edited by deltahuman (4969 posts) - - Show Bio

@imsososorry: @doofasa:

You might have forgotten or choses to ignore it, I haven't. Vision isn't made of Vibranium fully. He is made of artificial tissue from Helen Cho's regeneration cradle. The Vibranium atoms only bind the tissue together. As Dr Cho explained, her cradle cannot print a whole body because the tissue isn't strong enough to bind together into a body. Vibranium helps in that.

Also the power stone indeed increases strength and durability no matter you agree or not because it has already done so in case of Ronan in GoTG. Ronan became extremely powerful after wielding the power stone, even more powerful than Base Thanos and he challenged him. His durability also increased to the point where he was able to no sell a Hadron Enforcer to his face and the crash of his ship. Base Thanos doesn't have feats to harm Vibranium at all.

#52 Posted by Doofasa (1807 posts) - - Show Bio

@imsososorry: @doofasa:

You might have forgotten or choses to ignore it, I haven't. Vision isn't made of Vibranium fully. He is made of artificial tissue from Helen Cho's regeneration cradle. The Vibranium atoms only bind the tissue together. As Dr Cho explained, her cradle cannot print a whole body because the tissue isn't strong enough to bind together into a body. Vibranium helps in that.

Also the power stone indeed increases strength and durability no matter you agree or not because it has already done so in case of Ronan in GoTG. Ronan became extremely powerful after wielding the power stone, even more powerful than Base Thanos and he challenged him. His durability also increased to the point where he was able to no sell a Hadron Enforcer to his face and the crash of his ship. Base Thanos doesn't have feats to harm Vibranium at all.

Please provide a shred of proof that Ronan was not already that durable before he received the power stone? Also the infinity stones are shown to be glowing every time they are being used,

#53 Edited by deltahuman (4969 posts) - - Show Bio

@doofasa:

Ronan was definitely augmented by the stone. The proof is Ronan's own admission to it in the movie. When Ronan was challenging Thanos, Korath warned him not to because Thanos is the most powerful being. Ronan then proceeded to grab the stone and got augmented by it. He then claimed that Thanos was no longer the most powerful being after getting enhanced by the stone.

Being in possession of the power stone itself makes people more enhanced than they already are. When Ronan was hit by the Hadron enforcer, there was a purple mist of energy surrounding him which is the signature of the power stone. That explains why he survived the Hadron enforcer. By Rocket's own admission, the Hadron enforcer is powerful enough to blow up moons. Are you seriously suggesting that base Ronan has moon level durability?

The power stone augments beings who are in possession of it. The glow of the stone in the gauntlet is only when the stone is used for energy blasts and other effects as it is in fact for all the other stones.

#54 Posted by Lan_Fan (12679 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos or stalemate.

#55 Edited by Doofasa (1807 posts) - - Show Bio

@deltahuman said:

@doofasa:

Ronan was definitely augmented by the stone. The proof is Ronan's own admission to it in the movie. When Ronan was challenging Thanos, Korath warned him not to because Thanos is the most powerful being. Ronan then proceeded to grab the stone and got augmented by it. He then claimed that Thanos was no longer the most powerful being after getting enhanced by the stone.

Being in possession of the power stone itself makes people more enhanced than they already are. When Ronan was hit by the Hadron enforcer, there was a purple mist of energy surrounding him which is the signature of the power stone. That explains why he survived the Hadron enforcer. By Rocket's own admission, the Hadron enforcer is powerful enough to blow up moons. Are you seriously suggesting that base Ronan has moon level durability?

The power stone augments beings who are in possession of it. The glow of the stone in the gauntlet is only when the stone is used for energy blasts and other effects as it is in fact for all the other stones.

Ronan never claimed he had become physically stronger then Thanos after obtaining the gem, just that he could beat him in a fight. Which makes sense considering he had an infinity stone capable of wiping a planet embedded into his already powerful weapon.

When Ronan was hit by the Hadron Enforcer the Power stone can be clearly seen glowing just before he get's hit. The same for when the ship crashes onto him. It's at the 45 second mark onward in this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMChGU_FEHo

So once again, every single time an infinity stone is being used it is glowing. Hence Thanos's feats without any of the stones glowing are his own.

#56 Posted by Dannynutdude (66 posts) - - Show Bio

@rebake: He didn’t use stones during his fight with iron man??? He blasted iron man at least 3 times with the space and power gem. Once where iron man blocked it with his shield then again after he beat the crap out of iron man.

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
#57 Posted by xMangog__Beastx (4700 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos.

#58 Edited by Alavanka (2385 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk thrashed Ultron.

Thanos thrashed Hulk.

Quick maths.

#59 Posted by Rebake (3892 posts) - - Show Bio
#60 Posted by Chronicplane (8817 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
#62 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (17143 posts) - - Show Bio

The one time we see Thanos really physically dominate someone and it has to be the guy who punted Ultron like a bean bag

#63 Posted by 20damon (6038 posts) - - Show Bio

@rebake: Outside of Thanos even being comparable in the strength department those were good points. Problem is it was straight up PIS how went down in under a minute, the same guy who duked it out with Hulkbuster and Abomination for long indefinite amount of time along with a prolonged fight with Thor and his god lightning, he's received beatings far worse than what Thanos dished out but yet the movie just had to instantly unbelievably drop him then stupidly write him out of the rest of the film.

The beating he received from Thanos is very consistent with the beatings he's received from Thanos in the comics.

#64 Posted by 20damon (6038 posts) - - Show Bio

The one time we see Thanos really physically dominate someone and it has to be the guy who punted Ultron like a bean bag

This. this is a mismatch. Ultron was an incredibly entertaining villain, but his physical might was not the reason for it in the movies. Sheer power wise he was a shadow of his comic-self. Thanos godstomps

#65 Posted by Sargeras (997 posts) - - Show Bio

By statements:Thanos 1-shots, he can turn the vibranium of Ultron into shards and splinters. If I recall right, Hulk is capable of destroying mountaintops and denting Vibranium..and Thanos was stated to be stronger than the Hulk.

By feats:Thanos, same thing.

#66 Posted by Alavanka (2385 posts) - - Show Bio

Vision was crippled when Hulk tossed him from the helicarrier.

Thanos owned Hulk.

Quickmath.

#67 Posted by omriamar (7068 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultron. Thanos can’t finish him the vision thing is a joke not a real feat just out of context

#68 Posted by DodgeRamJonno (10 posts) - - Show Bio

If Thanos is weak without the gems, then please explain how he decimated Zandar effortlessly without any gems at all? Or all the other countless planets he raided and destroyed before the movie (Such as Gamora's home planet). Thanos isn't weak without the stones. He is above Hulk level without stones. Give him stones, and he can destroy the entire avengers/guardians with ease.

On that note, it would be a timely fight, but in the end, Thanos would win with little injury.

#69 Posted by icec0ld (1121 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultron never seemed to interested in fighting really. He took lots of abuse and was more apt to talk the avengers into seeing it his way. He's more politician that warrior.

#70 Posted by Lan_Fan (12679 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos would crush him like how he easily crushed Vision's head.

#71 Posted by icec0ld (1121 posts) - - Show Bio

@20damon:

Him punching Ultron away is no way to measure if hulk was actually more powerful. It's just plain science, hulk is much larger and super strong. Of course Ultron is going to be knocked a very far distance.

That is not the same as them fighting. He never seemed all that inclined to fight anyone really. He spent the film getting other people to do his dirty work.

#72 Posted by 20damon (6038 posts) - - Show Bio

@icec0ld said:

@20damon:

Him punching Ultron away is no way to measure if hulk was actually more powerful. It's just plain science, hulk is much larger and super strong. Of course Ultron is going to be knocked a very far distance.

That is not the same as them fighting. He never seemed all that inclined to fight anyone really. He spent the film getting other people to do his dirty work.

Physically, Ultron was only a shell of his comic self.

#73 Posted by Rebake (3892 posts) - - Show Bio

@omriamar said:

Ultron. Thanos can’t finish him the vision thing is a joke not a real feat just out of context

Thanos pulls Ultron's limbs and head off. Ultron's striking is too weak to even ko Thor after pounding on him for a while, except against Thanos, he won't be the one holding the other by the neck. Ultron's armor plating is thinly coated with vibranium, but his entire body is not vibranium and he could take damage at the joints since he is not fully composed of vibranium (his insides are not). Thanos has more than enough strength to handle Ultron since he's confirmed stronger than Hulk.

Also, the context of the scene where Thanos breaks Vision's forehead is..........Thanos breaking Vision's vibranium forehead with his fingers. Not really much to it. Vision's general durability is still the same even after he got stabbed and the forehead wasn't damaged prior to Thanos plucking out the stone. Vision's forehead isn't a solid plate of vibranium like Cap's shield, but doing damage at all means it's safe to say Thanos could destroy Black Panther's suit. How does this feat apply to Ultron? Well, Ultron has thin vibranium coating, and while Thanos may not break it easily, he likely could bend it. But I feel it's more likely he'll de-limb Ultron. Thanos knows how to target weaknesses and is a much better fighter (yes, even with Ultron's computer brain). Ultron will get manhandled most of the fight and may scratch Thanos at most unless Thanos just stands there and does nothing. Ultron's huge, but he hasn't shown to be stronger than Hulk. Overpowering a not very serious, hammerless, pre-Ragnarok Thor is a decent showing for a main Avengers villain, but something Thanos could easily replicate. Note, Thor dropped his hammer and at this time was too reliant on Mjolnir. I can't see Ultron winning, although he may draw some blood. But we all know a surface wound only makes Thanos fight more seriously. When Thanos gets serious, he doesn't get tagged often or at all. Hulk when Thanos recovered from the initial ambush and Iron Man after drawing blood failed to touch Thanos again.

#74 Posted by Mister_Surreal (9055 posts) - - Show Bio

It is a stalemate. Ultron can’t hurt Thanos and he is getting injured by Thanos in return.

#75 Posted by Amendment50 (15148 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for bowlt_swagg_320
#76 Posted by bowlt_swagg_320 (2239 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultron dies.

#77 Posted by Oreoghoul (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

#78 Posted by Richubs (3703 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos wins.

Hulk appparantly made a huge dent in a Vibranium cage he built for himself and Thanos is much above Hulk.

He'd cause much more damage.

#79 Posted by Supermanthor (15910 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
#80 Posted by xMangog__Beastx (4700 posts) - - Show Bio
#81 Posted by Mister_Surreal (9055 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanthor: Ultron by a good degree. I see Thanos as being a great villain, he just doesn’t have the same level of emotion or expression that makes me love Ultron so much.

#82 Edited by Alavanka (2385 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, this thread. Thanos stomps in a mismatch, and it's not even debatable.

No matter how you spin it, Hulk bullied Ultron in AoU. Hulk defeated Ultron by tossing him from the helicarrier from the helicarrier. Ultron wasn't defeated by anything amazing. Ultron was defeated by gravity. He broke because he fell from a high place. All Thanos has to do to beat Ultron is grab him, and then drop him from a high place. Thor crash landed on Sakaar from space, and shrugged it off. Hulk and Loki presumably went through the same. Even Daisy from Agents of Shield could take a fall better than Ultron did. It doesn't take amazing striking power to beat Ultron. Far from it.

Vibranium and breaking vibranium is massively overrated. Thanos crushed Vision's vibranium skull. Thanos one-shotted Panther through his vibranium armour. One of Cap's vibranium shields snapped off when Cap punched Thanos. Speaking of which, Cap's shield could cut Ultron. Cap's gauntlets couldn't cut Thanos. Vibranium weapons/armours have never made anyone a top tier. Thanos' underling has a weapon that can cut vibranium easily. Thanos himself has a gauntlet made of Uru, which makes better weapons than vibranium.

#83 Posted by xZone (10339 posts) - - Show Bio

@alavanka: Erm, no.. Ultron was only hurt by the combine power of the mind stone, Thor’s lightning, and Starks repulsers, then after that Hulk punched him away (and later threw him out of the quinjet) Point is, he was severely weakened when Hulk hit him. Ultron was doing well against Thor (I’m not sure if I buy that he really beat him, but he was able to cut Thor’s face, and that’s more than Kurse or Hulk could do with mere punches)

OT: Ultron

X

#84 Edited by Alavanka (2385 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone said:

@alavanka: Erm, no.. Ultron was only hurt by the combine power of the mind stone, Thor’s lightning, and Starks repulsers, then after that Hulk punched him away (and later threw him out of the quinjet) Point is, he was severely weakened when Hulk hit him. Ultron was doing well against Thor (I’m not sure if I buy that he really beat him, but he was able to cut Thor’s face, and that’s more than Kurse or Hulk could do with mere punches)

OT: Ultron

X

Mind stone beam and repulsors aren't anything impressive, and the lightning bolt Thor used was low-end. Thor jobbed against Ultron. Screenwriters literally just made him drop his hammer and take hits. If Thor had hit Ultron back, he would have one-shotted him the same way Vision did using Mjolnir. Kurse cut Thor's face up too, and Hulk knocked Thor unconscious for weeks in Ragnarok. Hell, Hulk was hitting Thor so hard during their fight that Thor literally gazed into the Asgardian afterlife.

#85 Edited by Richubs (3703 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: Hulk made a huge dent in a thick Vibranium cage he built for himself.

And Thanos is much stronger than Hulk. He'd destroy Vibranium Ultron slowly.

#86 Posted by xZone (10339 posts) - - Show Bio

@alavanka: So much of that is simply untrue I’m having a hard time processing it.

-Mind Stone blasts easily took down an airport tower

-Repulser Blasts Aren’t really impressive I will admit

-Thor’s lightning was low-end? Prove this?

-I already said I think Thor had a low-end fighting feat against Ultron

-Kurse actually didn’t cut with Thor with punches. Thor was not cut until after Kurse through a 100^ ton boulder in to his face, and no further cuts were added to his face from Kurse’s ground pound (except for small scuffs)

-What? Since when was Thor KO’d for a week? Also, that’s extremely dishonest, considering Hulk only KO’d Thor after the grandmaster depowered him

-The Asgardian afterlife? Lmao no, this was Odin unlocking Thor’s abilities. We clearly see this is Odin’s TP later when he talks to Thor during the Hela fight

X

#87 Posted by Alavanka (2385 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone:

• Taking down an airport tower isn't that impressive compared to what the Hulk can do, or what the Hulk tanked when he fought the Hulkbuster.
  • Thor's low end lightning would be like what he used against Iron Man or the Asgardian zombies. Thor's high end lightning would be like what he uses against the Leviathans or Hela. In Age of Ultron, an example of Thor's high end lightning would be the bolt he used on the vibranium core to blow Sokovia. Obviously Thor didn't blast Ultron with an attack of that magnitude.
  • I can't recall the exact moment where Kurse made Thor bleed, so I'll take your word for it. But does it really matter if Kurse made Thor bleed with his bare hands, or if he picked up a giant rock to smash him with it? Kurse also smacked away Mjolnir with his fists, which again is more impressive than simply scratching Thor.
  • I'll be honest and say that I can't actually find the source that says Hulk knocked Thor out for weeks. This may be a misconception on my part.
  • Odin is dead. So if Thor is talking to him, he's pretty much peering into the Asgardian afterlife no? Hela stabbed Thor a couple of times, ripped out his eye, and was choking him. I'd say she brought him close to the afterlife too.

#88 Posted by xZone (10339 posts) - - Show Bio

@alavanka: I will say I’ve totally changed my opinion on this fight because I somehow forgot that Thanos put a hole in Vision’s Head with ease and Vision was 100 percent defenseless. That being said

-Sure, but it contributes

-Was a focused beam of lightning, still impressive Ultron was able to survive it

-Because Ultron made Thor bleed with his fists and Kurse couldn’t

-indeed

-Since Odin was able to talk to him I assume he still has a portion of his power or something

X

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#89 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (7136 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultron was no match for Hulk alone in AoU Thanos stomps him

#90 Posted by Rebake (3892 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: kurse made Thor bleed worse than Ultron did...

Avatar image for myleftbuttcheeksolos
#91 Edited by Myleftbuttcheeksolos (408 posts) - - Show Bio

Still thanos

#92 Edited by Supermanthor (15910 posts) - - Show Bio

m

#93 Posted by Supermanthor (15910 posts) - - Show Bio

c

#94 Posted by Supermanthor (15910 posts) - - Show Bio

u

#95 Posted by Supermanthor (15910 posts) - - Show Bio

u

#96 Edited by Supermanthor (15910 posts) - - Show Bio