MCU: Thor vs Scarlet Witch

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
RampageTheFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By RampageTheFirst

Thor, Wanda should win in a morals off scenario.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alavanka: I forgot about what happened before hand, but I was just guessing about who would win. I wasn't saying that it was an end-all-and-be-all. I think that we can assume she can at least hold back Thor, seeing as how she slowed down Thanos with five stones (no easy feat.) Anyway, on the Hulk matter, how did he do 90% of the work? All he did was punch Ultron once after a continuous attack from Ironman, Thor and Vision. I doubt that he would be able to dent vibranium otherwise.

Avatar image for universeichigo1
universeichigo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanda

Abezethibou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how is this fair? Thor waves his Hand and she's dead

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor still stomps. She's not putting him down before he vaporizes her.

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Thor still stomps. She's not putting him down before he vaporizes her.

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Alavanka

@mister_surreal: Thanos only used the space stone against Wanda, and that alone was enough to push his way to her. Thor threw stormbreaker through the full infinity gauntlet's blast, with ease. Thor also doesn't need to move to summon lightning from the skies. So even if Wanda managed to pin Thor with telekinesis, Thor would smite her with a lightning bolt. Thor can take blasts from Wanda. He's survived being blasted by a neutron star and blown up by the power stone. The same is not true in reverse. Thor's lightning bolt can daze Hulk and knockdown Hela, both of whom are several orders of magnitudes more durable than Wanda. If a lightning bolt doesn't outright kill Wanda, it certainly incapacitates her long enough for Thor to bury stormbreaker. He doesn't really even need stormbreaker tbh. That giant hammer in Ragnarok that slammed Hulk across the stadium is enough to probably put Scarlet Witch in a wheelchair for life. Wanda can tag Thor several times with her blasts, but Thor only needs to tag Wanda once. Wanda can pin Thor with her telekinesis, but this won't stop him from summoning a lightning bolt from the skies.

Ultron was defeated when Hulk tossed him from the quinjet. Hulk is the reason Ultron was all banged up when Wanda got there. Hulk dented a vibranium cage in Agent of Shield with his fist. If you want to make the argument Hulk could only damage Ultron after Ironman, Thor, and Vision softened him up, then the same is also true for Wanda. Only in Wanda's case, I can add Hulk to the list as well.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By willpayton

What is she the god of again?

Oh, that's right, nothing.

Thor wins.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b838457c5cd0
deactivated-5b838457c5cd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One lightning blast and she's done.

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
xMangog__Beastx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor.

DrPepperMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor absolutely stomps. All he needs is one hit. Literally one. Her shields may block a punch, but Stormbreaker or lightning go right through it. On the other hand, Thor would walk through her attacks.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

IW solidified Wanda as one of the high tiers of the MCU but Thor is still her superior, especially considering that he received quite an amp himself.

Dre_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanda.

I don’t recall using lightning for ranged attacks without a weapon (like him just shooting it from his fingers or something). Nothing saying he can’t be help in place and then mind-banged.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanda.

I don’t recall using lightning for ranged attacks without a weapon (like him just shooting it from his fingers or something). Nothing saying he can’t be help in place and then mind-banged.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

You miss Ragnarok or something?

And messing with peoples mind's is something that Wanda has not done in the last 2 of the 3 films she's been in. This is despite her facing situations where she logically should have.

1. She could have easily stopped the airport battle without risking the possibility of any of the Avengers being hurt if she used TP.
  2. She could have stopped Corvus and Proxima when she and Vision were attacked who she was losing against.
  3. She could have stopped countless Outriders along with Corvus and Proxima again in the Wakanda battle.

It seems that the creators of the films simply aren't considering that ability. She does not use it in combat nearly enough to assume she will.

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, Thor's stronger lightning attacks should overwhelm Wanda's shields. They hit quickly and cause more damage than anything she's blocked. In addition, Thor's durability can handle Wanda's attacks much better than vice versa. It's not that Wanda can't win, but I wouldn't bet on her for a majority. She can get lucky, but even holding Thor down with TK doesn't stop him from summoning lighting. Hela had Thor pinned when he summoned the strongest lightning blast he had ever made up to that point.

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor oneshots. Outside of TP, there's nothing that Wanda can do that would harm Thor.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Wanda

TheTruthIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanda has literally zero actual combat showings that put her anywhere close to Thor's tier. She's fought Proxima and Corvus head on and was on the losing side of both. She had a few ambush KOs against street-tiers in the airport battle, and she blasted Bruce Banner that one time. Everything else is just her lifting stationary objects and/or chucking them at unsuspecting enemies.

Her only chance at victory is TP, and Thor isn't gonna let her anywhere near him.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By jashro44

I think Wanda's feat at the end of the film when she was blasting thanos with the infinity gauntlet while destroying an infinity stone is underrated. Not entirely quantifiable but thanos is stronger than Thor and had the benefit of shielding himself with the gauntlet and still seemed to be straining to get close. She could defend against lightning with a force field.

Avatar image for milliardopeacecraft
MilliardoPeacecraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol at the dude using stormbreakers feat as an actually thor feat.

Thor didnt overpower the gems, stormbreaker did. Wtf lol people on here are talking crazy.

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Alavanka

@milliardopeacecraft: Stormbreaker's feats belong to Thor. It's his weapon. Stormbreaker's feats belong to Thor just as much as any of Iron Man suit's feats belong to Tony.

@jashro44: Stormbreaker cut through a blast from all 6 stones, and Wanda's powers were overpowered by just the space stone. Stormbreaker throw > 6 Stone Blast > Space Stone shield > Wanda's blasts. Stormbreaker would overpower Wanda's powers with greater ease than a blast from the completed infinity gauntlet. But even without Stormbreaker, we've seen Wanda tagged by Proxima in IW and her shields were overpowered in AoU by Ultron's blasts. Thor's lightning is more unpredictable than Proxima's spear laser, and way more powerful than Ultron sentry blasts.

Avatar image for milliardopeacecraft
MilliardoPeacecraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alavanka: tony actually wears the suit tho...like all the time, its damn near a part of him. Stormbreaker being immune to the stones does not make thor immune. That is just urgh....

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor stomps.

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Alavanka

@milliardopeacecraft: Thor carries his weapon around with him all the time as well. It's damn near a part of him as well. In fact, Tony's suits can and have been piloted by other people. Stormbreaker can only be effectively wielded by Thor, because the god powers that it channels are Thor's. Even if someone could lift and swing it, it would just be a really hard axe to them. Maybe Hela and Odin could have channeled their god powers with it as well, but they are dead.

Thor himself is not immune to the stone's power. Not sure why you would think that.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 anthp2000  Moderator

Wanda has at least an equal amount of raw power to defend and has far too many hax, she can litteraly just grab Thor and wreck his body, no full force of stars will help him against that. Telepathy is not required, but should also be an option.

If she's serious enough, I don't see any high tiers besides Surtur and potentially Hela countering her. Certainly not Thor. To the people arguing it only takes 1 hit, the exact same thing can be said for Wanda - glass canons in fiction have always been at least as dangerous as physical beasts and quite a bit more dangerous too, because they're every bit as powerful, fast and much more versatile. I know people won't like Thor losing, but there's no way he's countering someone of Wanda's powerset for a majority.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alavanka: I am assuming Thor doesn't have storm breaker here. Regarding Wanda's shields that is fair all though that could just be a feat for ultron. Regarding the Proxima midnight I would call that fight PIS. Wanda should have just easily TK'd her.

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Alavanka

@anthp2000: Wanda does not rival Thor in raw power. She has absolutely no feats on par with the leviathan feat, the Jotunheim feat, the Sokovia feat, or the Outrider dropship feats in terms of destructive abilities. It's harder to blow up something than it is to move it, and Thor has blown up things far larger than what Wanda can move. Ask Thanos who he thought was more dangerous between Thor and Wanda. Wanda was overpowered by the space stone, whilst Thor overpowered the completed infinity gauntlet and landed a lethal wound.

In terms of durability: Thor has survived the Sokovia explosion, Thanos blowing his ship with the power stone and leaving him stranded in space, and a blast from a star. Any one of these feats would spell certain death for Wanda. Even something as mundane as getting tossed from the Bifrost into space and crash landing on Sakaar would be absolutely lethal to Wanda...and Thor basically walks this off like falling off a bike. They are nowhere near the same level of raw power or durability. Thor significantly outclasses her in both categories by feats.

@jashro44: Just compare the effects Hulkbuster's repulsors had on Hulk, compared to Thor's lightning on Hulk. There's simply no way an Ultron sentry (not main body fyi) would have had more power than Hulkbuster, and Thor's lightning > Hulkbuster repulsors.

Avatar image for thanos_thebadas
thanos_thebadas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

Avatar image for deactivated-5bdbf1dc6fdcc
deactivated-5bdbf1dc6fdcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanda stomps because Thor is a joke

Dre_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Dre_Savage

@amcu:

Nah, I didn’t miss Ragnarok, but it was a forgettable film. You’re probably right with Thor, but most of those, he’s in direct physical contact. I guess I’m looking at it as if I was Wanda, and not what has Wanda done in the movies. In the movies, you’re right, she’d probably get killed since Thor does have the power and range (thanks for the vids, mainly the middle two to show him doing it without direct contact being needed).

But if I was Wanda, and I’ve reacted quickly to an explosion (CW), I’ve restrained strong people (like Vision in CW) and I have mind-f%cked ppl (AoU), out of the gates I’m holding you in place with my fast reflexes and then messing with your mind. From there, I’ll just drop buildings and large objects on you until you’re KO’d or dead.

bringmethanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fun fact, according to both wong and the collector, the infinity stones survived the Big Bang. That makes Wanda at least universal for destroying one :D

lol

SW is powerful, but she is not durable and is a glass canon. thus thor beats her

MudHole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanda is hotter, she wins.

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Alavanka

@dre_savage: Well, I think most of the people arguing for Wanda are putting themselves in Wanda's shoes like you are. They're thinking what they would do if they had every one of Wanda's abilities, and disregarding how she actually performs in the films. Also we have to keep in mind the caliber of opponents that have given Wanda difficulty. Scarlet Witch isn't likely doing anything to Thor that she can't do to someone on the level of Proxima Midnight. The "what if I were this character" argument works both ways too. If were Thor, I would stand on Nidavellir and unleash the bifrost on Earth, slowly tearing the planet apart.

themongoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DUDE if this Thor at the end Raganrok he slaughters

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By plotweapon16255

Thor

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanda one shots.

m_u_s_883311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

jus for fun

Darkeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is she the god of again?

Oh, that's right, nothing.

Thor wins.

morgadc1887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_u_s_883311: fun that you didn't put the clip of thor destroying the ship he destroyed

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

Without Weapons - Wanda

With Weapons - Thor

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

@alavanka: No, In the mcu Wanda is the only person to ever bend/break pure vibranium.

Thanos: He pinches off visions forehead, Visions not pure vibranium so this feats is actually incalculable

Hulk: He only dented the vibranium doors. And hulk never damaged ultrons vibranium body (I’ll get to that later)(I think your confusing hulk just punching ultron with hulk damaging him)

Corvus- Likely a special staff, so this has nothing to do with physical strength

Wanda: Wanda bended through ultrons body and pulled out his heart. The reason ultron was damaged in this scene was due to being melted by iron man, vision, and Thor (hulk didn’t damage ultron at all lol). But after the melting Ultron was cooling for a long enough for the vibranium to no longer be pliable thus making Wanda the only person to bend pure vibranium

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sportjames23 said:

I’ll go with the one who has a day of the week named after him.

Wandesday?

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol lock this Thor far outclasses Wanda or anyother Avenger for that matter

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Alavanka

@emmafrostxmen said:

@alavanka: No, In the mcu Wanda is the only person to ever bend/break pure vibranium.

Thanos: He pinches off visions forehead, Visions not pure vibranium so this feats is actually incalculable

Hulk: He only dented the vibranium doors. And hulk never damaged ultrons vibranium body (I’ll get to that later)(I think your confusing hulk just punching ultron with hulk damaging him)

Corvus- Likely a special staff, so this has nothing to do with physical strength

Wanda: Wanda bended through ultrons body and pulled out his heart. The reason ultron was damaged in this scene was due to being melted by iron man, vision, and Thor (hulk didn’t damage ultron at all lol). But after the melting Ultron was cooling for a long enough for the vibranium to no longer be pliable thus making Wanda the only person to bend pure vibranium

Hulk was the one that threw Ultron from the jet and the resulting fall was what damaged Ultron to an inoperable state. This did more damage than anyone else against Ultron, because afterwards Ultron literally could not move. Technically, Ultron just got wrecked by gravity. Either way, this just goes to show that vibranium is somewhat overrated in the MCU. If you look at all of the attacks that went into taking down Vibranium Ultron, he isn't actually all that durable. Especially since individual attacks like Vision swinging Mjolnir and Hulk's punches send him ragdolling across the map. He's certainly not top tier like Thanos or Hela.

No Caption Provided

Wanda only bent the plates around Ultron's chest afterwards. She never actually broke any of the plates. Ulysses Klaue smashed a vibranium car with his sonic arm cannon. So Wanda's feat isn't the only, or even the best, of breaking vibranium. The Wakandan fighter ships use the same sonic cannons, and they were no sold by the Outrider dropships that Thor's lightning casually tore apart.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

@alavanka: Wanda still bent it without too much effort. No Ulysses feat of destroying the car doesn’t count because his arm is a vibranium weapon

Ahhahahhahahah about hulk: no, hulk only threw ultron and did basically no physical damage to ultrons body. Wanda actually was the person to end his prime body’s consciousness.