MCU: Thor vs Scarlet Witch

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by webinyoureye11 (5903 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Thor

No Caption Provided

Scarlet Witch

• Scarlet Witch is bloodlusted and morals off
  • Thor is morals off
  • Standard gear (no mjolnir)
  • Win by any means
  • Fight on Asgaards rainbow bridge. Start 50 feet away
#2 Posted by AngelJax (11906 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanda

#3 Posted by Mutant1230 (7002 posts) - - Show Bio

@angeljax said:

Wanda

Wanda's never hurt someone like Thor. The only reason she was able to damage Vision was by controlling the Mind Stone. She can't win against him.

#4 Edited by AngelJax (11906 posts) - - Show Bio

@mutant1230: She damaged Vibranium with her TK and Vibranium > Thor.

It's not like TK'ing him is her only option either. She can go for a mind wipe. She's done it to him and the whole Avengers team before in AoU.

#5 Posted by RR79 (6761 posts) - - Show Bio

Scarlet Witch does have the potential to hurt Thor, but I feel that specific scene, she was only that powerful due to the anguish she was in from having watched her brother die.

#6 Posted by jayc1324 (26432 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah Thor zaps her before she lifts a finger. And she has no feats of hurting someone like him. She BFR'd a Vision who didnt want to fight her, and her tearing apart Ultron was done without Ultrons resistance, and again against someone who didnt want to fight her. Lastly, her using her mind tricks on Thor only worked because she used stealth to sneak up on him. Any attempts to use magic will be responded to with a lightning blast, and there's nothing she can do to stop that.

#7 Posted by huthimamwa (2605 posts) - - Show Bio

@angeljax: she snuck up behind him to mind-rape him. That isnt happening on a bridge in clear view of each other. Even if she tries, a slight shock from Hawkeye's teaser-arrow was enough to interrupt her TP....Thor's lightning would fry her.

#8 Posted by ComicGirl21 (1319 posts) - - Show Bio

They are both glass canons who can spam AoE damage so whoever hits first wins.

I say Wanda takes slight majority because her powers are more versatile. She can create forcefields, has mind control, telekinesis etc. If Scarlett Witch can make a forcefield that would block Thor's lightning she would have the upper hand.

#9 Posted by Mutant1230 (7002 posts) - - Show Bio

@angeljax said:

@mutant1230: She damaged Vibranium with her TK and Vibranium > Thor.

It's not like TK'ing him is her only option either. She can go for a mind wipe. She's done it to him and the whole Avengers team before in AoU.

No, not even close. Is Black Panther or Cap's Shield more durable than Thor? Of course not. Vibranium is a very strong metal, but Thor outclasses that, definitely by a significant margin after his Ragnarok feats.

She can give him an illusion, but he she still can't hurt him. A temporary stunning will just delay her inevitable defeat.

#10 Edited by Alavanka (2720 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor stomps. First of all, Thor has better high end attacks. Thor can take Wanda's hits by virtue of his godly physique. Wanda can't take Thor's hits. Only way Wanda wins is through mind games. In a straight brawl, Thor would clock Wanda. Any strike he used against Hulk in Ragnarok would be enough to end it.

#11 Posted by huthimamwa (2605 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicgirl21: she has no forcefield feats to suggest she can hold off any of Thor's attacks with them. Hell, even Ultron Drones were able to break through her forcefields. Thor's lightning would wreck them :/

#12 Posted by HATSoffMELO (2555 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor Ends it Before it Even Starts

#13 Posted by buildhare (8866 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanda mentally molests him. People always try and make up rules or limits to her mind control that don't exist, this wouldn't go any differently to their first encounter if she isn't holding back.

#14 Posted by HATSoffMELO (2555 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanda mentally molests him. People always try and make up rules or limits to her mind control that don't exist, this wouldn't go any differently to their first encounter if she isn't holding back.

which is faster her TP or Lightning?

#15 Posted by huthimamwa (2605 posts) - - Show Bio

@buildhare: who's saying anything that isnt fact?

Fact is that Wanda snuck up on Thor to mind-rape him. Fact is that she cannot do that here. Fact is that Hawkeye was able to interrupt her TP with a taser-arrow.

Bloodlusted Thor destroys Wanda. Her forcefields arent nearly strong enough to stand up to him (Ultron Drones broke through them) and his lightning is faster than her TP. She has no chance here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b84aca03eae8
#16 Edited by deactivated-5b84aca03eae8 (6261 posts) - - Show Bio

I can see it going either way. But If I had to place a bet, my money would be on a bloodlusted/morals off Post Ragnarok Thor.

#17 Posted by buildhare (8866 posts) - - Show Bio

@huthimamwa:

who's saying anything that isnt fact?

You by implication

Fact is that Wanda snuck up on Thor to mind-rape him. Fact is that she cannot do that here.

You're pretending she needs to sneak up behind him to do this, she used her powers on an entire town in exactly the same way she'll do here.

#18 Edited by huthimamwa (2605 posts) - - Show Bio

@buildhare: Did you see how slow her TP waves moved during that town feat you cited? She will get blasted by lightning before it reaches him. Starting distsnce is 50 yards here. Lighting will reach her long before those slow TP waves reach him.

Why do you think she snuck around TPing the Avengers from behind? Honest question. Do you really think she would she have been as successful if she walked up to each of them up front face to face? Hawkeye was able to counter her TP with a taser-arrow before she pulled it off. Her TP is slow.

#19 Posted by macleen (3705 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor oneshots

#20 Posted by Amcu (17372 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by destinyman75 (15770 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah Wanda in MCU isn't all that great as of now Thor wrecks with utter ease

Avatar image for harbingerofmomz
#22 Posted by Harbingerofmomz (804 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by Aka_aka_aka_ak (3284 posts) - - Show Bio

MISMATCH. SW bias is bizarre on this site. Defensively she must focus all her efforts to take anything above what a regular human can take and offensively she hasn't demonstrated anything that could come close to harming Thor.

#24 Posted by sportjames23 (1148 posts) - - Show Bio

I’ll go with the one who has a day of the week named after him.

#25 Posted by webinyoureye11 (5903 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Infinity war change anything? Will get back to this after I watch it

Avatar image for franklinbrichard
#26 Posted by FranklinBRichard (29 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by Thorthunder98 (6922 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor stomps. If Stormbreaker can overpower the full IG Wanda's shields ain't shit plus she's a glass cannon.

#28 Posted by webinyoureye11 (5903 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor stomps. If Stormbreaker can overpower the full IG Wanda's shields ain't shit plus she's a glass cannon.

Not that I'm asking for spoilers, but Thor will be restricted to pre IW. I'm guessing Wanda didn't get any amps, she just went all out for the first time in the movie?

if current Wanda vs ragnarok thor is unbalanced then ill just restrict all iw feats

#29 Posted by Alavanka (2720 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorthunder98 said:

Not that I'm asking for spoilers, but Thor will be restricted to pre IW. I'm guessing Wanda didn't get any amps, she just went all out for the first time in the movie?

if current Wanda vs ragnarok thor is unbalanced then ill just restrict all iw feats

IW Thor is definitely a mismatch, and the timeframe between post-Ragnarok and Infinity War is basically nonexistent. So it's probably best to define Thor as Ragnarok-Thor if you want to restrict Thor's new upgrades. Wanda didn't receive any power-ups, correct. But she does have fairly impressive showings.

#30 Posted by Thorthunder98 (6922 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorthunder98 said:

She didn't have any power ups but she's significantly more powerful than we've seen her she just can't take Thor with Stormbreaker. But then I don't think she could take Pre-IW Thor either, she is in the top 5 most powerful Avengers tho

#31 Posted by webinyoureye11 (5903 posts) - - Show Bio

@alavanka said:
@thorthunder98 said:

IW Thor is definitely a mismatch, and the timeframe between post-Ragnarok and Infinity War is basically nonexistent. So it's probably best to define Thor as Ragnarok-Thor if you want to restrict Thor's new upgrades. Wanda didn't receive any power-ups, correct. But she does have fairly impressive showings.

I mean, if stormbreaker is what makes this a mismatch, then the thread is fine.

Here wanda is unrestricted, if her power level is the same as IW Wanda, her feats are fine.

#32 Posted by webinyoureye11 (5903 posts) - - Show Bio

@webinyoureye11 said:
@thorthunder98 said:

She didn't have any power ups but she's significantly more powerful than we've seen her she just can't take Thor with Stormbreaker. But then I don't think she could take Pre-IW Thor either, she is in the top 5 most powerful Avengers tho

would you say current Wanda vs Thor without weapons is debatable?

#33 Posted by TorchwoodBoy (99 posts) - - Show Bio

Without Stormbreaker, I can see a case being made for Wanda, but with it, no way. Wanda had some seriously great showings, but Thor with that weapon is OPPPPPPP man.

Having said that, without it, I would love to see them go toe to toe, because it could be one hell of a fight! Deffo the Top 2 (I'd say Strange is close, but still at 3 for now) of the MCU heroes!

#34 Posted by Thorthunder98 (6922 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorthunder98 said:
@webinyoureye11 said:
@thorthunder98 said:

would you say current Wanda vs Thor without weapons is debatable?

It could be debatable yea like she could hurt him. I just don't see her countering his lightning spam and she's a glass cannon. She is powerful though don't get me wrong her blasts could do damage. Her TK level is like hundreds of tonnes now I believe.

#35 Posted by TheWall (1 posts) - - Show Bio

They were both really OP in Infinity War, although I'd give the edge to Thor with stormbreaker

Avatar image for deactivated-5b14cb2231c90
#36 Posted by deactivated-5b14cb2231c90 (111 posts) - - Show Bio

If it's based on the movies, Thor wins.

If it's based on the comics, Wanda wins

Avatar image for deactivated-5b466be4b5981
#37 Posted by deactivated-5b466be4b5981 (3660 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by webinyoureye11 (5903 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do people think Thor has stormbreaker here? After seeing the movie, I'd definitely say this could go either way, but stormbreaker would make this unfair

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
#39 Posted by deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanda's best feat was destroying an infinity stone. Thor did dat back in TDW plus Wanda could very well get oneshotted

No Caption Provided

#40 Posted by webinyoureye11 (5903 posts) - - Show Bio

@_kingoflatveria: going by past feats, Wanda >/= lightning+repulsors+infinity stone>vibranium>Thors lightning

Avatar image for deactivated-5b14cb2231c90
#41 Posted by deactivated-5b14cb2231c90 (111 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by rem (2774 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanda has the power but not the feats. Thor wins for now

#43 Posted by Wildmike (83 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor easily

#44 Posted by Gamer-Guy (3354 posts) - - Show Bio

thor pimp slabs her harder then thanos

#45 Posted by Lan_Fan (18121 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor wins this.

#46 Posted by Amcu (17372 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanda's damage output isn't enough. And I've never seen any counter to lightning.

Morals off Thor stomps. Not close.

#47 Posted by Shaladue (552 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor lolstomps. Her raw power isn't on his level nor does it have the damage output to harm him. She's a glass cannon that gets shattered fast

#48 Posted by DrPepperMan (6288 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor stomps

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#49 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (18192 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor stomps everytime, the only MCU superhero beating Thor right now is Strange.

#50 Posted by webinyoureye11 (5903 posts) - - Show Bio

Fun fact, according to both wong and the collector, the infinity stones survived the Big Bang. That makes Wanda at least universal for destroying one :D