MCU Thor vs MCU Dormammu

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CyberpunkCop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

the rules

• Takes place in the dark dimension
  • in character
Daisy_Johnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Daisy_Johnson

Dormammu stomps and Thor gets impaled. Litterally that's the only feat Dormammu has and we've witnessed no evidence of what can and can't hurt Dormammu yet.

Epicyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor. Strange is sorcerer supreme by IW and that puts him around Dormammu's level which means Thor wins. People overhype Dormammu just because he was big

Dre_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What Daisy said. We don’t know what it takes to hurt Dormammu just yet.

omriamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not A Fight Thor Can Win

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
RampageTheFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dormammu stomps, how can people root for Thor with a straight face against someone like Dormammu..

Laurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Laurus

Like others have mentioned Dormammu currently lacks a weakness other than time manipulation.

His spikes/moon throwing and other hax would eventually put Thor down though. Not sure about the energy beam/blasts after Thor's star feat, however.

Avatar image for deactivated-6052e8e44cb84
deactivated-6052e8e44cb84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epicyon: No, it's because he has absolute control over the dark Dimension and his only weakness is the Time Stone. Does Thor have the Time Stone in this fight?

OT: Dormmamu easily. Takes him no less than 10 seconds.

FromBeyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epicyon said:

Thor. Strange is sorcerer supreme by IW and that puts him around Dormammu's level which means Thor wins. People overhype Dormammu just because he was big

Don't troll.

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor gets obliterated.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dormammu wins.

Epicyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Epicyon

@darthvaderrocks said:

@epicyon: No, it's because he has absolute control over the dark Dimension and his only weakness is the Time Stone. Does Thor have the Time Stone in this fight?

Okay good for him, and his only weakness is the time stone according to what? That even sounds absurd. A rookie Strange's best weapon against Dormammu was an infinity stone, any stone would beat Dormammu. Stormbreaker will break Dormammu it is the ultimate weapon forged for an All-Father and we know how powerful Odin was without it.

@frombeyond said:
@epicyon said:

Don't troll.

Use common sense. Thor's lightning will harm him, uru axe surging with said lightning will pierce him, that same enhanced axe that is a powerful conduit for magic will be enough to kill him. Thor could bifrost him to death.

Dormammu can't even tag Thor lmaoooo. Dormammu will die, even a more powerful celestial could be killed. Dormammu isn't a celestial.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6891767abb2
deactivated-5c6891767abb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epicyon said:

Don't use such simple ABCD logic. Strange didn't even beat him but provoced him to give him a rest and leave Earth. Provocation worked because of enternal killing and reviving so Dormammu considered it to be senseless.

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Dormammu stomps. Mismatch.

Epicyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epicyon said:

Don't use such simple ABCD logic. Strange didn't even beat him but provoced him to give him a rest and leave Earth. Provocation worked because of enternal killing and reviving so Dormammu considered it to be senseless.

You should stay in dc threads, Arthur. Dormammu was defined as a threat only the sorceror supreme could deal with, Doctor Strange by Infinity War has mastered the mystic arts and is holding his own against the most powerful being in the universe who is using the most powerful weapons. Thor overpowered a beam from a full gauntlet and pierced Thanos' almost invulnerable skin. Thanos is more durable than some glowy lego bricks giant and with the power stone alone he would beat Dormammu but I can already feel the nonsensical arguments of Dormammu>Power stone coming on.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epicyon: "Okay good for him, and his only weakness is the time stone according to what? That even sounds absurd."

Show me something that hurt him other than the Time Stone.

"A rookie Strange's best weapon against Dormammu was an infinity stone"

The Time Stone. Dormmamu does not grasp time, he doesn't understand it because Time doesn't exist in the Dark Dimension. It's the only reason why Dormmamu understood he was on repeat. All the other 5 Stones aren't (by themselves) doing anything to him.

"Stormbreaker will break Dormammu it is the ultimate weapon forged"

In Asgard it is. Dormmamu doesn't have a normal form, he's essentially an Abstract.

"and we know how powerful Odin was without it."

On screen feats for Odin?

Avatar image for deactivated-6021b09dd509c
deactivated-6021b09dd509c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Dormy stomps.

FromBeyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epicyon said:
@darthvaderrocks said:

Okay good for him, and his only weakness is the time stone according to what? That even sounds absurd. A rookie Strange's best weapon against Dormammu was an infinity stone, any stone would beat Dormammu. Stormbreaker will break Dormammu it is the ultimate weapon forged for an All-Father and we know how powerful Odin was without it.

@frombeyond said:
@epicyon said:

Don't troll.

Use common sense. Thor's lightning will harm him, uru axe surging with said lightning will pierce him, that same enhanced axe that is a powerful conduit for magic will be enough to kill him. Thor could bifrost him to death.

Show a single shred of evidence to even suggest that Dormammu will be harmed by lightning. You want to talk about common sense? How does stormbreaker pierce Dormammu if he doesn't inhabit a physical form? What a nonsensical statement. Bifrost him to death? Are you serious?

Dormammu can't even tag Thor lmaoooo. Dormammu will die, even a more powerful celestial could be killed. Dormammu isn't a celestial.

When has Thor been killing celestials in the MCU? Your entire argument is completely ridiculous; and none of it is backed up by on-screen feats.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dormammu easily and I'm a Thor fan

Epicyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epicyon: "Okay good for him, and his only weakness is the time stone according to what? That even sounds absurd."

Show me something that hurt him other than the Time Stone.

"A rookie Strange's best weapon against Dormammu was an infinity stone"

The Time Stone. Dormmamu does not grasp time, he doesn't understand it because Time doesn't exist in the Dark Dimension. It's the only reason why Dormmamu understood he was on repeat. All the other 5 Stones aren't (by themselves) doing anything to him.

"Stormbreaker will break Dormammu it is the ultimate weapon forged"

In Asgard it is. Dormmamu doesn't have a normal form, he's essentially an Abstract.

"and we know how powerful Odin was without it."

On screen feats for Odin?

I don't have to. Show me feats suggesting he can't be harmed when it's stated that he can obviously can be and has been combated by masters in magic.

Please, any Infinity stone would wreck Dormammu.

And guess what? Asgard is universal threat and above multiple realms. Asgardian gods and magic at their best would beat Dormammu. Strange is greater threat than Dormammu by feats and would lose to a god.

Odin is equal to Surtur who is superior to Hela who still made child's play of Thor. He with a mere whisper stripped Thor of his godly powers and could banish and entrap people in other realms and also turn people into dust like he did Frigga.

EGO A BONA-FIDE CELESTIAL WHO IS MADE UP ENTIRELY OF ENERGY COULD STILL BE HARMED AND KILLED BY FAR LESS. DORMAMMU IS NOT A CELESTIAL AND HE IS NOT SOME OMNIPOTENT UNKILLABLE SUPER BEING. STORMBREAKER WILL KILL HIM

Epicyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frombeyond: Refer to my last post. Celestial are essentially ancient gods. They are not immortal but immensely powerful yet can still be harmed by the likes of Starlord's blasters and put to sleep by Mantis. Thanos stated to be the most powerful being in the universe yet he was harmed by Stormbreaker a weapon forged for the Asgardian gods who by feats are on celestial levels too. So that goes to show that Thor can harm celestials because he harmed something more while overpowering a beam that would obliterate Dormammu.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By xzone

Chest feats for dormammu? Didn’t think so. Thor one shots with universal Stormbreaker

X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epicyon: "I don't have to."

Yes you do. You can't claim he can be hurt without an Infinity Stone without providing proof. So again, show me what can hurt Dormmamu that isn't an Infinity Stone?

"Show me feats suggesting he can't be harmed when it's stated that he can obviously can be and has been combated by masters in magic."

Proof?

"Please, any Infinity stone would wreck Dormammu."

None of the other Infinity Stones have the feats to suggest they can harm him.

"Asgardian gods and magic at their best would beat Dormammu."

Feats to support they can harm him?

"Strange is greater threat than Dormammu by feats and would lose to a god."

Yes because he has the Time Stone.

"Odin is equal to Surtur who is superior to Hela who still made child's play of Thor. He with a mere whisper stripped Thor of his godly powers and could banish and entrap people in other realms and also turn people into dust like he did Frigga."

That's nice and all, but on screen feats for Odin?

"EGO A BONA-FIDE CELESTIAL WHO IS MADE UP ENTIRELY OF ENERGY COULD STILL BE HARMED AND KILLED BY FAR LESS."

Who was only harmed because they blew up his planet. Context is key.

"DORMAMMU IS NOT A CELESTIAL AND HE IS NOT SOME OMNIPOTENT UNKILLABLE SUPER BEING."

Please show evidence that suggest Dormmamu can be killed after you show evidence than suggest he can be hurt in the first place.

"STORMBREAKER WILL KILL HIM"

You got evidence that would support that claim?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epicyon said:
@arthurcurry89 said:
@epicyon said:

You should stay in dc threads, Arthur.

Yes i do this but sometimes i bump into marvel one.

Dormammu was defined as a threat only the sorceror supreme could deal with,

He still doesn't has this title. He has only title of NY sanctum keeper

Strange was utterly inexperienced but was very smart ( if he was best neurosurgeon and graduated from medical studies after 2 years he should be ).

Doctor Strange by Infinity War has mastered the mystic arts

Yes, has greater arsenal and raw power but not utterly judging after feats.

and is holding his own against the most powerful being in the universe

Korath claimed this to warn Ronan it is really stupid idea to raise weapon against Thanos army etc. because it would be very bad. I could also say that DCEU Deadshot could solo MCU because he said even your guardian angel/ archangel will run away from fear etc. This is self proclaiming statement where feats utterly contradicts it.

Exactly like this demigod Maui from Disney's Moana claimed he is casual sun puller ( just like Pre-Crisis Wonder Woman ) and feats completely contradicts it. Self proclaiming <<<<<<Shown feats.

who is using the most powerful weapons.

I admit but Thanos was extremely holding back against him, because he wanted to regain Time Gem and only way was forcing him to give back. This is magican like Loki who somehow hidden Space gem via magic tricks

Thor overpowered a beam from a full gauntlet

Extremely impressive feat, but i don't buy it that Thanos went all out against axe. Because this would mean that barely reignited star has greater striking power than full glove beam what is a bullsh*t

and pierced Thanos' almost invulnerable skin.

Lool.... Iron Man's blunt force scratched him, True that was nanotech but not such advanced like this robot from Terminator: Genesis or Biomax from CW Supergirl which has atomic lvl ability to rebuild fatally wounded cuts in 2 seconds without leaving any scars.

Thanos is more durable than some glowy lego bricks giant

Ymmm noooooo.....

and with the power stone alone he would beat Dormammu but I can already feel the nonsensical arguments of Dormammu>Power stone coming on.

FromBeyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epicyon: Oh my god it's actually painful to read your posts. The ABC logic and assumptions are through the roof. You don't seem to realise nothing of what you are saying has any influence on this battle. So what Ego was harmed by this that and the other? So what if Thor manged to hurt Thanos with stormbreaker? None of that holds any bearing on this battle, your claims are baseless and your logic is weak.

However I can tell the difference between a debate and an argument, and when someone starts using font size 50 million bolded text, it's become an argument. I'll leave it there, I won't be replying to you from here on in about this thread.

Epicyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthvaderrocks: This is pointless. I already shut down everything you have said.

Lack of feats is not proof of invulnerability.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epicyon: "This is pointless. I already shut down everything you have said."

No you didn't, you just gave me assumptions, claimed things without providing the necessary evidence to back up those claims and used faulty logic.

"Lack of feats is not proof of invulnerability."

So you can't show me anything that can harm Dormmamu that isn't an Infinity Stone, correct?

Epicyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurcurry89: Lack of feats is not proof of his invulnerability, just assumption. "Dormammu was never seen being attacked so that means he can't take damage" Even when superior beings lore wise have been hurt and comparable ones with feats can be too.

Also Thanos bleeding wasn't because of Ironman alone. Watch the commentary, the damage he took to the face carried over from his previous fights and even then that minor baby cut was nothing.

Epicyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epicyon: You're correct about Ego > Strange, but feats that put Ego ahead of Dormmamu or just more nonsense?

mega6382

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#32 krisbishop  Moderator

Mismatch.

Thor would need to show dimension-busting attacks to take on Dormammu.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor would die instantly.

Please lock this

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epicyon said:

@arthurcurry89: Lack of feats is not proof of his invulnerability, just assumption.

Being beyond time makes u rather invulnerable to anything from 3d physical space.

"Dormammu was never seen being attacked so that means he can't take damage" Even when superior beings lore wise have been hurt and comparable ones with feats can be too.

Ok i know anybody has weakness or sb is weaker to specific kinds of attacks

Also Thanos bleeding wasn't because of Ironman alone.

Watch the commentary, the damage he took to the face carried over from his previous fights and even then that minor baby cut was nothing.

Sorry but i disagree. He has great healing factor so those wounds from this small capsule ship or this 30 meters size object was healed. Even Dr strange couldn't harm him. Gamora's weaponry normally harmed faked Thanos ( i know this is copycat but it would be suspicious even to Gamora if she killed thanos that easily. She knew him for very long time so she would have known how durable is Thanos etc.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 anthp2000  Moderator

I want to know exactly how the one person that sided with Thor thinks Dormammu will be beaten lol.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#37 JediXMan  Moderator

Mismatch.