Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@rajjar said:
@batman242 said:
@rajjar said:

Carol doesn't have the piercing durability needed to survive SB. If we take feats and anti-feats at face value, IW Iron Man is more durable than both of them (Thor blunt force, Carol energy). So let's not.

She did completely ignore the artillery fire that rained down on the Avengers in EG and those shots were powerful enough to pierce straight through the Leviathan. Now are they powerful enough to pierce the hull of ships that tank orbital entry crashes? Most likely. I think it's good enough to say SB doesn't have the feat of cutting someone that durable.

I thought those were missiles. So explosive impacts, rather than straight up piercing the leviathan. I mean, the last time I saw a leviathan explode like that, it was Iron Man in Avengers 1. The Leviathan still had its plates on below, hence smaller explosion. And whatever was next to that leviathan on the very left exploded too. But it exploded on immediate contact. I'd say they'd be powerful enough to blow up the Outrider ships because of the explosion upon contact, because those missiles aren't going very fast.

Loading Video...

And Valkyrie's sword (not Dragonfang, because that got lost in Ragnarok) cut through a Leviathan easily. Considering that there's really no way her sword could be unique from the rest of them in New Asgard's armory, I think it's pretty telling. I wouldn't scale SB below that, since the Outrider ship feat is still there.

If those were explosions, Wanda would surely be dead. They're just really large bolts/bullets that deliver a lot of impact force. Watch everything that's not the Leviathan exploding and you'll see no real explosions. Who knows why the Leviathan exploded? Maybe the friction from hitting the armor plating at such high speeds or some chemicals inside the beast are combustible?

But hey, here's a video of a non-explosive armor piercing bullet that causes combustion anyway;

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c
deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@batman242 said:
@rajjar said:
@batman242 said:
@rajjar said:

Carol doesn't have the piercing durability needed to survive SB. If we take feats and anti-feats at face value, IW Iron Man is more durable than both of them (Thor blunt force, Carol energy). So let's not.

She did completely ignore the artillery fire that rained down on the Avengers in EG and those shots were powerful enough to pierce straight through the Leviathan. Now are they powerful enough to pierce the hull of ships that tank orbital entry crashes? Most likely. I think it's good enough to say SB doesn't have the feat of cutting someone that durable.

I thought those were missiles. So explosive impacts, rather than straight up piercing the leviathan. I mean, the last time I saw a leviathan explode like that, it was Iron Man in Avengers 1. The Leviathan still had its plates on below, hence smaller explosion. And whatever was next to that leviathan on the very left exploded too. But it exploded on immediate contact. I'd say they'd be powerful enough to blow up the Outrider ships because of the explosion upon contact, because those missiles aren't going very fast.

Loading Video...

And Valkyrie's sword (not Dragonfang, because that got lost in Ragnarok) cut through a Leviathan easily. Considering that there's really no way her sword could be unique from the rest of them in New Asgard's armory, I think it's pretty telling. I wouldn't scale SB below that, since the Outrider ship feat is still there.

If those were explosions, Wanda would surely be dead. They're just really large bolts/bullets that deliver a lot of impact force. Watch everything that's not the Leviathan exploding and you'll see no real explosions. Who knows why the Leviathan exploded? Maybe the friction from hitting the armor plating at such high speeds or some chemicals inside the beast are combustible?

But hey, here's a video of a non-explosive armor piercing bullet that causes combustion anyway;

Loading Video...

Well $hit. You got me.

But I'll raise you this.

https://www.asoundeffect.com/avengers-endgame-sound/

In a defense of my interpretation, they really weren't that fast to begin with.

I'll just extend the Valkyrie sword feat. It's not the special Dragonfang Thor was fanboying about due to Ragnarok, and considering all that's happened to them, I don't see why it would be unique from the rest of the Asgardian weapons to have a cutting advantage over SB, when I would advocate that SB could replicate said cutting feat.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjar: Which line in the link should I be reading?

But yea, Asgard's weaponry is still pretty strong. Cutting the Leviathan's armor is probably the best feat at this point depending on how you gauge Hela's and Kurse's durability.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242

That must’ve been so difficult for the Captain Marvel moment because you get a wide view of the battle right before she comes in…

SM: Right before she comes in, Thanos is “raining down fire” as he calls it. There are thousands of missiles shooting down on our heroes. It looks like it’s going to be the end of them. Then, everything stops. It’s totally quiet. Rocket (voiced by Bradley Cooper) looks up and sees Captain Marvel come in, and then, boom, she takes out the ship.

Supervising sound editor Shannon Mills

There were so many explosions from Thanos’s missiles! Where did you get the elements for your explosion sounds? Did you get to go out and blow stuff up and record it?

SM: We do have quite an extensive array of explosions but we always try to record more when we can; it’s just hard to get permission to blow stuff up.

Often times, we’ll try to keep an eye out for when people are already planning to blow stuff up and then will send a team out to record it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But yea, Asgard's weaponry is still pretty strong. Cutting the Leviathan's armor is probably the best feat at this point depending on how you gauge Hela's and Kurse's durability.

Why do Leviathans > Outrider ships?

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjar said:

@batman242

That must’ve been so difficult for the Captain Marvel moment because you get a wide view of the battle right before she comes in…

SM: Right before she comes in, Thanos is “raining down fire” as he calls it. There are thousands of missiles shooting down on our heroes. It looks like it’s going to be the end of them. Then, everything stops. It’s totally quiet. Rocket (voiced by Bradley Cooper) looks up and sees Captain Marvel come in, and then, boom, she takes out the ship.

There were so many explosions from Thanos’s missiles! Where did you get the elements for your explosion sounds? Did you get to go out and blow stuff up and record it?

SM: We do have quite an extensive array of explosions but we always try to record more when we can; it’s just hard to get permission to blow stuff up.

Often times, we’ll try to keep an eye out for when people are already planning to blow stuff up and then will send a team out to record it.

Ah, but you do see where it shares properties with an armor piercing round, at least? Those don't really look like explosions what's happening on impact.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjar said:
@batman242 said:

I don't consider Stormbreaker/Mjolnir to be regular Asgardian weapons. I was just referring to the regular weapons at this point.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjar said:

@batman242

Ah, but you do see where it shares properties with an armor piercing round, at least? Those don't really look like explosions what's happening on impact.

Fair.

They were exploding on contact with CM though, strangely enough. Maybe she caused them to combust?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjar said:
@batman242 said:

I don't consider Stormbreaker/Mjolnir to be regular Asgardian weapons. I was just referring to the regular weapons at this point.

Ah, that makes sense.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjar said:
@batman242 said:
@rajjar said:

@batman242

Fair.

They were exploding on contact with CM though, strangely enough. Maybe she caused them to combust?

Maybe it's just another case of combustion on contact like with the metal plating?

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Thor in IW is far and away the top of the top tier when it comes to the MCU heroes so there’s no way Carol is winning that fight.

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still beyond me how much you need hate Carol and overrate Thor to say he wins.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242 said:
@rajjar said:
@batman242 said:
@rajjar said:

@batman242

Fair.

Maybe it's just another case of combustion on contact like with the metal plating?

I'd imagine they'd have some sort of chemical inside if they were to explode on contact, since the round still goes through the steel even though it triggers multiple unintended combustion reactions. Like the SFX person tells us they were limited in their ability to do explosions, so maybe that's the case. Or it could be CM's travel speed that is causing the casing to rupture. Like I dunno if there are rounds that explode on target, but that might be my best guess. The missiles were destroyed upon explosion, which is something that happens to missiles as an inevitable byproduct upon reaching target.

And I think rounds would still be phenomenally faster. And I don't think the unintended combustion would destroy them, because it didn't in the video you showed. That's more up your alleyway than mine, so I wouldn't really know.

sportjames23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yzone: Not sure if I responded to this already, but LOL at Carol hitting harder than Superman. None of the MCU’s heavy hitters hit as hard as, much less harder than, Superman.

sportjames23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightgate: *chuckles*

Who one shots, Superman? ???

nightgate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

x_Zayd_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317  Edited By x_Zayd_x
@anthp2000 said:

Word of God is word of God as long as it's a rational and serious statement. Feats are nothing but the intent of the writer put on screen. The intent of the writer remains the same, feats or not.

By that logic, comic Iron Man is more powerful than comic Thor coz Marvel's OFFICIAL Power Rankings say so.

Iron Man - 33/42

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Thor - 32/42

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Word of God is word of God....right ?

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x_zayd_x:

Yeah I really don't even remember what this was regarding, nor do I know how powerful they are. Can't help you.

x_Zayd_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x_zayd_x:

Yeah I really don't even remember what this was regarding, nor do I know how powerful they are. Can't help you.

I can remind you, you said Captain Marvel is more powerful than Thor coz its the word of the God.

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x_zayd_x: Oh, well if they said she's more powerful, she's more powerful yeah. I really don't even remember the actual statements if I'm being honest.

x_Zayd_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x_zayd_x: Oh, well if they said she's more powerful, she's more powerful yeah. I really don't even remember the actual statements if I'm being honest.

Yeah & then I said if we go by word of God, then according to Marvel's Official Power Rankings Iron Man is more powerful than Thor. Do you agree ? If not, then you're just contradicting yourself.

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x_zayd_x:

1. I still don't know about Thor and IM in the comics.

2. That's such a bad example anyway. Just because Tony has a higher average because he makes Thor look like a doofus in intelligence doesn't mean he's more powerful. Not in combat anyway.

x_Zayd_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x_zayd_x:

1. I still don't know about Thor and IM in the comics.

2. That's such a bad example anyway. Just because Tony has a higher average because he makes Thor look like a doofus in intelligence doesn't mean he's more powerful. Not in combat anyway.

Yeah but intelligence is counted as a superpower along with Durability, Energy, Fighting Skills, Speed and Strength though. And Iron Man's overall score surpasses Thor by one point in Marvel's Official Power Rankings.

Now if you think Captain Marvel is the strongest coz MCU said so, then surely you must think that Iron Man is more powerful than Thor coz Marvel's own Power Rankings say so. You should remain consistent with your own logic.

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324  Edited By ANTHP2000

@x_zayd_x:

This is going nowhere. You're either not understanding my "own logic" or you're being dishonest trying to compare 2 incomparable examples.

If you think the fact that Tony's intelligence and ability to make Thor look like an idiot makes him more powerful in combat, I can't help you. These "power rankings" may very well not even talk about direct combat.

And it's also worth considering that unlike Marvel comics, the MCU operates over one single, very precise route. They don't have hundreds of different writers and 60 years of stories. Statements matter a lot more in anything that isn't comic books.

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Captain Marvel is the most powerful MCU character...then she can even beat Dormammu?

x_Zayd_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x_zayd_x:

This is going nowhere. You're either not understanding my "own logic" or you're being dishonest trying to compare 2 incomparable examples.

If you think the fact that Tony's intelligence and ability to make Thor look like an idiot makes him more powerful in combat, I can't help you. These "power rankings" may very well not even talk about direct combat.

And it's also worth considering that unlike Marvel comics, the MCU operates over one single, very precise route. They don't have hundreds of different writers and 60 years of stories. Statements matter a lot more in anything that isn't comic books.

But that's the thing though, its not just intelligence. It shows Thor and Iron Man are equal in 4 categories, now without bringing up some overpowered IM armour like GodKiller Mk2 or some shit, do you think Iron Man is more or just as powerful as Thor ?

You said word of God is word of God, right ?

Also I'm pretty sure the category "fighting skills" include combat.

x_Zayd_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebake said:

If Captain Marvel is the most powerful MCU character...then she can even beat Dormammu?

I think she's the most powerful "superhero". I don't think she beats Hela, Surtur, Dormammu, Thanos (with the infinity gauntlet), Odin and Ego.

Also, I don't even think she's the most powerful superhero, I think its Dr Strange but that's just my opinion.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Captain Marvel stomps.

She'd beat him worse then that henchmen in Thor: Dark World

ElSebbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carol.

Avatar image for captainsweatpan
CaptainSweatpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

Tzimiscelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peak thor?

The fit thor that manhandled thanos and almost crubstomp him to death in less than 1 minute?

Thor.

Unless we use fat thor (thor loses in that case) thor by far.

Superior striking power, terrible area of effect, can actually oneshot with stormbreaker, and can definitely tank marvels blasts.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor slices her head off.

KingCarcosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The God of Thunder.

MoneyyJunee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor.

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335  Edited By AngryHulks

If you didn't bring up Carol's stopping a large missile and throwing it up feat, you probably intentionally skipped Captain Marvel. The momentum of that missile is clearly insane, it's not a free-fall weapon, it's powered in addition to it being as massive as a skyscraper. There's no indication that Thor can replicate that kind of feat with his own natural strength. About durability, Thor always get his butt kicked by a few punches from Thanos if he ended up in an unarmed combat. And don't bring up "Thor tanked a full-powered beam of the 6 Infinity Stones," because Thor never got hit by the beam, the Stormbreaker does. While Carol can actually take hits from Thanos and could potentially overpowered him in unarmed combat. The main reason why IW Thor seems strong is because Thor has the element of surprise and the fight didn't devolved into a hand-to-hand combat. If Thanos managed to disarm IW Thor, he would still ended up like when he is fat, the only difference is that being at top of his shape will extend the fight longer.

Oh, and the Stormbreaker wasn't enchanted with worthiness requirement, so anyone that's strong enough to stop the momentum of the axe will be able to do so.

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think the only chance carol has is h2h. All out, thor could just hit her with lightning and kill her. She has not tanked anything on par with lightning like thors.

Avatar image for darthvaderrocks
darthvaderrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor one shots via Stormbreaker.

Avatar image for money_brings_happiness
Money_Brings_Happiness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am new here and I have decided that this shall be the forum that I post my first opinion on. I believe that Carol wins more often than not due to having better blunt force and energy durability and if the fight goes to the air than Thor is done for due to her superior mobility and the nail in the coffin for me is that there is nothing stopping her from just taking Stormbreaker from him and stabbing him with it. Furthermore I feel as if she her striking power is criminally underrated I have watched the scene where she punches Thanos Religiously and I pretty sure that she may have gave Thanos a bruise on his cheek I could be wrong but the bruise is exactly where she punches him and I don´t see it until after their fight.

Jordan1Kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#339  Edited By Jordan1Kenobi

Sadly Carol wins.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When Kevin Feige says Carol is the most powerful superhero but comic vine don’t want the Thor wank to stop.

HERMES1220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angryhulks: She didn’t throw it or push back with her natural strength. She had to increase her propulsion to do so. But she did catch it, which is still a good. All of her best feats are done when she powers herself up and uses her aura. Her natural strength isn’t high enough to push the missile back.

nightgate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After reexamining the matchup, Thor still wins.

Odinson12387

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor... feats and he threw Stormbreaker through all the gems !

Juicers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

in strength and strikings:

Hulk > IW Thor = Carol

Thor in his prime plus Stormbreaker > Carol

Avatar image for xantimobiusgodx
xAntiMobiusGodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movie fans might not understand this, but going off of baseless statements is not a good way to examine power levels. Otherwise, Sentry fought Galactus to a standstill according to Spider-Man. Feige saying Carol was the strongest has context. He was basically saying she’d be the strongest up until that point which wasn’t even after Guardians 2. So obviously she’s stronger than phase 1 Hulk and Thor.

EcstaticGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juicers said:

in strength and strikings:

Hulk > IW Thor = Carol

Thor in his prime plus Stormbreaker > Carol

The more I start looking at their showings Im starting to agree with this.

I think her only chances
1.) are an aerial battle, I still think she maneuvers better than Thor and overall comes off faster in flight

2.) If she can absorb his lightning or comes in already stacked with energy

or

3.) Thor simply doesn’t have stormbreaker

Otherwise Thor outstats her.

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carol for majority due to durability & likely strength advantage (also she shouldn't be fodder when it comes to skill due to Kree training) but it's not a stomp. In some cases Thor may get a win due to Stormbreaker, in other he may severly injure her.