MCU: Thor vs Captain Marvel

EjorpSnruteR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@diydeath said:

Thor has better energy projection feats but Carol is a loooooot faster. They seem comparable in every other way.

One thing people aren't considering when taking Director statements into consideration is that Carol is this strong when 1st introduced, Thor took how many movies to become that powerful? She's absolutely the most powerful hero introduced. Key word being introduced.

Thor collapsed an entire ice shelf with a casual lightning, destroyed the bifrost bridge and tanked it's recoil, all in the very first movie.

He was powerful from the start. He's just gotten more powerful.

greenroost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thor only because it's Ragnarok thor

Oreoghoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

WhyZoSerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What blitzing are you talking about? She ain't faster than Thor when he is using the axe/hammer. He outclasses her easily in literally anything else.

Thor stomps. Feige needs to get his act together. She ain't number one.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor wins pretty casually

No Caption Provided

This feat here pretty much replicates almost all of Captain Marvel's feats

X

CyberpunkCop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carol wins

Much faster stronger and just as powerful

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cyberpunkcop: Much faster? Travel Speed, maybe, but Thor looks either as fast or close to as fast as Carol when flying

No Caption Provided

What answer does Carol have to Stormbreaker? Captain Marvel's durability is comparable to Iron-Man's, Vision's, and the Hulk's, and that's nothing compared to Thanos who was nearly killed by Stormbreaker. Also, Carol is no where near as powerful as Thor. It's not even close, really. She destroyed a few ships, so what? For one thing, they have almost no feats unlike the ones Thor destroyed in Wakanda, but even ignoring that Carol doesn't have many other impressive feats while Thor has plenty

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Carol really doesn't have the durability to survive any of these

X

diydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By diydeath

@ejorpsnruter: An ice shelf isn't even in the same league as Carol's 1st outting.

The bifrost bridge was getting damaged fairly easily in Ragnarok during the final battle sequences on Asgard so it's really hard to tell how strong that thing is.

Point being, Thor in his 1st movie was significantly weaker than Captain Marvel in her 1st movie which makes the director statements technically true.

If we assume Carol grew in her time away, she should be more powerful considering she was imo, slightly lower than IW Thor out of the gates.

EjorpSnruteR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By EjorpSnruteR

@diydeath said:

@ejorpsnruter: An ice shelf isn't even in the same league as Carol's 1st outting.

The bifrost bridge was getting damaged fairly easily in Ragnarok during the final battle sequences on Asgard so it's really hard to tell how strong that thing is.

Point being, Thor in his 1st movie was significantly weaker than Captain Marvel in her 1st movie which makes the director statements technically true.

If we assume Carol grew in her time away, she should be more powerful considering she was imo, slightly lower than IW Thor out of the gates.

The ice shelf was casual. That was the point.

No the bifrost wasn't getting damaged easily in the last fight in Rag. Only Hulk, Thor and Fenrir did any damage to it, and they're superpowers. Anything else that hit it, did jack. And the Bifrost channels planet busting energy. It has to be an effective conduit if it is going to handle all that energy.

And nah, he wasn't significantly weaker than her. He may not have shown speed or lifting strength on her level, but neither has she for attack power and durability in comparison to Thor.

P.S. And I heard that the ship feat for Carol only came out to town level+. That's not much higher than Hulk's initial MCU appearance. So you'd still be wrong as she barely one-ups Hulk.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subline: So you think this goes either way and yet Captain Marvel marvel beats Hela?

OT: Thor one shots.

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@subline: So you think this goes either way and yet Captain Marvel marvel beats Hela?

OT: Thor one shots.

Yes.

Also, I like how you just went to this thread instead of addressing what I actually said in the relevant thread lol.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@subline:

1) Thor couldn’t even beat Hela so your logic is whack.

2) Just came here and saw this. I also implied that it was off topic so that was redundant of you to say. But seriously, you seem to be annoyed with me despitetue fact that I haven’t done anything to give you reason to feel that way.

CyberpunkCop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone said:

@cyberpunkcop: Much faster? Travel Speed, maybe, but Thor looks either as fast or close to as fast as Carol when flying

No Caption Provided

What answer does Carol have to Stormbreaker? Captain Marvel's durability is comparable to Iron-Man's, Vision's, and the Hulk's, and that's nothing compared to Thanos who was nearly killed by Stormbreaker. Also, Carol is no where near as powerful as Thor. It's not even close, really. She destroyed a few ships, so what? For one thing, they have almost no feats unlike the ones Thor destroyed in Wakanda, but even ignoring that Carol doesn't have many other impressive feats while Thor has plenty

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Carol really doesn't have the durability to survive any of these

X

What does the quantity of feats matter here??? Black Widow has more feat then Carol doesn't mean she can beat her but anyway about your post

1. The ships Carol destroyed were much larger as each of them housed 8 warheads the size of a building and multiple fighters as well as she did it in a shorter time
  2. Carol is much faster than Thor as she was blitzing multiple Kree fighters capable of entering and exiting earth's orbit in seconds and dodging their blasts which were much faster than said ships
  3. One of her main abilities is energy absorption lighting will only make her more powerful his only chance is a clean hit with Stormbreaker and the odds of that are slim seeing as Thor likes to drop his weapon every time he fights anywhen other then fodder

Avatar image for deutschkurzhaar
DeutschKurzhaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaggran said:

Is this still going on? Thor tanked a STAR. If you think anything she's done holds a candle to that, you must not have any idea what a star is.

That

Avatar image for deutschkurzhaar
DeutschKurzhaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By DeutschKurzhaar

The only thing Marvel beats Thor at is travel speed, energy projection durabilty and strength still go to thor. Doesn't matter if she can speed blitz, I can speed blitz a wall but if I punch it I'm still gonna break my hand.

Thats exactly what I say when people say a character can speed blitz Thor, lol. And I had an idea actually, we haven't seen it yet but Thor could possibly use the bifrost in combat since he can control it with stormbreaker, and depending on how fast it works.. who knows ??‍♂️

yZone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's faster than Thor by a long shot and strikes harder than DCEU Superman. This is a mismatch of epic proportions. Moreso than I originally imagined.

thesuprme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carol with very high diff

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Okay everyone saying Carol please show feats of her taking hits from someone on Thor's level and please show her dealing damage to someone on Thor's level because I'm 100% sure you can't right now.

The only relevant feats you have are her strength feat (which is a great feat) and the ship feat which Thor could obviously replicate. She's literally not got feats to suggest she can take Thor out.

She may very well beat him after Endgame but doesn't have the feats currently.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cyberpunkcop: Have you got any striking feats or photon blast feats to suggest she could put Thor down? Do you have any durability feats to suggest she could take hits from Thor or take the axe going into her? Do you have feats to show she could take his lightning?

You don't because she doesn't have them yet.

None of her feats suggest she could beat Thor currently maybe after Endgame but not currently.

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By titing2101
@thorthunder98 said:

Okay everyone saying Carol please show feats of her taking hits from someone on Thor's level and please show her dealing damage to someone on Thor's level because I'm 100% sure you can't right now.

The only relevant feats you have are her strength feat (which is a great feat) and the ship feat which Thor could obviously replicate. She's literally not got feats to suggest she can take Thor out.

this.

whats your take on thor being an anchor on those massive ring. is that pure durability?

for me it was Strength and durability.

Im not sure if this is addressed yet but when thor was opening the eye of the star,

he was grunting to screaming, not sure if its due to heat or that pulling those levers are really hard which could also be a strength feat. he was exerting more effort in that scene while opening it than being the anchor

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98 said:

this.

whats your take on thor being an anchor on those massive ring. is that pure durability?

It's both, yes. What Thor was doing was essentially playing tug of war. Meaning the force his legs exert on the rings must be equal to the force the force the ship was exerting. Otherwise, the ship would have just kept flying and pulled Thor off the ground. The durability part of the feat is mainly just the shrapnel that was flying around as he shredded the metal.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titing2101: If you mean when he opened the eye for the neutron star I think he was probably screaming cause of the heat but I'm sure it required shit loads of strength to open it we just don't know how much so it's hard to say. The feat of him pulling the rings using Rockets ship is a ridiculous strength feat anyways

huthimamwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By huthimamwa

Thor without a huge amount of difficulty TBH. I went into the movie expecting it to be close or leaning toward Carol. But she really didn't do anything to suggest she would beat Thor. And LOL @ people saying she's stronger than him.

huthimamwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alavanka said:
@titing2101 said:
@thorthunder98 said:

this.

It's both, yes. What Thor was doing was essentially playing tug of war. Meaning the force his legs exert on the rings must be equal to the force the force the ship was exerting. Otherwise, the ship would have just kept flying and pulled Thor off the ground. The durability part of the feat is mainly just the shrapnel that was flying around as he shredded the metal.

This is what im also thinking added that for the durability parts his legs didnt break while holding onto the ship.

@titing2101: If you mean when he opened the eye for the neutron star I think he was probably screaming cause of the heat but I'm sure it required shit loads of strength to open it we just don't know how much so it's hard to say. The feat of him pulling the rings using Rockets ship is a ridiculous strength feat anyways

Rewatched the scene and yes it might be due to the heat because he was not yet screaming too much while pulling the the mech.

morgadc1887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor handily, lmk when cm can dish out more damage than the focused energy of a star, or take an axe capable of overcoming 6 infinity stones lol.

pkety

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just letting y'all know people over at the CM vs Supes thread saying she lightspeed bullrushes supes. it gotta be one way or the other, either she can lightspeed rush or it's only a travel feat you can't change it to suit your argument

morgadc1887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pkety: who cares what they are saying? They are wrong, mcu cm has done nothing to prove she can lightspeed rush anyone, has she done it? No, has she dealt enough damage or stopped enough damage to show she can injure or block thor? No - that argument comes down to inference, and not feats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BAMP.

Eobard21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor ftw

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pkety:

She bullrushed at least one group of Kree through a wall at a unidentifiable speed. So at the very least a bullrush is in character.

We can measure her speed in other scenes. A distance vs time thing. She casually goes form space to earth repeatedly on her battle, seems to take seconds. That alone would put her massively hypersonic at the least.

We have seen Thors movements in comparison to MCU Quicksilver(who is a lot slower than Carol), and he couldn't properly react to Quicksilver; this leads me to believe that he wouldn't be able to properly react to CM.

That said I think CM can take a small majority here, Stormbreaker is deadly and if it tracks enemies (like rangnorok mjolnir) then CM is in some trouble.

killers10333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thankfully thor did everything she did and more, he still wins

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stalemate.

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carol is an independent woman who takes shit from no man. Clearly Thor gets one shot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2) Just came here and saw this. I also implied that it was off topic so that was redundant of you to say. But seriously, you seem to be annoyed with me despitetue fact that I haven’t done anything to give you reason to feel that way.

1. That was Thor in Ragnarok, this is Post IW with Stormbreaker.
  2. I apologize if I may have sounded a bit rude.
The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor stomps, mismatch

Avatar image for captainsweatpan
CaptainSweatpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By CaptainSweatpan

Captain Marvel apparently being the most powerful Avengers screws up the whole MCU

She doesn't even need to absorb energy to go binary

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subline said:
@mister_surreal said:

1. That was Thor in Ragnarok, this is Post IW with Stormbreaker.
  2. I apologize if I may have sounded a bit rude.

1) OK, that was my mistake.

2) I apologize to.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PBS96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She doesnt seem to have very high Durability. Thor has much more fight experience than her as well as Storm Breaker. He could probably beat her without Storm breaker too IMO. Also Thor destroyed Outrider/Black order ships just like Carol destroyed Kree ships. She's fast but Thor ultimately best her in combat because he has combat experience as opposed to Carol who just bum rushes enemies. Thor has been fighting multiple enemies in multiple realms for thousands of years while Carol has been using her powers for what? 20?

CM has no technique, less durability, this win goes to Thor sorry.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carol is much faster than Thor as she was blitzing multiple Kree fighters capable of entering and exiting earth's orbit in seconds and dodging their blasts which were much faster than said ships

Maybe, but how does that help her avoid AOE attacks and Thor's cloak?

One of her main abilities is energy absorption lighting will only make her more powerful his only chance is a clean hit with Stormbreaker and the odds of that are slim seeing as Thor likes to drop his weapon every time he fights anywhen other then fodder

Has Carol ever absorbed energy as powerful as this?

No Caption Provided

Why don't you prove Carol can even hurt Thor?

No Caption Provided

Energy attacks aren't hurting a guy who can take the heat/energy of a star, unless you can prove otherwise

No Caption Provided

And Carol is going to need to hit significantly harder than the Hulk to hurt Thor, and that's simply assuming that Carol can get through Thor's cloak without damage, and that's debatable

X

Lex_Luthor_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This wouldnt even be an argument if Keven Fiege didnt keep saying "Captain Marvel is the most powerful", but now hes sayings "Captain Marvel WILL be the most powerful" which makes me think THOR or Dr Strange die for good. [or they actually make Captain Marvel stronger]

Spiders13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor owns Carol. Yet in the film when did she go binary?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b
deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watched the movie. I think Carol has surpassed him

AsianAntics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carol doesn't have the AP to hit like a star. Also, she doesn't have any durability feats to take Stormbreaker. TMK, the only thing CM has on Thor is travel speed which would be irrelevant here.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 krisbishop  Moderator

Carol still has nothing on Thor. He wins comfortably.

Xzelta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The ships that broke the CM are not remotely close to Thor destroying ships in IW. The ship Kree that Carol destroyed is the same one that broke after falling from a low altitude in Xandar, however, the capsules that contained the Outraiders fell from space (while they were propelled), and yet, they did not suffer the least damage , they are very much resistant than Kree's ships. So, Thor is much stronger than CM.

Eobard21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor all the way

REQUIEMCROSS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stormbreaker manage to overpower the energy output of infinity gauntlet containing the power of all infinity stone. By that feat, Thor maybe also overpower Captain Marvel's Energy blast which is the product of Captain Marvel being expose to tesseract.

In my opinion, Thor could win this fight.

Combatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stormbreaker > Infinity Gauntlet beam > Captain Marvel