MCU: Thor vs Captain Marvel

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

From the gifs I’ve seen she’s capable of running through ships like there’s no tomorrow. Her energy projection isn’t going to win it for her, Thor already has shown he can tank more than just ship busting.

Leaning Thor with difficulty due to her speed, as she hasn’t got much more than energy blasts (from what I’ve seen) that he can either deflect with Stormbreaker or no sell via durability

Syntix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From the gifs I’ve seen she’s capable of running through ships like there’s no tomorrow. Her energy projection isn’t going to win it for her, Thor already has shown he can tank more than just ship busting.

Leaning Thor with difficulty due to her speed, as she hasn’t got much more than energy blasts (from what I’ve seen) that he can either deflect with Stormbreaker or no sell via durability

Dude, Thor would no sell those photon blasts so bad its not even funny, even Talon tanked it (and he was just an ordinary Skrull) and got back up like it was nothing.

CyberpunkCop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carol wins

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

And here we go again, people arguing with the directors word that captain marvel is the strongest hero they have ever introduced. *sigh*

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@georgewbush: Carols supposed to be faster than light, Thor will never touch her.

Also the directors said she is the most powerful/strongest hero they have ever introduced therefore captain marvel >>>> Thor. It’s literally inarguable

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen: Stan lee has also stated that Thor would beat hulk in a fight. Feats and showings in comics shows different.

Feats take precedence over statements. If she doesn’t show the feats in this movie to show that she is over Thor, than for all we know as the audience, she isn’t. I haven’t seen the movie, but so far besides light speed travel, she hasn’t done anything that Thor couldn’t do.

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@phillip33: agree unless we see feats that back up those statements it don’t matter now that can change in End Game but as of now I don’t see it happening it would be a good fight though

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

#58  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@phillip33 said:

@emmafrostxmen: Stan lee has also stated that Thor would beat hulk in a fight. Feats and showings in comics shows different.

Feats take precedence over statements. If she doesn’t show the feats in this movie to show that she is over Thor, than for all we know as the audience, she isn’t. I haven’t seen the movie, but so far besides light speed travel, she hasn’t done anything that Thor couldn’t do.

Hasn't Thor beaten Hulk though? At the very least, he's fought evenly with him while holding back, and general consensus has always been (near as I can tell), that Thor is a worthy match for Superman, who is usually put above Hulk.

In any case, I do agree that Word of God statements can be contradicted by consistent evidence. In this case, I'd argue there is some wiggle-room in that we haven't yet seen how powerful Carol will be in Endgame. But at the very least, 90s era Carol has not yet proven she is the most powerful MCU hero. She is up there though, and concerning this fight I'd argue she could speed-blitz. While travel speed isn't combat speed, the former shouldn't be discounted outright, as all it takes to speed-blitz is to go in a straight line and hit your opponent really hard. But going in a straight line is all travel speed is a lot of the time. So I don't see why Carol can't just fly at FTL and hit Thor before he can react.

I'd also argue that if we're talking MCU Thor before his current level of power (c. the first two Thor movies and the first Avengers film), then it's a closer fight.

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Alavanka

It's not even that word of god isn't valid, but the willingness to downright ignore feats and base the whole argument on it without even seeing the movie is dumb. Samuel Jackson just stated in an interview that he straight up lied about Captain Marvel being able to time travel. Straight up, here's a link of a video where he said that he just made it up: https://twitter.com/thekevinryder/status/1103171805206855680

icec0ld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

???

The amount of hurt from people because they wrote her to be the strongest avenger is hilarious. She is crazy powerful and when she went binary NOTHING hurt her.

Physically she's no more impressive than any other character I'd say she's and thor are equally strong. But she is ftl and her energy blast are op.

I heard that she is going to attack thanos head on and kicks his butt pretty good before losing. And Thor gets mopped up by Thanos the second time around but alas we shall see.

icec0ld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also the leaked script details that ironman and Thor fight captain marvel believing her to be an agent of Thanos because she gives off the same energy as an infinity stone and she beats the both of them and black widow breaks them up.

This was thought to be made up until the post credit scene of Captain Marvel appearing before Capt America and Black widow was leaked.

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor splits her in half.

rem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icec0ld said:

Also the leaked script details that ironman and Thor fight captain marvel believing her to be an agent of Thanos because she gives off the same energy as an infinity stone and she beats the both of them and black widow breaks them up.

This was thought to be made up until the post credit scene of Captain Marvel appearing before Capt America and Black widow was leaked.

I heard that she gets mega nerfed in endgame after thanos absorbs something like 50% of her powers

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

@phillip33: Thor has beaten hulk. And it can change writer to writer.

But everyone working on the movie seems to agree that Carol is on a different level compared to the other Mcu heroes. But of course no matter what feat she gets she will always be destroyed by Thor fanboys (Not necessarily you, but many other people).

They literally said she can move planets (I know this wasn’t shown in the film, but she should be capable of it), and she can move at the speed of light (at that speed she should be able to effortlessly react to and statue Thor). That alone should put her above Thor.

And I deadass hate captain marvel and her Mary Sue powers, but I know that she is going to be stronger than anyone else.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc073360931e
deactivated-5cc073360931e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Giving it to Carol unless Thor star feat counts

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alavanka said:

It's not even that word of god isn't valid, but the willingness to downright ignore feats and base the whole argument on it without even seeing the movie is dumb. Samuel Jackson just stated in an interview that he straight up lied about Captain Marvel being able to time travel. Straight up, here's a link of a video where he said that he just made it up: https://twitter.com/thekevinryder/status/1103171805206855680

This.

EzraArcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hype CM
Feats Thor

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor outclasses her in literally every single category except maybe DC, which is irrelevent as he could easily block her beams with SB. She wasn't even that impressive in the movie. I don;t know wh people are wanking her

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Saw the film today and Thor wins since she'll never over power Storm breaker.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@gxrevs06: Mostly, folks are going off of the Word of God statement that she's the most powerful MCU hero to date, even though that is contradicted by what she does in the film proper (though it could still conceivably apply to her in Endgame).

I would contest that he outclasses her in everything though; Carol's travel speed is FTL, which I do not recall MCU Thor ever demonstrating even once.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For now Thor wins. This will probably change in Endgame seeing as to how the creators are saying she is the most powerful character

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Bump.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-6098713be0993
deactivated-6098713be0993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor handily.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 death4bunnies  Moderator

I’ll make a longer post tomorrow when I’m on my computer and can spoiler block.

Without giving too much away I would like to correct one big problem with the Captain Marvel threads here.

CM did not go Binary. That is her base power.

She has a high tier strength feat, along with many high tier durability feats. Casually hypersonic, can travel FTL.

matbezlima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#80 JediXMan  Moderator

Could go either way. Yeah she's powerful, but she never actually fights anyone. She lacks skill.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By death4bunnies  Moderator

@matbezlima:

Shit my bad. Here it is.

I was going to point out that CM during the first half of the movie was nurfed by a inhibitor chip in her neck. The Binary form everyone is talking about is just her without that chip in her neck.

This seems to be her base power set.

Flight speed: FTL flight (at the end of the movie),

Combat speed, hypersonic in movement and reactions. (she punched her way through a kree ship (Blitz style)and dodged spaceship blasts while flying at hypersonic speeds)

Strength 100ton+ lifting(she overcame the force of and then threw building size rockets).

Energy output: Causally oneshots smaller kree ships with energy blasts.

Energy durability: Tanked a large kree spaceship energy blast

Striking: Oneshotted a city block sized spaceship with a photon amped punch.

Blunt durability: No sold a kree ship flying at her belly, she kinda braced then belly bumped the ship to pieces.

There are some badass gif of these feats over at Right here.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Anything to suggest Captain Marvel could survive this?

X

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phillip33: Thor has beaten hulk. And it can change writer to writer.

But everyone working on the movie seems to agree that Carol is on a different level compared to the other Mcu heroes. But of course no matter what feat she gets she will always be destroyed by Thor fanboys (Not necessarily you, but many other people).

They literally said she can move planets (I know this wasn’t shown in the film, but she should be capable of it), and she can move at the speed of light (at that speed she should be able to effortlessly react to and statue Thor). That alone should put her above Thor.

And I deadass hate captain marvel and her Mary Sue powers, but I know that she is going to be stronger than anyone else.

Thor hasnt competed with hulk in a while.

Mary sue powers ? All she does is shoot energy blasts can fly and has enhanced physicals that's nothing special

MegaCityOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe there are 3 versions of Carol of Catain Marvel in the film, the first one she is like a Spider-Man or Cap America solider, she might be a step above Skrull or other Kree Im not sure. A young Nick Fury is totally beat down by a Skrull who is making speeches an alien outclassed him who isn't even trying to really win, there is one bigass Skrull who gives her trouble. We get to see Kree civilisation and Skrull culture in the movie, the Kree are a powerful galaxy force, spaceships that can waste planets with missiles, the Kree themselves can go GreenLantern style with this Ironman tech and bullet themselves into battles missile, she is probably one of the tougher Kree soldiers even in early showings, she is kind of like Drax durability in the early movie She also resisted the explosion of a Skrull space pod followed by an immense crash on the roof of a Blockbuster

2nd Captain Marvel she starts to unlock her power and can easily take on multiple Skrull, multiple high powered Kree at the same time, tosses people like dolls. She starts to blast of Area of Attack and Forcefields.

3rd Captain Marvel she gets dunked from space for a second time and goes full Binary, here she might be FTL, blitzing multiple missiles, multiple space ships which are thousands maybe millions of miles across in distance in space, she is traveling maybe Light Speed or FTL, I don't see many reflex or reaction feats but her flight speed and combat speeds are crazy, she comes out only annoyed by hits from huge space ships, blasts Yon-Rogg like the time Kurse kocked Thor into a mountain, throws him like a doll into his ship and blasts the ship off Earth, her power manipulation or blast output seems to vaporize anything

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11136/111364846/6819682-5022537577-giphy.gif

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11136/111364846/6819666-7580594395-giphy.gif

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11136/111364846/6829952-1203092199-giphy.gif

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11136/111364846/6819668-6977451404-68195.gif

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11136/111364846/6819670-6194904767-68195.gif

I feel she is probably flying maybe light speed or FTL maybe

Up close Flash and Quicksilver are faster but her top speed is perhaps much higher

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 death4bunnies  Moderator

@xzone:

Yes, both the warheads she no sold, and the belly bump a spaceship into pieces feats.

Survive yes, tank or no sell, no.

She also busted clean through ships around the size of city blocks. Not exactly a durability feat, but kinda.

CyberpunkCop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carol wins much faster and a lot more powerful and she's very skilled too

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: That lightning strike is pretty easily city block level, so I don't think those feats matter too much against that level of lightning

X

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 death4bunnies  Moderator

@xzone:

Do you think those warheads would of accomplished the same if directed at jotunheim?

I sorta do.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: I don't know how powerful they were. I haven't seen the movie yet

X

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 death4bunnies  Moderator

@xzone:

I suppose the lightning is more focused, but she did no sell that explosion, among others I’d put at around city block level.

I think it would hurt, I’m not sure it would KO or kill her.

Of course we haven’t seen how she reacts to lighting, maybe she’s weak to electricity, I don’t know.

But if we just look at it in joules, seems about a relative amount of energy.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 death4bunnies  Moderator

@xzone:

It was a decent flick, I’d be interested what you think afterwards.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: Did she get any feats to suggest she could survive Stormbreaker?

X

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 death4bunnies  Moderator

@xzone:

No, maybe some random metal hitting her at high speeds.

But Thanos has pretty legit piercing resistance(Drax knifes, nebulas sword, vibranium, and I think I saw a gif of Bucky landing a bullet or two) and stormbreaker overpowered the IG before it sunk into his chest.

She has very little peircing resistance apart from what’s implied when she breaks though things like walls and ships.

Zaggran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this still going on? Thor tanked a STAR. If you think anything she's done holds a candle to that, you must not have any idea what a star is.

pkety

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: thanos skin is honestly pretty weak if IM could make him bleed.. and in the movie I don’t think she was really hurt by anything while in binary. Her photon blasts are also inconosistent

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman:

She never fought anyone on her level which limits her till endgame, I agree. But as for martial skill she showcased more than most powerhouses have.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c96a079e1d43
deactivated-5c96a079e1d43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I've seen, Thor.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By death4bunnies  Moderator

@zaggran:

You and I differ on our definition of "Tanked" He wasnt in great shape after the star; super impressive energy durability tho.

I dont think Thor could hold up against the hyperspeed bullrush through a city block sized ship ship.

He was also KO'd when Thanos destroyed his ship, Carol strait up no sold explosions of that size, like the warheads or the larger ship explosions.

I think this is very close, Im not 100% sure who takes the majority. Depends on tactics, Hyperspeed bullrush vs a Stormbreaker throw.

CMs photon amped striking = Thors lighting amped striking, by feats, but she is massively faster.

Stormbreaker may carry the day for Thor.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By KanyeCosby

I hope that’s not all she did in the movie. None of those gifs posted show that she’s anywhere near the speed of light. Thor stomps going by the feats people have posted.