MCU Thor(No hammer) vs MCU Giant Man(h2h)

hulkuberstomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hulkuberstomp
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Thor has all of his powers,but without Mjolnir

Antman in Giant size.Can't change size and use equipment

Morals off.No prep

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 juiceboks  Moderator

Scott sits on him.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scott

Duck_e_007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super spite... giant man has absolutely no advantage if he can't shrink and grow at will. Just being huge is a disadvantage to so many hero's let alone even a underpowered Thor. In this scenario I would argue any single mcu hero could beat him..

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6  Edited By Stahlflamme

Giant-Man easily.

@duck_e_007 said:

Super spite... giant man has absolutely no advantage if he can't shrink and grow at will. Just being huge is a disadvantage to so many hero's let alone even a underpowered Thor. In this scenario I would argue any single mcu hero could beat him..

Funny in the movie I watched he never shrunk down again during the fight and it took three of them to do it...

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Thor smash.

Duck_e_007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah it wasn't a 1 on 1... widow might lose but there is no way any other person on team stark would lose a 1v1 against giant man.

Adriusus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thor wins.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Giant Man wins

Duck_e_007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It took multiple people because they were not fighting only giant man... I can't believe this is even up for debate... I really like ant/giant man but in mcu he admitted after a couple minutes he passes out. The element of surprise is not there in this fight and it is 1v1. Even if they don't know he will faint after a couple minutes I don't see my boy gman incopasitating anyone before he faints as they are all to agile and versatile

Duck_e_007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On topic, butt naked Thor super stomps.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

It took multiple people because they were not fighting only giant man... I can't believe this is even up for debate... I really like ant/giant man but in mcu he admitted after a couple minutes he passes out. The element of surprise is not there in this fight and it is 1v1. Even if they don't know he will faint after a couple minutes I don't see my boy gman incopasitating anyone before he faints as they are all to agile and versatile

Iron Man, War Machine and Spider-Man were only fighting Giant Man from the moment he appeared onward. He hit warmachine. Panther barely managed to dodge him. And Thor isn't agile nor versatile without his hammer...

Duck_e_007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was obviously necessary for the wow factor and the progression of the movie. Look at how slow he moved when he was huge and actually attacking people. Like stated before he starts off big so it is not surprising anyone.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Scott sits on him.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scott accidentally steps on him while trying to find him.

Duck_e_007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man easily dodged all of his attacks. Rhodey got caught at first because ant man was literally touching him when he changed,threw him through the air and he was back seconds later with a plan with spidey. He never touched stark.

hulkuberstomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g2_ said:

Scott sits on him.

Is not Thor stronger or as strong as Ant Man?

comic_fan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scott accidentally steps on him while trying to find him.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hulkuberstomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g2_ said:

@hulkuberstomp: Thor is probably weaker.

Why?He blocked and overpowered Hulk's arm.Hulk>>>>Ant Man in strength.Hulk is stronger than Thor,sure,but I doubt that Thor is weaker than Giant Man.Also Thor has durability to withstand Ant Mans punches

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hulkuberstomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By hulkuberstomp

@g2_ said:

@hulkuberstomp: Antman ripped a planes wing with no effort.

Hulk stopped giant Leviathan>>>>Plane.Also,Thor overpowered Vision,who was able to tank 15 ton bus and pushed ant man with a single punch

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By thelocust619

Thor utterly stomps. Scott is greatly outclassed in skill, experience, speed, reflexes...and maybe ties strength but is prob ALOT weaker given the above arguement. Also, massive vitals are massive targets: If Thor just boots him in the achilles tendon it's pretty much over, as simply falling down was pretty much enough to take him out of the fight.

Edit: Nvm I'm stupid

MK39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some part of my intuition is telling me that Thor's not gonna have a good time.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, and Ant man is slower.

a_marques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol at Scott winning. Thor still curbstomps him with his far,far superior strength and durability.

The guy matched Hulk's strength and survived things that would outright kill Giant Man like a beating from Kurse and a explosion that vaporized thousands meters of landmass.

Avatar image for deactivated-61469eb5765d0
deactivated-61469eb5765d0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkuberstomp: when did Thor overpower vision? Would hardly classify age of ultron as any sort of evidence

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By APEX_pretador

Lol at Scott winning. Thor still curbstomps him with his far,far superior strength and durability.

The guy matched Hulk's strength and survived things that would outright kill Giant Man like a beating from Kurse and a explosion that vaporized thousands meters of landmass.

And fall from 30,000 feet without scratch.

And a punch from hulk

And 500 ton boulder at high speeds.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0c8d423f980
deactivated-5a0c8d423f980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isnt Thor like a 20 tonner?

a_marques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agencyagent34: a 20 tonner wouldn't have caught Hulk's punch like he did.

The_Fub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agencyagent34: If you wan't to pull numbers out of your ass sure. Thor was shown to be stronger then Iron Man in there encounter, he not only crushed his armor with his bare hands but physically overpowered him. Iron Mans be shown lifting well over 20 tons. Thor's also blocked a punch from Hulk, then proceeded to lift his arm up. Hulks stopped something thats well over 100 tons (leviathan) with a single punch. MCU Thor is actually pretty strong, he just doesn't display it much do to Mjionir and his other powers

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, and Thor flipped a table.

MK39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like a lot of people don't understand how the physics of giant characters work. The very fact that Giant Man can stand without his muscles giving out or his bones crumbling under his weight puts him in a strength and durability level leagues above Thor, and the size disparity between the two of them means that even if Thor is similar in strength, they won't be trading blows like boxers in a ring. Ever tried to fight an elephant? It'll be worse than that for Thor.

This is an elephant compared to a human.

No Caption Provided

This is Giant Man compared to War Machine (not that far off from Thor in strength.)

No Caption Provided

Why is it that people seem to outright ignore scale altogether? You realize the difference of a few inches in height/reach can win or lose a match between two humans right?

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I...actually can't really see Thor winning this. I mean, just look at the size difference. What's Thor supposed to do? Punch him in the foot over and over and hope he doesn't get accidentally kicked or stepped on?

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Shouldn't Thor be close to Hulk in strength? He doesn't have Hulk's durability, and he doesn't have Hulk's jumping power either, so he might get kicked and BFR. Or, repeatedly stepped on and since he all he can do is punch at Giant Mans feet...he's at a big disadvantage...

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I...actually can't really see Thor winning this. I mean, just look at the size difference. What's Thor supposed to do? Punch him in the foot over and over and hope he doesn't get accidentally kicked or stepped on?

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

I wanna say if Scott is a bit more vicious than normal or just straight up throws Thor like a baseball, he can win but other than that, I honestly imagine Thor winning.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is just funny giant man is much.smaller then some of the frost giants thor stomped in thor one Thor is stronger easily, a much.better fighter. Giant man is slow and clumsy and will be knocked down to size

MK39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is just funny giant man is much.smaller then some of the frost giants thor stomped in thor one Thor is stronger easily, a much.better fighter. Giant man is slow and clumsy and will be knocked down to size

You mean the jotunheim beast in the first Thor? Nah, even that is the size of a small dog compared to Giant Man. And Thor only beat it because he had Mjolnir. Without it, he would have been torn to shreds.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mk39: I see your point but.he also.beat a few giants with his fist I like giant man but hes too slow

MK39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@destinyman75: Giant Man is actually pretty fast. His "slowness" is an illusion created by his size. I went over this concept on another thread dealing with Iron Monger. I know it's not the same character, but the same principles apply.

I just want to address the common "Iron Monger is slow" myth. Big characters look slow because we're comparing the way they move to the way smaller characters move, and we do that because humans think in terms of quotients, not actual quantities. However, if you look at things from a purely mathematical standpoint, Iron Monger is actually faster than the average human being. Entertain this example...

If an ordinary human runs to the end of a 100 meter street in 27 seconds, he's running at about 8.3 mph (the speed at which the average man jogs.) Let's say that the man is 6ft tall and covers about 75 inches per stride. In that 100 meter dash he's making about 53 strides, or just under 2 strides a second. Now let's say a giant about twice as big runs that same distance. If the giant is just as fast as the ordinary man, he'll cover the same distance in the same amount of time correct? He has to cover 100 meters in 27 seconds in order to run at the same speed. However his legs are longer and he covers twice as much ground with each step, or 150 inches per stride, so he only needs to make 26/27 strides to cover the same distance in the same amount of time. However because he took less strides than the normal man, he "looks" slower to most people. Now let's say he covered the same distance in 53 strides like the regular guy (that way he looks like he's just as fast.) If he did that he'd cover twice the distance in the same amount of time, or in other words he'd be moving twice as fast,16.6 mph to be exact.

Iron Monger moves similar to a human, but covers greater distance with each movement because of his greater size, therefore he's faster. Proportionally he's slightly slower, but speed isn't determined by proportion, just distance over time.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mk39: I see your point but this is mcu version which was pretty slow in civil war

MK39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@destinyman75: Yeah, that's the one I'm talking about. Everything I said still applies. Just look at the distance he covers with a single step. Now imagine how long it would take a human to run that distance. You get the idea.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mk39: I understand. But Thor isnt human he.should be.faster then human still gman will.be.able to.catch up.easily.but I dont.think thors going to.be running

MK39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By MK39

@destinyman75: If Thor isn't running then he'll virtually be standing still to Giant Man. Have you ever had trouble stepping on an ant? Was the ant too fast? Would the ant have stood a better chance if it were a better fighter? These are the types of odds Thor is stacked against. Ant Man can end this in one very simple motion. Step on Thor. If Thor is fast enough to leap out of the way of Ant Man's foot, Ant Man can simply swing his foot to the side and smear Thor across the pavement. Not a word of that is hyperbole.

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Giantman much stronger than a Frost Giant? If not MCU Thor should win. He was taking serious punches from The Hulk as if it was just an annoyance.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mk39: Uk, I somehow didn't see that Thor didn't have his hammer when I posted, so you kinda convinced me with that smear bit. Without even trying to, I guess lol but I'm changing my answer, so good work