#201 Posted by xZone (10244 posts) - - Show Bio

@ourmanuel: I’ve shown them before. At this point, people simply choose to ignore it

X

#202 Posted by xZone (10244 posts) - - Show Bio

@rampagethefirst: Oops, I flagged one of your comments by mistake. My apologies

X

Avatar image for theonewhopullsthestrings
#203 Posted by TheOneWhoPullsTheStrings (2290 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor MIGHT win vs any one of them, but where the heck did the idea of putting him against all three against him sounding good come from? This is a mismatch.

#204 Posted by macleen (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

@thunderprince: Zod did land the majority of hits but Superman was obviously superior in terms of strength and he had better control over his powers.

What control? Clark had a lifetime of learning his abilities, Zod had what, a day? and he was dishing out most of the attacks. Based on this alone I'd say Zod is the superior in terms of control. I mean even Clark's first flight took a few attempts and Zod mastered it in his first try to the point of outrunning (more like outflying) SM during that chase scene in Metropolis.

I didn't see the strength superiority anywhere they were evenly matched.

Zod said he was going to make the "humans" suffer. In fact, he told Clark "There is only one way this ends Kal. Either you die or I do!"

Which brings me to my question can equal opponents not be able to kill each other? Cap, Bucky and BP ( no suit) can all kill each other. That and the fact that Zod was the Villain of the story it's his fate to lose regardless of how that happens. Thor himself almost killed a guy that had the power to wipe out half the universe does that mean he is more powerful?

The first point seems solid at first but many other Superhero movies have villains who are clearly superior to their heroic counterparts in terms of power. DD from BVS, Kurse from Thor TDW, Thanos from IW, and even Hela from Thor Ragnarok. Each of these characters were so powerful that it took a plot device to kill them. While on the other hand Superman snapped Zod's neck with his bare hands showing that he was, at the very least physically superior.

I never suggested Zod is superior they are equal, hell even a simulation run by US military was for standard kryptonians which was based off the fight between SM and Zod. Zod had the numbers, tech, no morals and skill, that's enough to make him a villain. SM had to eliminate each one of them (albeit with some help) until he reached Zod. Loki wasn't stronger than Thor yet he was a villain twice, Malekith had the aether and Thor was still mocking him. If SM was superior to Zod then he would have given him the SW treatment.

Zod and SM clashed twice, the first one Zod won the second SM. They had each gotten out of each others grapples quite easily. Zod actually dazed SM at one time of their fight, SM never managed to do the same to Zod even when un-adapted and SM was bloodlusted.

Snapping someone's neck isn't a sign of superiority.

#205 Posted by dcuwins (333 posts) - - Show Bio

@chazzer:

invulnerable does mean you dont feel pain or cant get ko. clearly superman surving a point blank nuclear explosion shows he is virtually invulnerable. thor was bruised in every single movie he was in, therefore he is not.

you have jumped the shark in your ignorance and wank.

if you watched man of steel, you would know why zod has a scar on his face.

you have stomped yourself with your own stupidity.

#206 Posted by dcuwins (333 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone:

no

wankers such as yourself and your crew who votes for ignore common sense , canon sources and cinematic reality.

multiple times in the offical canon mos novel states krytpnians are invulnerable.

the black hole like singularity converted all the krytpnina metal into energy but all the krytpnoinans survived it.

dod stated nothing earthly penetrated zods corpse.

sup no sells the capitol hill explosion, a drone missile , doomsday aoe, a nuclear missile point blank

sup easily breaks through krytponian ships that were made to travel the galaxy and no sell crash landings/ busting out of 20 k year old ice

yet wankers like yourself think thors lightening will hurt fully powered krytponians.

a newbie superman took a plasma gut shot just fine. that same blast on krytpon destroyed a krytp ship that no sells space travel and reentry.

all that canonical data trumps your lightening head cannon.

sorry.

thors lightening will not hurt krytponians

#207 Edited by Chazzer (590 posts) - - Show Bio

@dcuwins: Does invulnerable mean getting your neck broken? Lol.

The nuke zombified him and made gashes on his skin. Is that invulnerable?

"thors lightning will not hurt krytponians"

But two seconds of heat vision causes Faora and Namek to scream in pain and back off?

Fyi, lightning is hotter than heat vision.

You're twisting yourself into knots of delusion.

Keep digging, son.

#208 Posted by DammeFavour (8205 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: yea you keep showing and continue misinterpreting. People correct you, you ignore then go somewhere else and repeat the same nonsense.

You don't seem to understand the basics of combustion, thor's lightning is not and has never been explosive, even if it were, it wouldn't produce yellow flames, they would be blue like ares' control tower explosion. Thor's lightning reacted to something combustible in the ship, that's what caused the explosion. Doomsday's electrical emissions dud similar, it caused the helicopters shooting at him to explode, that doesn't mean his lightning is explosive, it just happened to come into contact with something combustible in the choppers, understood? With all that, it couldn't cause superman and Diana to explode, do you know why? They are not combustible.

Your claim is kinda like thor walking into a gas station with his cloak active, what do you think is going to happen? If the gas dispensers or gas were absent, do you still think an explosion is gonna occur?

#209 Posted by CitizenSurfer (2638 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizensurfer: yeah we’re done here, you don’t even believe what you’re saying. 😂

Says the person who can't even provide feats for his argument?

#210 Posted by CitizenSurfer (2638 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizensurfer said:
@plotweapon16255 said:

30 mm rounds for starters.

I would've agreed with you a few months ago but the nerds over at Quora changed my mind, bullets are intentionally blunt at the tip so as to not rip right through human flesh and go out the other side (if the bullet goes in and out its a lot better for the person who's just been shot).

My late uncle went deer hunting using surplus FMJ ammo and swore he shot a deer four times only to have it run off. It is no wonder. The FMJ bullets just zipped through the deer, probably fatally wounding it, but not before it ran into the next county. If he hit its heart, or shoulder or other wise incapacitated it. It would have dropped but FMJ bullets are designed to penetrate people but also are expected to penetrate brick, wood (about 30 inches of wood, kind of makes hiding behind a 1 inch thick table in the movies kind of silly) anything else you can think of.

Hunting bullets are designed to create that hydraulic shock wave by creating a big wound channel and at the same time delivering all the ballistic energy they can. Hunters do not want the bullet to exit the target if it does, that means it did not dump all its energy into the target animal.

In fact Hollywood gets it wrong most of the time. When a person or animal is hit by a bullet, the bullet keeps going, and the victim drops, they do not dance around or jerk like a puppet on a string. That was started and invented by the 1960's movie Bonnie and Clyde. A living target does not jerk or fly into walls or out windows unless a bone is hit and even then it is likely the bullet just keeps going and the person drops.

In Audie Murphy's book about his time in WWII called "From Hell and Back" he writes of a squad mate in Italy running and being hit by a MG42 8mm round that severs his shin bone. The guy is in full stride and it causes a compound fracture and the guy keeps running on the stump of the bone sticking out of his leg. So in effect the bullet chopped of his lower leg and it did not slow him down. They did not put that particular scene in the movie.

So hunting bullets pointy or not, are designed to expand to 2 or 3 times their starting diameter, an create a huge temporary would channel and in so doing transfer all the ballistic energy to the target causing that hydraulic shock wave that helps to incapacitate and kill the target. - Hisey Patton

https://www.quora.com/Why-arent-bullets-sharp

So?

Piercing isn't based only on sharpness unless u think a surgical knife can cut a tree better then an axe?

Axes are still sharp, unless you think I can cut down a tree with a hammer?

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
#211 Posted by plotweapon16255 (7365 posts) - - Show Bio

@plotweapon16255 said:
@citizensurfer said:
@plotweapon16255 said:

30 mm rounds for starters.

I would've agreed with you a few months ago but the nerds over at Quora changed my mind, bullets are intentionally blunt at the tip so as to not rip right through human flesh and go out the other side (if the bullet goes in and out its a lot better for the person who's just been shot).

My late uncle went deer hunting using surplus FMJ ammo and swore he shot a deer four times only to have it run off. It is no wonder. The FMJ bullets just zipped through the deer, probably fatally wounding it, but not before it ran into the next county. If he hit its heart, or shoulder or other wise incapacitated it. It would have dropped but FMJ bullets are designed to penetrate people but also are expected to penetrate brick, wood (about 30 inches of wood, kind of makes hiding behind a 1 inch thick table in the movies kind of silly) anything else you can think of.

Hunting bullets are designed to create that hydraulic shock wave by creating a big wound channel and at the same time delivering all the ballistic energy they can. Hunters do not want the bullet to exit the target if it does, that means it did not dump all its energy into the target animal.

In fact Hollywood gets it wrong most of the time. When a person or animal is hit by a bullet, the bullet keeps going, and the victim drops, they do not dance around or jerk like a puppet on a string. That was started and invented by the 1960's movie Bonnie and Clyde. A living target does not jerk or fly into walls or out windows unless a bone is hit and even then it is likely the bullet just keeps going and the person drops.

In Audie Murphy's book about his time in WWII called "From Hell and Back" he writes of a squad mate in Italy running and being hit by a MG42 8mm round that severs his shin bone. The guy is in full stride and it causes a compound fracture and the guy keeps running on the stump of the bone sticking out of his leg. So in effect the bullet chopped of his lower leg and it did not slow him down. They did not put that particular scene in the movie.

So hunting bullets pointy or not, are designed to expand to 2 or 3 times their starting diameter, an create a huge temporary would channel and in so doing transfer all the ballistic energy to the target causing that hydraulic shock wave that helps to incapacitate and kill the target. - Hisey Patton

https://www.quora.com/Why-arent-bullets-sharp

So?

Piercing isn't based only on sharpness unless u think a surgical knife can cut a tree better then an axe?

Axes are still sharp, unless you think I can cut down a tree with a hammer?

But bullets can!

Loading Video...

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#212 Edited by Ready_4_Madness (14862 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizensurfer: mate, you’re scared to say yes. Do you think I can ever hesitate to say Kryptonians>Outriders? You on the other hand, don’t even have the confidence to do that. And you expect me to take you serious? Smh hold this L and move on.

#213 Posted by TonyStark6999 (1945 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor would have mjolnir permanently rotating around him and focus on Zod once he’s down the other 2 get messed up

#214 Posted by DammeFavour (8205 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonystark6999: this would be a viable tactic if they had the same durability as those fire demons, any of these guys can just slap the hammer away and it will be out of commission until Thor calls it back. Zod alone would beat him anyway so....

#215 Posted by miekskywalker (2065 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour: just because Kurse can do it doesn’t mean everyone who is mid-high tier can

#216 Posted by xZone (10244 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor still wins

X

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6e6a1ed23a2
#217 Edited by deactivated-5c6e6a1ed23a2 (64 posts) - - Show Bio

As much powerful as Thor currently is, I don't believe he can tag Zod. Faora and Nam-ek, unless tried showing off, should be able to keep pin balling Thor from one end to other.

Unless Thor can consistently react to and counter the near endless blitz he'll recieve, he won't be able to win.

Unless he drops Hela buster right off the bat. But he won't do that even if he's pissed off, seeing Thanos got one of the weaker looking projection in return.

#218 Posted by DammeFavour (8205 posts) - - Show Bio

@miekskywalker: everyone strong enough to stop a hit from superman and throw him around isn't gonna have a problem stopping a 45 pound object moving at subsonic speed and even nam-ek is already vastly stronger than kursr

#219 Posted by miekskywalker (2065 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour: That doesn’t mean they can stop it superman doesn’t hit harder than mjolnir.

Only 2 people have stopped mjolnir hela and Kurse and that’s it.

Hulk failed to lift it even though I don’t know what lifting strength has to do with this which you mentioned although Kurse is questionably stronger than namek

#220 Edited by DammeFavour (8205 posts) - - Show Bio

@miekskywalker: lol of course he hits a lot harder than mjolnir, kurse didn't stop the momentum, just redirected it and the entire force from the entire sequence couldn't even damage the rock face while Clark accidentally destroyed the top of a small mountain by just falling.

Kurse didn't hold it so the enchantment wouldn't take effect, hela caught it after Odin died, thereby negating the enchantment. Hulk caught it in his hands, it was no longer 42 pounds.

Nam-ek is definitely stronger than kurse proven by the fact that he threw a heavier object faster over a much longer distance with pinpoint accuracy vs kurse and he was actively overpowering clark

How heavy is a missile again? Cos even steppenwolf was able to stop a missile that was moving way faster than mjolnir

#221 Posted by miekskywalker (2065 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour: Everyone you said is wrong superman doesn’t even hit hard for a high tier.

kurse’s boulder is heavier

And if you think a missile hits harder than mjolnir I have no idea where u got that from

And how do you know Odins enchantment broke?? He may have been physically dead but was still communicating with Thor

Hulk caught it in his hands and slowed it down resulting in your so called 42 pounds

#222 Posted by nfactor1995 (12809 posts) - - Show Bio

Kryptonians slaughter. Can’t believe this is even a thread.

#223 Edited by DammeFavour (8205 posts) - - Show Bio

@miekskywalker: lol.....kurse's boulder was literally weathering and the density was so bad that it shattered into a billion pieces, it was at most 100 tons so it was lighter than the train.

Superman doesn't hit hard? OK, call me when any of your guys can punch someone so hard that they clear almost the distance of a town and have enough left to derail 500 tons worth of train

No I don't think a missile hits harder than mjolnir, I'm explaining to you how easily said feat is to replicate, it was a 42 pounds object travelling at subsonic speed, even less in the case of hela.

Lol he wasn't communicating, I would say it's thor's subconscious, even superman had a scene like that. I know the enchantment broke when Odin died because even hela was released.

Do you know what the enchantment says, it's very specific, hulk was doing that

#224 Posted by Matthew660 (1556 posts) - - Show Bio

Team high dif and casualties. Faora and nam-ek die first.

#225 Posted by miekskywalker (2065 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour: kurses boulder shattered on Thor otherwise if it shattered as easily as you say the ground would be crumbling as they walked.

Superman hasn’t koed anyone yet not strong enough for a high tier and hulks feats shit on him call me when superman can rock a million ton+ fire giant

And what are you talking about with hulk and the enchantment? Mjolnir flew at him he grabbed it and it dropped down then he couldn’t lift it at all his feet were sinking into the concrete