MCU Thor (Mjolnir and Stormbreaker) vs DCEU General Zod, Faora and Nam-Ek

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@xzone said:

@macleen: He does slightly scale to MOS Clark, but that’s kinda tricky because he did lose, and Clark was trying not to kill Zod

X

how does him losing to SM mean he was weaker? He was in a choke-hold, someone with equal strength to him would easily do it. Hell, Kurse, Hela, Thanos are all capable of killing Thor yet they don't have his level of durability.

Why only MOS Clark? What's special about BvS Clark? Not trying to kill someone doesn't mean you can't trade blows with especially when you know they can take it.

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By ourmanuel

Not only do they not have the strength to kill him from a bulrush, but they’d also get one-shotted by his cloak.

As it stands now, Thor shoots lightning from mjolnir or the sky at them, and that takes care of Faora and Nam.

He then beats zod in a good fight.

CitizenSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#153  Edited By CitizenSurfer

@plotweapon16255 said:
@citizensurfer said:
@ready_4_madness said:

@citizensurfer: I’m not looking for a paragraph of you tip toeing around my question. So I’ll make it simpler. Do you think Outriders are on par with DCEU Kryptonians? I just need a Yes or No answer, we need to wrap this debate.

Show me feats of the Kryptonians piercing/slashing resistance feats and I'll answer your question.

30 mm rounds for starters.

I would've agreed with you a few months ago but the nerds over at Quora changed my mind, bullets are intentionally blunt at the tip so as to not rip right through human flesh and go out the other side (if the bullet goes in and out its a lot better for the person who's just been shot).

My late uncle went deer hunting using surplus FMJ ammo and swore he shot a deer four times only to have it run off. It is no wonder. The FMJ bullets just zipped through the deer, probably fatally wounding it, but not before it ran into the next county. If he hit its heart, or shoulder or other wise incapacitated it. It would have dropped but FMJ bullets are designed to penetrate people but also are expected to penetrate brick, wood (about 30 inches of wood, kind of makes hiding behind a 1 inch thick table in the movies kind of silly) anything else you can think of.

Hunting bullets are designed to create that hydraulic shock wave by creating a big wound channel and at the same time delivering all the ballistic energy they can. Hunters do not want the bullet to exit the target if it does, that means it did not dump all its energy into the target animal.

In fact Hollywood gets it wrong most of the time. When a person or animal is hit by a bullet, the bullet keeps going, and the victim drops, they do not dance around or jerk like a puppet on a string. That was started and invented by the 1960's movie Bonnie and Clyde. A living target does not jerk or fly into walls or out windows unless a bone is hit and even then it is likely the bullet just keeps going and the person drops.

In Audie Murphy's book about his time in WWII called "From Hell and Back" he writes of a squad mate in Italy running and being hit by a MG42 8mm round that severs his shin bone. The guy is in full stride and it causes a compound fracture and the guy keeps running on the stump of the bone sticking out of his leg. So in effect the bullet chopped of his lower leg and it did not slow him down. They did not put that particular scene in the movie.

So hunting bullets pointy or not, are designed to expand to 2 or 3 times their starting diameter, an create a huge temporary would channel and in so doing transfer all the ballistic energy to the target causing that hydraulic shock wave that helps to incapacitate and kill the target. - Hisey Patton

https://www.quora.com/Why-arent-bullets-sharp

CitizenSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
RampageTheFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU Thor is very badly overwanked. Kryptonians stomp, having two hammers is only helpful when you actually get an opportunity to throw them without getting blitzed to shit.

This.

Shadow411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m so confused how Zod solos when mjolnir would blitz the living f*** out of him.

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@macleen said:

@xzone, @amcu, @thunderprince

Can anyone of you give me any reason why Zod doesn't scale to SM, I can understand Faora or Nam-Ek due to their un-adapted versions. But Zod? The last time I checked SM doesn't have the more solar radiation soak argument going on for him due to the nuke scene in BvS. Not to mention some of SM's best energy durability feats were when he was weakened, I'm 100% sure Zod >>> weakened SM.

Because Zod got his butt kicked by a newbe Superman. I am okay with scaling Zod from BVS Superman but JL Superman was clearly amped by either the motherbox or the speed force as he showed levels of speed and strength that he had not previously come close to showing.

CitizenSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensurfer: this is the easiest way to narrow it down.

Do you consider them to be on par with each other yes or no?

If yes we can carry on this debate and I’ll answer your question. If not then my point stands and it’s pointless to bring them up.

I'm asking you for feats for their piercing/slashing resistance. If you don't have the feats to back up your claims then you've conceded the argument....

CitizenSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensurfer: Nam-Ek shrugged off A-10 bullets, that was established a very long time ago. Your turn now, you’ve tip toed enough

Good to see you haven't been following along, would you like to scroll up and read through the previous comments.

CitizenSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensurfer: good to know you still haven’t answered my question. Yes or No?

Good to know you haven't produced any piercing/slashing resistance feats.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Thor dies.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel said:

MCU Thor is very badly overwanked. Kryptonians stomp, having two hammers is only helpful when you actually get an opportunity to throw them without getting blitzed to shit.

This.

QFT.

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@macleen said:

@xzone, @amcu, @thunderprince

Can anyone of you give me any reason why Zod doesn't scale to SM, I can understand Faora or Nam-Ek due to their un-adapted versions. But Zod? The last time I checked SM doesn't have the more solar radiation soak argument going on for him due to the nuke scene in BvS. Not to mention some of SM's best energy durability feats were when he was weakened, I'm 100% sure Zod >>> weakened SM.

Because Zod got his butt kicked by a newbe Superman. I am okay with scaling Zod from BVS Superman but JL Superman was clearly amped by either the motherbox or the speed force as he showed levels of speed and strength that he had not previously come close to showing.

You need to re-watch the fight, Zod absolutely dominated the entire fight was basically used to show SM's durability based on the number of hits he was taking. Also I seem to recall Zod saying he was going to make Clark first suffer before he killed him. The newbie SM still had some of his best durability feats in his career as SM. There is also the fast that Zod is a a villain (they are not supposed to win regardless of how OP they can be). Kinda like how Hela had several opportunities to kill Thor to the point she had him immobilized on that balcony but instead chose to monologue.

Yeah I agree with JL.

Dabalya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol at Kryptonians not tanking Thor's cloak

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kryptonians stomp plus they share the same energy resistance as clark so lightning won't bother them

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor still wins

X

rem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel said:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chazzer: lol that's totally irrelevant. I'm using the fact that a superman that was only exposed to about 2 minutes solar radiation already tanked more powerful electricity than Thor is capable of producing. They won't have problems with fodder busting ones.

And are you seriously comparing a dragon to kryptonians. Speed blitz would destroy him, people with normal speed have been doing that to him since even hela did and she's nowhere as fast as any kryptonians. Thor had a hard time fighting hela who has peak human speed but you think he's capable of fighting people that move and fight at supersonic speed?

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By plotweapon16255

@citizensurfer said:
@plotweapon16255 said:

30 mm rounds for starters.

I would've agreed with you a few months ago but the nerds over at Quora changed my mind, bullets are intentionally blunt at the tip so as to not rip right through human flesh and go out the other side (if the bullet goes in and out its a lot better for the person who's just been shot).

My late uncle went deer hunting using surplus FMJ ammo and swore he shot a deer four times only to have it run off. It is no wonder. The FMJ bullets just zipped through the deer, probably fatally wounding it, but not before it ran into the next county. If he hit its heart, or shoulder or other wise incapacitated it. It would have dropped but FMJ bullets are designed to penetrate people but also are expected to penetrate brick, wood (about 30 inches of wood, kind of makes hiding behind a 1 inch thick table in the movies kind of silly) anything else you can think of.

Hunting bullets are designed to create that hydraulic shock wave by creating a big wound channel and at the same time delivering all the ballistic energy they can. Hunters do not want the bullet to exit the target if it does, that means it did not dump all its energy into the target animal.

In fact Hollywood gets it wrong most of the time. When a person or animal is hit by a bullet, the bullet keeps going, and the victim drops, they do not dance around or jerk like a puppet on a string. That was started and invented by the 1960's movie Bonnie and Clyde. A living target does not jerk or fly into walls or out windows unless a bone is hit and even then it is likely the bullet just keeps going and the person drops.

In Audie Murphy's book about his time in WWII called "From Hell and Back" he writes of a squad mate in Italy running and being hit by a MG42 8mm round that severs his shin bone. The guy is in full stride and it causes a compound fracture and the guy keeps running on the stump of the bone sticking out of his leg. So in effect the bullet chopped of his lower leg and it did not slow him down. They did not put that particular scene in the movie.

So hunting bullets pointy or not, are designed to expand to 2 or 3 times their starting diameter, an create a huge temporary would channel and in so doing transfer all the ballistic energy to the target causing that hydraulic shock wave that helps to incapacitate and kill the target. - Hisey Patton

https://www.quora.com/Why-arent-bullets-sharp

So?

Piercing isn't based only on sharpness unless u think a surgical knife can cut a tree better then an axe?

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chazzer said:
@DammeFavour said:

Kryptonians stomp plus they share the same energy resistance as clark so lightning won't bother them

What energy resistance? this?

No Caption Provided

He was hurting with just this single blast. What do you think will happen when this hits them?

That single blast can destroy a kryptonian ship completely which is made of same materials that can no sell to reentry impact & tank heat vision.

No Caption Provided

RanaProGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having both his hammers there is absolutely no way Thor can lose to the Sword Of Rao.

Chazzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour: And are you seriously comparing a dragon to kryptonians

---------

Damme right.

50 ton beast power-slamming Thor into the ground>>>>>Kryptonian speed blitz.

All day.

ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor gets utterly demolished here. Multiple speedblitzes, and it's DUNZO.

Edit: Zod on his own was able to cancel out a fully powered Superman speedblitz with his own striking power (twice), sending him flying through multiple buildings (a distance of 1 mile or two), and that becomes impressive once you take into account the blatant fact Superman whilst in a depowered state managed to overpower a city block level+ energy beam with a single speedblitz, as well as destroying the source from which said beam originated.

As for speed, he's FTS in combat (including the other Kryptonians), the fighting scenes were deliberately slowed down so that the audience could perceive the Kryptonians movements, this was highlighted by Snyder and the VFX team supervisor, and they explicitly gave us an indicator of that sorta speed, mach cones. Play the smallville and metropolis fighting scenes at x0.25 speed and you can see that pressure wave around their fists, that's what you call a mach cone, an indication of FTS combat speed.

Inb4 "muh lightning feats plz" - guess what? He perfectly scales to Superman whose energy durability is good enough to suggest he can tank Thor's lightning. He was ragdolling Superman all over the city, for heaven's sake.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chazzer: 50 tons really? Moving how fast exactly? You do understand these are guys that can casually generate 50 tons of force in their sleep right?

ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour: That dragon was clearly moving at MFTL+ speeds, he had enough momentum to easily bust Jupiter-sized planets. Thor tanked it, coz he's too stronk.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chazzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour: It's what it does. If you haven't figured it out yet, it's trolling ya and you're feeding it, lol.

Edit: Thor still gets smacked.

RampageTheFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By RampageTheFirst

Kryptonians absolutely destroy Thor.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

kryptonians

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor already beats them without weapons, don't know what's the point of this thread.

dcuwins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By dcuwins

@citizensurfer:

typical mcu wanker.

1) your screen shot shows hulk was strong enough to pull away the chitari whale plate from the whale. duh! as i stated. show me evidence that either hulks punches/ kicks broke through the metal or thor. you cant derp. that is why you fail.

he popped up a plate with 2 fists than the hulk pulled the plate away from the whale.

No Caption Provided

hulk wanked leviathin punch didnt even break through the metal . hulks two hammer fists didn't break the metal. the leviathin didn't even flatten the taxi cab or pop the tires. lmao

yet we have canonical proof that the low yield nuke detonated in space destroyed all the chitari whales and the mother ship.

at point blank detonation a nuke destroys everything. a weakened superman and doomsday survived it .

No Caption Provided

so yes

krytpnian durability>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>chitari metal

wanker

the same plasma blast that hit a newbie superman destroyed a krytponian ship on krytpon. we also know per jor el superman will only continue to grow, KEEP TESTING YOUR LIMITS"

BASED ON DOOMSDAY AOE,

CAPITOL HILL EXPLOSION ,

THE DRONE MISSILE

DOD STATING NOTHING EARTHLY PENETRATED ZODS CORPSE ( PLUS HE HAD ZERO TRAUMA)

, EFFORTLESSY TANKING RENTRY AND SLAMMING INTO MARBLE

, PLUS THE CANON NOVEL STATING KRYTPNIANS ARE INVULNERABLE

MEANS LOGICAL THORS LIGHTNING WILL DO NADA DERP.

THORS amped lighting from the building went through chitari metal it didn't vaporize it like doomsday aoe did to the top of 5 skyscrapers and 4 apache helicopeters.

THOR GETS ROLOSTOMPED HERE

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@macleen:

You need to re-watch the fight, Zod absolutely dominated the entire fight was basically used to show SM's durability based on the number of hits he was taking.

Zod did land the majority of hits but Superman was obviously superior in terms of strength and he had better control over his powers.

Also I seem to recall Zod saying he was going to make Clark first suffer before he killed him.

Zod said he was going to make the "humans" suffer. In fact, he told Clark "There is only one way this ends Kal. Either you die or I do!"

The newbie SM still had some of his best durability feats in his career as SM. There is also the fast that Zod is a a villain (they are not supposed to win regardless of how OP they can be). Kinda like how Hela had several opportunities to kill Thor to the point she had him immobilized on that balcony but instead chose to monologue.

The first point seems solid at first but many other Superhero movies have villains who are clearly superior to their heroic counterparts in terms of power. DD from BVS, Kurse from Thor TDW, Thanos from IW, and even Hela from Thor Ragnarok. Each of these characters were so powerful that it took a plot device to kill them. While on the other hand Superman snapped Zod's neck with his bare hands showing that he was, at the very least physically superior.

dcuwins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chazzer:

lmao

you have no idea the weight or amount of force the dragon used.

lets review thor

dazed from going through the ceiling of the helicarrier

dazed from ultron throwing him into a stone church

dazed from hitting glass after vision first became active.

jane was easily able to turn his head twice from slapping him

No Caption Provided

batman punches on average 1450 lbs of pressure with batsuit. batman couldnt even move a weakened superman head and it hurt batmans hand.

thor was dazed so much from escaping furys hulk trap that he had to walk to his hammer.

thor was dazed for seconds from hulks slam in the arena

thor would have died from malekith ship falling on him if jane didnt save him.

thor was even dazed by loki ( and manhandled) lmao

No Caption Provided

that dragon clearly didn't hit with any force of note.

feats debunk your spin easily.

Chazzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dcuwins:

Sure, Sure. A beast the size of a dinosaur weighs a few hundred pounds and had no momentum, strength, and inertia to hit with "any force of note". LOL.

tell me who took a hit from a piece of metal better?

4 foot steel beam

No Caption Provided

Gladiator hammer the size of an engine block. Probably around 500 pounds, easily.

No Caption Provided

also, remember what happened when Namek slammed him on the soft asphalt.

No Caption Provided

Oops.

Keep swinging and keep losing. You're so good at it, LOL.

dcuwins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chazzer:

lmao

the mcu wanker is triggered and now is trying to lowball feats without context.

thor was down for 20 seconds from this.

Loading Video...

zod is stronger than the hulk or thor. him swinging a reinforced steel beam is not a low showing for superman.

more importantly

per the sfx and mos official canon novel, its painful for krytponians to use there heat vision. zod struck superman right when he was shutting it off. in other words he hit him at the right time.

weird?

superman plows into the same steel beams without a care. you fail.

Loading Video...

a newbie superman fought nam ek and fiora. they with miltiary precision tag teamed him and ko superman. superman was out for seconds. thor was literally usless for minutes while thanos fought the hulk and killed loki. stop embarssing yourself.

offical canon novel states a newbie superman bullrushed zod with the force of a freight train when zod threatened his mom.

offical canon novel states many times krytponians are invulnerable

dod stated nothing earthly penetrated zods corps. thor was bruised and cut when he awoke from hulks bed.

ets, etc , etc

thor has never beaten any cinematic character with a name, but wankers like yourself think he can beat 3 superior opponents at once.

lmao

the actor who plays thor even thinks ww could kick his ass.

Hemsworth responded accordingly on Twitter, saying that he thinks Wonder Woman would, in fact, “kick Thor’s a**.”

you fail

;(

Chazzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dcuwins: offical canon novel states many times krytponians are invulnerable.

========

-And yet he was ktfo by a freight train for a minute!!!

-30mm round blew him and Namek on their butts.

If Kryptonians are invulnerable why does ZOD have a giant scar on his face? ???

Keep losing buddy,I love stomping on you.

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rem said:
@rampagethefirst said:
@thedailybagel said:

If only thor had something on his body that could automatically stun/KO these kryptoninas from up close...

RampageTheFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rampagethefirst: He does actually. Why do you simple ignore Thor’s cloak and lightning strikes?

X

RampageTheFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ourmanuel: What good has it accomplished other than killing street tier fodder that were getting destroyed by m4's? because if thats the only thing going in its favour, it isn't doing as much as scratching the Kryptonians.

RampageTheFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: I don't. I merely chose to ignore its value in this battle.

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By ourmanuel

@xzone said:

@rampagethefirst: He does actually. Why do you simple ignore Thor’s cloak and lightning strikes?

X

Zone, I think its time you posted all those gifs of it blowing stuff up again.