MCU Thor (IW) vs DCEU Superman (JL)

#251 Posted by godzilla44 (7669 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how people are debating without even seeing the movie

#252 Posted by Archangel01 (2149 posts) - - Show Bio
#253 Posted by HATSoffMELO (2555 posts) - - Show Bio
#254 Edited by Heatforce (6546 posts) - - Show Bio

No one should be surprised about Thor being stronger since Raganrok was all about Thor becoming stronger. But I'll need to see thor w/ Stormbreaker take Thanos w/ IG. How do we know all the feats don't go to stormbreaker?

#255 Edited by Alavanka (2670 posts) - - Show Bio

@kanyecosby said:

@temporal_shift: You expect me to believe that Thor is suddenly moon level and that he he stalemated Thanos with the IG?

Bet

see with you own eyes

Okay, Thor stomps. This is not even close now.

#256 Edited by Archangel01 (2149 posts) - - Show Bio

@hatsoffmelo: it just looks weak both mcu thanos and thor is at least hundred times muscle weaker than dceu clark not to mention both would look frozen in a fight against him

#257 Posted by TricksandToys (470 posts) - - Show Bio
#258 Edited by DammeFavour (8518 posts) - - Show Bio
#259 Posted by Archangel01 (2149 posts) - - Show Bio
#260 Posted by TricksandToys (470 posts) - - Show Bio

@archangel01: hahahahhahahahhahahhahahahaha. Thanos blinks, Doomsday is reduced to a charred corpse.

#261 Posted by Archangel01 (2149 posts) - - Show Bio

@tricksandtoys: i am talking about a direct fight without any stones for thanos and yes thanos would be ripped in two within first minute of the fight

#262 Posted by HATSoffMELO (2555 posts) - - Show Bio
#263 Posted by TricksandToys (470 posts) - - Show Bio

@archangel01: There is literally no feats of him without the gauntlet. So, that's like comparing DCEU Zeus from the WW movie with MCU Pre Ragnarok Thor. Zeus has literally no feats. By hype, Zeus should win and by feats, Thor stomps.

#264 Edited by Chronicplane (9471 posts) - - Show Bio

The Battle Forums after Infinity War Release . . .

Loading Video...

Watching the chaos unfold this is gonna be fun :)

#265 Edited by Alavanka (2670 posts) - - Show Bio

That clip essentially proved that Thor with Stormbreaker would have killed Thanos if not for the fully assembled infinity gauntlet giving Thanos the ability to warp reality. I am fairly convinced that Thor is the strongest individual avenger, unless someone can show another Avenger taking on a fully assembled gauntlet Thanos, and scoring a blow of this level. The fact that stormbreaker can cut through a beam from a fully assembled infinity gauntlet, makes me think that axe can go through anything.

Granted, Superman is still faster and this speed would provide a real advantage, but if DC fans credit Diana's sword of being able to cut Supes then they should definitely credit Thor's new axe.

#266 Posted by TricksandToys (470 posts) - - Show Bio

@tricksandtoys: How about getting hunted like a dog from hundreds of superpowered individuals? That guy survived a huge ship crashing right on his @$$. All it did was p!$$ him off.

#267 Posted by TricksandToys (470 posts) - - Show Bio

@alavanka: I think he stabbed that purple dude in Wakanda. If yes, he was already wielding the reality stone. He wasn't stabbed once but many times (ATQ spoilers). That must've given him enough time to snap his fingers. He is not lazy, is he?

#268 Posted by TricksandToys (470 posts) - - Show Bio
#269 Posted by Heatforce (6546 posts) - - Show Bio

@archangel01: There is literally no feats of him without the gauntlet. So, that's like comparing DCEU Zeus from the WW movie with MCU Pre Ragnarok Thor. Zeus has literally no feats. By hype, Zeus should win and by feats, Thor stomps.

Gotta stick up for Zeus: created an island in a dying state and hid it with magic. Plus he one shot the motherbox unity which took Cyborg to hack and Superman to pull a part.

#270 Posted by DammeFavour (8518 posts) - - Show Bio

@alavanka: I'm assuming that feat is due to stormbreaker considering (if the spoilers are correct) it was made from the same metal as the gauntlet

#271 Posted by TricksandToys (470 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatforce: How is creating an island a combat feature? He was able to seperate the motherboxes which Supes and Cyborg couldn't do. Okay, but Supes was easily trolling Steppenwolf. Something, Zeus couldn't do.

#272 Edited by del_torro (3856 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, so let's see.

Power get feats:

Life wiping a planet

Ripping apart a moon

Blowing up a huge space ship

Then Thor tanks blasts from it and survives the explosion of the Space ship (after being beaten by thanos and taking power get attacks focused on his skull).

Reality Gem feats:

Said to be able to transform the universe to dark matter

Create a storm that was converting buildings and plants to dark matter

Low level reality warping by Thanos

Then than tanks attacks and blasts from the storm and resists standing in a storm of its energy without being converted to dark matter.

So, continent level Durability for Thor and reality warping resistance huh?

*runs away before anyone can dispels his head canon

#273 Posted by Heatforce (6546 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour: They actually go over what the gauntlet is made from? That's pretty cool.

#274 Posted by TricksandToys (470 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour: What is the fact that Stormbreaker is built from the same metal as the Gauntlet prove? Just asking.

#275 Edited by DammeFavour (8518 posts) - - Show Bio

@tricksandtoys: we see what happens when people hold the power stone, did it have that effect on the gauntlet? I'm thinking it acts as a conduit for the power kinda like how ronan's hammer did.

So if the axe is made from the same metal, that means.....

#276 Posted by Heatforce (6546 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatforce: How is creating an island a combat feature? He was able to seperate the motherboxes which Supes and Cyborg couldn't do. Okay, but Supes was easily trolling Steppenwolf. Something, Zeus couldn't do.

Creating an island is either earth manipulation or matter maniplation. I'll go with matter since he can create life but either one is debatable. If he can do something on that scale near death than a prime Zeus would be nuts. Actually if you go back to the fight between Step and the earthlings, only prime Zeus and prime Ares damaged him (Zeus with lightning, Ares with an axe to the shoulder) and they are the ones who sent Steppenwolf running the first time.

#277 Posted by Alavanka (2670 posts) - - Show Bio

@tricksandtoys said:

@alavanka: I think he stabbed that purple dude in Wakanda. If yes, he was already wielding the reality stone. He wasn't stabbed once but many times (ATQ spoilers). That must've given him enough time to snap his fingers. He is not lazy, is he?

Except, we've also seen the reality stone in action in Thor 2 and it didn't provide Malekith the ability to do what Thanos did. We also saw Thanos use the reality stone in the movie itself, and it was only to create illusions. Also the reason Thor couldn't seal the deal was literally because he didn't go for the head. Had he aimed higher, it may as well have been a killshot.

#278 Posted by Heatforce (6546 posts) - - Show Bio

@tricksandtoys: we see what happens when people hold the power stone, did it have that effect on the gauntlet? I'm thinking it acts as a conduit for the power kinda like how ronan's hammer did.

So if the axe is made from the same metal, that means.....

You bring up an interesting point. Ronan's hammer could withstand the power stone, which can life wipe a planet.

#279 Posted by TricksandToys (470 posts) - - Show Bio
@tricksandtoys said:

Creating an island is either earth manipulation or matter maniplation. I'll go with matter since he can create life but either one is debatable. If he can do something on that scale near death than a prime Zeus would be nuts. Actually if you go back to the fight between Step and the earthlings, only prime Zeus and prime Ares damaged him (Zeus with lightning, Ares with an axe to the shoulder) and they are the ones who sent Steppenwolf running the first time.

Yet, Superman trolled him hard.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c531e53b02be
#280 Posted by deactivated-5c531e53b02be (3640 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour: wouldn't make any sense, if there both the same metal then guantlet would be stronger since one has 6 stones.

Don't give me that "the metal is immune to the stone bs" Thanos can control the stones power he was touching the power stone without the guantlet.

#281 Posted by DammeFavour (8518 posts) - - Show Bio
#282 Posted by deactivated-5c531e53b02be (3640 posts) - - Show Bio
#283 Posted by Eobard21 (6408 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor has a big chance now

#284 Posted by Heatforce (6546 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatforce said:
@tricksandtoys said:

Yet, Superman trolled him hard.

Yes, that implies Superman is on par or stronger. His dead body did tank a mother box and the unity can terraform a planet. Now I don't want to use batman's statement about Superman being stronger than a planet until Superman actually has a feat proving so but between his body tanking a mother box and shifting a tectonic plate in bvs, Superman is very powerful. How powerful is up for debate and I'll save my opinion on that once I see IW.

#285 Posted by TricksandToys (470 posts) - - Show Bio

@alavanka: Malekith was in the process of converting the entire universe in darkness. Thanos used the reality stone on the Guardians to trick Gamora. He just made her believe Thanos was killed. The same is the case with any live action reality warping. You can see it in Suicide Squad. So far, she is the only reality manipulator in DCEU. Agreed that the infinity stone should provide more capabilities to the wielder, if he really used it, he could've finished the job in seconds. Now, will those sell tickets? Will those make money for Marvel? No.

#286 Posted by TricksandToys (470 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatforce: What I'm saying is Zeus is really inconsistent. Our arguement was if a IG less Thanos, the one without feats could beat doomsday. To which, I gave the example of Pre Ragnarok Thor and DCEU Zeus. Superman's dead body tanked tanked the unity? When? I agree that Superman is powerful but not as powerful to beat up IW Thor. To this, you said you are going to watch the movie. No problem, man. We'll debate after watching the movie.

#287 Edited by Alavanka (2670 posts) - - Show Bio

What if I told you that Thanos essentially Oliver Queen'd the Hulk?

I actually retract my statement that Thor will stomp, cuz Superman still has speed and I do believe Supes is still physically stronger. But Thor can land killshots if Superman isn't careful.

#288 Edited by titing2101 (1314 posts) - - Show Bio

Im not sure if this is a strength feat but thor while holding to the jet/plane of rocket moved the massive rings.

Thor was standing almost at the center of the star / next to the star and tanking its concentrated blast for a period of time so that it could melt the metal for stormbreaker

thor flies without stormbreaker dragging him(pretty fast IMO)

reacts to a blast and beats it from 6 stoned gauntlet.

would have killed thanos if he aimed for the head.

#289 Posted by titing2101 (1314 posts) - - Show Bio

@alavanka said:

What if I told you that Thanos essentially Oliver Queen'd the Hulk?

i saw mike tyson there lol

#290 Posted by CartoonLife (800 posts) - - Show Bio

Come on, Thor one shots

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
#291 Posted by deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio
#292 Edited by deactivated-5c531e53b02be (3640 posts) - - Show Bio

@_kingoflatveria:

it was Thanos getting his last stone and Thor coming out of no where with a MOALB (mother of all lightning bolt) sending Thanos flying, Thanos stands up and shoots a blast from the fully formed IG, Thor throws his Axe and the two meet midway they pause DB style for a instant and then the Axe goes right through it impaling Thanks.

Thanos says "Should have aimed for the head" and teleports out.

#293 Posted by Amcu (17231 posts) - - Show Bio

People use spoiler blocks.

Avatar image for aquatic_pianist
#294 Posted by Aquatic_Pianist (694 posts) - - Show Bio

Who’s the battle forum mod? We need spoiler blocks.

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
#295 Posted by blackpantherisb (7421 posts) - - Show Bio

What's Thanos's piercing durability like? Has Stormbreaker ever pierced someone on Superman's level of piercing durability? Also did Thor get a durability boost, because other wise Superman can pound him down in less than a second.

#296 Edited by EjorpSnruteR (916 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackpantherisb said:

What's Thanos's piercing durability like? Has Stormbreaker ever pierced someone on Superman's level of piercing durability? Also did Thor get a durability boost, because other wise Superman can pound him down in less than a second.

Superman can't harm Thor pre-Rag. What is this crazy nonsense?

I want someone to point out, with feats, what Superman can do to harm Thor after his feat in AoU. I'm still waiting.

P.S. The only feat that can is the massively outlier off-screen tectonic feat. But then I can also spin that Thor 1 Bifrost feat since that actually happened on-screen.

#297 Posted by jashro44 (54455 posts) - - Show Bio

USE SPOILER BLOCKS!

#298 Posted by Archangel01 (2149 posts) - - Show Bio

@ejorpsnruter: Well dceu supes is like 100 times stronger(muscle power) than mcu thor

#299 Edited by EjorpSnruteR (916 posts) - - Show Bio

@archangel01 said:

@ejorpsnruter: Well dceu supes is like 100 times stronger(muscle power) than mcu thor

Lifting strength equates to very little in joules. To give you an idea, a person with a billion ton strength feats, is only hitting with the force of a small city.

IIRC Supergirl's Fort Razz feat came out to city level, and that's only because she carried it off to space (the extra "work" needed to carry it out to space added to the feat. Otherwise, that million ton feat would be low town or so)

#300 Posted by flamedhorn (142 posts) - - Show Bio

I would think in Round 1 Thor would still lose to DCEU Superman since the speed makes a big difference in their fight.

In Round 2 it will be a much closer fight but Thor might come out on top especially since he can even overpower IG Thanos with his stormbreaker