#2751 Edited by RuthlessKiller (978 posts) - - Show Bio

@macleen:I would like to CaV Thor vs Superman.

#2752 Posted by RuthlessKiller (978 posts) - - Show Bio
#2753 Posted by Lan_Fan (12686 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#2754 Edited by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (10500 posts) - - Show Bio

@ruthlesskiller: Holy shit.. that's absolute garbage, no offend intended. I guess MCU Iron Man is a few dozen times more powerful than the Tsar Bomba, at bare minimum? Do you, honestly, believe that? Lmao, this shit is mind-boggling. It doesn't even slightly MATCH his on-screen feats. If he was as potent as you're insinuating, then he would've quite effortlessly erased Sokovia from existence all by himself without having to ask Thor for assistance whatsoever. But... since I'm a nice guy, I'll take a good look at these overblown calcs:

• I did a bit of research, and found that when detonated on earth, approximately 50% of a nuke's energy is released as blast energy, or the shockwave that destroys objects. 35% comes is released as heat, and 15% as radiation. If a nuke's energy was all released as heat, the area would get much hotter, but you wouldn't see a shockwave that flattens objects as it travels. The shockwave is the physical destructive component of a nuke.
  • I learned that the part of a shockwave that causes physical destruction is called overpressure. It is the difference in atmospheric pressure before and after the shockwave hits, and it is proportional to the yield of the explosion, how far away an object is from the explosion, and the normal atmospheric pressure at the object's location.
  • Here's the kicker though...a shockwave needs a medium to propogate in to form, or an atmosphere. In space, there is no atmosphere for a shockwave to propogate in. So, there was no shockwave when Superman was hit by the nuke, and all the energy of the nuke was released as heat and radiation.

So, Superman's nuke feat is a very impressive heat resistance feat. The fact he wasn't instantly vaporized is impressive, but don't sell this feat as a blunt force feat, because the science says otherwise.

That being said, Superman was hit by a US ICBM. The only US ICBM in service is the LGM-30 Minuteman. It can carry up to three W87 warheads, each with a maximum yield of 475 kilotons, so the maximum energy Superman survived was 1.425 megatons, or 5.9722 x 10^15 Joules.

Waaaat? A nuclear blast isn't just heat. It's composed of 50% of the blast energy (or KE).

No Caption Provided

Take for reference, the Sedan Nuclear test that was executed on July 6, 1962. A 104 kiloton nuclear bomb had enough power to displace more than 12 million tons of Earth, resulting in a 100 meters deep with a diameter of 'bout 390 meters crater. And according to our mutual friend here, Superman was hit by a 1.425 megaton nuke, or a 1425 kiloton nuclear bomb at point blank range. Now, going off of by what was said, that would mean Superman was hit with a nuclear bomb capable of displacing more than 164423076.923 tons of Earth, resulting in a 1370 meters (1.37 km) deep crater, with a diameter of a 5.34375 kilometers.

With the above having been said. Now, imagine what would happen if a nuke that powerful was placed within' Sokovia's very core? Exactly, it would be MORE THAN ENOUGH to blow it into smithereens. Especially when you take into account that the said landmass was already falling apart, and is only 2 kilometers wide (@batman242 has the scan). Thus, BvS Nuke >> Sokovia explosion.

Why is this significant?

A canon tie in comic puts Iron Man's laser at a power output of 200 petawatts. That's 2 x 10^17 Joules of energy. Per second.

To put that in perspective, Tsar Bomba, the largest nuke ever detonated, had a yield of 50 megatons. That's 210 petajoules of energy, or 2.1 x 10^17 Joules of energy.

Iron Man's laser can output the total energy of the largest nuke ever detonated, Tsar Bomba, PER SECOND. And he still couldn't penetrate the Leviathan's shell.

I'm afraid the entirety of those supposedly "precise" calculations, and the efforts that were spent on 'em are all for naught. Our said mutual friend's entire argument hinges on one overblown statement, making it completely invalid. Hell, I doubt even the writer knew the garbage he was spouting, it's complete utter bullshit, and certainly doesn't align nor logically follows Iron Man's consistent feats, there isn't an on-panel/on-screen feat that actually support the contention of "Iron Man is more powerful than the Tsar Bomba".

Not to mention, DC & Marvel has a tendency to throw around random numbers and terms without even doing a proper research on 'em f.e:

• Pre-52 Supergirl tanking 2 billion dB from Silver Banshee. 2 billion decibels are more than enough to wipe out the universe, a trillion times over.
  • Cyborg being able to generate a million dB with his sonic blasts. A million Db is... capable of destroying an enormous amount of universes as well.
  • DCEU Superman tanking a 300 dB, which is FAR MORE POWERFUL THAN A SUPERNOVA.
  • Cho Hulk hitting with a force of 123.3 on the Richter scale, yet he wasn't even able to bust the Moon. 123.3 on Richter scale is several hundred times more powerful than a Supernova.

And I can go and on. The lesson is, relying on ambiguous and vague statements, is irrelevant. You'd well to remember that.

But Thor's lightning DID, both in the Avengers movie and in a canon comic, Thor: The Dark World Prelude.

This is supported by Thor’s lightning obliterating Jotunheim for thousands of feet, and vaporizing a city sized landmass that would have wiped out Earth’s surface on impact. It isn’t inconceivable that that amount of energy would be required to perform those feats.

So Thor's lightning as at bare minimum, 2 x 10^17 watts in power. That is 33.5 TIMES the amount of energy PER SECOND than what almost KILLED SUPERMAN.

Basically, Thor's unrestrained lightning WILLharm Superman, and most likely KILL HIM.

First of all, I've already addressed the "Iron Man uni beam > Tsar Bomba" argument, LMMFAO. Secondly, those feats aren't even pure lighting feats hence useless to my question. Lighting imbued Mjlonir =/= Lighting cloak. Learn the difference.

Ah, no limit fallacies, my favorite. That's not an argument.

Christ's sake, I haven't even committed a NLF. Dude, at least look up the definition before using terms you barely even know how to properly define, I don't wanna repeat myself as it can be quite tedious. Simply stating that Thor's lighting cannot harm Superman base off of the nuke feat, isn't a No Limit Fallacy, there is no similarities between the two whatsoever. Literally, you're like the 3rd person I've encountered lately that couldn't fathom the basic distinction. Sigh..

I've already shown that Thor's lightning is 33.5 times stronger PER SECOND than the nuke that almost KILLED Superman. Even though Superman was weakened, he had recovered significantly from his fight with Batman, and was close to his full power. Unless you want to tell me that Superman was 33.5 times weaker than his full power when he was hit by the nuke, which is stupid

No you haven't. But unfortunately for you, I've already tore that argument into bite-sized pieces, don't repeat yourself. If you want to copy paste an inherently flawed analogy filled with highballed calculations based off of an extremely OBVIOUS HYPERBOLIC statement, then be my bloody guest. If it does not directly or properly address the argument, then it's not worth addressing AT ALL. But if you wanna rely on statements regardless of their vagueness, as actual legit feats. Then you're forced to accept Batman's statement regarding Superman's physicality (being stronger and more durable than a planet), which will leave you with no choice but to concede, giving the fact that being stronger than a planet >> being a few dozen times more powerful than the Tsar Bomba. Thus, congratulations, you've just bit yourself in the arse.

#2755 Posted by rem (2535 posts) - - Show Bio
#2756 Edited by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (10500 posts) - - Show Bio

@rem said:
@rampagethefirst said:
@rampagethefirst said:

56 pages later and Clark still fodderizes his slow ass.

Nah, Iron Man can output the total energy of the Tsar Bomba PER SECOND, and Thor's lighting cloak is dozens of times more powerful than what Iron Man can output. They solo the DCEU.

#2757 Posted by RuthlessKiller (978 posts) - - Show Bio

@ruthlesskiller: Holy shit.. that's absolute garbage, no offend intended.

We'll see the garbage.

I guess MCU Iron Man is a few dozen times more powerful than the Tsar Bomba, at bare minimum? Do you, honestly, believe that?

Rather than debunk it, you resort to argument from incredulity.

Lmao, this shit is mind-boggling.

Not really.

It doesn't even slightly MATCH his on-screen feats.

It does.

If he was as potent as you're insinuating, then he would've quite effortlessl erased Sokovia from existence all by himself

You start to fail from here. While a fifty megaton nuke is capable of pulverizing a mountain the size of sokovia, most of the energy would move through the holes in the spire, into the atmosphere, therefore starks uni beam was needed to prevent Thor's own attack from blowing out. Tony's uni beam would have to be on a similar level of power in order to not be overcome by Thor's lightning.

In order to destroy a 2km mountain like Thor did I.e pulverize/vaporize a significant portion ( which we will assume sokovia landmass is the size of), energy in the vicinity of 50-200 megatons is needed. The tsar bomba is at worst equal to the blast that destroyed sokovia. Also, Stark using his laser at full power also threatened him losing power, that's why Thor was needed both times. That 200 petawatt laser system was a reference to the TOTAL power iron man had.

without having to ask Thor for assistance whatsoever.

Already proven this wrong. Also, tony was the one assisting Thor.

But... since I'm a nice guy, I'll take a good look at these overblown calcs:

Please do.

Waaaat? A nuclear blast isn't just heat. It's composed of 50% of the blast energy (or KE).

If it takes place in space with no atmosphere to propagate the shock wave(like the one in bvs), then all the energy is released as heat and radiation. I specifically told you not to sell it as a blunt force feat so all of the rest is irrelevant.

Take for reference, the Sedan Nuclear test that was executed on July 6, 1962. A 104 kiloton nuclear bomb had enough power to displace more than 12 million tons of Earth, resulting in a 100 meters deep with a diameter of 'bout 390 meters crater. And according to our mutual friend here, Superman was hit by a 1.425 megaton nuke, or a 1425 kiloton nuclear bomb at point blank range. Now, going off of by what was said, that would mean Superman was hit with a nuclear bomb capable of displacing more than 164423076.923 tons of Earth, resulting in a 1370 meters (1.37 km) deep crater, with a diameter of a 5.34375 kilometers.

With the above having been said. Now, imagine what would happen if a nuke that powerful was placed within' Sokovia's very core? Exactly, it would be MORE THAN ENOUGH to blow it into smithereens. Especially when you take into account that the said landmass was already falling apart, and is only 2 kilometers wide (@batman242 has the scan). Thus, BvS Nuke >> Sokovia explosion.

This all falls flat when you realize that: a) stark couldn't fire a laser inside the core of sokovia. Him using his laser at full power threatened him losing power.

b) They had to vaporize it, which takes more energy than simply displacing rock

c) The sedan nuke displaced... SOIL. It's loosely packed compared to rock and as such easier to shift and displace. It also has less compressive strength than rock. That's why I can use a shovel to dig soil with a shovel easily but can't attempt the same with a fucking rock layer.

I'm afraid the entirety of those supposedly "precise" calculations, and the efforts that were spent on 'em are all for naught. Our said mutual friend's entire argument hinges on one overblown statement, making it completely invalid. Hell, I doubt even the writer knew the garbage he was spouting, it's complete utter bullshit, and certainly doesn't align nor logically follows Iron Man's consistent feats, there isn't an on-panel/on-screen feat that actually support the contention of "Iron Man is more powerful than the Tsar Bomba".

And I'm afraid you actually haven't debunked that feat and nothing exists to disprove or contradict Iron man's laser being that powerful. That spoiler block isn't necessary at all.

First of all, I've already addressed the "Iron Man uni beam > Tsar Bomba" argument, LMMFAO. Secondly, those feats aren't even pure lighting feats hence useless to my question. Lighting imbued Mjlonir =/= Lighting cloak. Learn the difference.

It's not uni beam, it's laser. Learn the difference. Lightning imbued mjolnir is lesser than or equal to the lightning cloak. Odin himself says the hammer was to control and help him focus his power. So ragnarok Thor is greater than mjolnir Thor due to having more power than mjolnir Thor.

Christ's sake, I haven't even committed a NLF. Dude, at least look up the definition before using terms you barely even know how to properly define, I don't wanna repeat myself as it can be quite tedious. Simply stating that Thor's lighting cannot harm Superman base off of the nuke feat, isn't a No Limit Fallacy, there is no similarities between the two whatsoever. Literally, you're like the 3rd person I've encountered lately that couldn't fathom the basic distinction. Sigh..

What, you're saying that superman was greatly depleted, which just isn't true seeing as he recovered.

No you haven't. But unfortunately for you, I've already tore that argument into bite-sized pieces, don't repeat yourself.

You equated soil to fucking rock and used that faulty equalization to "tear my argument". That's dumb as hell.

If you want to copy paste an inherently flawed analogy filled with highballed calculations based off of an extremely OBVIOUS HYPERBOLIC statement,

Hyperbole is exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally. What is supposed to not be taken seriously there?

then be my bloody guest. If it does not directly or properly address the argument, then it's not worth addressing AT ALL.

O...Kay? I'm confused by this.

But if you wanna rely on statements regardless of their vagueness, as actual legit feats. Then you're forced to accept Batman's statement regarding Superman's physicality (being stronger and more durable than a planet), which will leave you with no choice but to concede, giving the fact that being stronger than a planet >> being a few dozen times more powerful than the Tsar Bomba.

I don't accept statements randomly. I check them with feats to see if they correlate with each other. And Thor's lightning being more powerful than the tsar bomba is proven by his sokovia and Jotunheim feats.

Thus, congratulations, you've just bit yourself in the arse.

Says the guy who thinks that moving soil is equal to destroying rock. At best superman's nuke would have cracked the city. At worst and most likely most of the energy would have followed the path of least resistance and diverted through the GIANT HOLE MADE FOR THE VIBRANIUM SPIRE.

Superman also didn't tank blunt force, he tanked only heat. The nuke detonated in space and had no medium to transform it's energy to kinetic.

#2758 Posted by RuthlessKiller (978 posts) - - Show Bio

@rem said:
@rampagethefirst said:
@rampagethefirst said:

56 pages later and Clark still fodderizes his slow ass.

Nah, Iron Man can output the total energy of the Tsar Bomba PER SECOND, and Thor's lighting cloak is dozens of times more powerful than what Iron Man can output. They solo the DCEU.

Thor is the only one who soloes.

#2759 Edited by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (10500 posts) - - Show Bio

@ruthlesskiller: You're correct, I can't counter gibberish that has no argumentative basis, but keep acting like what you're spouting here is actually profound. You're cute.

We'll see the garbage.

You don't get it. The said garbage is the residue from your nonexistent arguments, lol.

Not really.

Yes really. If phase one Thor had enough juice in him to bypass the Tsar bomba by a few bazillion times, I'd hate to see you give a power level for the IW Thor and Iron Man.

Rather than debunk it, you resort to argument from incredulity.

True, I don't believe in something that isn't backed up by on-panels feats.

It does.

Oh really? Then post these so called feats that backs it up.

You start to fail from here. While a fifty megaton nuke is capable of pulverizing a mountain the size of sokovia, most of the energy would move through the holes in the spire, into the atmosphere, therefore starks uni beam was needed to prevent Thor's own attack from blowing out. Tony's uni beam would have to be on a similar level of power in order to not be overcome by Thor's lightning.

In order to destroy a 2km mountain like Thor did I.e pulverize/vaporize a significant portion ( which we will assume sokovia landmass is the size of), energy in the vicinity of 50-200 megatons is needed. The tsar bomba is at worst equal to the blast that destroyed sokovia. Also, Stark using his laser at full power also threatened him losing power, that's why Thor was needed both times. That 200 petawatt laser system was a reference to the TOTAL power iron man had.

Dude, the explosion came from the inside, and SOKOVIA WAS ALREADY FALLING APART (the magnetic field was the only thing that kept the landmass together, it basically had no structural integrity and you wouldn't need multi-megatons to break it apart it, but rather kilotons) as stated on-screen. Thor and Iron Man channeled enough power through the spire that created a chain reaction that lead up the explosion. Thor didn't bust shit, it was even STATED ON SCREEN, he couldn't bust the city on his own. However, the explosion didn't even vaporize the whole landmass, they just broke apart something that was already breaking.. lmao.

No Caption Provided

Well, technically, Thor hitting the core with a super charged Mjlonir attack, and Tony creating the heat seal is what triggered the chain reaction. I've seen calcs that puts the Sokovia feat below 300 kt. Though, Superman isn't tanking a hit like that to the face, and Thor hasn't replicated a feat remotely close to the one in question since Sokovia. Hell, if he did bust Sokovia all by himself, it would be a massive outlier as logical consistency indicates.

And I'm afraid you actually haven't debunked that feat and nothing exists to disprove or contradict Iron man's laser being that powerful. That spoiler block isn't necessary at all.

Well, I guess dreaming is for everybody. So.. keep dreaming mate, nobody's stopping ya.

It's not uni beam, it's laser. Learn the difference.

Let me rephrase it for ya, "the thing" that he shoots out of "his chest", that's what's called "the uni-beam". Ya bum. And it's not even a laser.. lmao.

Lightning imbued mjolnir is lesser than or equal to the lightning cloak.

Lighting =/= blunt force. Learn the difference.

Odin himself says the hammer was to control and help him focus his power.

What I said above.

So ragnarok Thor is greater than mjolnir Thor due to having more power than mjolnir Thor.

What? lmao, Ragnarok Thor was a lot weaker without Mjlonir. The latter provided him with a greater striking force and his lighting is yet to top his best striking force feat to date (aka the Jotunheim feat). So, are you telling me he was repeatedly hitting the Hulk with more power than the Tsar bomba?

What, you're saying that superman was greatly depleted, which just isn't true seeing as he recovered.

How's that NLF? SMFH. Look up the definition of the term, you're still using it wrong. Hilarious.

You equated soil to fucking rock and used that faulty equalization to "tear my argument". That's dumb as hell.

Understanding the sentence is REQUIRED before calling it dumb. Still, it's not "dumber" than saying Iron Man can released more energy than the Tsar Bomba per fckn second. But, whatever floats your goat my dude.

Hyperbole is exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally. What is supposed to not be taken seriously there?

• "Iron Man being able to produce more energy than the Tsar Bomba per second"
  • "Leviathan can tank Iron Man's uni beam that can produce more energy than the said Nuke per second"
  • "Phase one Thor's lighting > Uni Beam > Tsar Bomba"

No one sane enough would take that garbage seriously, dude. Mark III Iron Man heated up the Vibranium spire for approximately 23 seconds. Going by the said totally-not-flawed calculations, the total energy he'd be giving off is around 1150 megatons, yet still at least a few dozen times below phase one Thor's self-generating lighting. And according to you smarty pants, IW Thor >>>> Ragnarok Thor >>>>>>>>> Phase One Thor >>>>>>> Leviathan >>>>>>>>> Uni Beam >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tsar Bomba. How do you expect people to buy that? LOL

O...Kay? I'm confused by this.

You're confused by everything, it seems. I'm not surprised in the slightest.

I don't accept statements randomly. I check them with feats to see if they correlate with each other. And Thor's lightning being more powerful than the tsar bomba is proven by his sokovia and Jotunheim feats.

Sokovia feat was a shared feat. And Thor didn't bust shit. Jotunheim, really? Lmao.

Says the guy who thinks that moving soil is equal to destroying rock.

A 1.5 megaton nuke embedded in the center of a rock that was already falling, and breaking into pieces, is not the same thing.

At best superman's nuke would have cracked the city. At worst and most likely most of the energy would have followed the path of least resistance and diverted through the GIANT HOLE MADE FOR THE VIBRANIUM SPIRE.

Replace the vibiranium spire with the nuke, and you'll probably get the same results.

Superman also didn't tank blunt force, he tanked only heat. The nuke detonated in space and had no medium to transform it's energy to kinetic.

It didn't detonate in space, otherwise there wouldn't be a huge ball of fire visible from the sky. They were still within' Earth's atmosphere.

Edit: No disrespect to Aquatic_Pianist, he's done the calculations and put too much efforts into them, and for that he gets my respect. But you, on the other end of the tunnel, had no argument to begin with, you basically quoted his calcs and made them the very foundation of your nonexistent argument. Pathetic. Go get some originality.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c63f773eaecf
#2760 Posted by deactivated-5c63f773eaecf (1549 posts) - - Show Bio

"Nope. And the fact that you may have been debating longer doesn't mean you're better."

*Proceeds to use Mattpat calulations based on opinion and assumptions. Lol

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
#2761 Posted by RampageTheFirst (7337 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, are you serious?

#2762 Posted by macleen (3269 posts) - - Show Bio
#2763 Posted by Rajjar (1768 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebestofthebest

Wait a minute, how can you dismiss the outlier petawatt feat but give credence to the Kryptonian simulation in the BvS tie-in as a reason to say HV can bust skyscrapers in that energy comparison thread? I mean, I don't give credence to that stat about MCU Iron Man either, but that doesn't change the fact that such a dismissal is inconsistent.

#2764 Edited by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (10500 posts) - - Show Bio

@rajjar said:

@thebestofthebest

Wait a minute, how can you dismiss the outlier petawatt feat but give credence to the Kryptonian simulation in the BvS tie-in as a reason to say HV can bust skyscrapers in that energy comparison thread? I mean, I don't give credence to that stat about MCU Iron Man either, but that doesn't change the fact that such a dismissal is inconsistent.

What are you even talking about? 'cause of the simple fact that, destroying four skyscrapers isn't as outlierish as mark lll Iron Man, who btw isn't even a high tier, releasing more energy than the Tsar bomba per second with his uni beam, and the instance RK was referring to is from AoU where Iron Man heats up the Vibranium spire for full 23 seconds, which means he was releasing more than a thousand megaton worth of energy. Unless you're willing to bet that Iron Man being dozens of times more potent than a 50 megaton bomb rivals a high-tier Kryptonian destroying four skyscrapers, in term of inconsistency... yeaaaaaah, tough luck.

Secondly, Zod did cut through a Skyscraper like a hot knife through butter in his very first attempt at using HV. The tie-in feat isn't an outlier, it basically confirms that a fully adapted male Kryptonian has what it takes to bust an entire Skycraper with his heat vision if he wanted to, and it's scalabe due to the fact that it doesn't contradict Superman's, nor Zod's showings.

Thirdly, I admit that I've got the tie-in feat all wrong. He didn't bust four skyscrapers using HV, he only busted one (as in cut it into pieces) using the latter and the rest were either destroyed by physical means or heat vision, there is no way of knowing because it happened off-panels. Therefore I feel the need to apologize to our friend here @xzone. It was sort of my bad, I took the "skyscrapers" feat out of context, I somehow viewed it as a "heat vision" feat when in fact, it was accomplished by a mixture of blunt force and heat vision. Thor's lighting is likely more powerful than HV.

#2765 Edited by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (10500 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebestofthebest said:

Wait, are you serious?

Yeah, according to Ruthlesskiller's posts.. lmao.

#2766 Posted by RampageTheFirst (7337 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebestofthebest: The dude seems like a troll tbh. I mean, everyone who has voted for Thor so far are known trolls who wank him to infinite levels.

#2767 Posted by RuthlessKiller (978 posts) - - Show Bio

@kryptonianpride: @thebestofthebest:

First of all, the only thing I'm seeing here is you insulting and acting incredulous at the fact that Thor is capable of outputting that much energy and Iron man can as well, rather than debunking it. But let's get to the main gist of your Arguments since I don't have enough time to quote your entire post.

Yes really. If phase one Thor had enough juice in him to bypass the Tsar bomba by a few bazillion times, I'd hate to see you give a power level for the IW Thor and Iron Man.

Don't take my words out of proportion here. I said Thor's lightning was more powerful than Iron man's laser which was as powerful as the tsar bomba. Iron man's entire power reserve was equal to the tsar, and him trying to kill the Leviathan threatened losing power, while Thor did with one strike.

Dude, the explosion came from the inside, and SOKOVIA WAS ALREADY FALLING APART (the magnetic field was the only thing that kept the landmass together, it basically had no structural integrity and you wouldn't need multi-megatons to break it apart it, but rather kilotons) as stated on-screen. Thor and Iron Man channeled enough power through the spire that created a chain reaction that lead up the explosion. Thor didn't bust shit, it was even STATED ON SCREEN, he couldn't bust the city on his own. However, the explosion didn't even vaporize the whole landmass, they just broke apart something that was already breaking.. lmao.

I'll need to see a direct quote that says that sokovia was already falling apart and one that says you need just kilotons of energy to bust it. Also from the quote you have me, Thor and Iron man busted the city by their themselves, nothing about them causing some chain reaction. And what was stated on screen was that Thor could destroy the city but that Iron man had to act as a heat cap to make sure Thor didn't just crack the city.

Well, technically, Thor hitting the core with a super charged Mjlonir attack, and Tony creating the heat seal is what triggered the chain reaction.

There was nothing about a chain reaction in what you gave me. Unless "Thor and Iron man channeled enough energy to disintegrate the city" now means "they caused some unstated chain reaction". Which is some hard reaching.

I've seen calcs that puts the Sokovia feat below 300 kt.

So when it confirms your bias, you accept it. Well, I've see calcs that place it at 100 megatons.

Though, Superman isn't tanking a hit like that to the face, and Thor hasn't replicated a feat remotely close to the one in question since Sokovia.

Because he hasn't needed to. Just because thou can city bust doesn't mean you must destroy a city in every fight you have.

Hell, if he did bust Sokovia all by himself, it would be a massive outlier as logical consistency indicates.

Massive outlier to you that is. He destroyed Jotunheim for hundreds of meters by himself.

What? lmao, Ragnarok Thor was a lot weaker without Mjlonir.

I don't know what movie you watched but the point of ragnarok was to show that Thor doesn't need the hammer to be powerful. He isn't the god of hammers.

The latter provided him with a greater striking force and his lighting is yet to top his best striking force feat to date (aka the Jotunheim feat).

You're dense. Thor performed better against hela without his hammer than he did with it. He can totally replicate the Jotunheim feat with just lightning. Unless you're saying that the lightning amplifies the striking force, at which point I have to ask why Thor doesn't just channel MORE lightning to amplify his punches.

So, are you telling me he was repeatedly hitting the Hulk with more power than the Tsar bomba?

No, you idiot. Thor wasn't trying to kill Hulk so he had no reason to use that level of power.

Understanding the sentence is REQUIRED before calling it dumb. Still, it's not "dumber" than saying Iron Man can released more energy than the Tsar Bomba per fckn second. But, whatever floats your goat my dude.

Wonderful explanation for equating soil to rock. Maybe next time, double check your source before shooting yourself in the foot. And Iron man's ENTIRE power is EQUAL to the tsar. Using that laser against the Leviathan threatened him losing power. The same spoiler you showed me says that Iron man also channeled energy to disintegrate the city.

No one sane enough would take that garbage seriously, dude.

That "garbage" has more merit than soil=rock nonsense you spouted.

Mark III Iron Man heated up the Vibranium spire for approximately 23 seconds. Going by the said totally-not-flawed calculations, the total energy he'd be giving off is around 1150 megatons, yet still at least a few dozen times below phase one Thor's self-generating lighting.

I have been saying that Iron man's entire power is equal to the tsar bomba. Don't misquote. Pianist made a mistake and I corrected it.

And according to you smarty pants, IW Thor >>>> Ragnarok Thor >>>>>>>>> Phase One Thor >>>>>>> Leviathan >>>>>>>>> Uni Beam >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tsar Bomba. How do you expect people to buy that? LOL

I never said anything close to that nor did I imply it. What I did say was that ragnarok Thor is equal to or greater than mjolnir Thor going off of Odin's statement. The fact that you have to exaggerate what I said, if not lie shows just how bad you are at arguing.

Replace the vibiranium spire with the nuke, and you'll probably get the same results.

I thought you were saying the bvs nuke would obliterate the city. I guess the soil component being exposed is making you back track.

It didn't detonate in space, otherwise there wouldn't be a huge ball of fire visible from the sky. They were still within' Earth's atmosphere.

According to this site, detonating a nuke in space(interestingly 1.4 megatons like what the bvs nuke was in the best case scenario), will still produce a fireball(called a bright flash in the site), so you're still wrong. Also fucking NASA itself says and I quote:

First, in the absence of an atmosphere, blast disappears completely.

Second, thermal radiation, as usually defined, also disappears. There is no longer any air for the blast wave to heat and much higher frequency radiation is emitted from the weapon itself.

Third, in the absence of the atmosphere, nuclear radiation will suffer no physical attenuation and the only degradation in intensity will arise from reduction with distance.

In case you still doubt.

Go get some originality.

Learn to proofread your sources so you don't imply soil=rock, nukes in space don't create fireballs and such nonsense.

"Nope. And the fact that you may have been debating longer doesn't mean you're better."

*Proceeds to use Mattpat calulations based on opinion and assumptions. Lol

Can't debunk said assumptions gotten from direct statements in the movie and won't even quote me.

@macleen said:

@ruthlesskiller: are you going to set it up, or should I?

Set it up yourself please.

@rajjar said:

@thebestofthebest

He's also a hypocrite?

#2768 Edited by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (10500 posts) - - Show Bio

@ruthlesskiller: More Garbage.

First of all, the only thing I'm seeing here is you insulting and acting incredulous at the fact that Thor is capable of outputting that much energy and Iron man can as well, rather than debunking it. But let's get to the main gist of your Arguments since I don't have enough time to quote your entire post.

The only thing I see here, is you highballing Iron Man and Thor to high hell. And the arguments aren't even yours, lmao.

Don't take my words out of proportion here.

I did not. Your statement implies Thor's lighting is at least 40-50 times more powerful than the Tsar Bomba, and there isn't even a single evidence that supplements it.

I said Thor's lightning was more powerful than Iron man's laser which was as powerful as the tsar bomba. Iron man's entire power reserve was equal to the tsar, and him trying to kill the Leviathan threatened losing power, while Thor did with one strike.

Yeah, you also missed the part where you mentioned "The Leviathan is durable enough to tank the uni beam that can output the total energy of Tsar Bomba". Did you even read your own posts? Lmao..

I'll need to see a direct quote that says that sokovia was already falling apart and one that says you need just kilotons of energy to bust it.

Rewatch the movie, or read the script.

Also from the quote you have me, Thor and Iron man busted the city by their themselves, nothing about them causing some chain reaction.

Nope, Thor's lighting isn't explosive. What they did is essentially powering the vibranium core which triggered the explosion.

And what was stated on screen was that Thor could destroy the city but that Iron man had to act as a heat cap to make sure Thor didn't just crack the city.

Already addressed this.

There was nothing about a chain reaction in what you gave me. Unless "Thor and Iron man channeled enough energy to disintegrate the city" now means "they caused some unstated chain reaction". Which is some hard reaching.

The guidebook didn't go into the full details, obviously.

So when it confirms your bias, you accept it. Well, I've see calcs that place it at 100 megatons.

Same can be said for your arguments.

Because he hasn't needed to. Just because thou can city bust doesn't mean you must destroy a city in every fight you have.

Nope, he cannot bust a city.

Massive outlier to you that is.

Ever heard of "logical consistency"? Apparently not.

He destroyed Jotunheim for hundreds of meters by himself.

Jotunheim isn't even city level, lmao.

I don't know what movie you watched but the point of ragnarok was to show that Thor doesn't need the hammer to be powerful. He isn't the god of hammers.

Sure he's powerful. But nowhere near close to Mjlonir.

I'm dense.

FTFY

Thor performed better against hela without his hammer than he did with it.

"Better", how did you come up with that? His feats without the hammer are flat out pathetic.

He can totally replicate the Jotunheim feat with just lightning.

He hasn't done anything beyond building+ level with his "pure" lighting, and here you are claiming it's "DoZeNs Of TiMeS mOrE pOwErFuL tHaN tSaR bOmBa" lmao, gtfo.

Unless you're saying that the lightning amplifies the striking force, at which point I have to ask why Thor doesn't just channel MORE lightning to amplify his punches.

Lighting does amplify his punches, because y'know, it's kinda the whole point.

No, you idiot. Thor wasn't trying to kill Hulk so he had no reason to use that level of power.

Blame yourself for phrasing it as such, ya dunce.

Wonderful explanation for equating soil to rock.

>Is still not able to understand my simple English sentences.

Maybe next time, double check your source before shooting yourself in the foot.

Wonderful, I was about to say the same thing ;)

And Iron man's ENTIRE power is EQUAL to the tsar. Using that laser against the Leviathan threatened him losing power. The same spoiler you showed me says that Iron man also channeled energy to disintegrate the city.

Yeah, PER SECOND. That's what your calcs indicates. They weren't even yours to begin with, LMAO.

That "garbage" has more merit than soil=rock nonsense you spouted.

>Still not able to understand my rather simple sentence.

I have been saying that Iron man's entire power is equal to the tsar bomba. Don't misquote. Pianist made a mistake and I corrected it.

You are in no position to correct anything. You suck at debating, as you can't even formulate a credible argument besides quoting other people's work and calling it a "credible" argument. You're adorable.

I never said anything close to that nor did I imply it. What I did say was that ragnarok Thor is equal to or greater than mjolnir Thor going off of Odin's statement. The fact that you have to exaggerate what I said, if not lie shows just how bad you are at arguing.

>Is unable to comprehend his own bullshit.

Lmao

I thought you were saying the bvs nuke would obliterate the city. I guess the soil component being exposed is making you back track.

It has more merit than Ragnarok Thor >>> Mjlonir Thor >>>> Iron Man >> Tsar bomba ;)

According to this site, detonating a nuke in space(interestingly 1.4 megatons like what the bvs nuke was in the best case scenario), will still produce a fireball(called a bright flash in the site), so you're still wrong. Also fucking NASA itself says and I quote:

First, in the absence of an atmosphere, blast disappears completely.

Second, thermal radiation, as usually defined, also disappears. There is no longer any air for the blast wave to heat and much higher frequency radiation is emitted from the weapon itself.

Third, in the absence of the atmosphere, nuclear radiation will suffer no physical attenuation and the only degradation in intensity will arise from reduction with distance.

In case you still doubt.

Learn to proofread your sources so you don't imply soil=rock, nukes in space don't create fireballs and such nonsense.

Moot point. Here is the fireball visible from space (1:34), which indicates they were still within' Earth's Atmosphere. If they were in "outer" space, there wouldn't be a huge visible fireball at all, coz y'know no oxygen = no fire, basic physics really.

#2769 Posted by DammeFavour (8292 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG tsar bomb really? Cap and falcon must be damn durable

#2770 Posted by RuthlessKiller (978 posts) - - Show Bio

@ruthlesskiller: More Garbage.

The only thing I see here, is you highballing Iron Man and Thor to high hell. And the arguments aren't even yours, lmao.

Whatever. You haven't debunked those feats.

I did not. Your statement implies Thor's lighting is at least 40-50 times more powerful than the Tsar Bomba, and there isn't even a single evidence that supplements it.

My statement implies that Thor's lightning is 33 times more powerful than the nuke that killed supes.

Yeah, you also missed the part where you mentioned "The Leviathan is durable enough to tank the uni beam that can output the total energy of Tsar Bomba". Did you even read your own posts? Lmao..

I see the mistake. I'm correcting myself now to say that Iron man's laser, whose total output is equal to the tsar, was losing power trying to penetrate the Leviathan. While Thor did so in one strike.

Rewatch the movie, or read the script

Provide the proof yourself.

Nope, Thor's lighting isn't explosive. What they did is essentially powering the vibranium core which triggered the explosion.

The direct quote from your spoiler says: Thor and Iron managed to CHANNEL enough power through the vibranium spire to disintegrate the city. Dictionary definition of channel means to "direct towards a particular end or object". So the vibranium core wasn't being powered, it acted as a conductor and distributor for their power.

Already addressed this.

And you failed to prove your point.

The guidebook didn't go into the full details, obviously.

How the fuck do you know this? Do you have direct access to the guidebook writers to know this. Bring it right here.

Same can be said for your arguments.

But I can prove my argument is valid.

Nope, he cannot bust a city.

He did bust a city.

Ever heard of "logical consistency"? Apparently not.

What is logically inconsistent? What did his lightning fail to kill or destroy that didn't have city level durability?

Jotunheim isn't even city level, lmao.

Jotunheim is city level, lmao. Stop throwing statements and bring proof for your claims.

Sure he is powerful, but nowhere close to mjolnir.

Tell that to Odin and the directors themselves. I've done my best, but when you deny canon to fit you view, you're beyond help.

I'm dense.

FTFY.

"Better", how did you come up with that? His feats without the hammer are flat out pathetic.

Against hela with the hammer: he throws it at her, she catches it and crushes it. He proceeds to get stomped.

Without his hammer and just lightning powers: he strikes her with a lightning bolt that takes her out of the fight for a few minutes, fights her with Valkyrie and stalemates, and uses another lightning bolt that takes her out for a few minutes.

That's not pathetic at all.

He hasn't done anything beyond building+ level with his "pure" lighting, and here you are claiming it's "DoZeNs Of TiMeS mOrE pOwErFuL tHaN tSaR bOmBa".

Destroying the outrider ships(skyscraper in size and strong enough to not buckle under it's own weight) that can withstand reentry. Putting that aside, which situation has he been in that requires him to do more than building bust with just pure lightning?

Blame yourself for phrasing it as such, ya dunce

.I never phrased it as such, dumbass.

>Is still not able to understand my simple English sentences.

Simple English sentence? You claimed that since a weak nuke displaced soil, the bvs nuke could displace rock. Gtfo with your nonsense.

Yeah, PER SECOND. That's what your calcs indicates. They weren't even yours to begin with, LMAO.

Corrected yourself.

>Still not able to understand my rather simple sentence.

>Still won't man up and admit he made a mistake.

You are in no position to correct anything.

I am.

You suck at debating, as you can't even formulate a credible argument besides quoting other people's work and calling it a "credible" argument.

Coming from the guy who quoted Wikipedia and didn't check to see the material displaced. Keep saying sentence construction like it's a good excuse.

You're adorable.

Nah, you are.

>Is unable to proofread his own bullshit.

Lmao

FTFY.

It has more merit than Ragnarok Thor >>> Mjlonir Thor >>>> Iron Man >> Tsar bomba ;)

Keep saying it till it comes true. It won't.

Moot point. Here is the fireball visible from space (1:34), which indicates they were still within' Earth's Atmosphere. If they were in "outer" space, there wouldn't be a huge visible fireball at all, coz y'know no oxygen = no fbasic physics really.

Now disagreeing with science and a pre established test using a nuke of the exact same yield, lmao.

But nevertheless, Frank Heile, PhD in physics, answers on Quora:

Nuclear bombs use nuclear reactions, so no oxygen is required. The nuclear bomb is triggered by conventional explosives, be even they will work in space since they are self contained and need no oxygen from an atmosphere.

You might also ask yourself, based on the logic that space explosions require oxygen then how do stars exist? How do super novas occur? Answer: they don't require oxygen. That is only one type of combustion. There are many different forms of combustion that do not require oxygen.

The US has actually tested nuclear space explosions during the Cold War.

The fact is that a nuclear explosion is perfectly capable of being detonated without oxygen.

Also from the very movie itself:

In Batman v Superman (Ultimate Edition), the government decides to nuke Superman and Doomsday when Superman lures/takes the fight with Doomsday into space:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The missile separating to signify its entry into space.

No Caption Provided

So, the nuclear missile hit them when they were in space:

No Caption Provided

Now, according to Nasa, on the effects of nuclear weapons in space:

If a nuclear weapon is exploded in a vacuum, i.e, in space, the complexion of weapon effects changes drastically:

First, in the absence of an atmosphere, the blast disappears completely.

In the movie, after when they are hit by the nuclear missile, the Government people manning the nuclear launch mission even talk of "re-entry", confirming that the missile hit Superman and Doomsday out of earth's atmosphere. Also, we don't see the usual blast wave that results when a nuclear explosion detonates, which is when the air around it is rapidly displaced by the explosion.

No Caption Provided

Superman after the nuclear hit. Note the particles around him are not moving, meaning they are in a vacuum, hence confirming that they are really in space.

#2771 Edited by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (10500 posts) - - Show Bio

@ruthlesskiller: Indeed, I cannot debunk a nonexistent argument. Yeah, good luck convincing people Thor's "multi-building level+ at best" lighting is a few dozen times more powerful than the Tsar Bomba. Though, points for persistence on a losing debate, you truly deserve that much.

#2772 Posted by RuthlessKiller (978 posts) - - Show Bio

@ruthlesskiller: Indeed, I cannot debunk a nonexistent argument. Yeah, good luck convincing people Thor's "multi-building level+ at best" lighting is a few dozen times more powerful than the Tsar Bomba. Though, points for persistence on a losing debate, you truly deserve that much.

Okay bye. I hope you've learned to proofread. I certainly have.

#2773 Posted by deactivated-5c63f773eaecf (1549 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin said "forged in the heart of a dying star" not that it was made out of one. Groot picking up Stormbreaker and you are saying Groot can lift 300 billion elephants? Are there really people under the assumption that Mjolnir weighs 3.57quadrillion pounds, or 1,785,000,000,000 tons as an adolescenant twig?

Mjonir is 42lbs

#2774 Edited by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (10500 posts) - - Show Bio

@ruthlesskiller said:
@thebestofthebest said:

Such a poorly executed insult. But whatever helps ease the butthurt, dork :)

#2775 Posted by RuthlessKiller (978 posts) - - Show Bio

@ruthlesskiller said:
@thebestofthebest said:

Such a poorly executed insult. But whatever helps ease the butthurt, dork :)

Okay man. Whatever floats your boat.

#2776 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (10500 posts) - - Show Bio
#2777 Posted by ourmanuel (10541 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys please no, Thor isn’t nuke level.

#2778 Posted by deactivated-5c63f773eaecf (1549 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor can tank that fish net electricity which is like BLACK HOLE LEVEL energy. I mean, clearly him being totally rendered useless instantly by that electrical field is way stronger than the energy of a dying star that burnt him to a toasty Thorcheese sandwich.

As we all know Electrical fish nets > Dyning Star > Teh' Lightning > superman

#2779 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (10500 posts) - - Show Bio

True, true. He's just a few hundred times more powerful than the Tsar Bomba, with his lighting. Imagine a Mjolnir imbued with lighting? Planet-level w/lowball.

No Caption Provided

#2780 Posted by ourmanuel (10541 posts) - - Show Bio

@ourmanuel said:

True, true. He's just a few hundred times more powerful than the Tsar Bomba, with his lighting. Imagine a Mjolnir imbued with lighting? Planet-level w/lowball.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Klaus is not amused

#2781 Edited by ourmanuel (10541 posts) - - Show Bio
#2782 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (10500 posts) - - Show Bio

@ourmanuel: Did I lowball too much? Please don't kill me

#2783 Posted by ourmanuel (10541 posts) - - Show Bio

@ourmanuel: Did I lowball too much?

Definitely.

Thor is ⭐️ 🌟💫✨Level, get your facts/feats straight.

Please don't kill me

I’ll leave that to xZone.

Avatar image for aquatic_pianist
#2784 Edited by Aquatic_Pianist (686 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebestofthebest Hey man, I'm the guy that did the calcs. Even I know they're a bit overblown because I made them during a CaV against one of the most notorious DCEU trolls ever, MOTM, who used nothing but utter BS arguments so I decided to use slightly less BS arguments so I could win the CaV. While I do think Thor would take the majority and that Thor's lightning could at least give Superman pause, please don't think my "TSAR BOMBA LEVEL LIGHTNING" seriously. Iron Man's laser statement is a massive outlier with no other evidence to back it up, and no other quantifiable way to estimate it's upper limit.

At least I'm happy I made some people laugh, lol, enjoy the memes.

#2785 Posted by deactivated-5c63f773eaecf (1549 posts) - - Show Bio
#2786 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (10500 posts) - - Show Bio

@aquatic_pianist: Lol I'm aware, my posts were never made to laugh at you but the one who took the said calculations too seriously. He basically grabbed 'em, and reshaped 'em, and made 'em the very pedestal of his regurgitated drivel. What a poor fella, I honestly feel sorry for him at this point.

#2788 Edited by LordOfTheLight (2586 posts) - - Show Bio
#2789 Edited by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do people keep forgetting there's 2 rounds here?

Round 1: Superman can't lose

Round 2: Thor can't lose

#2790 Posted by RampageTheFirst (7337 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah he's not nuke level, he's clearly star level. Jeez, get it right.

#2791 Edited by ourmanuel (10541 posts) - - Show Bio
#2792 Edited by ourmanuel (10541 posts) - - Show Bio
@ruthlesskiller said:
@thebestofthebest said:

My statement implies that Thor's lightning is 33 times more powerful than the nuke that killed supes.

A canon tie in comic puts Iron Man's laser at a power output of 200 petawatts. That's 2 x 10^17 Joules of energy. Per second.

To put that in perspective, Tsar Bomba, the largest nuke ever detonated, had a yield of 50 megatons. That's 210 petajoules of energy, or 2.1 x 10^17 Joules of energy.

Iron Man's laser can output the total energy of the largest nuke ever detonated, Tsar Bomba, PER SECOND. And he still couldn't penetrate the Leviathan's shell.

@faradaysloth I think we’ve figured out how VSbattleswiki got “large country level” IW Iron Man.

#2793 Edited by xZone (10341 posts) - - Show Bio

@ourmanuel: Who said large country level Iron-man? I'm curious now

X

#2794 Posted by xZone (10341 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone saying Thor Stomps or that Clark Stomps is Wrong. This is a very close and good fight

X

#2795 Edited by ourmanuel (10541 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone said:

@ourmanuel: Who said large country level Iron-man? I'm curious now

X

That’s what vsbattles has IW iron man as. I also edited that post so read it again.

@xzone said:

Anyone saying Thor Stomps or that Clark Stomps is Wrong. This is a very close and good fight

X

This is the fight

No Caption Provided

Vs

No Caption Provided

#2796 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (10500 posts) - - Show Bio
#2797 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (10500 posts) - - Show Bio
#2798 Posted by FaradaySloth (8530 posts) - - Show Bio
#2799 Posted by KingLouie (2990 posts) - - Show Bio

Vs Battles Says Hulk has Large Country level durability.. He should beat Thor. 👏👀

Avatar image for aquatic_pianist
#2800 Edited by Aquatic_Pianist (686 posts) - - Show Bio

@dcuwins Just deciding to debunk your nonsense claims from the MCU Thor vs DCEU Kryptonian trio CaV for the world to see and revel in your idiocy.

patently false and you are obtuse. clearly you lack critical reaDING SKILLS.

You lack critical skills in, well, anything. Debating, reason, reading, character, even grammar.

i never said fiora or any other kryptonian is more powerful than a nuke.

Let me direct your attention to your quote from post #85 on the Stormbreaker Thor vs Man of Steel trio thread.

"fiora THREW WITH GREATER FORCE/OR DID MORE DAMAGE THAN A 37 KILOTON NUKE DERP."

Anyone can see your posts from before than quote and clearly see you were crying out that Faora was more powerful than a nuke.

you are a liar and so biased for mcu its palpable.

Neither are true. But you call literally everyone you cry-shout to this, which is a bannable offense. I'm shocked that hasn't happened yet.

its canon fact a newbie fiora ( who is only more super without the mask and armor) threw superman with enough force to go through 2 street blocks of buildings before busting up a bank vaults.

Stating that something happened doesn't make it impressive. Analysis of that feat is required to see how impressive it is. But since you are completely incapable of that, you just think that's more impressive than what Thor can do while completely ignoring objective scientific evidence that Thor is much stronger than Faora.

bank vaults in the forties have remained intact after a atomic blast.

No Caption Provided

In fact, it was two Mosler bank vaults at the Teikoku Bank — and only those two bank vaults — that were left standing after Hiroshimawas hit by an atomic bomb in 1945. In 1957, the U.S. also blasted a bank vault during nuclear testing in Nevada. The 37-kiloton nuke merely loosened the vault's trim.

It's hilarious how you keep copying and pasting this single paragraph from this article instead of making your own arguments. Also analysis of that explosion shows it isn't nearly as impressive as you wank it to be, which I'll get into later.

she has the strength and a newbie superman no selled it. that does not mean fiora is more powerful than a nuke. i never said that .

"fiora THREW WITH GREATER FORCE/OR DID MORE DAMAGE THAN A 37 KILOTON NUKE DERP."

Who's the derp now?

Every object with mass in the universe interacts with every object with mass through gravity. It's just most objects are so far away from us that gravitational attractions are negligible and easily counteracted by friction and our own movement. So going by your logic, a baby is stronger than a black hole because the baby is clearly being effected by the black hole, even though the singularity's effects are infinitesimally small on the baby.

If the nuke was detonated right next to the vault door, the door would be obliterated.

its weird, when we compare the hulk or thanos throwing something, they both pale in comparison to fioras throw. just another example proving krytponians are stronger than mcu period.

Hasn't it crossed your nonexistent mind that throwing is simply one of many different acts of strength, and that both have feats that put them on par or superior to Faora? And that Thor has a feat that puts him as so far above Faora it's laughable how much weaker Faora is?

I shall now proceed to eviscerate you.

Via Wikipedia, "Modern bank vaults are now typically made of modular concrete panels using a special proprietary blend of concrete and additives for extreme strength. The concrete has been engineered for maximum crush resistance. A panel of this material, though only 3 in (7.62 cm) thick, may be up to 10 times as strong as an 18 in-thick (45.72-cm) panel of regular formula concrete."

No Caption Provided

The crush resistance, or compressive strength, of typical concrete is 20-40 megapascals, or MPa.

No Caption Provided

Since vault doors typically have a compressive strength up to 10 times greater than regular concrete, they have a compressive strength of up to 400 MPa.

Fortunately, the surface area of an average man's backside is about 1 square meter.

400 MPa of pressure over 1 square meter is equal to 400 million Newtons of force, or 44,961.79 tons.

Thor moving the Nidavellir rings blows Faora out of the water.

We first need to get the dimensions of the rings.

• In this frame, I compare Thor's height to the width of the mechanism he's in at about the depth Thor is. Since Thor is crouched a bit, I'll say the line indicating his height is equal to 6 feet.
  • The line for Thor's height is 190 points long. The line estimating the mechanism's width at Thor's depth is 352 points long.
  • Therefore, the mechanism Thor is standing in is 11.11 feet wide.
  • In this frame, we see the beam is the same diameter as the first ring from the outside of the mechanism.
  • Comparing that ring to the mechanism Thor stands in, we see the line indicating the mechanism's diameter is 22 points long, and the line indicating the ring's diameter is 84 points long.
  • So, the diameter of the beam is 42.42 feet.
  • We also get this shot of both the beam AND the entire star. The dot indicating the beam's diameter is 2 points long. The line indicating the star's diameter is 203 points long.
  • Therefore, the star is about 4,305.63 feet in diameter.
  • In the above shot, we see the beam enter the ring.
  • The line for the beam's diameter is 2 points long. The line for the ring's height is 46 points long. Therefore, the rings are 975.66 feet in height.
  • We also get a shot where I can estimate the radius from the center of the star to the first ring, figure out the spacing between the rings to get the radius for each ring, and get the thickness of each ring.
  • In the above shot, the star is 107 points long. The line for the radius of the first ring is 397 points long. Both the thickness of the rings, and the spacing of the rings, are 13 points long.
  • So the radius for the first ring is 15,975.09 feet, and both the thickness of each ring and the space between them is 523.11 feet.
  • So the inner and outer radii for each ring, from the innermost to outermost ring, is
    • Ring 1: 15,975.09 and 16,298.2 feet.
    • Ring 2: 17,021.31 and 17,544.42 feet.
    • Ring 3: 18,067.53 and 18,590.64 feet.
    • Ring 4: 19,114.75 and 19,636.86 feet
    • Ring 5: 20,159.97 and 20,683.08 feet.
    • Ring 6: 21,206.19 and 21,729.3 feet.
  • The formula for a hollow cylinder is πh(r1^2 - r2^2), where h = height, r1 = the outer radius, and r2 = the inner radius.
  • Adding up all these volumes gives us
    • π x 975.66((16,298.2^2 - 15,975.09^2) + (17,544.42^2 - 17,021.31^2) + (18,590.64^2 - 18,067.53^2) + (19,636.86^2 - 19,114.75^2) + (20,683.08^2 - 20,159.97^2) + (21,729.3^2 - 21,206.19^2)) = 342,508,712,486.167 cubic feet.
  • Since there were clearly parts of the rings that were not completely solid, then I'll lowball the volume of the rings cross section with mass and say that the entirety of the rings were hollow, with a wall thickness of 50 feet.
  • Cross sectional area of full ring: 523.11 ft x 975.66 ft = 519,158.4426 ft^2
  • Cross sectional area of hollow part = (523.11 - 2(50)) ft x (975.66 - 2(50)) ft = 370,500.5026 square feet.
  • Cross sectional area with mass = 519,158.4426 ft^2 - 370,500.5026 ft^2 = 148,657.94 ft^2.
  • Ratio of volume with mass to total volume = 38,356.34 / 148,657.94
  • The total volume of the metal parts of the rings are then
    • (38,356.34 / 148,657.94) x (342,508,712,486.167 ft^3) = 88,373,218,605.6235 cubic feet.

Though the rings are highly likely to be made of a metal far stronger and denser than steel in order to maintain integrity, I'll give the rings a density of typical structural steel, A36 steel, which has a density of 7,800 kg/m^3, or 220.87 kg/ft^3.

• Total mass = total volume x density = 88,373,218,605.6235 ft^3 x 220.87 kg/ft^3 = 19,518,992,793,424.1 kg

Moving that amount of mass on earth is equivalent to moving at least 2,193,272,837 tons. OVER 2 BILLION TONS.

So Faora exerted almost 45,000 tons of force.

Thor exerted over 2 billion tons of force.

2,000,000,000 tons > 45,000 tons

Even if the rings were ENTIRELY MADE OF AIR, with a density of 1.225 kg/m^3, Thor would still be moving 108,257,192,791.889 kg, over 1,200,000 tons on earth.

Even when lowballing Thor's Nidavellir feat to the extreme, Faora is STILL pathetically weaker than Thor.

since you like calculations so much. go cry on this.

Loading Video...

If anything I'm laughing at your arguments.

this is canon.

Something stated outside the actual movie with tons of visual evidence that contradicts the statement doesn't make it canon.

why dont you calculate what 500,00 hz does?.

Don't have to. It's means zilch by itself.

Hertz in the context of sound waves means nothing without knowing the amplitude of the wave. It just means how many times a wave oscillates per second, which for sound controls pitch.

So, 500,000 Hz means Superman can hear very high pitched sounds. Cool. That speaks nothing about his durability. This is just another case of you knowing absolutely nothing.

The narrator also says that the machines were emitting sound at 310 decibels.

• Sound power is equal to...
No Caption Provided
  • Where...
    • P = power
    • A = area of surface
    • p = sound pressure
    • ρ = mass density of the medium
    • c = sound velocity of the medium
  • The surface area of the average man is less than 2 m^2, but let's highball Superman to 2 square meters.
  • p = 310 decibels, or 63,245,553,203.36759 Pascals.
  • ρ = density of air, or 1.225 kg/m^3
  • c = speed of sound in air, or 343 m/s
  • That gives a sound power of...
    • (2 m^2 x (63,245,553,203.36759 Pa)^2) / (1.225 kg/^3 x 343 m/s) =
    • 1.904×10^19 Watts.
  • Superman took the sound waves for ten seconds, so the narrator is claiming Superman took a total of 1.904 x 10^20 Joules of energy.

That number is absolutely asinine. If an explosion had that much energy, it would be equivalent to 45.5 GIGATONS of TNT, over 900 times stronger than Tsar Bomba. It's blast radius would span entire states, and it would likely end all life on Earth.

Yet what actually happens on screen is completely the opposite.

Loading Video...

The fact we can even hear the sound cannons means they weren't firing sound at 500,000 Hz. If it was that high pitched we wouldn't hear it.

AND the fact that nothing is being flattened instantly for thousands of miles means that the sound wasn't even close to 310 decibels. Most buildings need overpressures of 20 psi to be flattened by a nuclear explosion, or about 35 psi at regular air pressure. That converts to just over 200 decibels, the sound of the Saturn V rocket launch.

The statements in that video you posted are so ridiculously contrary to what happens on screen that anyone who knows what they're talking about, which you don't, should completely ignore what the narrator is saying. It's more likely than not just throwing out numbers to sound impressive with no thought behind it.

let the fanboy rage come up with all manner of bs excuses. lol

You're whining and insults are the bs here. Your idiotic arguments don't hold up under even the lightest scrutiny. Your entire strategy boils down to "i REEEEEEEEEEELY wAnT sUpErMaN 2 wIn, So IlL sCrEeM aNd CrY aNd WhInE uNtIL eVeRyOnE aGrEeS wItH mE!!!!!."

Get owned, kid.